Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Z said:
So it seems I have hit the lowest point ( I hope it is the lowest because this feels pretty awful).

After I developed persistent sore throat as mentioned before I decided to increase the dose to 10 mg. The sore throat got a bit better although not completely but I got symptoms of nasal congestion, not fully blown cold but pretty annoying. I can live with that. What bothers me the most is that my energy level or 'joie de vivre' plummeted. I am waddling through the day on some sort of automatic pilot. To make it worse I am in the middle of important course and I find it extremely difficult to focus which creates extra pressure. Mentally I am experiencing something similar to what 'Awapuhi described although on much smaller scale.
The scariest part was when I wanted to say 'towel' and I said 'tail' :(

I stopped Iodine and focusing on detox. I found that Epsom salt bath really helps to calm the mind.

I`m sorry to hear that. You have done right about stopping iodine until your condition improves. Now in that condition its most important to help your body to detoxify. Dont forget the salted water. It can help a lot with bromine detox. Take plenty VitC, support you liver and have a faith in this journey. Its a hard, but it must be done. Stay up to date with this thread and you will be better. Take care. :hug2:

Hi guys, so far so good with the Iodine! I reduced my drops to 2/3 of 12% and the sore throats/ illnesses have come to a halt.
The only thing I seem to be struggling with is my increased craving for sugar, Iodine doesn't seem to help with that at all. I was taking a lot of L-tyrosine and that helps sometimes. This craving for sugar has turned into somewhat of an addiction, I'm actually considering Candida to be one of the main causes now. Although I've done plenty of protocols for that, and stayed away from sugar numerous times, it definitely seems to be back.

Z said:
So it seems I have hit the lowest point ( I hope it is the lowest because this feels pretty awful).

After I developed persistent sore throat as mentioned before I decided to increase the dose to 10 mg. The sore throat got a bit better although not completely but I got symptoms of nasal congestion, not fully blown cold but pretty annoying. I can live with that. What bothers me the most is that my energy level or 'joie de vivre' plummeted. I am waddling through the day on some sort of automatic pilot. To make it worse I am in the middle of important course and I find it extremely difficult to focus which creates extra pressure. Mentally I am experiencing something similar to what 'Awapuhi described although on much smaller scale.
The scariest part was when I wanted to say 'towel' and I said 'tail' :(

I stopped Iodine and focusing on detox. I found that Epsom salt bath really helps to calm the mind.

When I took high doses of iodine I had such symptoms similar to yours and Awapuhi, I could not concentrate, I knew what I wanted to say, but I could not express it exactly or I could not find the right term or name, or I forgot in midsentence what I wanted to say, I could not properly add up two single-digit number or could write a few sentences.. I was not even sure if I took a second dose of iodine and supplements so I kept notes when I was taking those and I checked in every note etc. Sometimes I barely functioned and I had to lie down. All that I have put under symptoms of "brain fog" and normally would have passed in a few hours or next day. I took salted water, vit C, milk thistle, ALA, magnesium or so, and it had helped.
Now when I'm on a low dose, just sometimes I feel something similar but almost imperceptible and then an additional salted water helps.

Lilyalic said:
Hi guys, so far so good with the Iodine! I reduced my drops to 2/3 of 12% and the sore throats/ illnesses have come to a halt.
The only thing I seem to be struggling with is my increased craving for sugar, Iodine doesn't seem to help with that at all. I was taking a lot of L-tyrosine and that helps sometimes. This craving for sugar has turned into somewhat of an addiction, I'm actually considering Candida to be one of the main causes now. Although I've done plenty of protocols for that, and stayed away from sugar numerous times, it definitely seems to be back.

It could be that the iodine is activating or energizing the candida or similar sugar-loving yeasts/fungus, or maybe they're 'fighting back' by making you crave sugars. Stop up your ears! Hold firm! Eat a fresh clove of garlic every day!

‌http://www.sott.net/article/311518-7-good-reasons-to-chow-down-on-garlic

Konstantin said:
I`m sorry to hear that. You have done right about stopping iodine until your condition improves. Now in that condition its most important to help your body to detoxify. Dont forget the salted water. It can help a lot with bromine detox. Take plenty VitC, support you liver and have a faith in this journey. Its a hard, but it must be done. Stay up to date with this thread and you will be better. Take care. :hug2:

Thank you for your support - upwards and onwards

Thank you istina for sharing your experience, these 'mental' symptoms are usually the most scary ones for a control freak like me.

In addition I also noticed that last few days I have a slight problem with coordination/depth perception, I have butter fingers all the time and for me this is very unusual, I am also bumping into things more :(

Joe said:
Lilyalic said:

It could be that the iodine is activating or energizing the candida or similar sugar-loving yeasts/fungus, or maybe they're 'fighting back' by making you crave sugars. Stop up your ears! Hold firm! Eat a fresh clove of garlic every day!

I'm guessing garlic has done something for you Joe since you have recommended it a few times. Do you think it is as effective cooked as raw?
It might be negligible, just there is info out there about the theraputic aspects being diminished after cooking
e.g. http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/health-benefits-raw-garlic-vs-cooked-garlic-6010.html

Crushing garlic releases an enzyme, called alliinase, that causes the formation of allicin. Allicin then breaks down to form the beneficial organosulfur compounds. However, the heat from cooking can inactivate alliinase. Researchers have found that crushing garlic and letting it stand for 10 minutes before cooking allows time for alliinase to work before heat inactivates it. So, the next time you’re making something with garlic, crush it first and add it to the dish toward the end of the cooking time.
(The allicin, and ajoene compounds, are supposedly what do the anti-microbial stuff.)

