Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

All setup and working perfectly. To summarise for anyone considering a Zoy-Tech chamber, the costs were USD 4,360 with express(air) shipping ( via DDP i.e. sea-freight is approx 4,175 and includes custom duties too). With express, we had to pay custom duties (approx. AUD 360) on top via an easy link sent to my mobile via fedex. No dramas with AU customs. So, not a bad choice considering how expensive these things are when purchased locally.

The service from the supplier is also exceptional. They respond quickly to answer any questions etc. Our Oxygen generator didn’t work and they worked with me to diagnose the issue by sending instructions and schematics. One of the electrical connections had become loose due to being knocked around in transit. No dramas there and the unit works perfectly. The heavier weight of the unit (when compared to the Macy-Pan) is due to the steel framing which is quite sturdy. The chamber itself is very light and can be lugged around easily. The Oxygen generator is all-in-one with air compressor built-in and sits on wheels which is handy.
@Seamus and my self combined ordered one 1.5 ATA Zoy-tech portable unit for the folks here. This unit have outside pressure guage too. Cost is US $4350( including express air shipping) with addition of import tax of around 200 later. We may receive it in 2 to 3 weeks. We decided to put the unit under @Seamus name to be on the safe side.

Thank you for all the home work you guys did and it helped us to narrow down the choices easily.

I can do a more elaborate test if you want. Just let me know more precisely what your goal is.

As I don't have a chamber yet, my goal is, to find a chamber where my ear will be able to adjust to the pressure the time it needs to - during increase and decrease. My question is, if this adjustment can be done in a quite simple way within Macy Pan, Zoy or any other chamber?

This would probably take some finagling to get the right sized air out opening.
Does this refer to what I want to find out?

As I don't have a chamber yet, my goal is, to find a chamber where my ear will be able to adjust to the pressure the time it needs to - during increase and decrease. My question is, if this adjustment can be done in a quite simple way within Macy Pan, Zoy or any other chamber?

It can be controlled on the way down, going up might be a bit more tricky. I'll be doing a session in the morning in the zoya, will try what Goemon suggested with the manual release valve and report back. In theory it should work.

I don't have a chamber yet, my goal is, to find a chamber where my ear will be able to adjust to the pressure the time it needs to - during increase and decrease. My question is, if this adjustment can be done in a quite simple way within Macy Pan, Zoy or any other chamber?

Its possible to control how quick the pressure builds using the manual release valve. I let the chamber inflate with the valve closed fully, when its inflated, the manual pressure valve is turned slightly to release a bit of air. The prressure gauge moves slowly up, to hold the pressure open it a bit more. Its not that tricky, obviously it takes longer to come to full pressure, but it is easier on the ears. I'd imagine the same could be done in most chambers, they all have the manual release valve. Hope this helps a bit, Breo.

liam1310
Its possible to control how quick the pressure builds using the manual release valve. I let the chamber inflate with the valve closed fully, when its inflated, the manual pressure valve is turned slightly to release a bit of air. The prressure gauge moves slowly up, to hold the pressure open it a bit more. Its not that tricky, obviously it takes longer to come to full pressure, but it is easier on the ears. I'd imagine the same could be done in most chambers, they all have the manual release valve. Hope this helps a bit, Breo.
This helps big time! Thank you so much for checking.

2 sessions a day since Monday. Up to this point I would some times sweat a little. Today both sessions, sweating buckets after 20 -30 min. Clothes soaking wet at the end.

Attachments

• 20220707_185123.jpg
    20220707_185123.jpg
    970.6 KB · Views: 26
Ditto. Very sweaty first couple of sessions and I'm barely keeping my eyes open at work. I now use a few icepacks under my knees to keep the sweatiness down as I found it to be really uncomfortable in the tight space. As to the tiredness, well they say it will pass, and heck, I could use a lot more sleep :)

I'm still sleepy as heck after sessions though not consistently. Yesterday, I was not sleepy at all, but it was back again today.

We have dealt with the heat problem in several ways. Pierre got a little portable battery operated rechargeable fan with a clip holder that is clipped to the interior brace in the chamber. My daughter takes ice packs in with her. (The kind that are reusable, gel pack things.) We also turned the A/C down in the room the chamber occupies so the incoming air will be colder. The Macy-Pan unit comes with a small air-conditioner too, so that helps.

I haven't had any problem with being too warm so far, but others have.

2 sessions a day since Monday. Up to this point I would some times sweat a little. Today both sessions, sweating buckets after 20 -30 min. Clothes soaking wet at the end.
Knowing you have a heart condition I am a bit concerned about that. Twice a day might be too much for your body right now. @Gaby is the heart doctor though so I'd be curious what she thinks.

Knowing you have a heart condition I am a bit concerned about that. Twice a day might be too much for your body right now. @Gaby is the heart doctor though so I'd be curious what she thinks.
I think it should be okay. He does have close follow-ups. In case of moderate to severe tiredness, I would slow down to one session a day.

In case of moderate to severe tiredness, I would slow down to one session a day.

No other symptoms, energy levels are good. Heart rate usually below 70 after hbot and stays consistently good during the day. Blood pressure also good, drops a bit after hbot, not much. Its usually on the low side throughout the day, in the 90,s over 60-75, no symptoms. Will take two days of this week, since im doing two a day. Next appointment is first week in August. Thanks Gaby,

Thanks for asking Seamas.

Hi all :)

After reading april session and this topic I got interested in obtaining results from HBOT. Unfortunately I don't have spare 4k or so euros, and even paying 20eu per session still looks too much for me, thus I thought it is good to combine free high pressure and high oxygen.

