Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I started drinking cinnamon tea, they say it's also good for Candida.

Have you tried any of the more classic yeast treatments, Persej? I'm thinking Oregano oil (very powerful, must be used with caution as it can kill good microbes as well), Undecenoic Acid, Caprylic Acid, Pau D'Arco, maybe Olive leaf; probably some combination of the above would be the most effective.

I haven't found Iodine to be very effective against fungal pathogens in general in my personal experience, and I think it's quite likely that many fungal pathogens can feed on it.

Have you tried any of the more classic yeast treatments, Persej? I'm thinking Oregano oil (very powerful, must be used with caution as it can kill good microbes as well), Undecenoic Acid, Caprylic Acid, Pau D'Arco, maybe Olive leaf; probably some combination of the above would be the most effective.

Yes, everything except Undecenoic Acid. For example, I tried coconut and MCT oils with no effect. In what form should I consume Undecenoic Acid? Castor oil?

I haven't found Iodine to be very effective against fungal pathogens in general in my personal experience, and I think it's quite likely that many fungal pathogens can feed on it.

Yes, quite possible.

I could order it later on, but can I use Castor oil for now?

I've used Castor oil before in various other ways, in some instances for yeast in specific organs, but I'm not sure if the potency is sufficient in some cases, so I really can't say one way or another. It may be worth a shot, but beyond that I don't know, nor do I know if the Undecenoic acid specifically will work either. Each one of those has been useful to me in various ways at various times, but I don't think any one of them is a silver bullet, nor even necessarily a combination of them.

I don't recall now if you've seen any alternative health practitioners already, but if you've done a lot of experimenting and still haven't gotten results (and oral thrush sounds like the results of a pretty nasty yeast infection to me, so it could be causing a whole host of symptoms, though there could always, and likely usually is in my mind, multiple things going on), then that'd be the course of action I'd suggest.

Which thread, old one or the new one?

I started drinking cinnamon tea, they say it's also good for Candida.

But I also want to test this iodine tincture because experiments show that it is much more potent than Lugol's. At least when it comes to bacteria and viruses. Here is one such experiment on milk bacteria: https://scholarworks.umass.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2547&context=theses

I've also read US Army study where they also confirmed that the more potassium iodide you have in iodine solution, the less killing effect you will have: https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/476804.pdf

So before returning to blue iodine experiments, I'm gonna stay some time on tincture and compare it to Lugol's. It is also interesting to see how it dissolves in water, especially in water with starch. It has quite different movement that Lugol's, much more lively. I don't know if that's because of ethanol or something else.

This one

I don't recall now if you've seen any alternative health practitioners already, but if you've done a lot of experimenting and still haven't gotten results (and oral thrush sounds like the results of a pretty nasty yeast infection to me, so it could be causing a whole host of symptoms, though there could always, and likely usually is in my mind, multiple things going on), then that'd be the course of action I'd suggest.

Yes, I've been to one and spent a lot of money with no results.

Persej, in the vit C thread there are interesting infos. I read all the documents attached (especially those provided by Gaby) and learned that vit C cures also Candida. Maybe you can get rid of Candida with vit C protocole? Using various tools can be more effective than using only one ;-)

I took this evening my standard dose of Vitamin C powder dissolved in water and fairly quickly got diarrhea. I never before got a diarrhea with that single dose. I don't know what that means. Perhaps Candida die-off symptom?

Yesterday I ate an orange and got a very bad reaction. Today I avoided fruits and dairy and had no problems with food.

I took this evening my standard dose of Vitamin C powder dissolved in water and fairly quickly got diarrhea. I never before got a diarrhea with that single dose. I don't know what that means. Perhaps Candida die-off symptom?

Yesterday I ate an orange and got a very bad reaction. Today I avoided fruits and dairy and had no problems with food.

If you can afford the liposomal C I think you could get a higher dosage with less side-effects.

If you can afford the liposomal C I think you could get a higher dosage with less side-effects.

Well, if this thing is my intestines than I think that I should drink the standard version. I don't mind the side-effects if this thing is gonna help with my problem. I could make the liposomal C but that didn't help me before. I will try to buy the castor oil tomorrow.

In that thread, did you see the protocole about enema? It can be something yo could consider. If you don't want enemas, then try lower and more frequent doses of oral vit C
Carnivore diet too. I'm trying this diet, and it resolved all my intestine problems, especially diarrhea (among many other benefits)

In that thread, did you see the protocole about enema? It can be something yo could consider. If you don't want enemas, then try lower and more frequent doses of oral vit C

Yes, I saw it and it sounds interesting, although I would like to hear more personal experiences. I did felt a benefit with probiotic enema, when I did it before, so I do think that enemas can be helpful.

Last edited:
I just went to re-order Lugol's Iodine 5% and it seems like it has vanished off Amazon. :shock: :-/ :nuts: (All old product links to 5% are 404'd.)

2% iodine bottles remain.

The 5% solution is also still available on their website, but the two 2 ounce bottles of 2% is more cost effective.

And speaking of cost effective, I recently purchased the Carlyle brand of Lugol's and it's the same thing but a good bit cheaper than JCrow. The only problem is that their shipping packaging is rather poor, so one of the two bottles I bought arrived broken. Talked to Amazon via their chat feature and they gave me a full refund, so be aware that there is a potential for that to happen if you go with that brand.

Back
Top Bottom