Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Carl said:
I relate to this so much. It's some kind of "normie syndrome". I notice this quite often, especially people my age, with all the god awful food, heavy drinking 4 nights a week, and generally a huge level of toxic exposure, and a lot of them just seem to function fine, get on with things, always have enough energy, have pretty stable personalities etc. Who knows? But after a long health-seeking journey I am starting to catch up with them, so it's good to see that our pursuits are working at least.

I think I know how these 'normies' will end up, but maybe it's just me: In hospital, sick, tired, being poisoned with more chemicals and living in what appears to be some sort of programmed alternative universe. I get to work with these people. They don't want to listen to alternative explanations. They're not interested in 'information' unless it comes from an 'authoritarian' source. They don't want to make up their minds about anything, they want to be told. Some of them don't even realise there are consequences for their lifestyle choices and most especially their ignorance. Some of them don't realise that it's already too late.

These are the people who expect the 'magic stick' treatment to 'fix' them. It's depressing. And it's like talking to a brick wall.

Perceval:
Others have also mentioned feeling emotional as a result of the iodine. I don't think I mentioned it but the morning after my episode I cried pretty hard for a while, for the state of the world, the suffering and all things I had done to hurt others in my life. I still have some symptoms of my nerves feeling 'frayed' and periodic little emotional 'pangs'.
(In the morning i take the Lugol's, after sea salt in a warm cup of water, ascorbic acid in the afternoon, and magnesium
before to go to bed, i don't use co-factors)
I started to take Lugol's 12% there 're 5 weeks ago, with one drop until that i stabilized to 4 drops, i felt more light and happy than usually
The 10th day i tried with 5 drops, some hours after i started to have headache, dizziness, and painful stomachache,
after passing two times to the toilets, and a nap of 2 hours, i recuperated and was fine and "fresh".
The days after i kept on 4 drops, i was more easily tired body/mind, but nothing really bad.

One week after i think, casi immediatly in awaking in the morning, i started to have sticky and tough calf cramps.
The second morning, the same cramps that surprised me, again!!!
Before to sleep i focused to not move and stretch automatically my body when i will wake up.
So in this third morning, the calf cramps were always to the rendez-vous, and knowing this i arrived to have a little
more control on them.
And it was the last morning that i had this calf cramps.

All continuing my way with the 4 drops.
Until there're almost 2 weeks i started to feel a tough burning in my elbow, ribs and one ankle, only in the little morning
it was painful, but 2 days after, i started to down in a loop of melancholia, deep sadness, cryings
and i passed few days in this loop, where i was facing to some sufferings knots buried somewhere in my inconscious,
it was pretty miserable, but i let it come and go... At the end of this loop i felt appeased, and more.
After that the feeling of burning is gone too, all these part of my body were all old wounds that i never took the time
to heal fine since the beginning. And the ice/cold shower help for the both.
Also during this period i alternated moment that i ate like a crazy, and moment i fasted.

I live alone, in a isolated country full of trees, birds and deers, so a part of me instinctively took me out to "be".
And to "be" in this "nature" that i know a little help me a lot.

For now i am little off, but it depends on me to gallop the horse, so it's great!
I stopped for awhile to take iodine, i will start again and this time i will be more conscious and in the same time
let the nature make his job.

My 2 drops of Lugol's. :)

[quote author=Carl]and a lot of them just seem to function fine, get on with things, always have enough energy, have pretty stable personalities etc. Who knows?[/quote]

Clearly not enough will or energy to challenge their belief system ? Ignoring the horrible state of our world does not imply functioning just fine if you ask me.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

- Jiddu Krishnamurti

I'm observing and thinking about all these reactions and tracking my own. I took pretty high doses at the beginning for about a week, like 8 drops twice a day of 12% lugols along with a capsule of 130mg potassium iodide. Then I dropped the potassium iodide and dropped down to just 8 drops of lugols once a day. Then dropped again to three drops. This was when I started having the cramps in various places, mostly legs. So, I upped the minerals (multi-mineral iron free) and took some extra potassium and, of course, the salt water. That fixed the cramps.

