Iodine and Potassium Iodide

hlat said:
FYI people in the US cannot buy at retail Lugol's over 5% and over 1 ounce due to DEA recordkeeping regulations.

_http://www.jcrows.com/iodinealert.html
Lugol's Solution is a 5 percent aqueous solution of iodine in combination with 10 percent potassium iodide.
Because of the numerous legitimate uses and small quantities involved, DEA is adding a provision to this final rule that will exempt Lugol's Solution when packaged in bottles/containers of one-fluid-ounce (30 ml) or smaller, and involve distribution of only a single package per transaction.

I am getting discouraged in making my own Lugol's because I am not finding a supplier with a certificate of analysis for USP grade iodine and potassium iodide. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions in finding such a supplier?

As an alternative, I am considering buying a 5 gallon container of 2% Lugol's. That's $689.95 for 640 ounces, or $1.08 per ounce.
_http://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/5gallonbulkdrumwithspigotlugolssolution2includesshipping.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013Q1Y514

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NAD3N3K

istina said:
Konstantin said:
Problem is that they refuse to give me more informations about concentration and purity.They say its their company secret.

A few days ago, I tried the same as you Konstantin, and I found one forum about iodine where were mentioned two manufacturers here in Croatia - Gram-mol i Kemig:
_http://slobodni.net/t114853/

I sent the query to Gram-mol, but so far I have not received response. They have these products which I suppose could be used for Lugol's:

_http://www.gram-mol.com/programp.php?page=3

-iodine N/50-no mark of purity (Jod N/50)
-iodine resublimated p.a. (Jod resublimiran-p.a.)
-potassium iodide neutral p.a. (Kalijev jodid neutralni p.a.)

If they do not respond, I'll call them on the phone. Someone at that forum mentioned above, also said that he could not get a clear answer about the purity and whether it is for oral use,but one guy said that he buys there .

Toda22 said:
If something has not changed in last couple years, purity you ask for should be P.A purity (pro analysis, that is grade foreseen for human consumption).

Thank you Toda for explanation about p.a., I wondered what it means. So those are potentially good products, if they are willing to sell it.

As i can see, if the seller " cant tell you the purity ant other details" about solution then its best to avoid it.Either they know its not for a human consumption bit they want to sell it, or they have get it from some other supplier the same way and they are just selling it. I`ll stay away from them.

Thanks for finding this ''miracle’’ cure.

If I understood it correctly, to avoid symptoms and to detox properly, intake of the following is necessary before consuming Iodine

Selenium:
Magnesium:
Vitamin C
Vitamins B2/B3 (ATP CoFactors)
Unrefined Sea Salt

Finding the right teaspoon dose of iodine is a matter of self-discovery. It depends on how much you can handle.

Will order Browstein Iodine ebook.

[quote author=Bo]For dutch people: You can get Lugol 5% (1 drop ~ 6,25 mg) here for a cheap price:

https://www.ergomax.nl/medisca-lugols-jodium-iodine-oplossing[/quote]

Thanks Bo,

It contains the 3 essential ingredients, distilled water, iodine and potassium idoide

The warning states: Verplichte melding van de VWA: Let op! Dit product is vanwege de hoge jodiumconcentraties niet geschikt voor inname (Obligatory notification: Be aware: Because of the high percentage of iodine not meant for consumption.)

I suppose they always have to notify people with that warning when symptoms can occur. The ingredients and the percentage match. So it should be the right medicine.

Here you can buy 5 kilo of unrefined sea salt. You probable have to crush it before drinking.

https://www.vitaminstore.eu/health/algemeen/speciale-voeding/Celtic-Sea-Salt-Grof-voordeelverpakking/P260283?gclid=Cj0KEQiA-NqyBRC905irsrLr-LUBEiQAWJFYTj7ppCo10T9DeTyyIWyXJwvR-ZtKzNtiFxy-A89TTSsaAtCH8P8HAQ

Lilou said:
How many mg/day have you been taking? And for how long?

I started on the 15th with 12.5mg and on the 19th I upped the dose to 10 drops. I thought I was doing 50mg/day, but not, I was doing 38mg. Yesterday I did 50mg, but today I'm lowering the dose a bit, drink more salted water and support the liver.

It does look like every single drop counts when it comes to detox.

bjorn said:
It contains the 3 essential ingredients, distilled water, iodine and potassium idoide

The warning states: Verplichte melding van de VWA: Let op! Dit product is vanwege de hoge jodiumconcentraties niet geschikt voor inname (Obligatory notification: Be aware: Because of the high percentage of iodine not meant for consumption.)

I suppose they always have to notify people with that warning when symptoms can occur. The ingredients and the percentage match. So it should be the right medicine.

