Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Turgon said:
How much Chlorella does it say it contains in the droplets? From the same article they recommend this amount of Chlorella.

Dosage: start with 1 gram ( = 4 tab.) 3–4 times/day. This is the standard maintenance dosage for grown ups for the 6–24 months of active detox. During the more active phase of the detox (every 2–4 weeks for 1 week), whenever cilantro is given, the dose can be increased to 3 grams 3–4 times per day (1 week on, 2–4 weeks back down to the maintenance dosage). Take 30 minutes before the main meals and at bedtime. This way chlorella is exactly in that portion of the small intestine where the bile squirts into the gut at the beginning of the meal, carrying with it toxic metals and other toxic waste. These are bound by the chlorella cell wall and carried out via the digestive tract.

The tablets I have are 500mg each, and the bottle recommends taking 5 a day, which is only 2500mg. So if you go by their numbers for detoxing, the active phase would require taking 18-24 tablets a day in order to get the right amount of binding to metals.

Side effects: most side effects reflect the toxic effect of the mobilized metals, which are shuttled through the organism. This problem is instantly avoided by significantly increasing the chlorella dosage, not by reducing it, which would worsen the problem (small chlorella doses mobilize more metals than are bound in the gut, large chlorella doses bind more toxins than are mobilized).

I think the best and most efficient way to take enough chlorella or spirulina to get good effects is to just use the powdered form and take it by the tablespoon in water.

http://www.amazon.com/Starwest-Botanicals-Organic-Spirulina-1-pound/dp/B003AYEHMK/ref=sr_1_2

http://www.amazon.com/NuSci-Organic-Spirulina-Powder-Non-Irradiated/dp/B004ICVEQK/ref=sr_1_4

http://www.amazon.com/Chlorella-Powder-Broken-Sixteen-Ounces/dp/B005ZIXWF2/ref=sr_1_13

No point in messing around and taking stuff that isn't going to do the job.

Konstantin said:
I wish you Carl and Kawika , speedy and easy recovery to both of you. It hard and brutal . Take it easy :hug2:

After a one week that my pancreas problem started , now its all over. I feel totally fine. I`m back on a full keto diet from 2 days ago and everything seems fine.
I can say that all that was some kind of detox reaction. I`m still off iodine and i plan to be like that until end of this months when i scheduled another blood test so i can see my TSH levels.
After that i must find some way to supplement myself with iodine but in the same time to avoid such a reactions. And i haven't done any heavy metal detox in my whole life and i`m sure that i must do it. One step at a time. I`ll wait for the next blood-test first and then decide what to do.

Very good news! I was worrying about you.

Perhaps you could just do the spirulina/chlorella detox? Get some bags of it and take a tablespoon in water once a day?

Back in the early/mid 90s, I was doing that and I must have consumed about 20 pounds/10 kilos all by myself. I think that may be why I haven't had much reaction to the iodine. I've already done a bunch of detoxing.

Laura said:
Konstantin said:
I wish you Carl and Kawika , speedy and easy recovery to both of you. It hard and brutal . Take it easy :hug2:

After a one week that my pancreas problem started , now its all over. I feel totally fine. I`m back on a full keto diet from 2 days ago and everything seems fine.
I can say that all that was some kind of detox reaction. I`m still off iodine and i plan to be like that until end of this months when i scheduled another blood test so i can see my TSH levels.
After that i must find some way to supplement myself with iodine but in the same time to avoid such a reactions. And i haven't done any heavy metal detox in my whole life and i`m sure that i must do it. One step at a time. I`ll wait for the next blood-test first and then decide what to do.

Very good news! I was worrying about you.

Perhaps you could just do the spirulina/chlorella detox? Get some bags of it and take a tablespoon in water once a day?

Back in the early/mid 90s, I was doing that and I must have consumed about 20 pounds/10 kilos all by myself. I think that may be why I haven't had much reaction to the iodine. I've already done a bunch of detoxing.

