Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Yes, I agree it is a good idea to discontinue the iodine, Bobo. Hopefully, the bleeding will stop in short order and you can decide what the next step should be going forward. If it is bright red and fairly large amounts, as Laura suggested, you may want to have a scope to see what is going on. Perhaps there are polyps that burst and bleed in the colon? If it were an infection, I'd think there would be other symptoms like fever, malaise, alternating between constipation/diarrhea? If small amounts, it could be small tears? Do take care with this Bobo.

Also, if you later resume iodine, you should consider a minimum of 200 mcg of selenium to keep proper balance and avoid hyperthyroid symptoms. Keep us posted, it is a troublesome symptom!

Laura said:
Bobo08 said:
I
My main detox symptom seems to be itchy rash. It happens 2 days after every time I tried to go above 4 drops a day and clears a few days afterwards if I stop the iodine. The other thing I notice is bleeding when I have bowel movement. In the past, it happened occasionally when I had too much fiber but it is constant now. My stomach is also rumbling a lot when I lie down.

This bleeding thing is a little concerning for me. I'm thinking the colon might be too inflamed with all the toxins trying to get out. So I'm planning to stop the iodine for a few days and start taking NAC, probiotics and increase the vitamin C to see if it helps. I would appreciate any thought anyone has on this as well.

Well, this IS concerning. It sounds to me like some kind of intestinal/bowel infection or infestation. Is it possible for you to get a colonoscopy and endoscopy?

Yeah, you might want to think about getting that checked out Bobo. In the meantime, you could try some chlorella or spirulina to see if it helps. Both are apparently good at cleansing toxins from the colon.

Ya'll have a look at the new thread I created a minute ago. I've been thinking a lot about different issues that have come up for different people and maybe this is part of the solution and even a way to help detox the stuff that iodine is releasing:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,40637.msg626397.html#msg626397

Gaby said:
Mikel said:
I am taking it for three weeks after meals but I wonder if that does not make it less "absorbable"?

I wouldn't worry about absorption issues. It is one nutrient that should be in food and you can even absorb iodine by smelling it.

Hi !!!
Thank You.

My experience so far is:
1. Taking approx 50mg iodine in Lugol's (10% Lugol solution - taking 1ml of Lugol) had no effect on detox symptoms - I felt fine
2. I had beginning of sinus infection which started to resamble one which took me three years ago to hospital. When it begun I started with Lugol and maybe it was something different but after I flushed my nose and sinuses (as far as I could) with diluted Lugol's and drinking it it made it normal within one day.
3. After one week after we came back from a journey I started to have a sore throat. I was rinsing my throat with Lugol's diluted in water and drinking around 2ml of 10% Lugol's diluted in water. And after one day it was completely gone.
4. After I stopped smoking three months ago I started again as I felt a need for it again. When I dropped it it was due to my concern about my heart. After antibiotic protocol all symptoms and feelings around heart where gone. Now I feel need of smoking again but noticed that it actually brings back some feeling in my left chest area not sure if that is heart maybe something else anyway looks like that I cannot smoke too much.

I drink salty water in the morning and in the evening.
I supplement with magnesium, occasionally with vit C and ALA. Taking probiotics. Selenium. Zinc. Potasium Chloride occasionally.
I see it on my nails. Normally there were always some white spots on them. Now they are gone.
My skin on my forehead was very often reddish and small flakes like dandruff was constantly there. It is gone now.
Bed smell from my mouth was already gone last year and never came back.
My itchy anus area is gone. There is still something but comparing what it was one year ago (for last 19 years) is actually nothing.
So changes are progressing step by step.
When I list them I see that something happened. For sure antibiotics helped a lot with some of them. Looks like iodine is adding to it and maintain the status or improving it. I will see later.

What I noticed that normally I was having "some green things" in my nose. They are gone also. I am not sure about my energy levels as I am generally spending it a lot but I guess comparing last year to present I can stay much longer awake in the evening while I am waking up also much earlier than last year (now 5:30am). My average day extended by approx 1.5 to 2 h which is quite some time.

Thank You!!!

Divide By Zero said:
I used to have a gland that was always swollen behind my right ear. It and another one got inflamed and a bit sore last month. I figured it was because of the bug (flu?) going around (others got sick but this time I didn't!). I don't know if it was the iodine or not but your comment made me remember that the gland has never really went down before. It would just stop hurting.
So, it seems like the iodine helped cleanse/repair the glands!

That's good to hear! :)
I hope mine will also disappear. I also have some others below my jaw which don't hurt but they are there for a long time now.

Good point about the EE not always being able to penetrate emotions. Had we not done EE first to gradually retrain our minds/vagus nerve (second brain), we might have had a hard time dealing with the iodine changes!

Quite possibly.

Persej said:
Divide By Zero said:
I used to have a gland that was always swollen behind my right ear. It and another one got inflamed and a bit sore last month. I figured it was because of the bug (flu?) going around (others got sick but this time I didn't!). I don't know if it was the iodine or not but your comment made me remember that the gland has never really went down before. It would just stop hurting.
So, it seems like the iodine helped cleanse/repair the glands!

That's good to hear! :)
I hope mine will also disappear. I also have some others below my jaw which don't hurt but they are there for a long time now.

Good point about the EE not always being able to penetrate emotions. Had we not done EE first to gradually retrain our minds/vagus nerve (second brain), we might have had a hard time dealing with the iodine changes!

Quite possibly.

Try making a light mixture of DMSO cream and iodine tincture to put on the glands. Don't cover it, just apply a couple times per day.

Laura said:
Try making a light mixture of DMSO cream and iodine tincture to put on the glands. Don't cover it, just apply a couple times per day.

