Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Gaby said:
goyacobol said:
Thank you for that article. It was like having a good healthy meal. I am sure saving that one. I am up to 169mg of the 5% lugols (with cofactors).

In general, aiming for your dose and/or staying in the upper limit indefinitely is not advised due to potential troubleshooting. It seems the experience points to the contrary, staying in the lower dose needed for health and well-being and not overdoing it. Some might have a higher than normal tolerance for iodine, but after months of loading up, the dose could be brought down to the minimum required, leaving high doses for specific situations (provided that you know how to navigate them).

Glad you found the article useful :flowers:

Thank you for the advice. I look forward to a "time" when we don't need to constantly detox because we won't have all the pollution to eliminate. I really appreciate your commitment being in the health profession and taking a stand that is not popular but aligns with reality. :)

Goyacobol, I second the advice from Gaby.

This Saturday at our meetup, Foxx was doing muscle testing and oddly found that no dose is toxic to me. I can confirm that from when I did (stupidly) very high doses before a protocol and co factors were ironed out.

Now knowing the possible issues, I stick to a milder dose of 4-6 drops a day, because it can help me troubleshoot in case problems come up. I think some of us can handle heavy doses without the extreme side effects, but we still don't know what else can be affected, like possible withdrawal effects! When do we get to trade up to less flimsy 4d bodies? :)

After one month of heel dosing and without any side effects from it , today i restarted oral iodine consumption. :)

To be honest i was little afraid after my first experience with iodine this January, but now i`ll go really slowly. I took 1 drop of 1.25 % iodine. ( i have a 5% iodine so i`m diluting it with water and that is why i get 1.25% solution )

First 3 weeks i`ll go with 1 drop a week. Then next 3 weeks i`ll go 2 drops a week and gradually increase the dosage.
Lets see how this time will this journey look like.

Konstantin said:
After one month of heel dosing and without any side effects from it , today i restarted oral iodine consumption. :)

To be honest i was little afraid after my first experience with iodine this January, but now i`ll go really slowly. I took 1 drop of 1.25 % iodine. ( i have a 5% iodine so i`m diluting it with water and that is why i get 1.25% solution )

First 3 weeks i`ll go with 1 drop a week. Then next 3 weeks i`ll go 2 drops a week and gradually increase the dosage.

Hope all goes well Konstantin! You could also try 1 iodoral tablet. I've started taking the recently and they seem to have a more gentle gradual effect compared to the drops.

Joe said:
Konstantin said:

Hope all goes well Konstantin! You could also try 1 iodoral tablet. I've started taking the recently and they seem to have a more gentle gradual effect compared to the drops.

Thanks Joe. I had almost 2 full bottles with 5% Lugols ( 100 ml) and i decided to start with it. If i notice any side effects like before i will definitely order periodical tablets. I`ve found this on iherb and i have bookmarked them so i can possibly order them with my next supplementation order.
_http://www.iherb.com/Optimox-Corporation-Iodoral-90-Tablets/23903

Just a quick update. After going to 7 drops twice daily of ~6% Lugol's for a while, I reduced back to 6 drops twice daily for 10 days or so, and starting today, I reduced to 5 drops twice daily. After a few weeks, I might go to 4 drops twice daily. It's been a bit over 6 months since I started the iodine protocol. So I'm going to slowly reduce the dosage and see how things go.

I'm still feeling really great and sleeping MUCH better - averaging 6.5 to 7 hours a night, with the occasional 8 hours a night.

My mother is still on 4 drops a day. Doing quite well - much better than she had been in a long time. My brother stopped Lugol's for a while he said because he wasn't feeling much difference at 3 drops a day (except occasional hunger which he hadn't felt since ketosis). A few days ago, he started on 1 drop again.

Gaby said:
I'm reviewing the subject in view of a few problems some people have had with iodine.

[...]

It also seems that iodine can create particular problems in sensitive people. It is also documented that those with excessive oxidative stress (i.e those with autoimmune disease) should proceed with care. That is why the cofactors are so important, but they might not be enough for some people.

Then there is excessive oxidative stress promoted by stealth infections which then encourages autoimmune diseases. The impression that I got is that in general, people who have done the autoimmune antibiotic protocol have fared better with iodine. Also those who have done significant detox efforts (i.e. DMSA + EDTA protocols).

Here are more clues in the Weston Price Foundation review on iodine:

[...]

Thanks for the articles Gaby.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, especially concerning stealth infections. The C's said that low doses of Iodine can also feed the critters causing these infections, but we experienced that higher doses to "nuke" them can be very overwhelming for some people that haven't got a good detoxing ability. So maybe the best approach for some is to do the antibiotic protocol before doing the Iodine protocol (???). Otherwise we can't "nuke" the critters because we overwhelm our bodies, and we will be feeding them if we just take a low dose of Iodine... OSIT.