As for other candida treatments, I still have a fair bit of nystatin unused among other things, so I may add them in, as I still get candida symptoms and also sugar cravings.

Thank you for your support - upwards and onwards

Thank you istina for sharing your experience, these 'mental' symptoms are usually the most scary ones for a control freak like me.

In addition I also noticed that last few days I have a slight problem with coordination/depth perception, I have butter fingers all the time and for me this is very unusual, I am also bumping into things more :(

Just keep going Z, I hope you feel better soon. The ups and downs are very much amplified by the iodine, so don't lose heart when you are in a 'down'. How have you been sleeping?

Joe said:
Lilyalic said:

My granddad swore by it, he'd swallow a clove everyday, but my mum would say that it can give you smelly burps :D Also, i found for about 2 weeks i had weird cravings for more sweet stuff so i'd permit an extra square of choc - i have to say it didn't totally hit the spot but it was sufficient - it did subside though and i'm back to being able to skip 'dessert', usually 2 squares of 70%+.

Z said:

Ataxia-like symptoms could be mercury detox, so trying DMSA sounds like a good idea. :flowers:

Carl said:
I'm guessing garlic has done something for you Joe since you have recommended it a few times. Do you think it is as effective cooked as raw?
It might be negligible, just there is info out there about the theraputic aspects being diminished after cooking
e.g. http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/health-benefits-raw-garlic-vs-cooked-garlic-6010.html

Well it's still in process but I've always thought well of garlic and have been reading up on its benefits recently. I'm pretty sure it has to be taken uncooked.

Couple of pertinent references to it from the sessions below:

A: Fluoride is toxic, and deposits in fatty tissues, and lymph system. Aside from the obvious possible negative consequences, it can make one more susceptible to electromagnetic wave frequencies that are designed to make one open to mind alteration!

Q: (Laura) Okay. You have my undivided attention. How does he get the fluoride out of his system?

A: Recommend daily ingestion of Goldenseal root, as well as vinegar and garlic in moderation, along with up to an hour per every two days of light aerobic exercise.

Q: (L) Alright. Now I want to ask about this Art of Living course a bit more. Craig has sent us his requirements which are to not eat garlic and to not smoke for the duration of the course. Are those ideas advisable for us?

A: No. Not smoking and avoidance of garlic are directly related to mind programming systems. Consider the culture and religious context of the system.

Q: (Andromeda) Is garlic bad for me?

A: No!!!!!!!

Note the SEVEN exclamation marks in the above! They were serious! :D

Joe said:
Well it's still in process but I've always thought well of garlic and have been reading up on its benefits recently. I'm pretty sure it has to be taken uncooked.

Couple of pertinent references to it from the sessions below:

Well that's enough for it go into my good books for now :).

Also regarding candida, if I recall correctly there was discussion earlier in this thread and on some external sources, the gist being that, from the body's perspective, allowing yeast infections to proliferate is actually a beneficial mechanism in order to soak up and lock in heavy metals and other toxins that are floating around, kind of like a "lesser of two evils" approach.

So try to get it at least under control by stopping eating sugar, gut inflaming foods and also staying out of prolonged ketosis for a while.

After that, considering the above, maybe treating heavy metal burden with DMSA is actually higher on the priority list than getting rid of the yeast. Theoretically, either this would signal the body to start letting go of the candida overgrowth, or you would have to add anti-fungals and run DMSA intermittently in order to grab the extra metals that are released. Not a joyful prospect to say the least, but it makes a lot of sense.

Anecdotally my candida signs/symptoms are not as bad as they were last year, and the only thing I have done since then is start the iodine protocol and do a few rounds of DMSA on weekends.

itellsya said:
Joe said:
Lilyalic said:

My granddad swore by it, he'd swallow a clove everyday, but my mum would say that it can give you smelly burps :D Also, i found for about 2 weeks i had weird cravings for more sweet stuff so i'd permit an extra square of choc - i have to say it didn't totally hit the spot but it was sufficient - it did subside though and i'm back to being able to skip 'dessert', usually 2 squares of 70%+.

I wouldn't be surprised if the critters put up a fight, lol.... It's a good thing I wouldn't actually have to chew the garlic, swallowing it whole seems like a much better choice!

Lilyalic said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the critters put up a fight, lol.... It's a good thing I wouldn't actually have to chew the garlic, swallowing it whole seems like a much better choice!

There's always garlic butter! But chopping up a raw clove and eating a bit with each bite of a meal is no problem.

Carl said:
Just keep going Z, I hope you feel better soon. The ups and downs are very much amplified by the iodine, so don't lose heart when you are in a 'down'. How have you been sleeping?

Luckily very good, although lately I dont have that well rested feeling when I wake up that i use to have before.
Thanks Carl, I will definitely not lose heart and will persist. I even have a theme song ;)
https://soundcloud.com/space-flakes/cyberdesign-space-flakes-we-1

I muscle tested for 6 drops of 10% iodine with (co-factors and salt water and vitamin C)and worked my way up to it after days of taking only 2-3 drops with no side effects. On the second day of six drops I developed a head cold, fatigue, water retention and a pounding headache. Betrayed by my meatsack once again!! :lol: I'm taking some days off until I feel better and will return to no more than 4 drops daily 5days a week.

Joe said:
Just had an idea. How many here are likely to use these guys for the test soon? Maybe I can email my contact person there and ask for a reduction for referrals.

I might be interested in this too, depending on cost. Going to talk with my functional doc today and see what she charges to order this kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom