Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I think i wrote it wrong , im sorry, i went from 6 - 7 -8 -10 -12 -15 - 16 -18, etc and splitting doses morning and early afternoon, not from 6 -18 in one go. Then a full stop till symptoms improved during times i had symptoms, i was not on high amounts for more than a few days

Many things including agniomas, which are said to be removable with surgery product of bromide detox, disappeared as i stopped supplementing iodine.

I have made changes and adjustments as i moved forward, the sunlight issue has been completely addressed for some time now as i sleep in total darkness, sleep patterns also but more so while on iodine and even now. I have had more energy and thus more room for physical activity. My diet has zero gluten, mainly meats, fat and some carbs through rice and few starches

I gathered the cofactors after week 1 because of what was said, vitamin B and C are very important to transport iodine into the cell etc, selenium to address iodine oxidation as well as salted water for bromide and liver support.

Magnesium-zinc-borax for all the joint issues and muscle cramping.

Chu, i feel it was nearly impossible to tell until the first week and a half passed because of the oberwhelming fogginess, except for the increase in energy and improved sleep and insomnia. As time passed things became alot clearer it showed me a sign of improvement. From everything i read all the cofactors do have some role in the process but i know it was mentioned not everyone need all the cofactors, and some even contraindicated, i kept the vitaim B mainly because of the energy issues and wanted to see if there was an improvement, magnesium-zinc-borax for the joint and muscle issues. And liver support. after some info i came across i am planing on testing for MTHFR mutations along with the HM.

Altair, yes that is what i did exactly, and one of the reasons i came off of it, i intend to get a hm test done before anything. It lasted for some tiem but i am back to "normal" in terms of bowel movements

I understand i took a big risk, but all things considered, so far, i am feeling consireably much better, focused and stable than before i started

I will do those keyhole thank you very much for your concern.. and suggesting this. I will get them done asap.

i intend to get a hm test done before anything. It lasted for some tiem but i am back to "normal" in terms of bowel movements

For heavy metals, there are a bunch of tests out there. Hair mineral analysis is of limited value in many cases when used as a sole measure. Urine testing provides mixed results from day to day, and challenge DMPS/DMSA urine analysis is also scewed toward false positives.

The most comprehensive test that I know of, and the one I personally opt for, is Quicksilver Scientific's "Minerals and Metals blood panel". That can provide insight into overall metal burden, and additionally also provides insight into mineral status including copper/zinc ratio and magnesium/calcium ration. If mercury comes up as high, then you will need to perform the "mercury tri-test" which is three-part test involving urine, blood, and hair analysis. This provides a picture of which type of mercury (ethyl, methyl, or inorganic), whether your body is effectively excreting them, and exactly how to get the out - because each different type of mercury requires a different approach.

Thanks for extra explanations, Phill. Please take care, though, and watch out for any strange symptoms. You had me worried with the swollen thyroid and all. And iodine can "feed critters" too, so be careful, ok? Do as many tests as possible. And also, if I were you, I would try to prioritize. Yes, holistic approaches are usually better, but if you try to solve every single issue at once, even the minor ones, then you might go overboard or forget that the same approach may not work for everything. You wrote:

Nutshell: Physchological instability, insomnia, anxiety/irritability , loss of concentration, loos of appetite, toenail fungus , scally feet, , viral blister outbreaks, lethargy, finger wart, back problems , neck problems, eye buggers, and others. the first one being the priority.

If the first one is the priority (and the second and third probably go together with it), then it may not be a purely medical issue, and you may need to work at it from other angles as well. I can't remember if you ever mentioned trying therapy. How about considering that if you haven't?

FWIW!

Keyhole, I had read here the test on HM but didn't know the depth for accurate testing, I think it is worth getting this done, as I do suspect candida, and due to my work I am exposed to certain things that I don't even know of, a storage like place where people put their stuff, and sometimes you don't know what they decide to store in, you are unknowingly exposed to a number of things.

