Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Update:

I've been taking one drop of iodine of 10% in distilled water with selenium on every 3 or 4 days since July 16,and so far it's good.Should I have to increase the dosage to two drops?

sToRmR1dR said:
Update:

I've been taking one drop of iodine of 10% in distilled water with selenium on every 3 or 4 days since July 16,and so far it's good.Should I have to increase the dosage to two drops?

Well, it depends on how you feel. Are you taking any other cofactor than selenium?
Are taking salt water every morning to help your body flush the bromine from your system?

If I was in your place I would keep the dosage the same although I think 1 drop 10% Lugol's is a too much to start, and just take it every second day instead of every 3 or 4 days and keep with that schedule for some time.

Don't rush, take it very slowly and listen to your body.
:)

Konstantin said:
sToRmR1dR said:
Update:

Well, it depends on how you feel. Are you taking any other cofactor than selenium?
Are taking salt water every morning to help your body flush the bromine from your system?

If I was in your place I would keep the dosage the same although I think 1 drop 10% Lugol's is a too much to start, and just take it every second day instead of every 3 or 4 days and keep with that schedule for some time.

Don't rush, take it very slowly and listen to your body.
:)

I'm following the protocol, I'm taking salt water every morning and at the evenings. Two days ago I took vitamin C 3,5 hours after the iodine dosage.I feel good.I'll take your advice Konstantin and I will take the dosage every second day for a while. :)

Hi Gaby, thanks for your post :)
I read a bit about Iodine, through Sott.net https://es.sott.net/article/43075-El-Yodo-un-conocimiento-ocultado-que-puede-cambiar-su-vida
and I would like to start checking Dr. Brownstein's book, "Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can not Live Without It (5th Edition)", also start taking Iodine, but right now I'm almost 3 months pregnant, I'm going to ask my gynecologist about Iodine, but I think it would be great to have another opinion or information about whether using Iodine is safe-beneficial during pregnancy or it is preferable not to use it because it may have risks
I'm 37 years old, without any chronic illness, it's just my first pregnancy, I followed a very similar to the paleolithic diet for 4 years, due to my great intelorancia in digestion of grains, and when I start to read about Iodine, that's interested me a lot... :umm:

Jess said:
I would like to start checking Dr. Brownstein's book, "Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can not Live Without It (5th Edition)", also start taking Iodine, but right now I'm almost 3 months pregnant, I'm going to ask my gynecologist about Iodine, but I think it would be great to have another opinion or information about whether using Iodine is safe-beneficial during pregnancy or it is preferable not to use it because it may have risks

Actually, iodine is one of the very few supplements that mainstream medicine recommends in pregnant women. They do recommend the bare minimum dose though.

Here is an interesting video with some research about it:

https://youtu.be/uc4Q3kzBSc4

Here are a few sources which will give a fresh perspective too:

Iodine Helps Prevent Autism
http://drsircus.com/autism/iodine-helps-prevent-autism/

Why Low Iodine During Pregnancy Is Detrimental to Baby's Brain
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/08/24/iodine-supplements-during-pregnancy.aspx

David Brownstein MD on Thyroid Health and Iodine
http://jeffreydachmd.com/2014/02/david-brownstein-thyroid-health-iodine/

I wouldn't try to do a high dose of iodine due to the troubleshooting though. As a test, you see about the heel dosing and/or use an oral low concentration iodine supplement or solution:

Sensitive to Iodine?
http://lynnefarrow.net/sensitive.html

Reactions: Lys
I had an interesting experience in recent days. I started getting a lot of red patches on my body. Immediately, I thought that this is something that iodine can provoke. And then I remembered that I wasn't taking much salty water in the previous period. So I started taking salty water again every day, and after a few days my patches disappeared. I thought that after so much time I already detoxed and that there was not so much need for salt, but I was obviously wrong. Every day that you take iodine you must also take salty water, lesson learned.