At this point, we did the muscle testing and 7 drops was indicated. So, I did 7 drops one day, 3 the next, then up to 5 again, just experimenting a bit to see how different amounts made me feel. (And taking the minerals, too.) I had a headache yesterday and last night.

My dreams have been really vivid and I went through a couple days of depression.

I can't decide if unpleasant symptoms are due to detoxing or to just too much iodine. It seems that the muscle cramps come from depletion of minerals and that might happen if the iodine/KI stimulates a lot of detoxing. When bad metals are hanging out in the body occupying the places of good minerals, and they get swept out, that might cause the symptoms of mineral loss. And in some cases, the detoxing of heavy metals can be rather unpleasant and dramatic as many have learned doing DMSA detoxes.

Perceval's reaction was quite distressing for all of us here. Naturally, he consulted the doctor, had a bunch of blood tests and a scan of his thyroid but everything seemed to be normal. So, what the heck caused his symptoms? Was it purely and simply a massive metal detox that was amped up because of his naturally fast metabolism?

What about others? Are we seeing here the claimed effects of iodine cleaning house and some people are more toxified with heavy metals than others? Or what?

We notice the amplification of emotions - that seems to be related to the hormones produced in the endocrine system. Lot of peeps are noticing that they are dreaming more, sleeping differently; that, too, is related to hormone systems. We all know how crazy puberty is, when hormones come online in fits and starts; and women know well the issues of monthly PMS with hormone fluctuations. Are these systems getting a housecleaning? Beginning to chug back online after years of being suppressed with heavy metals that reside in the endocrine systems preferentially? Are we seeing what happens when people's connections with "higher realities" start really plugging in?

I dunno. Whatever it is, it needs to be handled with caution.

I haven't suffered much except from the cramps and I've got that managed. But my energy is way better; mental clarity is better; dreams increased and remembering them. But I have had some sleepless nights and have had to resort to Benadryl a couple times to sleep enough. I've had a few headaches. Today, I'll do three drops and a 32.8 mg KI (I seem to need that along with other minerals to prevent the cramps) and then tomorrow four, then the next day five, and see what happens. I guess I'm sort of stalking any heavy metals that might be lurking. And if I were to get sick like catching a cold or whatever, I think I'd up the dose to 8 drops twice a day again instead of taking other meds.

But everyone has to stalk their own physiology and work out what is going on step by step. Consult with your physician if needed. Get some tests run if you are unsure.

And yeah, I think that peeps who may be born with certain abilities may also have certain physiological difficulties too. That needs to be considered.

I'm in the 5th week of taking 2,2% Lugol's. Started with 5 drops, no significant side effects except slight hart beat increase and trouble with falling a sleep for the first few nights. Continued for the next 3 weeks with noticed rising in energy level and overall feeling good. On the 4th week increased dose to 7 drops, hart beat elevation noticed again, but this time it was more pronounced, having difficulties with falling a sleep. Pause and going back to 5 drops.

It seams that in my case 5 drops of 2,2% Lugol's (13,75mg Iodine total) is upper limit for now so I'm going to stay at further.

Two things that I've noticed worth mentioning is that for the last few years I have noticed increase of Raynaud's symptoms, especially when outside temperatures goes bellow 5 C or after cold showers. Since the last few weeks temperatures were between 0 and +5C and although my hands are still cold it seams that Raynaund's effect with white numb fingers didn't appear. I'm gonna wait for real chill and see how that will go. Second positive thing is that for the last year or two I've also experienced increase in chronic right hip joint pain which gave me real trouble after long drives. So last weekend I made around 800km siting in the car for hours and just after I've returned home realized that I'm not troubled with hip.

So far this protocol is doing something in my case, we'll see how the Spring will turn out when birch wakes up.