Chu, I had to re read it, and it sounds alarming, I was better off telling here, the need for extra set of eyes and feedback in this situation where I can't tell at times, and more so where I have the suspicion that i have a bunch of mixed symptoms, from different causes, I expected to filter through some at least. I had since realized that there may have been an endocrine imbalance partly probably from PTSD associated with dealing with this for almost a year now and other past situations. Part of it is retraining my brain, I have considered therapy , I sought clues from a sibling who is mayor in psychology/neuroscience, he mentioned the inability to deal with anxiety a cause of psychosis paranoia and many other issues. I feel like part of me is watching a lower part of me figuring this out.. I feel i need to fight this from several fronts.
But maybe I am rushing things, thus opening myself up yet again to other forms of attack..

Recently in the forum there was a video about dissociative personality disorder, and what captured my attention was the situation of two different personalities, one with diabetes and the other without diabetes,, coupled with the clues the C's gave about neurofeedback it made me think that the psychological approach is a complementary tool so long as the self/being is stable enough to handle it.

I have a question, at my job there are fluorescent halogen lights, one broke in an area, and I am supposed to clean this, how can i best protect from ingesting all of this?

I have a question, at my job there are fluorescent halogen lights, one broke in an area, and I am supposed to clean this, how can i best protect from ingesting all of this?

Halogen bulbs do not contain mercury, but CFLs (compact fluorescent bulbs) and regular fluorescent bulbs do. You should be sure which kind you are dealing with. Here's a site that outlines the best way to deal with those containing mercury.
Broken CFL Dangers | How to Clean Up Broken CFLs | HouseLogic

I have a small update, while i find the time to do the testing for thyroid hormones now and a full heavy metal test, I am still off iodine/supplements and although my health has been a lot better I am more tired, and weaker than when I was on Iodine, been a busy couple of months.

I tried liposomal glutathione for a few days, I mentioned a wart on one of my finger, within a few days it is completely flat almost gone, I noticed randomly, I am very surprised, it is there still like the sensation but almost disappeared before my eyes. I was not expecting it.
about two months ago I tried topical iodine and also silver nitrate a couple of times and they partially removed it but when I stopped it came back out.

I know it was posted here, but I looked it up, NAC and glutathione precursors , are better to be taken first, but I found mixed information about if and when as the idea is for the body to produce it on its own, could it mean I have no cysteine to produce any glutathione? Is it cheating the body to take the supplement? can it affect the body's ability to produce its own if taken orally? is it safe to take it as a supplement?
I stopped it, I will have to get the tests and read up on it more.

I know it was posted here, but I looked it up, NAC and glutathione precursors , are better to be taken first, but I found mixed information about if and when as the idea is for the body to produce it on its own, could it mean I have no cysteine to produce any glutathione? Is it cheating the body to take the supplement? can it affect the body's ability to produce its own if taken orally? is it safe to take it as a supplement?

Hey Phil4, first of all, I'm glad your health is better and I'm sorry to hear you're more tired off iodine. I hope this improves quickly and the tests will shed some light on what path you should take next towards recovery.

The above quoted section piqued my interest. I was wondering if you could post some sources you looked at regarding the best time to take glutathione?

Did you try taking NAC on its own, without glutathione? If yes, did you notice positive effects? If you didn't notice any, my non-medically trained take on it is that maybe NAC isn't enough to motivate the body to produce enough glutathione and taking the supplement supports the body rather than cheating it. If the liposomal glutathione healed your wart then the supplement does a better job than your body on its own.

Also, supplements don't work in a vacuum, the body they enter is an ecosystem of interdependent relationships so there may be something that stops NAC from working effectively on its own?

