Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I myself also have a diagnosis of moderate osteoarthritis in my left hip joint. I too will be interested to see if it will help improve that situation.
Don't forget the importance of MEGA MINERALS https://www.vitacost.com/solaray-me...VhODICh1i2AgzEAAYASAAEgJ2CPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Selinium, Biotin, Trace minerals.....etc. Laura recommended the one linked above. Be sure to get the IRON FREE formula. But any good quality brand would work.

In addition, a good quality collagen powder and gelatin. The glue that holds it all together. It will certainly slow the arthritic progression and with time, even start to heal.

Don't forget the importance of MEGA MINERALS https://www.vitacost.com/solaray-me...VhODICh1i2AgzEAAYASAAEgJ2CPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Selinium, Biotin, Trace minerals.....etc. Laura recommended the one linked above. Be sure to get the IRON FREE formula. But any good quality brand would work.

In addition, a good quality collagen powder and gelatin. The glue that holds it all together. It will certainly slow the arthritic progression and with time, even start to heal.
I can confirm such mineral formula - I use this cheap, but good one - helps repair sports injuries. Shielding you from injury and contributes to / enhances the body's natural process of joint repair. My knees don't hurt anymore - after running on uneven terrain, since I take this every second day.
Since HBOT appears to push the effect on the human body of the equivalent of an athletic exercise, these minerals I think simply give the body the materials to repair itself. Without these my bones and joints weren't that robust and I often had knee and joint pain, because my body was starved of minerals ==> did not have the basic building materials to repair itself! Also these powders are usually alkalizing, reducing acid build up in the body ==> your joints stop calcinating - hips or spine hurting for example - , like when they do with excessive carbs leading to acidic blood / acidic urine / calcium buildup. Excessive intake causes hardened stools, just like when I eat too many bones [pressure cooked] so I made sure I take this powder only every 2nd day.

Last edited:
Three of us Western Canadians have pitched in and have bought a chamber, it should be coming in next week and we'll report our progress as we go.
We received the chamber (a Macy-pan 1.5 ATA) on June 29, and it's been set up at my house for the time being. The unit works very well with no issues.

After the first few sessions I felt energised and just a sense of 'well being' until about the fourth session when the real tiredness set in, but that only lasted for about 4 days. I took a break on the eighth day, then started doing 2 sessions a day, one in the morning before work and the other in the evening about an hour before retiring for the night. I just finished the 23rd session about an hour ago and so far, well, all I can say is that I'm feeling really good. I feel like I have a clearer mind and I've even noticed that I may have a little more 'will' and discipline in my daily life - something that I've always struggled with.

Keep us posted on your progress. I'm extremely interested in the effect of HBOT on COPD.

I've never been diagnosed with COPD but I suspect that I do have it. I've been experiencing shortness of breath and a 'tightening' in the chest area for maybe a year now (probably much longer), but it's not really severe and it only happens in the morning, then breathing ok again by the time I would leave for work. A couple of months ago I started taking liposomal vit C and that seemed to alleviate some of it, but as I was thinking about it today, I don't remember having any shortness of breath in the last couple of days, or at least I didn't take notice of it.

I also have what's called 'purple nose', which I've had for several years now. I always thought that it had to do with too much alcohol consumption (in my past), but I've recently read that it could be an indication of COPD - low oxygen level. That's a bad thing, but the good thing is that my wife pointed out to me a few days ago that the 'purple nose' is fading. I took a good look in the mirror and indeed it is 'fading', I would say about 60% gone... No wonder I never liked looking at myself in the mirror.

and also a reduced need for tobacco

Same with me. I noticed that a few days ago, that I'm smoking 4 or 5 less cigs a day. I even 'forgot' to have one on my way home from work the other day! Strange but true...

The chamber was a huge expenditure for me, but somehow it just kinda worked itself out and I was able to do it. I'm ever so grateful to be a part of this great Work.

{snip}

After the first few sessions I felt energised and just a sense of 'well being' until about the fourth session when the real tiredness set in, but that only lasted for about 4 days. {snip}

Interestingly, that has been my experience as well; the first round of 5 or so sessions i felt a variety of very noticeable positive effects, along with the odd unusual one, such a becoming sensitised to caffeine (in mate tea) - all of which i'll have to share in detail when i have a moment - but, following a break of a week or so, the tiredness and, similar effects began.