Laura said:
I'm observing and thinking about all these reactions and tracking my own. I took pretty high doses at the beginning for about a week, like 8 drops twice a day of 12% lugols along with a capsule of 130mg potassium iodide. Then I dropped the potassium iodide and dropped down to just 8 drops of lugols once a day. Then dropped again to three drops. This was when I started having the cramps in various places, mostly legs. So, I upped the minerals (multi-mineral iron free) and took some extra potassium and, of course, the salt water. That fixed the cramps.

At this point, we did the muscle testing and 7 drops was indicated. So, I did 7 drops one day, 3 the next, then up to 5 again, just experimenting a bit to see how different amounts made me feel. (And taking the minerals, too.) I had a headache yesterday and last night.

My dreams have been really vivid and I went through a couple days of depression.

I can't decide if unpleasant symptoms are due to detoxing or to just too much iodine. It seems that the muscle cramps come from depletion of minerals and that might happen if the iodine/KI stimulates a lot of detoxing. When bad metals are hanging out in the body occupying the places of good minerals, and they get swept out, that might cause the symptoms of mineral loss. And in some cases, the detoxing of heavy metals can be rather unpleasant and dramatic as many have learned doing DMSA detoxes.

Perceval's reaction was quite distressing for all of us here. Naturally, he consulted the doctor, had a bunch of blood tests and a scan of his thyroid but everything seemed to be normal. So, what the heck caused his symptoms? Was it purely and simply a massive metal detox that was amped up because of his naturally fast metabolism?

What about others? Are we seeing here the claimed effects of iodine cleaning house and some people are more toxified with heavy metals than others? Or what?

We notice the amplification of emotions - that seems to be related to the hormones produced in the endocrine system. Lot of peeps are noticing that they are dreaming more, sleeping differently; that, too, is related to hormone systems. We all know how crazy puberty is, when hormones come online in fits and starts; and women know well the issues of monthly PMS with hormone fluctuations. Are these systems getting a housecleaning? Beginning to chug back online after years of being suppressed with heavy metals that reside in the endocrine systems preferentially? Are we seeing what happens when people's connections with "higher realities" start really plugging in?

I haven't suffered much except from the cramps and I've got that managed. But my energy is way better; mental clarity is better; dreams increased and remembering them. But I have had some sleepless nights and have had to resort to Benadryl a couple times to sleep enough. I've had a few headaches. Today, I'll do three drops and a 32.8 mg KI (I seem to need that along with other minerals to prevent the cramps) and then tomorrow four, then the next day five, and see what happens. I guess I'm sort of stalking any heavy metals that might be lurking. And if I were to get sick like catching a cold or whatever, I think I'd up the dose to 8 drops twice a day again instead of taking other meds.

But everyone has to stalk their own physiology and work out what is going on step by step. Consult with your physician if needed. Get some tests run if you are unsure.

And yeah, I think that peeps who may be born with certain abilities may also have certain physiological difficulties too. That needs to be considered.

I've also noticed leg/muscle cramps and tremors. Upping minerals and salt intake usually helps.
I had trouble getting to sleep on few nights, increased Melatonin to 2mg and things were ok.
Few nights ago I had really disturbing dream in which back of my head was full of bumps which suddenly started to explode. It looked like some kind of nasty alien was hatching inside each of this bump and after this explosions they came out, but looked disabled or harmless.

Re: Iodine and Potassium Iodid

I have been on iodine for over 5 weeks now.

I started with quite a heavy dose - up to 120mg a day in two doses - and experienced a host of symptoms, mainly flu-like, with runny nose, some fevers, gastrointestinal discomfort. I then stopped the iodine for a few days and went back to 50mg a day and have been on this dose for about three weeks now.

My energy levels are up, and my sleep - previously interrupted and waking up around 6am - is much smoother and I could easily sleep in until 8-9 am, so I now have to use a clock not to oversleep. Vivid dreams yes, but often difficult to remember.

Otherwise it's been up and down, with short periods of doom and gloom, not sure if that is due to the iodine.

For the moment I'll stay on the 50mg dose uninterrupted and will see how it goes. I'll report back if there are any changes.

But overall it seems to me that physically I am feeling thes best in many years.