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member on this amazing forum and I read with attention most of the clinical publication YOU SHARED HERE.... they give so much precious information about my illness that I am going through almost 20 years now...You did a huge research and I really appreciate the time you took to read and share with most of the people here ! :)))

I have been diagnosed with a goiter and nodules hopefully not cancerigen and a thyroid that is working normally.
However during this diagnostic I have been suffering from a chronic tiredness, a bad memory, some inflammation of my goiter when I am in stress or any emotional choc...I live with without noticed that this can occur from any deficiency in iode. The main issue that alert me to do research about thyroid is that I am not able to work anymore and I choose to study in nutrition, so maybe I can learn more about my body but in fact is quiet harder for me....
I am suffering of lack of memory, concentration, I can have a pic of energy and then become lethargic without any energy cannot even walk...I took many vitamins but after stoping them I am back to my symptoms; the most urgent case is that I have been diagnosticed with a polykystic ovarian syndrome, breast kystes, kystes and nodules also in my thyroid, and since 5 months my hormonal balance is totally disrupted.

After reading most of the scientist research I need more information before to start the iodine protocol that I read on Lyne Farrow book's.
Did you hear about this protocol before to start the iode protocol
and view this video where they said that before any protocol we need to took “GENE MINERALS”, by Dr. Nojima ( the book is attached )

I hope to read your experience....specially some topic or clinical research sources about nodules in a goiter
Oh I just forgot to said I have a healthier diet free dairy and gluten, caring myself with this diet is not enough I think

My Best Regards

I hope my English is quiet easy to understand....

Sorry if I posted in a wrong queue of discussion....

Camiliaa

Attachments

• Mineral_Deficiency_Book_from_MicaWatersdotcom.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 12
I took many vitamins but after stoping them I am back to my symptoms; the most urgent case is that I have been diagnosticed with a polykystic ovarian syndrome, breast kystes, kystes and nodules also in my thyroid, and since 5 months my hormonal balance is totally disrupted.

If there's polycystic ovarian syndrome, you might want to check for insulin resistance. The treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is metformin, a drug which increases insulin sensitivity. There are other options to sensitize insulin as well. For instance, a low carb diet and some nutrients and herbs. Here's more information:

Metformin or Berberine - For what conditions?

Insulin resistance is related with mitochondrial dysfunction and the later can make your energy levels go down.

We have a nice database on insulin resistance. You can find some good articles using the search function at sott.net. I think this is a topic worth checking out.

Thank you Gaby
This insulin trail is a rather interesting approach I discover metformin... It is true that I was leaving more on the thyroid gland and all its histology I will study the subject...
Would you have processed or exchanged information about the iodine protocol and nodules I have not been able to get good sources of clinical studies

Thank you again

Would you have processed or exchanged information about the iodine protocol and nodules I have not been able to get good sources of clinical studies

I don't think I have other studies other than the ones mentioned in this +230 pages thread. I actually discourage iodine to the public now because if someone has too much toxicity or is in very ill health, it might be too harsh to start with iodine instead of lifestyle choices (i.e. dietary, gentle detox measures) to decrease chronic inflammation, insulin resistance and general toxicity.

On Sputnik I stumbled upon article about blue iodine. I don't see that we talked about it on the forum and it is hard to find much about it on the internet. But supposedly it is popular in Russia. I found this not so well translated article about it in English: Blue iodine application. Blue iodine: useful properties and rules of use.

Also here: Blue iodine: preparation, application, reviews and treatment - Symptoms and treatment

And here: Amyloyodin | AQUA C60

Large doses of iodine, 2-3 g, are deadly to humans. Therefore, the scientist V.O Mokhnach, doctor of chemical and biological sciences, created the drug amyloyodine. In amyloyodine, iodine is in the oxidation state of 1+, that is, in a positively monovalent form. This form of iodine has an antimicrobial effect of a wide range of action, but it is completely non-toxic when introduced by various ways to the human and animal body. It is much more bioavailable than iodine in the valence state of 1-, which must first be dissolved and then removed from the iodine atom by 2 electrons. Iodine in the oxidation state 1+ has a thyroid effect, and iodine in the oxidation state 1- has no such effect.

(...)

The usual pharmacy iodine is not suitable for oral recipiency. For this, amyloyodine (blue iodine), a unique medicinal substance with a multifaceted positive effect on the body, was created.