Yes, in Germany, they write something like "for external use only, or as prescribed by your health care provider", basically saying "don't take it". It's a sign of the times that they write warnings like that on a basic, "natural" product, while it's apparently okay to ingest all those toxic "regular" drugs... :rolleyes:

Merci pour tous vos partages...
MusicMan : Merci pour votre attention, ce n’est pas une cuillère à soupe mais à café et plutôt ½ voire 3/4de sel de Guérande en attendant le sel Celtique que j’ai commandé hier sur Amazone.
Chu, comment allez vous ?... J'ai commandé hier l'Acide L Ascorbique ainsi que du sel Celtique sur Amazone...
Pour le se,l 1/2 ou 3/4 cuillère à café dans un verre d'eau mais la cuillère Acide L Ascorbique que vous m'avez recommandée, faut-il la prendre dans de l'eau aussi ?...
Ma deuxième journée c'est passée toute seule, sans aucune différence sauf qu'avec une goutte de vinaigre de cidre dans un verre d'eau + 5 gouttes Iodine Lugol 15%, je n'ai plus ressenti le goût désagréable et plus non plus de sensations bizarres à son passage das mon œsophage et estomac...
Ce matin, également, rien à signaler, tout va bien, aucun effet secondaire...

Thank you for all your shares ...
MusicMan: Thanks for your attention, it's not a tablespoon but rather coffee and ½ or 3 / 4out sea salt until the salt Celtic yesterday I ordered on Amazon.
Chu, how are you? ... I ordered yesterday Ascorbic Acid L and the Celtic salt on Amazon ...
For him, the 1/2 or 3/4 teaspoon in a glass of water but the spoon Acid L Ascorbic you recommended me, should we take in water too? ...
My second day is spent alone, without any difference except that with a drop of cider vinegar in a glass of water 5 drops Lugol Iodine 15%, I no longer felt the unpleasant taste and not over odd sensations in its passage das my esophagus and stomach ...
This morning also, nothing to report, hopefully, no side effects ...

High blood pressure

Be aware that if you take iodine in the morning - I took 21.7mg Lugols 2% - it can show at the doctor, who is taking your blood pressure. 160/105 for me. I took a pinch of salt at 07:10am and washed it down with little water then after 10 minutes I took the iodine again with little water, because I was in a hurry, eating nothing of course. I felt like a powerhouse, bicycling around the city. No vertigo, no balance problems, no tiredness while waiting for long for the doc, standing in one place (reading), didn't need to fidget, no joints (hips) were hurting, felt no need to sit and I felt noticeably better than before iodine!!

Poor doc's assistant taking my blood pressure:
- Okay...uh.. , lets take it again.. - when she was done: - Hmm.. I thought the machine was faulty!

:D

I could care less of my blood pressure, doing two (fasted) sprinting exercises per week with 5x increased amount of gymnastics, when I have no heart palpitations anymore, my heart isn't racing while racing back and forth on the bicycle and had to ask the doc, when filling out the drivers license renew form:
- Does it count that I last fainted in high school at 18 standing in line on a warm, unaired corridor during celebrations?

References:
http://pharmacistben.com/health/clearing-up-the-iodine-confusion/
http://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1762974
http://www.livestrong.com/article/505335-can-taking-iodine-cause-health-problems/

PERLOU said:
Thank you for all your shares ...
MusicMan: Thanks for your attention, it's not a tablespoon but rather coffee and ½ or 3 / 4out sea salt until the salt Celtic yesterday I ordered on Amazon.
Chu, how are you? ... I ordered yesterday Ascorbic Acid L and the Celtic salt on Amazon ...
For him, the 1/2 or 3/4 teaspoon in a glass of water but the spoon Acid L Ascorbic you recommended me, should we take in water too? ...
My second day is spent alone, without any difference except that with a drop of cider vinegar in a glass of water 5 drops Lugol Iodine 15%, I no longer felt the unpleasant taste and not over odd sensations in its passage das my esophagus and stomach ...
This morning also, nothing to report, hopefully, no side effects ...

As has been mentioned numerous times, unless you have some sort of chronic condition, you should begin gently. Taking 5 drops of 15% is a bit much and is not a gentle beginning. You should begin with one drop a day and build up slowly, perhaps stopping the increase when you feel optimal.

lilies said:
High blood pressure

Be aware that if you take iodine in the morning - I took 21.7mg Lugols 2% - it can show at the doctor, who is taking your blood pressure. 160/105 for me. I took a pinch of salt at 07:10am and washed it down with little water then after 10 minutes I took the iodine again with little water, because I was in a hurry, eating nothing of course. I felt like a powerhouse, bicycling around the city. No vertigo, no balance problems, no tiredness while waiting for long for the doc, standing in one place (reading), didn't need to fidget, no joints (hips) were hurting, felt no need to sit and I felt noticeably better than before iodine!!

A pinch of salt, being 1/16th of a teaspoonful, probably isn't a sufficient dose to clear out toxins released by the Iodine. 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of salt in 8oz warm water twice a day is preferable, depending on your tolerance. Also, taking the salt water at least one hour after the iodine is recommended, as well as taking iodine with food to minimize any potential gastric upset. Not sure whether making these changes would help with the elevated blood pressure, but it would be interesting to see.