Merci pour tous vos partages si enrichissants...
Ce matin je trouve un article de Sott France que j'ai mis sur ma page Facebook :
http://fr.sott.net/article/27189-L-Iode-La-connaissance-cachee-qui-peut-changer-votre-vie
Je me suis commandé ce Matin sur Amazon du Charbon Marie :
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B002BK4D96?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00
Et du NAC :
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00068GKC8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages01
Je verrais bien ce que cela donnera...

Thank you for all your shares so rewarding ...
This morning I found an article in France Sott I put on my Facebook page:
http://fr.sott.net/article/27189-L-Iode-La-connaissance-cachee-qui-peut-changer-votre-vie
I ordered it on Amazon Morning of Marie Coal:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B002BK4D96?psc=1 redirect = true ref_ = od_aui_detailpages00
And NAC:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00068GKC8?psc=1 redirect = true ref_ = od_aui_detailpages01
I would not mind that it will give ...

https://youtu.be/Di5Ua44iuXc

Look up 'Donna Eden's daily energy routine' on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di5Ua44iuXc

I have found Donna Eden's energy protocol very useful for detox reactions. Try her exercises every day, I think they help to balance, energize and release emotions triggered from upped hormones and built up stress in the body. I know it looks like a lot of new age hooey, but she is really adapting to a western audience tried and true eastern energy practices.

I have also benefited from earthing / grounding practices like walking barefoot by the sea or in my back yard as much as possible. We should be gentle with ourselves and stay away from stress if we can during the healing process.

Mod note: When you try to embed a video, use the embed quote not the link, otherwise the video won't show up in the post.

Adding to the observations, so far it seems I can't go above 6mg of Lugols without running into problems 2-3 days later. It should be noted that the lag time on detox (or whatever it is) is about 2-3 days, and the length of time it lasts seems to be proportional to the dose of Lugols.
Detox symptoms for me where mostly neurological to start with (motor control/memory problems).
I did attempt a higher dose at one point after these had calmed down, and this led to crippling depression/mood swings. Exactly as Perceval mentions - there was no buffering/escape from it.

So far the main additional supplements I need in support seem to be tirosine for nervous sensitivity, and B1 for energy production.

On the leg cramping - it was mentioned in the MTHFR research I dug through that detox and/or healing of the body and nervous system needs extra potassium.
Do watch out for signs of potassium deficiency, because it is a dangerous condition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypokalemia
Mild hypokalemia is often without symptoms, although it may cause a small elevation of blood pressure,[3] and can occasionally provoke the development of an abnormal heart rhythm. Severe hypokalemia, with serum potassium concentrations of 2.5–3 meq/l (Nl: 3.5–5.0 meq/l), may cause muscle weakness, myalgia, tremor, and muscle cramps (owing to disturbed function of skeletal muscle), and constipation (from disturbed function of smooth muscle). With more severe hypokalemia, flaccid paralysis and hyporeflexia may result. Reports exist of rhabdomyolysis occurring with profound hypokalemia with serum potassium levels less than 2 meq/l.[citation needed] Respiratory depression from severe impairment of skeletal muscle function is found in many patients.[citation needed]

Laura said:

fwiw from my own observation there seems to be two things going on.
Taking lugols is like adding nitrous oxide to a car engine - it makes everything burn hotter and run faster, producing more energy. This is great, but if the car is lacking additional resources (oil, air, fuel) it causes problems. Any damage to the engine also becomes more obvious, so will need repairing first.

So co-facotors (minerals, specific B vitamins etc) and going slowly to allow time to heal are very important.
I've noticed a lot of physical issues I had around puberty have come back, and need different things to correct (poor circulation and waking up with 'dead' arms for one).

The other aspect does seem to be emotional. I'm having a lot of old memories surface that I didn't even know I had - complete with emotional state at the time of the memory.
They seem to be following a relative chronological (reverse) order, and older and older memories are surfacing.
It may be related to the lack of buffering Perceval mentions? Either way it seems a stripping of layers is occurring.
I've had quite a few revelations and harsh observations about myself with all this.

