Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Thank you for telling me about your experience Heather, I'm glad your health improved.

I read a little about Hashimoto and I have some symptoms too, I always had a sore throat and it costs me a bit to talk, I get tired when I talk too much and is hard for me to talk loud, I don't know if it has to do with the thyroid. It's not very serious, I know it also has to do with diction, and it can improve with therapy.

And I also had a joint problem that prevented me from exerting in a high level when I was a semiprofessional sportsman. Several doctors told me that I had many different things, osteoarthritis, excess calcium, even a disease in German XD when I change to KD my problem improve but I no longer practice at highest level.

So I'll keep it in mind, I think it's time to do some tests. The last one I did was one of blood two years ago or so

Hi Galaxia2002

Yes, I stopped eating sweet potatoes at the moment, only fish and vegetables with avocado and olive and coconut oils, a little pineapple and grapefruit. I think fruits make feel my stomach better. The weekend I ate a banana before doing high intensity exercise and I eliminated the gases and digested better after that. My supplements have to come from Miami and are delayed by the weather unfortunately

Galaxia2002 said:
One of that facets is the psychological: for the constipation, Is there something that you can't let go?

Yes, I made a post in The Swamp that is related to this, but most of all I have a lot of anxiety, I have to work it.

Galaxia2002 said:
EMOTIONAL BLOCK
The primary function of the bowel is to evacuate what is no longer useful to the body. In metaphysical terms, optimal health hinges on the release of old ideas that are being carried around. Constipation also indicates lack of expression of one's ideas or feelings for fear of displeasing others, being "wrong," or risking the loss of something or someone.

I did the opposite generally, with close people without fear of what they think of me; but now that I started to contain those programs better, perhaps something burned inside me when I contained myself now :D

Perhaps the key is to develop real consideration and not simply restrain myself

On this topic, I think there are to a large degree unconscious family patterns -- dysfunctional family patterns -- that we are all holding onto, and which play out through our bodies. If the intestines are an area of weakness (which can also be genetic) then it can play out that way. In my family, my twin brother became mentally ill in early adulthood, and I became chronically ill in early adulthood, as per a weakened immune system and all that can go with it, including systemic yeast and constipation.

Anyway, just as with online dream interpretations, one needs to be mindful of all the variations and unique aspects of one's particular situation.

I remember my therapist pointing out to me how my body is what "saved" me. Certainly, in having to see to the needs of my body I was on a much different track than my brother who for decades now has suffered from schizophrenia.

In so speaking, he and I have similar family pressures on us, however they played out in very different ways.

Suite à ma dernière prise sang du 15 09 17, voici les résultats qui ont inquiété mon Médecin traitant au point de me téléphoné Hier soir dès leur réception :
T.S.H U.S. (3 ème génération) : 19.341 mUI/l
Intervalle de référence : 0.4 à 4.0
Antériorité 09/01/2017 : 1.647 (après avoir arrêté le Lugol d'aout 2016 à janvier 17

Le 13/08/16
T.S.H U.S. (3 ème génération) : 10.500 mUI/l
Intervalle de référence : 0.4 à 3.70
Antériorité 09/02/2016 : 7.886

Dois-je à nouveau arrêté Lugol pendant 6 mois ? Merci pour vos réponses...

Following my last blood test of 15 09 17, here are the results that worried my Doctor treating to the point of calling Yesterday evening as soon as they received:
T.S.H.S. (3rd generation): 19,341 mIU / l
Reference interval: 0.4 to 4.0
Priority 09/01/2017: 1.647 (after arresting the Lugol from August 2016 to January 17

13/08/16
T.S.H.S. (3 rd generation): 10,500 mUI / l
Reference interval: 0.4 to 3.70
Anteriority 09/02/2016: 7.886

Have I stopped Lugol again for 6 months? Thank you for your answers...

PERLOU said:
Dois-je à nouveau arrêté Lugol pendant 6 mois ? Merci pour vos réponses...

I would stop the lugol until TSH levels normalize. If antibodies are negative, the increase on TSH could be due to the lugol alone and not due to an autoimmune reaction.

I would also look into photobiomodulation therapy. I've been shining a NIR floodlight directly into my thyroid gland and that has had a positive effect in my energy and mood levels. I haven't needed lugol for energy levels ever since the floodlights.

Merci Gaby pour ta réponse rapide... J'ai encore pris du Lugol ce matin mais je pense arrêté pour 6 mois pour voir si tout reviens à la normale comme la dernière fois...

Thank you Gaby for your quick reply ... I still took Lugol this morning but I think stopped for 6 months to see if everything returns to normal as the last time ...

PERLOU said:
Currently I take 3 drops of Lugol 12% which are better for 2 months, before I took Lugol 12%

PERLOU said:
I still took Lugol this morning but I think stopped for 6 months to see if everything returns to normal as the last time ...

3 drops of 12% is obviously too much for you, Perlou. Try to find 5% and take only one drop, with some days off during the week. Or you could continue to take yours 12%, but only on weekend.

Merci Persej pour vos conseils, je vais arrêter pendant quelques temps avant de refaire une prise de sang dans 6 mois voir si tout revient en ordre comme l'année dernière...

Thank you Persej for your advice, I will stop for a while before re-taking a blood test in 6 months to see if everything comes back in order as last year ...

"It would be nice if someone who understands the math and concentrations and stuff, could build a definitive chart showing dosages based on condition, product and product strength. "

Wondering if anybody is interested yet. Math and chemistry are my trumps ;)
Making own solutions with different strength, I can easily build sucha table, especially since there are non-linear proportions percentages to mg's. For example, while 1 drop 5% lugola contains 6,25mg of iodine, one drop of the 10% solution contains 15,1mg of iodine.

Michał said:
"It would be nice if someone who understands the math and concentrations and stuff, could build a definitive chart showing dosages based on condition, product and product strength. "

Wondering if anybody is interested yet. Math and chemistry are my trumps ;)
Making own solutions with different strength, I can easily build sucha table, especially since there are non-linear proportions percentages to mg's. For example, while 1 drop 5% lugola contains 6,25mg of iodine, one drop of the 10% solution contains 15,1mg of iodine.

Michał,

I think that might be helpful to post. You could attach a text or .pdf with such a table and post one here or in other related threads. This is a huge amount of information in one thread and difficult to catch up with if you are just getting started. This is a work in progress and changes constantly so I doubt we will ever catch up with ourselves but we can "do the best" we can. There is an insert table button but I find it difficult to use for aligning text.

Michał said:

I think the quantity of iodine in Lugol's is a linear proportion to the percentage. 1 drop of 10% should contain about 12.5mg iodine.

_http://www.lugols.com/calculating.html
Calculating Number of MG's of Iodine and Iodide per Drop of Lugol's Solution: LUGOL'S 5%: Each VERTICAL "metric" drop (= 1/20ml) is approximately 2.5 mg of iodine and 5mg of potassium iodide. The Iodide portion of Potassium Iodide is about 75% so that is 3.75mg. Therefore the total Iodine plus Iodide is 2.5 + 3.75 = 6.25mg and 2 drops is about 12.50 mg's of iodine/iodide (5.0 mg iodine, 7.50 mg iodide).

Calculating Number of MG's of Iodine and Iodide per Drop of Lugol's Solution: LUGOL'S 2%: Each VERTICAL "metric" drop (= 1/20ml) is approximately 1.0 mg of iodine and 2.0 mg of potassium iodide. The Iodide portion of Potassium Iodide is about 75% so that is 1.5 mg. Therefore the total Iodine plus Iodide is 1.0 + 1.5 = 2.5 mg and 2 drops is about 5.0 mg's of iodine/iodide (2.0 mg iodine, 3.0 mg iodide).

Hi, all,
On this thread back on March 23, in reply 3171, Keyhole brought up the topic of Polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) as a factor that could wreak havoc with Iodine therapy, thyroid function and many other aspects of health.

I was fed on PUFAs from infancy until early adulthood, on the theory that they were healthier than animal fats. So, now in late middle age I am stuck with a whole lot of adipose tissue that is presumably full of PUFA. The minute stress strikes, or the minute I start to burn body fat, some unpleasant symptoms arise, presumably because my liver cannot handle it all.

I cannot take more than a drop of iodine every other day without getting headache, rashes, gastric discomfort. And I have been working on the iodine for fully 2 years now.

Can anyone suggest a protocol for flushing PUFA out of the body without getting really sick?

ka said:
Hi, all,
On this thread back on March 23, in reply 3171, Keyhole brought up the topic of Polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) as a factor that could wreak havoc with Iodine therapy, thyroid function and many other aspects of health.

I was fed on PUFAs from infancy until early adulthood, on the theory that they were healthier than animal fats. So, now in late middle age I am stuck with a whole lot of adipose tissue that is presumably full of PUFA. The minute stress strikes, or the minute I start to burn body fat, some unpleasant symptoms arise, presumably because my liver cannot handle it all.

I cannot take more than a drop of iodine every other day without getting headache, rashes, gastric discomfort. And I have been working on the iodine for fully 2 years now.

Can anyone suggest a protocol for flushing PUFA out of the body without getting really sick?

Hi ka,

Unfortunately there is no quick and easy way of depleting the body of it's stored PUFA. What can be done is strict removal of those fats, and low-dose vitamin E (from what I understand). 50-100IU of daily vitamin E (alpha tocopherol) for around 3-4 years with low PUFA intake should do the trick. It is a long process.

I would imagine that the effects you are experiencing from iodine are more likely related to bromine and other toxins being detoxified, rather than the PUFA.

Aside from PUFA, fat also accumulates many other toxins including metals and environmental pollutants. Therefore, when unpleasant symptoms arise from fat-burning it is likely a mixture of all of those things combined. Supporting the liver with a diet rich in fat soluble vitamins, enough good quality proteins, and antioxidants is important.

Keyhole,
Thankyou very much.

If that is the way, I am in the middle of it. It's just a long slog, I guess. But the result should be worth the trip.

I really appreciate your informed advice.

hlat said:
Michał said:

I think the quantity of iodine in Lugol's is a linear proportion to the percentage. 1 drop of 10% should contain about 12.5mg iodine.

_http://www.lugols.com/calculating.html
Calculating Number of MG's of Iodine and Iodide per Drop of Lugol's Solution: LUGOL'S 5%: Each VERTICAL "metric" drop (= 1/20ml) is approximately 2.5 mg of iodine and 5mg of potassium iodide. The Iodide portion of Potassium Iodide is about 75% so that is 3.75mg. Therefore the total Iodine plus Iodide is 2.5 + 3.75 = 6.25mg and 2 drops is about 12.50 mg's of iodine/iodide (5.0 mg iodine, 7.50 mg iodide).

Calculating Number of MG's of Iodine and Iodide per Drop of Lugol's Solution: LUGOL'S 2%: Each VERTICAL "metric" drop (= 1/20ml) is approximately 1.0 mg of iodine and 2.0 mg of potassium iodide. The Iodide portion of Potassium Iodide is about 75% so that is 1.5 mg. Therefore the total Iodine plus Iodide is 1.0 + 1.5 = 2.5 mg and 2 drops is about 5.0 mg's of iodine/iodide (2.0 mg iodine, 3.0 mg iodide).

No, the calculations are not precise, and based on false premise. The quantity of water per iodine decreases with power of solution, and the drop's weight increases. So there is no linear progress.
Below link to xls document, it can be opened by most of spreadsheets.

_http://46.170.78.162:8080/share.cgi?ssid=0Qz9eTS

Back
Top Bottom