Thank you for your advice Laura, but I don't have a DMSO right now. I will try to order it the next time. Iherb unfortunately doesn't have it and I never ordered from other websites so I don't know what is the situation for ordering to my country.

But my glands don't hurt much for now. And I don't mind having some pains. I just hope that I won't have any problems with my heart. Other things I can handle.

Joe said:
genero81 said:
Yes- scale. It's happening now but in slow motion from our perspective. Everything is being turned over I think, like tilling soil. On a planetary level and on an individual level. It seems to me to be a very interactive process as well. Is The Wave drawing us in? Or are we drawing The Wave in? Unconscious processes are becoming more visible, which increases the potential for learning. That's what I think I'm seeing anyway.

Indeed. That analogy of microbes in a farmer's field that is being tilled is a great one. Consider that, as the tractor approaches, even when it's several meters away - which could be thousands of miles in microbe terms - chunks of debris can fly forward and hit those microbes, upsetting their environment. But even long before that happens, the microbes feel the vibrations of the tractor that is far away, it shakes the ground, disturbs the soil.

genero81 said:
It's becoming harder to try and hide anything on both a personal, as well as a global level.

More than that, there seems to be a desire to reveal things, at least a personal level. The great unveiling!

I think that cleansing (on many scales - from personal to planetary) is one of the functions of the Wave. Many of us seem to expierence emotional and physical cleansing at the moment due to revealed/collected and applied knowledge. A quote from ISOTM comes to mind:

There are periods in the life of humanity, which generally coincide with the beginning of the fall of cultures and civilizations, when the masses irretrievably lose their reason and begin to destroy everything that has been created by centuries and millenniums of culture. Such periods of mass madness, often coinciding with geological cataclysms, climatic changes, and similar phenomena of a planetary character, release a very great quantity of the matter of knowledge. This, in its turn, necessitates the work of collecting this matter of knowledge which would otherwise be lost. Thus the work of collecting scattered matter of knowledge frequently coincides with the beginning of the destruction and fall of cultures and civilizations.

Persej said:
Laura said:

Thank you for your advice Laura, but I don't have a DMSO right now. I will try to order it the next time. Iherb unfortunately doesn't have it and I never ordered from other websites so I don't know what is the situation for ordering to my country.

Persej, you could try here, beside Lugol 5%, they also have DMSO:

_http://lugolova-otopina.com/eshop/home/6-dmso-100ml-dimetil-sulfoksid.html

Mikel said:
1. Taking approx 50mg iodine in Lugol's (10% Lugol solution - taking 1ml of Lugol)

1ml of 10% Lugol's solution is 250mg of iodine, not 50mg.
Maybe you just mistyped something, but what you wrote doesn't add up, and you might be taking a very different dose than you think.

istina said:
Persej, you could try here, beside Lugol 5%, they also have DMSO:

_http://lugolova-otopina.com/eshop/home/6-dmso-100ml-dimetil-sulfoksid.html

Thank you istina. But I'm not sure how would I work with that, because that is not a cream but a liquid.

Laura said:
Bobo08 said:
I
My main detox symptom seems to be itchy rash. It happens 2 days after every time I tried to go above 4 drops a day and clears a few days afterwards if I stop the iodine. The other thing I notice is bleeding when I have bowel movement. In the past, it happened occasionally when I had too much fiber but it is constant now. My stomach is also rumbling a lot when I lie down.

This bleeding thing is a little concerning for me. I'm thinking the colon might be too inflamed with all the toxins trying to get out. So I'm planning to stop the iodine for a few days and start taking NAC, probiotics and increase the vitamin C to see if it helps. I would appreciate any thought anyone has on this as well.

Well, this IS concerning. It sounds to me like some kind of intestinal/bowel infection or infestation. Is it possible for you to get a colonoscopy and endoscopy?

Thanks everyone for your comments. I will start on chlorella as well, which I can get locally. As of now, I have stopped the iodine for 3 days and markedly increased vitamin C for 1 day. The stomach rumbling has mostly stopped. So that might be an encouraging sign.

Laura, I will give it a week to see if it goes away. If not then I'll get a colonoscopy and endoscopy as you advised.

Bobo08 said:
Thanks everyone for your comments. I will start on chlorella as well, which I can get locally. As of now, I have stopped the iodine for 3 days and markedly increased vitamin C for 1 day. The stomach rumbling has mostly stopped. So that might be an encouraging sign.

Laura, I will give it a week to see if it goes away. If not then I'll get a colonoscopy and endoscopy as you advised.

Don't wait longer than that. It sounds like serious IBS no matter what the cause. Maybe eat some instant mashed potatoes in the evenings to soothe the colon.

Mandatory Intellectomy said:
Mikel said:
1. Taking approx 50mg iodine in Lugol's (10% Lugol solution - taking 1ml of Lugol)

1ml of 10% Lugol's solution is 250mg of iodine, not 50mg.
Maybe you just mistyped something, but what you wrote doesn't add up, and you might be taking a very different dose than you think.

Hi Mandatory Intellectomy,
Yeap. I think solution is 5% not 10%, my mistake but see below how I made it:

I will show You how I calculated it:
I made it myself so: 10g of crystalline Iodine + 20 g KI + 200ml of distilled water.

10g = 200ml //:10
1000mg=20ml //:20
50mg = 1ml

Any comments?

Joe said:
genero81 said:
It's becoming harder to try and hide anything on both a personal, as well as a global level.

More than that, there seems to be a desire to reveal things, at least a personal level. The great unveiling!

Feeling this almost unbearably strongly presently.

Back
Top Bottom