As an update, I stopped iodine at the moment because I went through a serious infection that got me to stay at the hospital for 6 days with IV antibiotics. The actual cause of the infection is still unknown but there were other conditions discovered through testing, such as osteoporosis in my lumbar spine and osteopenia in my hips. Since low bone density is common in people with Crohn's disease, they suspect I have it, but I still have to run some other tests to know that and, for what I've been reading, low bone density despite the fact that I've been taking Vit D with K2 and eating lots of bone broth, can be due to many other factors other than Bowel Inflammatory Diseases, such as genetics or being vegetarian during the crucial years for bone development. In the meantime, I have to take doxycycline for a while, which makes me think if this isn't an interesting way of being led to what I should be doing: the antibiotic protocol for stealth infections causing chronic diseases. :huh:

I know I reported this to you already, Gaby... I share it here because I thought that this could also be another experience that might be indirectly related to the Iodine protocol and what you mention above about some people doing best when they have done the antibiotic protocol before, and maybe it can "add a cent" to our research and understanding of how Iodine works for different people. (Let me know if I'm completely off track here ;) )

Yas said:
In the meantime, I have to take doxycycline for a while, which makes me think if this isn't an interesting way of being led to what I should be doing: the antibiotic protocol for stealth infections causing chronic diseases. :huh:

I know I reported this to you already, Gaby... I share it here because I thought that this could also be another experience that might be indirectly related to the Iodine protocol and what you mention above about some people doing best when they have done the antibiotic protocol before, and maybe it can "add a cent" to our research and understanding of how Iodine works for different people. (Let me know if I'm completely off track here ;) )

I think you're right on track. Thank you for sharing, Yas.

Yours was a very close call and I have the impression that you were protected by higher forces through this horrible experience. I'm just glad you didn't ended up with a butchery job in the operating room.

I also feel reassured that you're taking doxycycline. I have the feeling that you'll be able to derive more benefits from the iodine after your antibiotic course.

:hug2:

May I ask this question? How do you take your Lugol? I currently take 5 drops of Lugol 10% on a fruit (impossible for me in water because of its taste). But I wonder if taking it with a fruit can decrease its efficacy.

nature said:
May I ask this question? How do you take your Lugol? I currently take 5 drops of Lugol 10% on a fruit (impossible for me in water because of its taste). But I wonder if taking it with a fruit can decrease its efficacy.

As discussed earlier in this thread, lugol is taken after eating. Rather than the possibility of decreased absorption, I would be more worried about the fruit's sugar content though.

nature said:

I personally have gotten used to the taste over time and it even borders on me enjoying it now, but if you really can't stand it then an alternative is to take the Iodoral tablets, which are basically a tablet form of the Lugol's iodine with both Iodine and Potassium Iodide. Here's a suitable example:

http://www.amazon.com/Optimox-Iodoral-Potency-Potassium-Supplement/dp/B000X843VG/

nature perhaps adding a little xylitol to the water will help the taste--I don't know if there is anything in it that would contradict the benefits of the iodine.

I take it in my coffee sometimes. Since I drink black coffee without sweeteners or milk, I can barely taste the 4-6 drops of Lugol's.

You can add it to anything as long as it doesn't have vitamin C. Vitamin C changes molecules of iodine into ionic form (which is why vit C helps to clean iodine stains). I'm not sure about xylitol though.

Also, in retesting, I found that salt water does not make the lugol's dissipate or change. It stays colored after mixing and sitting for hours (which means it still has molecules of iodine). My past test was wrong because a tiny bit of undissolved vit C powder was at the bottom of the cup, which made the color disappear.

I found that warming the water a little bit makes the iodine taste less strong. But after awhile I got used to the taste of iodine so now it doesn't bother me at all. Maybe you can start with just one drop until you get used to it.

Gaby said:
Yas said:
In the meantime, I have to take doxycycline for a while, which makes me think if this isn't an interesting way of being led to what I should be doing: the antibiotic protocol for stealth infections causing chronic diseases. :huh:

I think you're right on track. Thank you for sharing, Yas.

Yours was a very close call and I have the impression that you were protected by higher forces through this horrible experience. I'm just glad you didn't ended up with a butchery job in the operating room.

I also feel reassured that you're taking doxycycline. I have the feeling that you'll be able to derive more benefits from the iodine after your antibiotic course.

:hug2:

Thank you Gaby!

I don't know if I was protected but I was certainly lucky and I've been treated with lots of empathy at the hospital, which was a surprise to me. So I'm grateful to whatever force may have helped me and for all the kindness I received while being sick :love:

Back
Top Bottom