Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Gaby said:
That is a fairly low dose, but perhaps the iodine mobilized a lot of heavy metals. I would try DMSA 200mg every two days or twice per week. That way you could navigate the detox better.

It is a very well tolerated dose and heavy metals will still be chelated. Perhaps more slower, but sometimes it is better to do it slowly but surely.

Thanks Gaby I'll give that a try when I'm feeling better.

Gaby said:
Nancy2feathers said:
In what form are you taking the Cilantro?

It's a Cilantro/Chlorella glycerin tincture.

Here are some suggestions from The Klinghardt Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol:

http://customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/9steps.htm

Cilantro (Chinese Parsley)

This kitchen herb is capable of mobilizing mercury, cadmium, lead and aluminum in both bones and the central nervous system. It is probably the only effective agent in mobilizing mercury stored in the intracellular space (attached to mitochondria, tubulin, liposomes etc) and in the nucleus of the cell (reversing DNA damage of mercury). Because cilantro mobilizes more toxins then it can carry out of the body, it may flood the connective tissue (where the nerves reside) with metals, that were previously stored in safer hiding places.

This process is called re-toxification. It can easily be avoided by simultaneously giving an intestinal toxin-absorbing agent. Our definite choice is the algal organism chlorella. A recent animal study demonstrated rapid removal of aluminum from the skeleton superior to any known other detox agent.

Dosage and application of cilantro tincture: give 2 drops 2 times per day in the beginning, taken just before a meal or 30 minutes after taking chlorella (cilantro causes the gallbladder to dump bile — containing the excreted neurotoxins — into the small intestine. The bile-release occurs naturally as we are eating and is much enhanced by cilantro. If no chlorella is taken, most neurotoxins are reabsorbed on the way down the small intestine by the abundant nerve endings of the enteric nervous system). Gradually increase dose to 10 drops 3 times/day for full benefit. During the initial phase of the detox cilantro should be given 1 week on, 2–3 weeks off.

Other ways of taking cilantro: rub 5 drops twice/day into ankles for mobilization of metals in all organs, joints and structures below the diaphragm, and into the wrists for organs, joints and structures above the diaphragm. The wrists have dense autonomic innervation (axonal uptake of cilantro) and are crossed by the main lymphatic channels (lymphatic uptake).

Lots of good info in the article above. It says that, "This lecture was presented by Dietrich Klinghardt M.D., Ph.D. at the Jean Piaget Department at the University of Geneva, Switzerland Oct. 2002 to physicians and dentists from Europe, Israel, several Arab countries and Asia." :)

Thanks Gaby, for the info. I'll start out slow as it says above 2 drops 2x per day of the cilantro/chlorella tincture in the beginning. Do you think I should take a chlorella tablet 30 minutes before hand (as states in the article above) or is there enough chlorella in the combo tincture? Maybe I should get a simple tincture of cilantro and take chlorella separately?

Just a note about chlorella, it is loaded with iron, so for men and post menopausal women, monitoring ferritin is a good idea. Taking vitamin c along with this regimen can increase the amount of iron overload if you tend toward that. I think slow and steady is the best approach and plenty of reading to avoid any pitfalls.

This is probably not relevant to most here but on the off chance someone out there is considering using doses higher than 1g to treat serious infections i thought i should share my experience trying to do so for Lymes disease.

I maintained 6g for almost 4 weeks, it was definitely killing a lot of critters as I had a lot of pretty bad headaches, fatigue increased,cognitive function declined, sore joints in hands/feet, alternating diarrhea/constipation. But the detox became too much for the liver and I started to feel my thyroid, in hindsight I misinterpreted a dream warning me to stop and probably went for one week to long .

I don't think there's any need/benefit in going over 1g, it wasn't that I had an overly bad reaction as some have had at much lower doses. Its more that I don't think such a high dose can be sustained long enough to remove serious chronic infections, there are certainly no further anti inflammatory effects which I was hoping for.