Persej said:
I had an interesting experience in recent days. I started getting a lot of red patches on my body. Immediately, I thought that this is something that iodine can provoke. And then I remembered that I wasn't taking much salty water in the previous period. So I started taking salty water again every day, and after a few days my patches disappeared. I thought that after so much time I already detoxed and that there was not so much need for salt, but I was obviously wrong. Every day that you take iodine you must also take salty water, lesson learned.

Hi Persej, I was wondering if this could be caused by the fact that you've been putting fluoride into your body recently? You mentioned using a product that has fluoride as one of its ingredients in this post: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,9796.msg730479.html#msg730479

Ant22 said:
Hi Persej, I was wondering if this could be caused by the fact that you've been putting fluoride into your body recently? You mentioned using a product that has fluoride as one of its ingredients in this post: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,9796.msg730479.html#msg730479

Oh no, this started happening before that, somewhere in the beginning of the August. The fluoride toothpaste I'm using about one week, and that is when the patches started to disappear. I now have just a mild marks where they were. I never had them before, but I was very regular with the salty water before.

This week I reduced the iodine to 4 days per week, and will probably later to 3 or 2. I guess there is no point in taking more because it cannot kill my bacteria or whatever else I'm having in my body. But I found the neem capsules, and I'm taking them for just three days but I already feel better. I will report more on that after some time.

Persej said:
Ant22 said:

Oh no, this started happening before that, somewhere in the beginning of the August. The fluoride toothpaste I'm using about one week, and that is when the patches started to disappear. I now have just a mild marks where they were. I never had them before, but I was very regular with the salty water before.

This week I reduced the iodine to 4 days per week, and will probably later to 3 or 2. I guess there is no point in taking more because it cannot kill my bacteria or whatever else I'm having in my body. But I found the neem capsules, and I'm taking them for just three days but I already feel better. I will report more on that after some time.

Oh I see, thank you for clarifying it. I think the C's said that detoxing hard metals can even take a couple of years so I guess it's likely it's still "work in progress". And yeah, I noticed that my sleep is quite light and interrupted if I don't take my morning dose of salt for a couple of days.

I'm really glad the toothpaste has helped you Persej, despite the evil fluoride in it. Your symptoms sounded pretty nasty so I can imagine you're really relieved to see it go! I guess you're right that iodine wasn't able to kill the bacteria/fungus causing it, otherwise it probably would have done it already.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it's a useful reminder as some people here started taking iodine quite recently. My mom had a similar experience and she's been on iodine for as long as me (since December 2015). She recently started complaining that she was getting pimples on her face and body. It turned out she hadn't been taking salt because it "tasted bad" and she prefered to use it in her cooking. Well, that clearly wasn't enough and when she resumed her morning salt in lukewarm water routine her spots disappeared.

Jess said:
Hi Gaby, thanks for your post :)
I read a bit about Iodine, through Sott.net https://es.sott.net/article/43075-El-Yodo-un-conocimiento-ocultado-que-puede-cambiar-su-vida
and I would like to start checking Dr. Brownstein's book, "Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can not Live Without It (5th Edition)", also start taking Iodine, but right now I'm almost 3 months pregnant, I'm going to ask my gynecologist about Iodine, but I think it would be great to have another opinion or information about whether using Iodine is safe-beneficial during pregnancy or it is preferable not to use it because it may have risks
I'm 37 years old, without any chronic illness, it's just my first pregnancy, I followed a very similar to the paleolithic diet for 4 years, due to my great intelorancia in digestion of grains, and when I start to read about Iodine, that's interested me a lot... :umm:

My wife took Lugols 5% 2 drops every day (plus the iodine in prenatal supplements) during her entire pregnancy and still takes as the child is 1 year old. Our child is (very) healthy and progressing nicely.
I do have to mention that we had him vaccinated just for tuberculosis (just after birth) and no other vaccination. She supplemented only Lugols, magnesium chloride, prenatal and vit C (Vit C rarely). And we gave him vit D first 6 months.

In my experience, gynecologists and pediatricians are educated poorly to none in modern supplementation and diet discoveries so my recommendation is to take their advices very carefully.