So I came to idea of oxygen diving (rebreather diving, closed circuit diving) and though it's very good activity and provides HBOT (for recreational and safety purposes one reccomended to dive 6m max, which will provide 1.6ATA), but there are certain risks (high) and some natural problems as freezing, but as a result of this small research I ran across DIY Hyperbaric chamber.

Looks easy and affordable, and if you build it yourself - you will know how it works.

I did session 44 today.
:bacon:

...but as a result of this small research I ran across DIY Hyperbaric chamber.

Hyperbaric engineering-wise, would want to more carefully have this checked out (especially the pump set up and some other critical details), yet on the surface in a crude way, it seems an interesting possible alternative; really not very difficult looking to make. Better still than a DIY, if not equipped, a local machine/welding shop could braze it up and fit it out, and likely pretty reasonably.

Here is the fellows write-up:

Background: At one time, (days of the dinosaur) the air on Earth consisted of about 35% oxygen. I fear that the 20% - 21% of oxygen in the air, we breathe today, is inadequate to insure long term good health. I think there may be a cumulative long term negative impact on our bodies. I observe too many of my friends and family are experiencing a wide range of 'quality of life' issues. (Including death) Rather than being reactive, I have decided to be proactive. I believe there is potential for using a hyperbaric chamber as a 'wellness / prevention tool'.

In Russia, China, Cuba, and other countries hyperbaric chambers are used to treat over 60 different conditions Some background / things I've read, heard, & believe about Oxygen and Oxygen Therapy : • At one time the oxygen level on earth was around 32%. Today it is just over 20%, and much lower is some places. • You can eat all the right things, but low oxygen can still make you sick / unhealthy. • In 1931 Otto Warbug won a Nobel Prize for showing that oxygen was the enemy of the cancer cell -- it kills them without harming the good cells! • Bacteria, Fungi, Germs, Viruses, and Cancer cells thrive in an environment where oxygen is depleted. (Oxygen helps all the good cells and normally is not toxic.) • You can live for 3 weeks without food, 3 days without water, but you will die if you go 3 minutes without oxygen. • If everyone would gargle or spray their throat with Oxygen (in the form of Hydrogen Peroxide) at least twice a day, the flu and cold frequency would be reduced by more than half for just penny's a day. (watch youtube Bill Munro's "How to inhale hydrogen peroxide for good health") • I personally know of people who claim to have cured their cancer using hydrogen peroxide / oxygen therapy. • The best way to improve overall health may be to increase oxygenation of every cell. (methods include - stop smoking, lose weight, exercise, & oxygen therapy) • Even relatively healthy people may have trouble extracting all of the oxygen that they need from the air. In fact, the air itself is becoming more and more polluted, making oxygen extraction more difficult. • Fidel Castro has 3 Hyperbaric Chambers. (one at home, office, and on his airplane) This may be a primary reason he is still alive? • Smoking, drug use, alcohol use, and / or obesity will result in less oxygen to cells. (less oxygen is bad) Exercise gets the blood flowing, resulting in more oxygen to cells in your body. (More oxygen is good!) • Children who suffer from sleep apnea have a higher risk of developing learning disability, behavioral and health related issues. (Less oxygen is bad!) • Obesity / overweight can be a major contributor to sleep apnea. • A stroke occurs when there is a lack of oxygen getting to parts of the brain. The longer there is a oxygen shortage , the more severe / permanent the damage. • Most people do not realize the risks from cumulative low oxygen absorption, nor the benefits of supplemental oxygen over time in their bodies. (More oxygen is good!) • The oxygen density jumps by 30% (from 20% to 26%) in a hyperbaric chamber operating at 4 psig with no supplemental oxygen. • In other countries including Russia and China Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is widely used. They treat over 60 different conditions with HBOT, with most treatments 45 -- 60 min. long and at pressures below 2 ATA (14.7 psig). • In America medical schools, doctors, and the FDA have not embraced Oxygen Therapy due to the influence of the Big Pharmaceuticals. Highly effective and relatively inexpensive therapies are largely ignored. (It's all about the money!) • Many pills and medicines are toxic. Some treatments and medicines harm good cells as well as bad cells. Pharmaceuticals want you to take treatments and pills for long periods of time. ($$) • The cost for Oxygen Therapy (and hyperbaric chambers) is much lower in foreign countries (Russia, China, Cuba, Japan, ...) than it is in America. Much of this cost to the consumer is driven by unnecessary government regulations and intervention in America. • Many arguments supporting these government regulations are no more than a "Red Herring". • Mild hyperbaric chambers are safe. 4 ways to increase oxygen in your body include: • Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2 = H2O + O = water + Oxygen) • Ozone (O3 = 3 molecules of Oxygen) • Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (Oxygen + increased pressure) • Ultraviolet Radiation of Blood (UVIB)

This was novel, from the Wilson School - Building a Portable Hyperbaric Chamber at the KPU’s Wilson School of Design.

The design application is for mountaineering, so packing it up a mountain for altitude sickness. Do not see that it has been completed.

I have just started sessions, having completed session 9 yesterday. I am experiencing autonomic shaking or neck tremors while in the chamber. This has happened in the past, but it stopped for a few months - now it's back. I think it is similar to what Pete Levine has described in 'In An Unspoken Voice', somatic trauma release. I've been listening to his audiobook in the chamber.

I've noticed an overall fatigue, and also a reduced need for tobacco, as well as increased appetite. Mental clarity improves some days, while others it's like I'm lucky my head is attached to my shoulders or I'd leave it behind.

Back
Top Bottom