Unfortunately I was never able to get rid of all the inflammation I have at any point, my memory is still very bad (possibly due to detox/die-off) and no change to swollen abdomen, but there's no doubt a lot less critters in me.

So I'm trying to find the minimum amount of iodine I'm comfortable on and cycle though various antimicrobials.

I should mention that I think I've achieved more in the nearly 3 months I've been on iodine than the preceding 12 months. Practically everyday for the last 5 years I've been dealing with emotional upheaval and going over past traumas all of that seems to be resolving itself now. Best of all I finally feel as if I've overcome the repressed anger issues that I've been working through for the last two years and day to day things that would anger me in the past no longer bother me. Oh and I was able to have a steak for the first time in years it was amazing!

Please in no way take the above as a suggestion to take such high doses everyone has different needs and if you dont have any infections you wont even need to consider what I've posted. Make sure to read the entire thread before trying anything.

Nancy2feathers said:
Thanks Gaby, for the info. I'll start out slow as it says above 2 drops 2x per day of the cilantro/chlorella tincture in the beginning. Do you think I should take a chlorella tablet 30 minutes before hand (as states in the article above) or is there enough chlorella in the combo tincture? Maybe I should get a simple tincture of cilantro and take chlorella separately?

I would take the chlorella tablet if already available, otherwise the tincture should be good since it has already both in one.

I'm all for economizing :)

Yesterday I tried following a fairly low dose of morning nystatin with doing a day round DMSA (700mg spread between 10:30 and 13:00).

The results were that I felt anxious and shakey for a few hours. More than that, it really stirred something up, like I could feel my mood and personality changing constantly in real time, back and forth between positive and negative, fearful and hopeful, angry and kind of sad. This also lasted a few hours.

Later in the day I started feeling pretty brain-dead and struggled to focus on anything, but yet I didn't feel sleepy so stayed up late kind of being a zombie on the laptop, took half an hour to read Niall/Bahar's new SOTT article, then scrolled facebook before finally deciding that I should force myself to go to bed and hopefully tomorrow would be better. I had already re mineralized with magnesium, potassium, zinc, salt water and trace minerals between 18:00 - 20:00.

Well I woke up today with strong inflammation including flu symptoms of sore throat and runny nose, and I think it is certainly related. The only other thing was yesterday I ate some cashew butter and instant mashed potato. It feels a lot like a standard cold/flu virus, and maybe I have awoken something latent.

Since this seems to be pretty rough and debilitating, I have ordered a cilantro tincture and will combine a low dose with the clorella - see if I can get the job done without totally putting myself out of action.

Sheesh, that was grueling kawika. And sorry to hear you're going through all that, Carl. Hope you both feel much better soon. :hug2: :)

kawika said:
Joe said:
That's pretty rough kawika! How much DMSA did you take?

I took 200mg for 3 days, wasn't expecting that kind of reaction! I did a heavy metal detox about 3 years ago and I thought I got a lot of the HM out, guess I was wrong.

200mg 3 times a day? Or once? That really is a low dose. Baker recommends it for a child of 40lbs. Anyway, I think you'll be feeling better pretty soon. :hug2:

Maybe get your base HMs tested with the urine test and take it from there?

SeekinTruth said:
Sheesh, that was grueling kawika. And sorry to hear you're going through all that, Carl. Hope you both feel much better soon. :hug2: :)

Another :hug: from me too, Kawika and Carl, speedy recovery to you both!

I thought that maybe I should share my own experience with DMSA, since it is so frequently discussed here. I started DMSA protocol in late October and had 3 rounds of it: 3 days of DMSA followed by 11 days of remineralisation. I was taking 500 mg of DMSA daily (200 mg in the morning, 200 in the afternoon and 100 in the evening). That was a high enough dose for me I think, since my weight is quite low.