There are 3 types of this drug. The first is blue iodine made from iodine, starch and other components, usually at home, and having a short shelf life (up to a day). The other two are manufactured in industrial scales and have a shelf life of 48 months. Iodinol, which is used in the manufacture of iodine, potassium iodide, starch, polyvinyl alcohol, is intended for external use. Amyloyodine, which is made from iodine, potassium iodide, starch, but without the use of polyvinyl alcohol, is the most effective and harmless form of blue iodine for internal and external use.

Regular intake of amyloidin inside helps to completely normalize the level of iodine in the body. But this is not the only, though very important, property of the drug. The anti-viral and antibacterial properties of amyloyodine allow it to be successfully used for any acute and chronic disease of an infectious nature.

These include colitis and enterocolitis, stomach ulcer, dysentery, diarrhea with blood, poisoning, tonsillitis, stomatitis, conjunctivitis, long healing wounds and burns. The ability to influence the composition of blood makes amyloyodin an excellent remedy for combating atherosclerosis. Amyloyodin lowers cholesterol and blood sugar, cleans vessels, increases leukocyte activity and red blood cell content. Using amyloyodin improves the elasticity of blood vessels, so it is used to treat the consequences of stroke, as well as hypo- and hypertension: it helps normalize both high and low blood pressure. Another property of amyloyodine is that it improves immunity. Therefore, the drug is used in the treatment of various diseases: cardiovascular, oncological, gastrointestinal, kidney and urinary organs. It is especially important to regularly carry out preventive treatment courses in order.

Thanks to the sedative properties of amyloyodine, it can be taken as a sedative.

Disinfectant and enveloping properties make amyloyodine an excellent remedy for burns, especially in cases when it is impossible to find emergency medical care (at the dacha, in the forest, etc.).

Also it is very effective in the treatment of female diseases, such as fibrocystic mastopathy, endometriosis and uterine fibroid.

Interesting info, Persej. I wanted to find more and it was complicated with the tag "amyloyodine" but a search about V.O Mokhnach led me there: Use of Iodine in Medicine -- From Russia

An extract talking about the history of combining starch with iodine and a lot on Blue Iodine:
In 1917 Lumiere used starch Iodide for the treatment of infected wounds, as an alternative to most antiseptics which dissolved in protein environment. His challenge was to obtain an active antimicrobial agent, stable as «in vitro» so as «in vivo», the effect of which could continue for several hours or days. The compound of iodine with natural superpolymer starch gave very promising results. Lumiere proved antimicrobial properties of the drug in the following way: he placed 10g of muscle tissue in the initial stages of microbial decomposition in two glass bottle banks. He pour 100 ml of water solution of iodine with the content of 25 mg of free iodine in one of the glass bottle banks and 10 ml of water solution of starch with the content of 25 ml of iodine in the second glass bank. The bottles were shaken several times. In half an hour it wasn’t possible to find free iodine in the first glass bottle bank. The next day the content of the bottle showed the picture of complete bacterial decay. The solution in the second bottle preserved blue color during a month and the content didn’t have any signs of decomposition.

In 1956, V. O. Mokhnach started researches of antibacterial, antiviral and antimycotic effect of various compounds of iodine with starch and its components were started in different institutions.

There were started studies of antibacterial action of starch iodide by the hospital named after S.P. Botkin in Leningrad. M.A. Rapoport studied the effect of amyloodinium (starch iodide), mainly on enteric bacteria: Eberthella typhi abdominalis, Salmonella paratyphi A, S. paratyphi B, Shigella dysenteriae Flexner, Sh. dysenteriae Sonne. Even in the 10-40-fold dilutions of the drug and containing 1 g of crystalline iodine per 100 ml of amyloodinium solution, which was used for the treatment of patients, there was observed the rapid death of these bacteria.