Yes i was thinking about that. Maybe the best thing will be to do spirulina/ Chlorella / cilantro detox for a some time, and then find some gentle way to supplement with iodine and see how will my body react. I must find a good local source of that or to find in local stores, since the amazon delivery to Macedonia cost much more then the suplements. Iherb is a good source for a start.

I can get this one
_http://www.iherb.com/Planetary-Herbals-Cilantro-Heavy-Metal-Detox-4-fl-oz-118-28-ml/20830

It contains cilantro and chlorella

Thank you Laura. :)

Konstantin said:
Yes i was thinking about that. Maybe the best thing will be to do spirulina/ Chlorella / cilantro detox for a some time, and then find some gentle way to supplement with iodine and see how will my body react. I must find a good local source of that or to find in local stores, since the amazon delivery to Macedonia cost much more then the suplements. Iherb is a good source for a start.

I can get this one
_http://www.iherb.com/Planetary-Herbals-Cilantro-Heavy-Metal-Detox-4-fl-oz-118-28-ml/20830

Well, if necessary, one of us/someone can get it from a good source and mail it to you.

ADDED: Looks like we can get a kilo here for under 30 euros:
http://www.amazon.fr/Sevenhills-Wholefoods-Poudre-Spiruline-Bio/dp/B00M422ZZ0/ref=sr_1_25

Chlorella for under 40 E.
http://www.amazon.fr/Sevenhills-Wholefoods-Poudre-Chlorelle-Bio/dp/B00M4247E2/ref=pd_bxgy_121_2

I don't think it would cost an arm and a leg to mail it.

Laura said:
Konstantin said:

I can get this one

Well, if necessary, one of us/someone can get it from a good source and mail it to you.

ADDED: Looks like we can get a kilo here for under 30 euros:
http://www.amazon.fr/Sevenhills-Wholefoods-Poudre-Spiruline-Bio/dp/B00M422ZZ0/ref=sr_1_25

Chlorella for under 40 E.
http://www.amazon.fr/Sevenhills-Wholefoods-Poudre-Chlorelle-Bio/dp/B00M4247E2/ref=pd_bxgy_121_2

I don't think it would cost an arm and a leg to mail it.

I never thought about ordering from France amazon site or some other in Europe. I Always looked for prices from US amazon site. It must be cheaper this way. I`ll try to find delivery prices later. And i`ll search in local stores first and see if i can find something.

Thank you

Joe said:
kawika said:
Joe said:
200mg 3 times a day? Or once? That really is a low dose. Baker recommends it for a child of 40lbs. Anyway, I think you'll be feeling better pretty soon. :hug2:
Maybe get your base HMs tested with the urine test and take it from there?

Sorry for not being more clear, I was taking 200mg once a day for three days in a row, not sure why I had such a reaction with such a low dose maybe it was like Gaby pointed out that the iodine mobilized the HM. I grew up in a mining town that was a toxic wasteland, the first 20 yrs of my life I was breathing mine tailings, when the wind blew the tailings were thick as fog. I could be full of toxic HM, I think a urine test would be a good idea. :headbanger:

Yeah, it sure sounds like a HM toxicity reaction, maybe your immune system went a bit kaflooey when it was faced with having to dump a lot of HMs etc. that had been mobilized by iodine. First order of business would be to check HM load in urine. Just a baseline with no chelation would probably reveal a lot.

At that low a dose, could it be a mineral deficiency that's being aggravated by the DMSA?
Kawika, do you have access to iron free trace minerals?

Lilou said:
Just a note about chlorella, it is loaded with iron, so for men and post menopausal women, monitoring ferritin is a good idea. Taking vitamin c along with this regimen can increase the amount of iron overload if you tend toward that. I think slow and steady is the best approach and plenty of reading to avoid any pitfalls.

Perhaps take it with a cup of tea or even the iodine to block iron absorption?