More so, a choice to either get tangled up and be self indulgent, or observe and let go.
The emotional side can be as grueling as the physical detox.

RedFox said:
On the leg cramping - it was mentioned in the MTHFR research I dug through that detox and/or healing of the body and nervous system needs extra potassium.
Do watch out for signs of potassium deficiency, because it is a dangerous condition.

I`ll add to this that potassium doesn't affect my muscle cramps or small twichtes but proper , systematic magnesium suplementation does heavily.
In my case Magnesium Citrate works best.
I see changes quite fast because I am heavy coffee drinker so when I forget to take Magnesium in the evening it is obvious why I have "blinking eye" next day after coffee :D

I was extremely hesitant to post this but I hope talking about my use of iodine to treat Lymes doesn't detract from the thread, I know I seem to be very different to everyone else. Please don't take what I'm talking about as a suggestion for you to try if you don't have severe illness you will not need to even consider this. Everyone has different needs and handles detoxing differently.

After starting 6 weeks ago on a very low dose I built up to 1 gram of Iodoral. I still had a great deal of inflammation in the body, sore joints unchanged, some headaches and minor abdominal pains.

Last week having read up on the use of iodine in the early 1900's and seeing what a few other Lymes patients are doing on curezone I decided to increase the total amount to 6 grams (which I reached yesterday) by reducing the Iodoral and making up the rest with potassium iodide. I know this is a ridiculous amount and I have been following the thread closely all I can say is I don't have very many options left and it does for the first time appear to be working against some pretty resilient infections.

Initially there was a slight decrease in cognitive function and energy as expected with detoxing nothing drastic, along with palpitations and they've all now cleared. Very old achilles injury is flaring up. Stiff and sore hands and one bad headache. The main thing I've been experiencing is the emotional detox, I've been working through a lot of anger. Inflammation in body is finally reducing. Nothing major really and today feeling pretty good for me.

By and large each time I've increased the dose I've felt the Lymes issues reduce and have been able to reduce some of the things I take. Percevals horror reaction (hope your on the mend Perceval) reminded me of when I mobilized large amounts of mercury years ago, I think the reason that I'm not having any major issues is because I've done a number of courses of DMPS injections to chelate heavy metals and a number of other protocols for detox & killing critters. I also go a lot further to support detoxification with additional supplements beyond just NAC and this makes a big difference for me.

Redfoxs analogy to a car and its resources is a perfect one I've found its very important to replenish vitamin and minerals. The iodine also highlighted a serotonin deficiency that I'm now correcting with tryptophan.

This is not something I've done lightly I'm aware of the dangers of high doses and only intend this for short term use and any potential harm is far less than what any of the infections in my case have likely already done.

I only mention this in case in the near future people have to consider a higher dose to nuke some form of plague. I cant imagine anyone would ever need to go as far as i have but at least you now know someone else has waded out into deeper water.

Again please don't take this as a suggestion to try and make sure to research and read the entire thread.

I am currently catching up on the thread. I have noticed several references to MCT oil and think I might try it. Is there a specific brand name that it would be best to look for.? Best formula or other things to consider about this kind of oil?

Mac

After having that really swelled and sore throat the other week, I took a week of iodine and went through a cold, but got better.
I started again only on 6 drops (muscle test confirmed, and that was 4 less than I was doing (At a 12% solution) - still taking all the Co-factors required.

Today, I'm getting similar symptoms, sore throat and neck muscles are really sore down to my shoulders. This is more so on the left side, just under my chin on the left, towards the ear (I do believe it's the lymph node) it's actually really swelled, like a ball, in comparison to the other side and really sore to touch. I think the best thing may be to come off the Iodine again (spend the time off it with VITC, NAC etc), and start again on an even lower dose, or whether this is a virus showing itself.

Mac said:
I am currently catching up on the thread. I have noticed several references to MCT oil and think I might try it.
MCT is short for medium chain triglyceride. Coconut oil is a good source. Refined coconut oil is cheaper, but extra virgin tastes better, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom