Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I still haven´t got Brownstein´s book but read this thread, listened the recommended videos about iodine and now I´m reading both pdf book and guide stated by Laura. This morning I´ve been searching on internet a side effect of iodine which would match with mine without success.

On Monday I started the protocol with 12,5 gr iodine with cofactors and salt water and within seconds I felt immediately its prodigious lasting effects.

Today is my third day and my stool shows a pale yellowish floating aspect, although well-shaped and doesn´t show sign of undigested food at first sight.

I very rarely got diarrhea and no constipation at all, had no issue with fat digestion with KD, but still, I must say I´m a little bit anxious because I feel somewhat like 35 years ago when a got jaundice. And liver is a serious thing, adding to this I´m 60. Maybe taking also some ox bile and milk thistle is the ticket to go to support the liver, and drinking much more water. I don´t know if there is anything else, maybe Dr.Brownstein or somebody else mentioned this kind of side effect? I don´t remember right now having read about it. Anyway today I´ll take only 7,5 gr and see tomorrow how it goes, unless you´d advise otherwise.

Konstantin said:
The biggest chemical industry in the country here, is selling Lugols for a very good price , 5 Eur for 100 ml.
Problem is that they refuse to give me more informations about concentration and purity.They say its their company secret . At first i feel happy that i found a good source from where i can buy Lugols , but i cant use their solution.I dont have any informations about it.Only thing that they said is that its for a laboratory use.

Lugol's by definition should contain only distilled water iodine and potassium idoide, its widley used in in medical dagnostical labs as stain . Perhaps you should ask them only to confirm that their lugol's contains these ingredients and nothing else. However, that is standard price of 1% solution so perhaps you can find a better deal.

hesperides said:
Today is my third day and my stool shows a pale yellowish floating aspect, although well-shaped and doesn´t show sign of undigested food at first sight.

It seems others have noticed it too:

_http://vitamintester.blogspot.com.es/2012/01/lugols-solution-iodine.html
During other bumps in my road to recovery I've noticed that a few drops of iodine on a empty stomach actually helped to keep my stools a browner color when they kept coming out yellow. I attribute this to excess iodine passing through the bile in the liver and bile ducts where it works to sterilize them. Since yellow stools are a sign that your liver isn't producing enough bile I believe the iodine was disinfecting the liver. I also think this is the main reason why iodine is so effective. Because it sterilizes the bile preventing reinfection or retoxification.

_https://foodstoavoidwithibs18.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/the-use-of-iodine-in-wound-care/

* Yellow Stool: This variety of stool can be discovered in men and women with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux illness). Normally bacterial infection in the intestines leads to yellow stool.

Perhaps part of the detox reaction? In any case, I would support the liver with milk thistle, NAC and ALA.

Konstantin said:
Problem is that they refuse to give me more informations about concentration and purity.They say its their company secret.

It is a strange secret because if it is real Lugol (only I, KI and distilled water; the production is very very easy, no catalyst are needed or difficulties are expected) any laboratory could easy find out the percentages of components. When exact kind ingredients are known and the production requires no special procedure or catalysts, there are almost no secrets.

Konstantin, perhaps at a pharmacy (especially those who do not only sell products but also have their own production and use chemicals) you may ask to buy components so that you self (or they) may prepare the solution?
Purity is important. You may ask for “technical/analitical data sheet” of components to read about their quality.
With exact measures I, KI and distilled water it is easy to prepare Lugol. In that case, do not use metal things while preparation and storage.

Toda22 said:
Konstantin said:
Problem is that they refuse to give me more informations about concentration and purity.They say its their company secret.

It is a strange secret because if it is real Lugol (only I, KI and distilled water; the production is very very easy, no catalyst are needed or difficulties are expected) any laboratory could easy find out the percentages of components. When exact kind ingredients are known and the production requires no special procedure or catalysts, there are almost no secrets.