I'm a little late to the party it seems, but better than never! I don’t have any particular or acute issues, though I have messed up my diet quite a bit recently with daily refined sugar, and occasional dairy and vegetable oils (in chips), so I suspect I’ll have to up to antimicrobial levels iodine at some point.Lately I’ve been quite foggy and not getting the sleep I should, getting tired quite early in the day, and generally lethargic, which has been exacerbated by the sugar cycle as well as too much coffee (3 cups a day), and too much screen time, both at home and at work (though that’s unavoidable). Having had enough of this nonsense, I started reading the thread last week as well as Brownstein’s book as of today, and picked 5% Lugol’s and all the cofactors I was missing except the niacinimide, which I had to order online.

Yesterday I had the morning salt water (1/2 tsp, _http://khoisansalt.co.za), four drops of Lugol’s a bit later, and about 4-5g of vitamin C a while later. I didn’t notice too much difference, though I did feel a bit lighter, mentally, and more able to get things done, though I did stay up quite late, around 11:30. Today, I had the salt water and 8 drops with breakfast, though I skipped the vitamin C. The difference was much more apparent, I haven’t felt nearly as tired or lethargic as I have been at certain times of the day, and best of all, the “weight” of the cravings and feelings of temptation for sugar has virtually disappeared. I still want some, but I don’t feel the addictive compulsion nor have I had the "just give in" frustration that I had before. I've also noticed that I'm less irritable and felt a bit a sharper at work today. At the moment I'm on a database project, and it just felt like the problem-solving part of my mind, the part that translates that into queries, and my fingers for typing the code were syncing at a pace that I don't usually see in myself unless I'm riding on an "Ah-ha!" moment.

I was going to continue with that for a week or two, increasing the dose slowly and adding the cofactors as needed, but after reading more of the posts in the thread, it seems far more prudent in the long run to start with 25mg total iodine daily with the cofactors from the start, and increase the iodine from there. Chances are I need all those things anyway, so might as well get to it. The only risk for me then, right now, is that I just so happen to need the niacinimide severely, though I think I should be fine on this dose with all the others until it arrives. If not, well, at least I'll know for sure!

Two questions I have:
1. Is there any reason not have part of the daily intake of Lugol’s incorporated into fat bomb? For nuking, I suspect you wouldn't want to dilute it quite so much, but I can't think of any reason not to buffer (butter? :P) up meals for maintenance levels.
2. After reading the post about splitting up the vitamin C being more effective, I was wondering what the limit is? Would it be better, or at least close enough, to mix my 4-5g in 500ml water and drink it throughout the day between meals.

Saieden said:
Two questions I have:
1. Is there any reason not have part of the daily intake of Lugol’s incorporated into fat bomb? For nuking, I suspect you wouldn't want to dilute it quite so much, but I can't think of any reason not to buffer (butter? :P) up meals for maintenance levels.
2. After reading the post about splitting up the vitamin C being more effective, I was wondering what the limit is? Would it be better, or at least close enough, to mix my 4-5g in 500ml water and drink it throughout the day between meals.

- When you put a drop of iodine in a glass of water and drink it you know how much iodine you have taken. If you mix for example one drop in a fat bomb , then you can be really sure how much you will get with that because some of it will evaporate and some of it will remain on the dishes. Dr Brownstein and all other sources that i have read recommends to take iodine in a small glass of water ( also people on this forum that are on iodine )

- I dont think that there is a limit , but keep your Vit C separate from iodine. For ezample, if you take iodine in the morning, them take your vitamin C in the afternoon, or at least 2 hours apart.

Saieden said:
I'm a little late to the party it seems, but better than never! I don’t have any particular or acute issues, though I have messed up my diet quite a bit recently with daily refined sugar, and occasional dairy and vegetable oils (in chips), so I suspect I’ll have to up to antimicrobial levels iodine at some point.Lately I’ve been quite foggy and not getting the sleep I should, getting tired quite early in the day, and generally lethargic, which has been exacerbated by the sugar cycle as well as too much coffee (3 cups a day), and too much screen time, both at home and at work (though that’s unavoidable). Having had enough of this nonsense, I started reading the thread last week as well as Brownstein’s book as of today, and picked 5% Lugol’s and all the cofactors I was missing except the niacinimide, which I had to order online.