Timótheos said:
lilies said:
High blood pressure

A pinch of salt, being 1/16th of a teaspoonful, probably isn't a sufficient dose to clear out toxins released by the Iodine. 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of salt in 8oz warm water twice a day is preferable, depending on your tolerance. Also, taking the salt water at least one hour after the iodine is recommended, as well as taking iodine with food to minimize any potential gastric upset. Not sure whether making these changes would help with the elevated blood pressure, but it would be interesting to see.
I have been taking iodine for the past month, initially with the equivalent of four drops of Lugols 15% and for the past week at seven drops with the recommended salt water doses and timing. I have noticed an increase in the daily (evening) readings of my level of blood pressure, although a lowering of the air temperature may be a factor in the increased reading levels also. However, it does look as if, initially, as detoxing is taking place blood pressure is increased.

lilies said:
High blood pressure

Poor doc's assistant taking my blood pressure:
- Okay...uh.. , lets take it again.. - when she was done: - Hmm.. I thought the machine was faulty!

:D

I could care less of my blood pressure, doing two (fasted) sprinting exercises per week with 5x increased amount of gymnastics, when I have no heart palpitations anymore, my heart isn't racing while racing back and forth on the bicycle and had to ask the doc, when filling out the drivers license renew form:
- Does it count that I last fainted in high school at 18 standing in line on a warm, unaired corridor during celebrations?

Don't know if you have read or comprehended the WHY of the salt and what it does. I would certainly like to see people getting educated and aware and doing things comprehensively and efficiently rather than seeing some of the hit or miss approach that comes across from what some of ya'll do rather than engage in the work of understanding before doing.

As to the fainting... probably hypoglycemia.

This thread is a gold mine!

I just ordered a 5% Lugol's Iodine solution.

It's available in Canada from Heiltropfen Labs via Amazon.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with this protocol.

Thank-you, everybody, for sharing this information!

Hi everyone. I didnt write for a while for various reasons. I just read sott news site and found this article about Iodine therapy.
I am gonna try it of course but I just got an idea which I want to share and which might be quite effective.
I read this aricle _http://drsircus.com/medicine/iodine/iodine-dosages and it says in one of paragraphs that it is a good idea to put Iodine into nebulizer to support treating of lung cancer - theres when I realized important point.
At the moment I am trying to limit my cigarette smoking (2 packs a day) with this weird electronic e-cig (no worries , under 5 Volts system so no formaldehyde there) I figured that this could be turned into quite effective tool for vaping various things ... like Iodine for example because Iodine is one of elements that sublimates. We also know that inhalation is very efficient way to deliver chemicals into our bodies.
I am currently thinking about a mix of Iodine+something that would work with e-cigarette.
Let me know what do you think ?
Blind corner ? or maybe thing worth developing ?

J’ai la fibromyalgie depuis plus de 16 ans, J’ai lu pratiquement tous les articles et commentaires sur l’iode et les compléments en vitamines mais je commence à m’y perdre. J’ai besoin d’aide, je ne veux pas faire d’erreur dans le protocole.
Est-ce que ceci est correct pour moi ? :
1 verre d’eau chaude salée (j’ai déjà commencé ce matin)
2 gouttes d’iode à 2% et par la suite + si les intrus s’agitent un peu trop
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00IUMB7PM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
1 cp Super vitamine B complexe
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00BL8F7Q2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Je voudrai commencer le sevrage de glucide et de gluten, est-ce qu’il y a des fruits que je ne devrais pas manger ? Etant donné que mon fils ma offert des fruitiers (2Pommiers, 1cerisier, 1 abricotier, 1 mirabellier) qu’on a planté en début du mois novembre et j’ai aussi 2 poiriers et qu’ensuite je ne les mange pas ça risque de lui faire mal au cœur parce qu’il était vraiment heureux quand on les a planté.
Est-ce que je dois attendre d’être sevrée des glucides et du gluten avant de faire le protocole ?
J’espère ne pas vous ennuyez avec mes questions.

I have the fibromyalgia for more than 16 years, I read practically all the articles and the comments on the iodine and the complements in vitamins but I begin to get lost there. I need help, I do not want to make of error in the protocol.
Is this correct for me?:
1 glass of salty(steep) hot water (I have already begun this morning)
2 drops(gouts) of iodine in 2 % and afterward + if the intruders stir a little too much
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00IUMB7PM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
1 cp Great vitamin B complex
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00BL8F7Q2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Will I want to begin the weaning of glucid and of gluten, are there fruits which I should not eat? Since my son my offered fruit-lofts (2Pommiers, 1cerisier, 1 apricot tree, 1mirabellier) which one planted at the beginning of the month November and I have also 2 pear trees and that then I do not eat them that is likely to make him nausea because it was really happy when they were planted.
Do I have to wait to be separated glucids and gluten before making the protocol?
I hope not you do not annoy with my questions.

Laura said:
As to the fainting... probably hypoglycemia.

A week ago my wife, whose taking 3 drops of 5% Iodine, had a bout of diarrhea and also fainting. After taking some electrolytes she has perked right up and now takes the Iodine in a small glass of water plus the powdered electrolytes. The fainting is gone but the diarrhea still is intermittent; possibly something else going on in her GI.

Back
Top Bottom