Ant22 said:
I'm really glad the toothpaste has helped you Persej, despite the evil fluoride in it. Your symptoms sounded pretty nasty so I can imagine you're really relieved to see it go! I guess you're right that iodine wasn't able to kill the bacteria/fungus causing it, otherwise it probably would have done it already.

Yeah, I was feeling very week for last two weeks, despite taking iodine and some other stuff. So whatever I have in me it surely is pretty nasty. But hopefully I'm finally moving in the right direction because yesterday I took nothing but neem and I felt fine. Today I even did some light running.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it's a useful reminder as some people here started taking iodine quite recently. My mom had a similar experience and she's been on iodine for as long as me (since December 2015). She recently started complaining that she was getting pimples on her face and body. It turned out she hadn't been taking salt because it "tasted bad" and she prefered to use it in her cooking. Well, that clearly wasn't enough and when she resumed her morning salt in lukewarm water routine her spots disappeared.

There you go. I'm also on iodine since December 2015. The salty water also tasted very bad to me until I reduced the dose to 1/3 of teaspoon. Now I can drink it without problem. Everybody has a different taste for salty things, I guess.

Persej said:
The salty water also tasted very bad to me until I reduced the dose to 1/3 of teaspoon. Now I can drink it without problem. Everybody has a different taste for salty things, I guess.

With the same amount of salt (half a teaspoon), you could always add more water to dilute the salt flavor. If I drink the salt water and it tastes too salty, then I just add more water until it tastes fine.

hlat said:
Persej said:
The salty water also tasted very bad to me until I reduced the dose to 1/3 of teaspoon. Now I can drink it without problem. Everybody has a different taste for salty things, I guess.

With the same amount of salt (half a teaspoon), you could always add more water to dilute the salt flavor. If I drink the salt water and it tastes too salty, then I just add more water until it tastes fine.

Sounds like an effective solution hlat!

Another idea would be to put the salt in empty capsules, swallow them and drink the water. My mom puts her iodine in empty capsules because she doesn't like the taste of it either so if the salt tastes really unpalatable this could be a solution to consider. It's not an ideal way of taking it but I guess it's better than discontinuing the salt because of the taste.

Hello everyone. I would appreciate if someone can help me with the symptoms I'm having, I don't know if it is iodine saturation, gallstones, candida or a combination.

Brief summary of my diet: I started the ketogenic diet in December 2013, eating lots of fat (I really like it) and few carbs and It felt good. What I didn't like is that my weight went down a lot and then it recovered a little without being able to control it, (mainly it bothered me because my clothes fell when I lose weight). Since the beginning of this year I added more carbs, seeing that some began to have problems with fats and that it was better to increase the carbs at night.

I started the iodine protocol in March of last year, with alternate breaks of 5 months in total. The last break began four months ago and lasted a month. Since April last year I had taken 4 drops per day, after my last rest three months ago I started taking 10 drops.

More or less in the time that I took iodine again, three months ago, I started to eat just once a day, because I was less hungry (that is, I digested slower) and I liked the idea of cooking only once, so I also started to eat sweet potatoes or cassava almost every day, 100 grams of them are only 20 grams of carbs, what could go wrong? (I see now)

I felt good eating like this, I was up all day and I didn't have to worry about the food, just I felt the stomach a little heavier. At that time I began to feel soft "bubbles" below the sternum, in the center, I discontinued the iodine one week, a month ago, to see if they disappeared but my energy decayed visibly then I returned to take 10 drops. I thought the bubbles and slow digestion were a small price to pay for the time saved. Now with the information I read, that I had skipped, I realize that I am a fool, don't need to be told ... but if you want xD

I also had occasional constipation, not very strong, since late last year, but they were increasing lately and I went to the bathroom once a week only.
Everything got worse a week ago, coinciding also with a release of emotional aspects, intense constipation, the bubbles started to hurt, I don't know if it's the liver but I feel a ball right in the center, not to the sides, today I feel it slightly towards my left hand. My stomach is swollen with gas, I stop eating too much fats, I use a tablespoon of lard to fry, much less vegetables and little matambre (flank steak) twice a day, I bought fish now.

