Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Just came to this site: CAISSON HYPERBARE MAM'OUT

It seems more simple than the other chambers, easy to transport and less expensive. 4 450 €
Anyone knows? Can't it be as good as the other chambers?

description:
Portable hyperbaric chamber for the treatment of acute mountain sickness for high altitude mountaineering, fast expeditions with strong daily change of altitude, (from 5 000 m). The patient lies in the chamber which is inflated to a pressure of 220 millibars (equivalent to a fall of 2,500 to 3,000 meters). The use of this chamber is reserved for doctors or people trained in its proper use. On the outside, it is equipped with two carrying handles, a zipper, a porthole and control and filling valves. A waterproof zipper and a pressure gauge.

Caisson Hyperbar portable pour le traitement du mal aigu des montagnes pour l’alpinisme d’altitude, expéditions rapides avec fort changement d’altitude journalier, (à partir de 5 000 m). Le malade est allongé dans le caisson qui sera gonflé à une pression de 220 millibars (équivalent à une chute de 2 500 à 3 000 mètres de dénivellation). L’utilisation de ce caisson est réservée à des médecins ou des personnes formées à son bon usage. À l’extérieur, il est équipé de deux poignées de portage, d’une fermeture à glissière, d’un hublot et de valve de contrôle et de remplissage. Une fermeture à glissière étanche et un manomètre.

ohb6.PNG

Hi Dredger, you are much closer to my area than Goemon , since I am close to Luxembourg, maybe we could arrange a loan? or any other possibility that seems appropriate?
Hi Abats. I haven't considered renting, this would require to think more about. The first thing i would wonder is, depending on the brand and model, such systems are indeed designed to be mounted and dismounted a lof of time or they are like Ikea stuff which means you have better to avoid to dismount it too many times ? There are other details that come to my mind, at this stage i can't say but we can discuss about.

Hi Abats. I haven't considered renting, this would require to think more about. The first thing i would wonder is, depending on the brand and model, such systems are indeed designed to be mounted and dismounted a lof of time or they are like Ikea stuff which means you have better to avoid to dismount it too many times ? There are other details that come to my mind, at this stage i can't say but we can discuss about.
I had some thinking arround this matter.

The Mam'out model: I just looked at the link provided here. Seeing the purpose of this model it is probably design to be move around frequently but I am really not sure that it as the same specifications than the other models. If someone find more info we may come to a different conclusion.

The other home models:
1) The bladder chamber shouldn't be a problem to transport, I think. Could probably be fold and unfold many times before it becomes an issue.

2) You got to get inside the chamber before inflating it. That is probably why each model comes with some kind of structure so that you can easily go inside.

°For the Macy-Pan model the structure is composed of metal frames and plastic connecting rods that need to be assembled inside the chamber. I personnaly broke one rod while mounting the structure. I didn't bother to unmount the structure to change it because the structure hold well as is. Some spare rods where included with the machine.

It should be noted that I installed the system by myself and that would certainly have been easier with an assistant outside the chamber helping me while I was assembling the structure inside the chamber as showed in this video: link

°For some other models it seems that the manufacturers choose to use an outside structure instead of an inside one. Those models should therefore be easier to mount and to unmount, OSIT

All in all I think any model can be transport without to much trouble.

I've just wanted to say that after 10 HBOT sessions my fatigue disappeared! What is interesting, my aerobic capacity increased substantially. I hate running and almost always run in zone 2 (with occasional sprints). Day after my 10th session I've gone running and did 5 kilometer run in zone 4, just like that, without any significant tiredness, and slept exceptionally well that night. I can really see how this could be useful for top athletes to give them a small improvement in performance.

Thanks for all the posts in this thread. Have decided to take the plunge and im in the process of purchasing the same Macypan unit that the Chateau purchased. Best price they could give was USD 5,880. They will under-declare the price in order i pay less GST. The only concern i had was that in requesting the payment they wanted me to pay it to an account in Hong Kong. Just checking to see if this was the same payment process for other members who purchased from Macypan. Thanks for the feedback.
I paid to MacyPan via Alibaba. Is that your situation?

It seems more simple than the other chambers, easy to transport and less expensive. 4 450 €

Caisson Hyperbar portable pour le traitement du mal aigu des montagnes pour l’alpinisme d’altitude, expéditions rapides avec fort changement d’altitude journalier, (à partir de 5 000 m). Le malade est allongé dans le caisson qui sera gonflé à une pression de 220 millibars (équivalent à une chute de 2 500 à 3 000 mètres de dénivellation). L’utilisation de ce caisson est réservée à des médecins ou des personnes formées à son bon usage. À l’extérieur, il est équipé de deux poignées de portage, d’une fermeture à glissière, d’un hublot et de valve de contrôle et de remplissage. Une fermeture à glissière étanche et un manomètre.

View attachment 59509
220 millibars is apparently equivalent to .22 Atmospheres, so I would think the Atmospheric pressure would be 1.22 ATA?

I’ve enrolled in an online course for people using mHBOT at home and for practitioners.

New Practitioner Training – Hyperbaric Education and Training

I have heard it spoken about on a podcast I’ve been listening to.

I’ve set my Salus36 chamber up at my workplace and so far have had 4 40 - 60 minute dives. Not much to report except that I felt tired after session 3 (although my husband is away so I’m running the house and business solo) and today I went in with a slight headache and it neither aggravated it or improved it.

I do plan on offering the service as an adjunct to our other wellness services so figured some training is appropriate.

I’ve also invited some test subjects to learn on including my 73 yr old mother, my 12 yr old son and a couple of friends.

One friend freaked out today as she was getting in and decided it was too claustrophobic for her. I suggested she sit next to the chamber and just wear the oxygen mask so she happily did that for an hour. I realise the benefits are the pressurised O2 but my thinking is that she get used to the chamber being there and then she may feel the courage to step inside. It’s also a reminder of what I may be dealing with professionally and how to handle peoples fears.

I must say the 3 layer zip system isn’t the easiest and has taken me 3 goes to master. And my mum felt like a gymnast trying to step up and in to the zips with not much to hold on to. We are fit healthy people so I can’t imagine someone frail trying to get in.

Around 15 or 16 session done so far. I feel Irregular heart beat has definitely improved, won't know 100% if any improvement in ejection fraction until I get an echo, it was at 21% in January. Would like to do at least 40 session before getting an echo. Workouts are better, can push harder and take fewer breaks. Lots of energy, mind feels sharper. Leg pain improved, thats been bothering me for years now, probably due to my heart condition, it felt like not enough oxygenated blood was getting to my leg. Although it has got a lot better before doing HBOT it never went away. Anyway, will keep going. Thank you Laura from the bottom of my healing heart, much love to you for bringing HBOT to our awareness. If your on the fence about getting a chamber, just do it, you won't regret it. ❤

View attachment 59509

I looked into one of these types of emergency kits, too, an American version, because they are cheaper. I think that these chambers are for treatment of compression sickness only - ie., there is no oxygen pump. That's why they're cheaper. Is that the case with this one above? Is there an oxygen pump of some kind? I can't tell from the site because I can't read French very well.

Without a pump, you can be under 1.5 ATA or whatever, but without a rich oxygenated environment, the type of healing we're exploring in this experiment won't happen. From what I understand, we need both oxygen and pressure for this to work!

If anyone is interested my contact Winni at zoya tech got in touch. They have a sale on until the 16th. 200usd of the soft chamber and 500usd off if you buy two chambers. Worth looking into and getting a quote, might get an even better deal if a few are going in on buying a chamber or two. Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know.

Back
Top Bottom