Along with DMSA I was taking ALA (from the very beginning of DMSA protocol), vitamin C, zinc, selenium, taurine, NAC, vitamins E, B6, fish oil, magnesium, spirulina and probiotics.

I have no amalgams (used to have a small one, but it was removed more than a decade ago).

I didn't have any particular side effects from this six weeks' protocol except for feeling a bit nauseous on DMSA days because this stuff is quite yucky in itself. Some brain fog and tiredness too.

After I finished my DMSA protocol and before starting Lugol's protocol, I decided to also try a "garlic protocol". That was where all my symptoms arrived big time! I must confess that I'm not a big fan of raw garlic. Actually I never used to have it raw because of its... very special flavor. :cry:

But after DMSA which cost me a fortune and didn't bring any particular changes (or so I thought), I decided "Why not try simple garlic for free from my own garden?". So I started eating one clove per day. After a week of such garlic therapy, I felt an explicit metal taste in my mouth. After another couple of days my gallbladder started aching and I started feeling very nauseous. I visited my doctor and made all tests and ultrasounds, but they couldn't find anything except for inflammation markers in my blood. Anyway, as I stopped taking garlic and started taking milk thistle instead, soon all those symptoms were gone.

So that was my DMSA (and garlic) experience.

As for Lugol's, I still continue with 10 drops of 2% daily. No particular side effects ATM, except for emotional sensitivity.

Thank you all for your updates! :flowers:

Siberia said:
But after DMSA which cost me a fortune and didn't bring any particular changes (or so I thought), I decided "Why not try simple garlic for free from my own garden?". So I started eating one clove per day. After a week of such garlic therapy, I felt an explicit metal taste in my mouth. After another couple of days my gallbladder started aching and I started feeling very nauseous. I visited my doctor and made all tests and ultrasounds, but they couldn't find anything except for inflammation markers in my blood. Anyway, as I stopped taking garlic and started taking milk thistle instead, soon all those symptoms were gone.

Interesting Siberia. So what do you think was going on with the garlic?

Joe said:
Siberia said:

Interesting Siberia. So what do you think was going on with the garlic?

I don't know. But since DMSA is supposed to remove mercury, while garlic is primarily efficient for lead removal (if I'm not mistaken), perhaps my problem was lead and not mercury?

By the way, I've started with garlic again yesterday, will see how it goes this time (after more than two months of Lugol's).

Joe said:
200mg 3 times a day? Or once? That really is a low dose. Baker recommends it for a child of 40lbs. Anyway, I think you'll be feeling better pretty soon. :hug2:

Sorry for not being more clear, I was taking 200mg once a day for three days in a row, not sure why I had such a reaction with such a low dose maybe it was like Gaby pointed out that the iodine mobilized the HM. I grew up in a mining town that was a toxic wasteland, the first 20 yrs of my life I was breathing mine tailings, when the wind blew the tailings were thick as fog. I could be full of toxic HM, I think a urine test would be a good idea. :headbanger:

kawika said:
Joe said:

Sorry for not being more clear, I was taking 200mg once a day for three days in a row, not sure why I had such a reaction with such a low dose maybe it was like Gaby pointed out that the iodine mobilized the HM. I grew up in a mining town that was a toxic wasteland, the first 20 yrs of my life I was breathing mine tailings, when the wind blew the tailings were thick as fog. I could be full of toxic HM, I think a urine test would be a good idea. :headbanger:

Yeah, it sure sounds like a HM toxicity reaction, maybe your immune system went a bit kaflooey when it was faced with having to dump a lot of HMs etc. that had been mobilized by iodine. First order of business would be to check HM load in urine. Just a baseline with no chelation would probably reveal a lot.

Nancy2feathers said:
Gaby said:
Nancy2feathers said:
In what form are you taking the Cilantro?

It's a Cilantro/Chlorella glycerin tincture.

