Iodine and Potassium Iodide

shellycheval said:
nature perhaps adding a little xylitol to the water will help the taste--I don't know if there is anything in it that would contradict the benefits of the iodine.

I sometimes add glycine to mine, which is a supplement but also a sweetener. It helps to counteract the taste of iodine.

Thanks a lot for your responses, your ideas.
So, this morning, I've tried warm water + very little xylitol ( as I had it in my kitchen, I don't have glycine): and yes, it passed! :)
Gaby, I was taken the Lugol after breakfast (I read your excellent article on SOTT :) and thank you very much. The problem was just that I took it with a piece of fruit.
This forum is wonderfull!

nature said:
So, this morning, I've tried warm water + very little xylitol ( as I had it in my kitchen, I don't have glycine): and yes, it passed! :)

That's good to hear. Enjoy in your iodine. :)

Today I was at my endocrinologist with my newest blood analysis. I told her that I'm not taking the hormone and that I'm taking the iodine. She didn't ask me about the iodine but said that if I don't take the hormone I will develop severe hypothyroidism. She gave me the referral for ultrasound but she wouldn't give me the referral for another blood test because she said there is no point in doing that if I'm not going to take the medicine. She is not even curious to see if I'm really going to develop the hypothyroidism or not. She already "knows" that I will and that I am just wasting her time.

I tried to take the iodine on alternative days and it didn't work for me because I was feeling week on the days off, so I returned to 6 days per week, but I lowered my dose from 4 to 3 drops. I'm ok with that for now.

Persej said:
nature said:

That's good to hear. Enjoy in your iodine. :)

Today I was at my endocrinologist with my newest blood analysis. I told her that I'm not taking the hormone and that I'm taking the iodine. She didn't ask me about the iodine but said that if I don't take the hormone I will develop severe hypothyroidism. She gave me the referral for ultrasound but she wouldn't give me the referral for another blood test because she said there is no point in doing that if I'm not going to take the medicine. She is not even curious to see if I'm really going to develop the hypothyroidism or not. She already "knows" that I will and that I am just wasting her time.

I tried to take the iodine on alternative days and it didn't work for me because I was feeling week on the days off, so I returned to 6 days per week, but I lowered my dose from 4 to 3 drops. I'm ok with that for now.

I`m glad to hear that you are ok Persej.
Then try to go to another doctor who is maybe more curious then current. :). They know everything before time and that is why so much people are sick.
You are not wasting her time, but you are wasting your time with her. Another more open minded doctor maybe will be of more help for you.
Take your iodine and take care Persej. Maybe over longer period of time when body will be more saturated with iodine , your need for it will decrease, so you wont have to take it 6 day per week.

Thank you, Persej, it's part of your idea ;)

For your endocrinologist, it's not surprising. She just apply what the medicine faculty teach to them. It's usual to not gaving referral for another blood test before many months because it is taught that hormone levels rebalance on long period.
So, don't worry about that. At the next consultation with her, she will certainly prescribe the blood test, because it's usually what is done.

She'll be surprised to see your hormone levels being normal without taking hormone. And maybe it will be an encouragement for her to take the iodine subject in account :) and do a research on pubmed. If you see that she becomes open, you can even give her some references. Wait and see before changing endocrinologist, because another one will react like her at this stage.

Persej said:

Hi Persej,

I suppose that it is normal that these doctors hold on to their preconceived ideas about health, after all, most of them get really brainwashed during their training and I kind of understand why it is so hard for them to change their minds.

I guess that things could go as nature suggests, and that would be very nice, indeed. But sometimes it is a good idea to say that you're still taking the medicine they prescribed, if you're confident enough about what you're doing (taking Iodine and stopping you medicine) and the information you have about it, of course. In that way, they will run the blood tests and be happy of your improvement and maybe you can tell them after the fact that you actually stopped the medicine... when they have just acknowledged that you are improving according to their own standards :whistle:

If you're able to find another doctor who is more open minded, that's even better, of course. ;)

Divide By Zero said:
Goyacobol, I second the advice from Gaby.

This Saturday at our meetup, Foxx was doing muscle testing and oddly found that no dose is toxic to me. I can confirm that from when I did (stupidly) very high doses before a protocol and co factors were ironed out.

Now knowing the possible issues, I stick to a milder dose of 4-6 drops a day, because it can help me troubleshoot in case problems come up. I think some of us can handle heavy doses without the extreme side effects, but we still don't know what else can be affected, like possible withdrawal effects! When do we get to trade up to less flimsy 4d bodies? :)

Divide By Zero,

Thanks, for mentioning your experience with the Iodine. Gaby's advice to try to find a maintenance dose and save the higher doses for emergency issues seems to make sense.