In short, the positive effects were: significantly increased energy, stamina, my brain seemed to work better overall, less muscular aches and pains, and because of that, i also felt much more 'balanced', emotionally, and able to deal with stressors and what not. It felt great, actually. It could be better, but just that improvement was surprising. It reminded me a bit of when going keto and for the first time energy was more steady and the usual brain fog cleared.

I would hope to see more improvement with the muscular issues, but i'm also guessing/hoping that perhaps some of these positive effects were some kind of 'preview' of what could be to come.

If the preview is something like the final result could be, it would be worth it. I'm pretty sure this increased stamina wasn't psychosomatic or placebo or whatever, but, i guess we'll see.

Anyway, about 10 sessions in, those initial positive effects subsided mostly, i also notice that, at the moment, i sleep less in the chamber, whereas the first 10 i basically slept the whole way through, regardless of how tired i was when i got in. It was hard to keep my eyes open, actually. And i wouldn't be so quick to sleep in bed. That said, even now, i usually still doze in and out, and notice that i feel more relaxed and comfortable than i would if i was in bed.

It also struck me that it will be interesting to hear from those who don't have any chronic issues, because perhaps they'll notice any effects sooner, and if what i noticed cognitively is a common effect, and it seems to be having spoken to a number of people who've used it so far, then i think most people would be quite glad of the benefits. I guess we'll see as the experiment continues.

There are a few other things i've noted down about my experience that i will post here when i have chance.

Last edited:
I have sucessfully went to the first session, it was for 1 hour at 2.4 ATA. I asked for less pressure but as other people also entered they were doing the treatment at 2.4. It was hard to keep my ears from hurting while the compression was in progress, I had to constantly swallow and move my jaw, if I stopped they would start to hurt. They have masks inside with oxygen that release it when you breathe they have to be tight to the face, all were big for my face so I used the valve in the mask to release the oxygen constantly, at one point I opened the valve a little more.

I felt relaxed inside, kind of sedated, my two "chambermates" slept, I wanted to lay down in a moment but not sleep. I read a book instead. My belly did noises and also I burped (?) and I'm positive one of my chambermates farted... anyways! Everything feels warm and nice while in there, but as it start to go back to normal you start to feel cold.

I did not noticed any changes aftewards apart from that sedated kind of state that is similar to taking clonazepan/xanax. In fact, I took the bus home, and a woman entered at one point complaining to the driver and started to fight, yell, and even punch him, a really stressfull situation that would at least accelerate my heart rate but nothing happened I was chill about it...That surprised me... (The woman sooner left and we continue the journey normally).

I leave a picture of the chamber, looks like a submarine!
IMG_7523.jpg

Hi guys, been a long time since posting. Been reading this thread and think I need to buy a HBOT chamber for my health issues. Talked to both Zoy-Tech and Macy-Pan and the chambers seem similar technically and in quality(?), but Macy-Pan is USD1000 more (so far, not quite done yet).

So, those out there that have been using your chambers for a while, any problems, or just happy?

Also, anyone from Sweden that have ordered a HBOT chamber?

I'm 44 session in with the zoy-tech. It comes with the same machines as the macy. Condensor, and seperate machine that cools the air coming in. Im now using ice pack in the chamber and an air purifier in the room for at least an hour before a session, it cools the air a bit and will help keep the condensor in good working order. I notice a difference when not using an air purifier. Its 100% helping and would recommend it. Ive had no problems with it, all running smoothly. Pressure wise as Laura said macy goes to just above 1.5 the zoy goes to between 1.4 and 1.5.