Here are some suggestions from The Klinghardt Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol:

http://customers.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/9steps.htm

Cilantro (Chinese Parsley)

This kitchen herb is capable of mobilizing mercury, cadmium, lead and aluminum in both bones and the central nervous system. It is probably the only effective agent in mobilizing mercury stored in the intracellular space (attached to mitochondria, tubulin, liposomes etc) and in the nucleus of the cell (reversing DNA damage of mercury). Because cilantro mobilizes more toxins then it can carry out of the body, it may flood the connective tissue (where the nerves reside) with metals, that were previously stored in safer hiding places.

This process is called re-toxification. It can easily be avoided by simultaneously giving an intestinal toxin-absorbing agent. Our definite choice is the algal organism chlorella. A recent animal study demonstrated rapid removal of aluminum from the skeleton superior to any known other detox agent.

Dosage and application of cilantro tincture: give 2 drops 2 times per day in the beginning, taken just before a meal or 30 minutes after taking chlorella (cilantro causes the gallbladder to dump bile — containing the excreted neurotoxins — into the small intestine. The bile-release occurs naturally as we are eating and is much enhanced by cilantro. If no chlorella is taken, most neurotoxins are reabsorbed on the way down the small intestine by the abundant nerve endings of the enteric nervous system). Gradually increase dose to 10 drops 3 times/day for full benefit. During the initial phase of the detox cilantro should be given 1 week on, 2–3 weeks off.

Other ways of taking cilantro: rub 5 drops twice/day into ankles for mobilization of metals in all organs, joints and structures below the diaphragm, and into the wrists for organs, joints and structures above the diaphragm. The wrists have dense autonomic innervation (axonal uptake of cilantro) and are crossed by the main lymphatic channels (lymphatic uptake).

Lots of good info in the article above. It says that, "This lecture was presented by Dietrich Klinghardt M.D., Ph.D. at the Jean Piaget Department at the University of Geneva, Switzerland Oct. 2002 to physicians and dentists from Europe, Israel, several Arab countries and Asia." :)

How much Chlorella does it say it contains in the droplets? From the same article they recommend this amount of Chlorella.

Dosage: start with 1 gram ( = 4 tab.) 3–4 times/day. This is the standard maintenance dosage for grown ups for the 6–24 months of active detox. During the more active phase of the detox (every 2–4 weeks for 1 week), whenever cilantro is given, the dose can be increased to 3 grams 3–4 times per day (1 week on, 2–4 weeks back down to the maintenance dosage). Take 30 minutes before the main meals and at bedtime. This way chlorella is exactly in that portion of the small intestine where the bile squirts into the gut at the beginning of the meal, carrying with it toxic metals and other toxic waste. These are bound by the chlorella cell wall and carried out via the digestive tract.

The tablets I have are 500mg each, and the bottle recommends taking 5 a day, which is only 2500mg. So if you go by their numbers for detoxing, the active phase would require taking 18-24 tablets a day in order to get the right amount of binding to metals.

Side effects: most side effects reflect the toxic effect of the mobilized metals, which are shuttled through the organism. This problem is instantly avoided by significantly increasing the chlorella dosage, not by reducing it, which would worsen the problem (small chlorella doses mobilize more metals than are bound in the gut, large chlorella doses bind more toxins than are mobilized).

I wish you Carl and Kawika , speedy and easy recovery to both of you. It hard and brutal . Take it easy :hug2:

After a one week that my pancreas problem started , now its all over. I feel totally fine. I`m back on a full keto diet from 2 days ago and everything seems fine.
I can say that all that was some kind of detox reaction. I`m still off iodine and i plan to be like that until end of this months when i scheduled another blood test so i can see my TSH levels.
After that i must find some way to supplement myself with iodine but in the same time to avoid such a reactions. And i haven't done any heavy metal detox in my whole life and i`m sure that i must do it. One step at a time. I`ll wait for the next blood-test first and then decide what to do.

Back
Top Bottom