Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I've noticed that I had increased heart rate last days and was thinking that it could be due to lack of potassium. I started taking some potassium citrate and it has normalized. My question is: since we have to take a teaspoon of salt every day (besides salt in the food) on this protocol, perhaps potassium should be a part of the protocol? Is maintaining of the so called Sodium-Potassium ratio important for us? Here is an article claiming that we should take twice as much potassium as sodium: http://paleoleap.com/sodium-potassium-paleo/. Any thoughts?

Altair said:
I've noticed that I had increased heart rate last days and was thinking that it could be due to lack of potassium. I started taking some potassium citrate and it has normalized. My question is: since we have to take a teaspoon of salt every day (besides salt in the food) on this protocol, perhaps potassium should be a part of the protocol? Is maintaining of the so called Sodium-Potassium ratio important for us? Here is an article claiming that we should take twice as much potassium as sodium: http://paleoleap.com/sodium-potassium-paleo/. Any thoughts?

:) I mentioned that before in the thread... It's an important factor to keep in mind.

RedFox said:
Bo said:
I am now around 1 month and 14 days on Lugol's with no co-factors except salt in the morning. Only when I feel really down and weak I take vit c. Before sleeping pro-biotics and magnesium.

fwiw I think you should be taking selenium too, as it protects the thyroid and is needed to create/convert thyroid hormones.

Thanks RedFox I will order it then and include it. :)

Had a thought today and thought I'd share it here since it related to iodine but goes into broader areas.

I've started rereading the Wave and have been thinking about the idea of it, the Wave. Because of the way in which the concept has been presented, and the word itself "Wave", I've always thought about it as some kind of instant thing, in the "twinkling of an eye". That may be true at a certain point, but I think that much of what the Cs have said about it suggests that it is a progressive thing, that changes happen progressively. In addition, while it may seem all very lofty, spiritual or cosmic, I think that, by definition, our experience of these changes will have to be very much "3D".

The suggestion is that the Wave is a wave of "hyperkinetic sensate", i.e Feeling. If the approach of such a thing is felt, I suppose it would manifest in different ways, but one of them being feelings and emotions coming up sort of unexpectedly. Other effects might also be an increase in the availability of information/knowledge and those seeking it.

So here's my point. We came across iodine after several other approaches to improve health had been tried. The drive to research involved in these approaches may have been an effect of the 'Wave', including the most recent discovery, iodine. Quite a number of people here have reported vivid dreams, depression now and again, emotions coming up etc. i.e. feeling. So what I'm wondering is, is this the way the effects of the 'Wave' are translating to our 3D reality, through the process of uncovering information, applying it in our lives and experiencing reactions as a result, including getting in touch with our emotions etc?

Solie said:
Altair said:

:) I mentioned that before in the thread... It's an important factor to keep in mind.

Yeah. I've mentioned it a couple of times too. I keep potassium to hand (supplement) and take a 90 mg tablet every few days. It really stops the cramps.

Joe said:
So here's my point. We came across iodine after several other approaches to improve health had been tried. The drive to research involved in these approaches may have been an effect of the 'Wave', including the most recent discovery, iodine. Quite a number of people here have reported vivid dreams, depression now and again, emotions coming up etc. i.e. feeling. So what I'm wondering is, is this the way the effects of the 'Wave' are translating to our 3D reality, through the process of uncovering information, applying it in our lives and experiencing reactions as a result, including getting in touch with our emotions etc?

I think you're on track.

I've been reading and writing on my journal, also realizing that I have a clearer mind throughout the day. I'm more in sync with my dreams and in interactions with people. Even though I can feel pretty hopeless at times, I can stand up and walk again with a wider perspective and renewed hope. After each detox phase, I feel more stable and less anxious. I trust the process is as it should be despite the troubleshooting!

It also reminds me how "STO tends to do the process within the natural flow of things".

Q: (A) Which part of a human extends into 4th density?
A: That which is effected by pituitary gland.
Q: (L) And what is that?
A: Psychic.
Q: (A) Are there some particular DNA sequences that facilitate transmission between densities?
A: Addition of strands.
Q: (L) How do you get added strands?
A: You don't get, you receive.
Q: (L) Where are they received from?
A: Interaction with upcoming wave, if vibration is aligned.
Q: (L) How do you know if this is happening?
A: Psychophysiological changes manifest. [...] STO tends to do the process within the natural flow of things. STS seeks to alter creation processes to fit their ends.

And I'm also re-reading the Wave. I've been so exhausted from so many different things, that I would barely have energy to read anything that will increase my awareness. Now I feel I have the energy to not only read, but also maintain more awareness throughout the day.

As I read other people's posts and experiences, I realize I'm not alone and we are all going through some phase or another.

It has been quite an amazing adventure and I'm glad to be a part of it along with everybody here. :flowers:

My 2 cents!

Joe said:
Had a thought today and thought I'd share it here since it related to iodine but goes into broader areas.

I've started rereading the Wave and have been thinking about the idea of it, the Wave. Because of the way in which the concept has been presented, and the word itself "Wave", I've always thought about it as some kind of instant thing, in the "twinkling of an eye". That may be true at a certain point, but I think that much of what the Cs have said about it suggests that it is a progressive thing, that changes happen progressively. In addition, while it may seem all very lofty, spiritual or cosmic, I think that, by definition, our experience of these changes will have to be very much "3D".

The suggestion is that the Wave is a wave of "hyperkinetic sensate", i.e Feeling. If the approach of such a thing is felt, I suppose it would manifest in different ways, but one of them being feelings and emotions coming up sort of unexpectedly. Other effects might also be an increase in the availability of information/knowledge and those seeking it.

Yes- scale. It's happening now but in slow motion from our perspective. Everything is being turned over I think, like tilling soil. On a planetary level and on an individual level. It seems to me to be a very interactive process as well. Is The Wave drawing us in? Or are we drawing The Wave in? Unconscious processes are becoming more visible, which increases the potential for learning. That's what I think I'm seeing anyway. It's becoming harder to try and hide anything on both a personal, as well as a global level.

genero81 said:
Yes- scale. It's happening now but in slow motion from our perspective. Everything is being turned over I think, like tilling soil. On a planetary level and on an individual level. It seems to me to be a very interactive process as well. Is The Wave drawing us in? Or are we drawing The Wave in? Unconscious processes are becoming more visible, which increases the potential for learning. That's what I think I'm seeing anyway.

Indeed. That analogy of microbes in a farmer's field that is being tilled is a great one. Consider that, as the tractor approaches, even when it's several meters away - which could be thousands of miles in microbe terms - chunks of debris can fly forward and hit those microbes, upsetting their environment. But even long before that happens, the microbes feel the vibrations of the tractor that is far away, it shakes the ground, disturbs the soil.

genero81 said:
It's becoming harder to try and hide anything on both a personal, as well as a global level.

More than that, there seems to be a desire to reveal things, at least a personal level. The great unveiling!

This is my fifth day of restarting the iodine protocol and something is definitely happening.

My head started bleeding again. I have some kind of bleeding acne on my head (mostly on the back). I was using some things that help to improve the condition for some time but never cured the problem. But this morning I woke up with really big flare-up. I was surprised how much it flared in just one night.

Another thing that I noticed during the day is a strange pain in the same area which I never had before, and which hurts when I move my head. And first I thought that maybe I slept in a bad position during the night, but now when I touch it I can feel that my glands on the back of my head are swollen and it is probably them that hurt. Acne hurt when I touch them but this pain is different.

The good news is that I had no more heart problems during the night since I started taking second glass of salt water in the evening. So maybe I will try to increase the dose to 2 drops from Monday to try to kill these critters inside me.

Dreams are very nice again.

Joe said:

Could be. EE was supposed to help us in unblocking our emotions but it seems that many of us had some blocks in us through which even the EE couldn't penetrate. So maybe we finally found a method that will help us, together with EE, in getting in touch with our emotions. And that those two things are both part of the 'Wave' process.

Czesc,

So how is it with Lugol's? Are You taking it before after or with meals?

I am taking it for three weeks after meals but I wonder if that does not make it less "absorbable"?

Thanks for reply.

I have been on the iodine protocol for about 7 weeks now. At first, I took about 50 mg a day (8 drops of Lugol's solution 5%). Then I reduced it to 3 - 4 drops a day and kept it more or less at that level since then. I'm taking salted water, 1 tablet of multi-mineral (which has 60 mcg selenium), 600 mg ALA, 3 g vit C daily as well.

My main detox symptom seems to be itchy rash. It happens 2 days after every time I tried to go above 4 drops a day and clears a few days afterwards if I stop the iodine. The other thing I notice is bleeding when I have bowel movement. In the past, it happened occasionally when I had too much fiber but it is constant now. My stomach is also rumbling a lot when I lie down.

This bleeding thing is a little concerning for me. I'm thinking the colon might be too inflamed with all the toxins trying to get out. So I'm planning to stop the iodine for a few days and start taking NAC, probiotics and increase the vitamin C to see if it helps. I would appreciate any thought anyone has on this as well.

My energy level did increase in the beginning, but it has gone back to the previous level now. I also have more dreams, more sensitive emotions including a bit of depression, which I'm trying to keep in check. It seems to be in line with what many people are reporting here.

Bobo08 said:
I
My main detox symptom seems to be itchy rash. It happens 2 days after every time I tried to go above 4 drops a day and clears a few days afterwards if I stop the iodine. The other thing I notice is bleeding when I have bowel movement. In the past, it happened occasionally when I had too much fiber but it is constant now. My stomach is also rumbling a lot when I lie down.

This bleeding thing is a little concerning for me. I'm thinking the colon might be too inflamed with all the toxins trying to get out. So I'm planning to stop the iodine for a few days and start taking NAC, probiotics and increase the vitamin C to see if it helps. I would appreciate any thought anyone has on this as well.

Well, this IS concerning. It sounds to me like some kind of intestinal/bowel infection or infestation. Is it possible for you to get a colonoscopy and endoscopy?

Bobo08 said:

I would get checked by a doc and get the stools examined to see if something shows up. Other tests will probably be indicated, specially if the bleeding persists.

Mikel said:
I am taking it for three weeks after meals but I wonder if that does not make it less "absorbable"?

I wouldn't worry about absorption issues. It is one nutrient that should be in food and you can even absorb iodine by smelling it.

Persej said:
This is my fifth day of restarting the iodine protocol and something is definitely happening.

My head started bleeding again. I have some kind of bleeding acne on my head (mostly on the back). I was using some things that help to improve the condition for some time but never cured the problem. But this morning I woke up with really big flare-up. I was surprised how much it flared in just one night.

Another thing that I noticed during the day is a strange pain in the same area which I never had before, and which hurts when I move my head. And first I thought that maybe I slept in a bad position during the night, but now when I touch it I can feel that my glands on the back of my head are swollen and it is probably them that hurt. Acne hurt when I touch them but this pain is different.

The good news is that I had no more heart problems during the night since I started taking second glass of salt water in the evening. So maybe I will try to increase the dose to 2 drops from Monday to try to kill these critters inside me.

<SNIP>
Dreams are very nice again. Could be. EE was supposed to help us in unblocking our emotions but it seems that many of us had some blocks in us through which even the EE couldn't penetrate. So maybe we finally found a method that will help us, together with EE, in getting in touch with our emotions. And that those two things are both part of the 'Wave' process.

I used to have a gland that was always swollen behind my right ear. It and another one got inflamed and a bit sore last month. I figured it was because of the bug (flu?) going around (others got sick but this time I didn't!). I don't know if it was the iodine or not but your comment made me remember that the gland has never really went down before. It would just stop hurting.
So, it seems like the iodine helped cleanse/repair the glands!

Good point about the EE not always being able to penetrate emotions. Had we not done EE first to gradually retrain our minds/vagus nerve (second brain), we might have had a hard time dealing with the iodine changes!

Back
Top Bottom