Another thing I see now, since I started the protocol I consumed all the supplements that Gaby talks about, in her iodine's sott focus, except vitamin B3, I took herbs for the liver. I started to take (B3) 10 days before everything worsened, to see if the bubbles improved, the first few days was all right, I only took 500 mg but when I took 1000mg I started to feel unbearable itchy and redness of the skin, there were days I didn't feel nothing, but the last three days I had to take aspirin for the itching to pass, the last day I consumed B3 I also did two aspirin since the itching didn't stop with only one. Now I see that was a mistake to take B3 when the liver doesn't work well, I mean, I read that but I thought that wasn't my problem.

Reading the forum, I first thought they could be gallstones, and while I was better informed about how to eliminate them, I started to take antiparasitic herbs (wormwood and clove) with 10-15g of vitamin C, afterwards I began to expel rotting gases for a day and then I had some diarrhea, I also ate dried plums to loosen a little the intestine (maybe not a good idea). All this made me think of bacteria

Today I ate some sweet potato to see what I felt, as it is recommended to remove gallstones but not for bacteria. And while I continue to take the herbs and vitamin C, I no longer have the laxative effect, and my stomach is inflated with gas again. What I read is that's probably bacteria with obstructed intestine, which prevents toxic elements leave.

Should I take selenium and salt water again? I left the protocol when the whole thing got worse. I got himalaya salt and left the sea salt as I was not sure of its quality. I read that a bad salt can contribute to gallstones

Z said:
-Turmeric is not water soluble and in order to be utilized by the body needs to be mixed with good fat. Otherwise it will just pass through the body and upset the intestines. In addition it needs to be supplemented with piperine ( from peppercorns) in order to increase its bioavailabilty and prolong its stay in the body.
- People who have gallstones should exercise extreme caution as turmeric seems to stimulate peristalsis of bile ducts which means that it can trigger gallstone attack once they start moving, otherwise this is great news for people who eat lots of fat and need bile production to function to its optimum.
-It seems turmeric has to be taken permanently in serious conditions as the effect stops as soon as intake of turmeric is stopped.
- it is very important to source organic and genuine turmeric powder, there is a lot of turmeric on the market which is basically depleted of curcumin ( to be used for curcumin capsules) and spiekd with wheat flower and artificial colors. The powder can be tested by mixing one spoon in the glas of water, if the water remains clear ( orange but clear) the powder is ok in contrast to bad turmeric with added flower in which case water will be cloudy and mucky.

That's how I learned that my curcuma was bad, and I've been eating it every day since I started the diet. Besides that I always fry all my meals in lard (I think it's time to steam)... and I use one teaspoon of honey per day, to sweeten my fat bomb... I know I know

From what I read, whatever it is, I would benefit from coffee and probiotics enemas.

I also ordered:
Probiotic
Ox bile
Vitamin D and E
Alpha-Lipoic Acid

Any recommendations, I'm on the right track?

P.D: As I finished writing, I ate macadamia nut (I read it's for constipation) and grugru (Acrocomia aculeata) is like a smaller type of coconut, I think the pulp has less carbohydrates and more fat, with antibacterial properties. When I eat them, I felt a nuisance in my liver, but then I begin to expel some gases, and to feel relief.

josev said:
Hello everyone. I would appreciate if someone can help me with the symptoms I'm having, I don't know if it is iodine saturation, gallstones, candida or a combination.

I would cut down the iodine intake to the minimum required without seeing a drop in energy. You could experiment with 2-4 drops every other day.

You might be having too much vitamin C, at least more than your digestive system can absorb. Your body can't absorb more than 4 grams at a time. I would take only 2-4 grams per day until your digestive system settles down.

Then I would add 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (ACV) diluted in a little bit of water right before eating. Don't eat more fat than your body can handle either. Your digestion will improve with the help of the ACV. ACV will also energize you, so try to not take it too late.

Back
Top Bottom