Edit: I mean oxygen concentrator not condensor 🙂🙃

Don't forget the importance of MEGA MINERALS https://www.vitacost.com/solaray-mega-multi-mineral-iron-free-100-capsules-1?CSRC=PPCADW-GGL_SEM_NB+PURE_US_REM_DSA_Vitamins+&+Supplements_NA-&network=g&keywordname=&device=c&adid=39700047316681372&matchtype=&gclick=EAIaIQobChMI3Nqdovb3-AIVhODICh1i2AgzEAAYASAAEgJ2CPD_BwE&ds_agid=58700005322653484&targetid=&s_kwcid=AL!9700!10!{AdId}!{OrderItemId}&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3Nqdovb3-AIVhODICh1i2AgzEAAYASAAEgJ2CPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Selinium, Biotin, Trace minerals.....etc. Laura recommended the one linked above. Be sure to get the IRON FREE formula. But any good quality brand would work.

MegaMinerals looks good. I have been using AOR Ortho Core which also has vitamins, and no phophorus, also no iron.

air purifier in the room for at least an hour before a session, it cools the air a bit and will help keep the condensor in good working order. I notice a difference when not using an air purifier. Its 100% helping and would recommend it. Ive had no problems with it, all running smoothly.
Thanks for sharing this information. Are you also running the air purifier during the session? What is the difference you noticed by using an air purifier?

I have sucessfully went to the first session, it was for 1 hour at 2.4 ATA. I asked for less pressure but as other people also entered they were doing the treatment at 2.4. It was hard to keep my ears from hurting while the compression was in progress, I had to constantly swallow and move my jaw, if I stopped they would start to hurt. They have masks inside with oxygen that release it when you breathe they have to be tight to the face, all were big for my face so I used the valve in the mask to release the oxygen constantly, at one point I opened the valve a little more.

I felt relaxed inside, kind of sedated, my two "chambermates" slept, I wanted to lay down in a moment but not sleep. I read a book instead. My belly did noises and also I burped (?) and I'm positive one of my chambermates farted... anyways! Everything feels warm and nice while in there, but as it start to go back to normal you start to feel cold.

I did not noticed any changes aftewards apart from that sedated kind of state that is similar to taking clonazepan/xanax. In fact, I took the bus home, and a woman entered at one point complaining to the driver and started to fight, yell, and even punch him, a really stressfull situation that would at least accelerate my heart rate but nothing happened I was chill about it...That surprised me... (The woman sooner left and we continue the journey normally).

I leave a picture of the chamber, looks like a submarine!
View attachment 61013
If you have the option to, try holding your nose shut, keeping the mouth closed and blow as hard as you can until you feel your ears relieve the pressure. You are equalizing the internal pressure with the external increasing pressure by doing this. Your ears won’t hurt. As you start to feel the pressure rise and sound start to fade, keep doing it until the chamber is fully pressurized. Yawn and swallow when depressurizing.

This is the same method used when diving. I hope it helps. That ear pressure can be very painful.

In addition to the bus incident. I have just finished 3 sessions and one thing that I have greatly noticed as well is my wife’s negative emotions are not affecting me as much as they usually do when she wants to rile me up. So much that it is noticeable. In fact I feel happier. Is it a placebo affect? I have no idea… 🤪

If you have the option to, try holding your nose shut, keeping the mouth closed and blow as hard as you can until you feel your ears relieve the pressure. You are equalizing the internal pressure with the external increasing pressure by doing this. Your ears won’t hurt. As you start to feel the pressure rise and sound start to fade, keep doing it until the chamber is fully pressurized. Yawn and swallow when depressurizing.

This is the same method used when diving. I hope it helps. That ear pressure can be very painful.

In addition to the bus incident. I have just finished 3 sessions and one thing that I have greatly noticed as well is my wife’s negative emotions are not affecting me as much as they usually do when she wants to rile me up. So much that it is noticeable. In fact I feel happier. Is it a placebo affect? I have no idea… 🤪

Maybe the Valsalva manoeuvre works to relieve pressure in relationships, too? Eureka!

Thanks for sharing this information. Are you also running the air purifier during the session? What is the difference you noticed by using an air purifier?

Yeah, leave it running during the session. It Cools the room a bit and and brings down the humidity. I tried a dehumidifier in the room, but this just makes the room warmer. The air purifier im using is a cheap one from amazon, under 50euro, a more expensive one would probably do an even better Job. It gets warm in the chamber quicker without using the air purifier.

Back
Top Bottom