I feel you on all that, since Christmas myself. Wishing you luck on the journey!

Yesterday I had the morning salt water (1/2 tsp, _http://khoisansalt.co.za), four drops of Lugol’s a bit later, and about 4-5g of vitamin C a while later. I didn’t notice too much difference, though I did feel a bit lighter, mentally, and more able to get things done, though I did stay up quite late, around 11:30. Today, I had the salt water and 8 drops with breakfast, though I skipped the vitamin C. The difference was much more apparent, I haven’t felt nearly as tired or lethargic as I have been at certain times of the day, and best of all, the “weight” of the cravings and feelings of temptation for sugar has virtually disappeared. I still want some, but I don’t feel the addictive compulsion nor have I had the "just give in" frustration that I had before. I've also noticed that I'm less irritable and felt a bit a sharper at work today. At the moment I'm on a database project, and it just felt like the problem-solving part of my mind, the part that translates that into queries, and my fingers for typing the code were syncing at a pace that I don't usually see in myself unless I'm riding on an "Ah-ha!" moment.

I don't think you should expect to see stuff right away but it's cool that it gave you some more energy. Best to take it away from the salt water also. The salt water is for helping to mop up the bad stuff that the iodine displaces, particularly halogens, but it might also mop up the iodine and totally negate the effect.

Two questions I have:
1. Is there any reason not have part of the daily intake of Lugol’s incorporated into fat bomb? For nuking, I suspect you wouldn't want to dilute it quite so much, but I can't think of any reason not to buffer (butter? :P ) up meals for maintenance levels.

1) It kind of complicates things unnecessarily. Just drop it in a glass of water and get it down you. Then you know what time you took it, all at once.
2) Yeah as long as it is away from the iodine, and you don't mind the taste of vitamin C in water. (Again, I just take a teaspoon and get it over with).

Εἰρήvη said:
What would be the best daily dosage of Iodine for the stage IV cancer?

If it were me, I'd start with 1 drop a day for a few days, then increase to one drop twice a day for a couple of days, then two drops in the morning, one in the afternoon, and stay there for a little while. See how things go, and then slowly start increasing in the same way. I think the co-factors would be very important. Vit B1, B2, B3, B6, Niacinamide, selenium.

So I think part of the reason I have been feeling kind of drained lately is some kind of low level latent virus or infection. I know, probably a "duh" kinda thing.

I got flu symptoms when I first started the iodine, and backed off because of it.

This time after my 5 day iodine week and then nystatin/DMSA on the weekend, I'm ill again for sure. Today I also woke up with the same, basically having the flu, along with feeling all angsty and bitter and just knackered. So this time I will be attempting my first "nuke" dose with the same basic dose of Lugol's along with added KI solution that I made a while ago.

Spread over 2 doses, the first dose really helped this morning, and I've recently took the second. Not sure what to make of it yet but hoping it does something.

Laura said:
Εἰρήvη said:

If it were me, I'd start with 1 drop a day for a few days, then increase to one drop twice a day for a couple of days, then two drops in the morning, one in the afternoon, and stay there for a little while. See how things go, and then slowly start increasing in the same way. I think the co-factors would be very important. Vit B1, B2, B3, B6, Niacinamide, selenium.

Laura, thank you very much for your response!
Are you talking about Lugol's 5%?

Εἰρήvη said:
Laura said:
Εἰρήvη said:

Yes. That is what I would start with.

Laura said:
Εἰρήvη said:
Laura said:
Εἰρήvη said:

Yes. That is what I would start with.

Thank you very much! Doctors give him a few months to live, I hope this can stop the spreading of cancer, and hopefully eventually clear his body of cancer. Should I also recommend him Spirulina and Chlorella?

Back
Top Bottom