The muscle testing results are interesting too. I started with the co-factors even before the Iodine and had taken the spirulena and alfalfa that the Cs hinted at in the sessions for several years before they gave the clue about Iodine.

Maybe that helped me to adjust to the Iodine, I am not sure. It seems to vary so much individually from all the posts here.

Your thought about

less flimsy 4d bodies?

makes me wonder how "variable physicality" might be a part of a "less flimsy 4d body". Many possibilities aren't there? :)

Yas said:
If you're able to find another doctor who is more open minded, that's even better, of course. ;)

Well, the reason I told the truth to her was that I wanted to end this whole elevated TSH business. I didn't want to give my blood every month or so and let people around me, mostly my mother, to think that I have some sort of problem with my thyroid. Which I don't, and which I didn't in the previous three years that I had the problem with my heart. I only got this "problem" when I started taking the iodine. So it's total blind alley for me. And the only reason why I even got to endocrinologist is because other doctors don't know what to do with me. I've been to infectologist, but he doesn't want to prescribe me antibiotics because he never heard about "stealth infections" with Chlamydia Pneumoniae, even though I have positive lab results. So the one doctor is angry at me for not taking the medicine, and the other won't give me one. Go figure.

I thought that iodine will be enough to kill my bugs, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe I will also have to take some antibiotic. But the problem is that a single antibiotic cannot kill this bug. Or maybe I just have to wait a little longer to become saturated with iodine.

Persej said:
I thought that iodine will be enough to kill my bugs, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe I will also have to take some antibiotic. But the problem is that a single antibiotic cannot kill this bug. Or maybe I just have to wait a little longer to become saturated with iodine.

You can wait until you hit the 8 month mark since you started iodine to check your TSH levels again. It might still be up, but it should come down after 8 months according to the experience of Brownstein. If the endocrinologist won't run the test, I would just check with another doctor.

Sounds like you have found your ideal iodine dose. Have you considered doing a muscle testing to see if it correlates with what you're taking right now?

nature said:

I'm glad to hear things worked out for you.

I take my lugol with a little bit of water. It is not delicious, but it is tolerable.

Gaby said:
nature said:

I'm glad to hear things worked out for you.

I take my lugol with a little bit of water. It is not delicious, but it is tolerable.

I do the same thing and if you add more water it is even easier to swallow.

Gaby said:
You can wait until you hit the 8 month mark since you started iodine to check your TSH levels again. It might still be up, but it should come down after 8 months according to the experience of Brownstein. If the endocrinologist won't run the test, I would just check with another doctor.

Yes, I can do it in August with the ultrasound. It will be 10th month since the start. I'll do it in private lab if I can't do it regularly.

Sounds like you have found your ideal iodine dose. Have you considered doing a muscle testing to see if it correlates with what you're taking right now?

I might try that, once I find somebody to do it with.

Yes, with more water, it's easier. That's what I do for my daughter. Despite her young age, she is very courageous about supplementation and diet, as she seems to be very consciousfull of this stuff.

Persej, to get rid of your bug, maybe high doses of vit C will help a lot. I read an article on SOTT about its effectiveness on many infections. But, as Divided by zero said, be carreful to not take it with iodine.

nature said:
Persej, to get rid of your bug, maybe high doses of vit C will help a lot. I read an article on SOTT about its effectiveness on many infections. But, as Divided by zero said, be carreful to not take it with iodine.

I tried it before iodine with high does of liposomal vit C and it didn't work. Perhaps because this bug is intracellular organism. Perhaps vit C cannot kill what is inside my cells. I wonder if the iodine has the same problem, that it can kill what is outside our cells but not what is inside. This bug also has three forms (spores, active form and inactive form), and perhaps iodine can only kill one of those forms. I also started taking the NAC which is good against the spores, but that still leaves me with two forms to kill and I don't know how effective is iodine against those.

C's did say that antibiotics were necessary for Laura.

Q: (Perceval) Just on that iodine question, is it a suitable substitute for the previous protocol of metro, etc.?

A: Perhaps a bit better, but the antibiotics were not counterproductive. You have been led, or led yourselves to discover what was needed as it was needed.

Q: (L) So a certain period of antibiotic therapy in cases of serious conditions is useful if it's also followed by or undertaken in conjunction with, say, iodine therapy?

A: Yes

Q: (L) The only problem is that when you're doing the antibiotic therapy, you can't do all the minerals. And it also cancels the iodine, so you have to either build yourself up with iodine first and then do it, or follow it.

A: Yes

Back
Top Bottom