Konstantin, perhaps at a pharmacy (especially those who do not only sell products but also have their own production and use chemicals) you may ask to buy components so that you self (or they) may prepare the solution?
Purity is important. You may ask for “technical/analitical data sheet” of components to read about their quality.
With exact measures I, KI and distilled water it is easy to prepare Lugol. In that case, do not use metal things while preparation and storage.

Yes, i know its a pretty simple to produce Lugols solution, but i cant get any informations from them. They said only that the solution is meant to be used for laboratory purposes. So i dont want to put that in my body , without knowing more details about it. They even dont want to tell me the concentration :umm:
And at local small pharmacies i can get only Betadine, nothing more. Most of them just sell drugs. In the past there were some pharmacies that can produce some simple solutions, but not today.
I`m still reading the book from Dr Brownstein, so i hope that i can find a good place from where i can buy or order Lugols solution.

Konstantin said:
Yes, i know its a pretty simple to produce Lugols solution, but i cant get any informations from them. They said only that the solution is meant to be used for laboratory purposes. So i dont want to put that in my body , without knowing more details about it. They even dont want to tell me the concentration :umm:

How about telling them "Too bad, you are about to lose a big customer for your lack of information. I was going to order a lot, and so were a thousand or so users of an online forum I am a part of, which researches iodine protocols and was very interested in your product. Way to do business! As a serious seller, you should be able to tell customers the content of the product they wish to buy. This is ridiculous. Oh well, I'll find another source." Or something like that, and see what they do? :evil: Or make a stink, give them a bad review, whatever. If they don't change their ridiculous "secret", at least you will have warned others.

Chu said:
Konstantin said:

How about telling them "Too bad, you are about to lose a big customer for your lack of information. I was going to order a lot, and so were a thousand or so users of an online forum I am a part of, which researches iodine protocols and was very interested in your product. Way to do business! As a serious seller, you should be able to tell customers the content of the product they wish to buy. This is ridiculous. Oh well, I'll find another source." Or something like that, and see what they do? :evil: Or make a stink, give them a bad review, whatever. If they don't change their ridiculous "secret", at least you will have warned others.
I already did it.:)
I also write one one Macedonian group about natural remedies from where i get their name at first place.I write that their solution is unchecked and unproven for oral and trans dermal consumption because they dont tell the concentration of the solution to their customers. The only thing that i get from them is that their Lugols Solution is for " Clinical biochemical and laboratory use"
I dont want to waste more energy on them. I1ll find a better source to buy Lugols.

Gaby said:
hesperides said:

It seems others have noticed it too:

_http://vitamintester.blogspot.com.es/2012/01/lugols-solution-iodine.html
During other bumps in my road to recovery I've noticed that a few drops of iodine on a empty stomach actually helped to keep my stools a browner color when they kept coming out yellow. I attribute this to excess iodine passing through the bile in the liver and bile ducts where it works to sterilize them. Since yellow stools are a sign that your liver isn't producing enough bile I believe the iodine was disinfecting the liver. I also think this is the main reason why iodine is so effective. Because it sterilizes the bile preventing reinfection or retoxification.

_https://foodstoavoidwithibs18.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/the-use-of-iodine-in-wound-care/

* Yellow Stool: This variety of stool can be discovered in men and women with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux illness). Normally bacterial infection in the intestines leads to yellow stool.

Perhaps part of the detox reaction? In any case, I would support the liver with milk thistle, NAC and ALA.

I´ll follow your tips Gaby, thank you so much. I don´t think I've GERD as I never had reflux. The first option makes sense and I´ll follow the same procedure in case the yellowish color insists in following a new fashion in my toilet.

I also had problems to get Lugol two years ago. Finally in the fifth pharmacy, after seeing me frustrated asking and a lot of explaining (I know what I am preparing… I know about the consumption in drops… I want to do parasite cleansing but I have no black walnut extract…) the pharmacist agreed and ordered I and KI.

Idea: maybe you know somebody in chemistry, at a farming company or in food industry? They should be able to order those components – at least for disinfection purpose. If something has not changed in last couple years, purity you ask for should be P.A purity (pro analysis, that is grade foreseen for human consumption).

Good luck in your search :)

Konstantin said:
The only thing that i get from them is that their Lugols Solution is for " Clinical biochemical and laboratory use"

In general you should always try to get "pharmaceutical grade" stuff (USP/EP). The "lab stuff" (RA) is often not purified enough and might have some chemicals in there that you don't want to swallow.

So, yes, I agree: Better to find another source.

Konstantin said:
Toda22 said:
Konstantin said:

And at local small pharmacies i can get only Betadine, nothing more. Most of them just sell drugs. In the past there were some pharmacies that can produce some simple solutions, but not today.
I`m still reading the book from Dr Brownstein, so i hope that i can find a good place from where i can buy or order Lugols solution.
Perhaps helps, link:
https://translate.google.hr/translate?sl=hr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=hr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Falternativa-za-vas.com%2Findex.php%2Fclanak%2Farticle%2Flugolova-otopina&edit-text=

Such good information provided by everyone! I'm looking forward to my products arriving next week so I may join in on this exciting, group endeavor.

Trendsetter37, thanks for the heads up on the need to see verification of purity on the chemicals purchased for making ones own. I will be making this in the future and will need to find that good source. Someone listed a site on ebay (thanks, but forgot your name :shock:) but haven't checked to closely there for purity etc.

Divide by Zero, Cute story on the iodine family and those disruptive Halides in the movie theater, also helpful. Thanks

Chu, oh dear! That sounds very disturbing. Thankfully things are settling down now. Your experience, although troubling does have its positive sides of course. Your healing and detoxing and also you have alerted many what can happen on high doses. A great need to take it slowly to avoid this sort of thing. I wouldn't want a tooth(?) abscess forming either. So your sharing has been quite helpful to me.

I have been taking iodine for months now thinking I was doing well with this......NOT!!!! :( I've been taking "TraceMinerals" ionic iodine 225 mcg and very careful to only take the 3 drops recommended per day! What a farce! Obviously this is doing next to nothing. So a good lesson for me to do the research first and I am doing that now.

I have purchased Dr. Brownsteins book along with these other products.

Lugol's Iodine / 5% Solution / 2 Oz $15.99 plus shipping. Seems like a decent deal for 2 oz. and the info provided by the manufacturer looks good along with reviews. BUT they dont have a website nor other info I could find on the company "Professor Fuller". a okay start for now, I think. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PTQRAYE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Sherpa Pink Gourmet Himalayan Salt, 5lbs Fine Grain. $16.99. A better price then the Real Salt possibly. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVJI7KI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

BulkSupplements Pure Glycine Powder (1 Kilogram) $23.96. The supplier for this looks good with many other bulk products at reasonable prices. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EOXU0MM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Iodine is a very important "key" element in good health and one most people know nothing about. So I'm educating myself and then I can pass this along to others. Heres to blasting holes in the "frequency fence" !!!! Crucial information.

Konstantin said:

A few days ago, I tried the same as you Konstantin, and I found one forum about iodine where were mentioned two manufacturers here in Croatia - Gram-mol i Kemig:
_http://slobodni.net/t114853/

I sent the query to Gram-mol, but so far I have not received response. They have these products which I suppose could be used for Lugol's:

_http://www.gram-mol.com/programp.php?page=3

-iodine N/50-no mark of purity (Jod N/50)
-iodine resublimated p.a. (Jod resublimiran-p.a.)
-potassium iodide neutral p.a. (Kalijev jodid neutralni p.a.)

If they do not respond, I'll call them on the phone. Someone at that forum mentioned above, also said that he could not get a clear answer about the purity and whether it is for oral use,but one guy said that he buys there .

Toda22 said:
If something has not changed in last couple years, purity you ask for should be P.A purity (pro analysis, that is grade foreseen for human consumption).

Thank you Toda for explanation about p.a., I wondered what it means. So those are potentially good products, if they are willing to sell it.

I'm thinking of including probiotics and resistant starch to help combat the diarrhea. Do ya'll think this is a decent decision or is it just unnecessary messing with the protocol, adding extra variables?

Back
Top Bottom