In 1957, the Leningrad Institute of Antibiotics , A.I. Drozdov tested activity amyloodinium «in vitro» against to some types of yeast, yeast-like fungi and dermatophytes. Dilutions of drugs were prepared in normal saline solution, which served as a control and, in a volume of 1 ml. In each dilution they added 500 thousand yeast test-organisms or fungal elements. Seeding from corresponding dilutions was done in accordance with sectors in Petri dishes with wort agar. Analysis of results was done at a temperature of 37 ° C in 5 days of growth for yeasts and yeast-like fundus and in 10 days - for dermatophytes. They took Candida albicans, C. tropicalis, C. krusei, Saccharomyuces cerevisiae, Trychophyton gypseurn, T. crateriforme, Microsporon lanosum, Epidermophyton K.-W as test organisms.

Tests showed that 20-fold dilution of the drug, i.e. at concentrations of crystalline iodine of 18-20 mcg / ml, all test organisms except Candida krusei, died already in a half an hour of exposure. C. krusei was more resistant: it died in 6 hours. At the same time the control gave a big growth of this organism.

Antimicrobial action of iodine polysaccharides not only very effective but in some cases significantly superior to aqueous solutions of potassium poliyodide.

The latter, of course, deserves a special attention as studied polysaccharides - starch, amylose – don’t have any anti-microbial properties, but, in contrast, they are nutrients for microbes. In the presence of starch and amylose iodine molecules form compounds with them, colored in the intense blue color. Tens and hundreds of iodine molecules, included in the content of the polysaccharide, form a single molecule with sharing electrons, tied up to the compound of high-polymer molecule. Due to the fluctuations of the electron density in these compounds, the latter may become donors of iodine compounds in the form of J +1. These iodine compounds have strong oxidizing properties, which explain their intensive antimicrobial action with a broad antimicrobial spectrum.

In 1958, the Department of Microbiology, of the Leningrad Sanitary Medical Institute conducted studies of the action of iodide of starch, and amylose-iodine and amylopectin iodine in regard to the number of pathogenic microbes and the Department of Spore-Bearing Plants of the Botanical Institute named after V.L. Komarov under the guidance of M.A. Litvinov conducted studies in regard to saprophytes.

It was established that the effect of amylose-iodine greatly exceeds effects of solutions of polyiodide and potassium iodidewith the same content of molecular iodine. This paradoxial fact deserves a special attention, because the studied polysaccharides don’t have any antimicrobial properties, but, in contrast, they are nutrients for microbes. Nevertheless, the addition of this "nutrient" to a solution of iodine-iodide increases its antimicrobial effect. The lowest bactericidal concentration of iodine against to Staphylococcus aureus and Bacterium coli in iodine-iodide is 16, amylose-iodine - 2 mcg / ml.

Oxyanions of iodine, binding iodine in the state of oxidation of 1-/+, provides a high antibacterial effect of starch iodide.

Starch-iodine complex has antibacterial activity; it is characterized by a strong absorption band in the spectrum from XM - ~ 600 nm and according to studies of Mokhnach V.O. it concludes iodine in the form of positive monovalent.

A high antibacterial effect and non toxicity amylose-iodine are used with great success for the treatment of such severe pathology, such as chemical burns of the esophagus.

In conclusion, Mokhnach V.O. writes, that water solutions of starch iodide don’t contain any elemental iodine in the form of the molecule I2 what explain their non toxicity. Most of antibacterial effects are attributed to oxyanion /0~(/1 +), which contains a highly positive monovalent iodine. It can be assumed that starch iodide complex has antiseptic properties itself.

The action of amylose-iodine accelerates immunological reactions in the body.
Iodamide exceeds antiseptic effect of iodoform, hygroscopicity of the drug helps to rapid absorption of secretions from the surface of wounds and sores. In the opinion of the author , intoxication at external use of the drug is excluded.

The main advantages of polymers-iodine are their intensive chemotherapeutic effect, low toxicity and cost, and a lack of development of microbial resistance to iodine as well. V.O. Mokhnach (1962) gave the most complete description of the medicinal properties polymer-iodine that received the name of - blue iodine.
The main advantages of polymers-iodine are their intensive chemotherapeutic effect, low toxicity and cost, and a lack of development of microbial resistance to iodine as well. V.O. Mokhnach (1962) gave the most complete description of the medicinal properties polymer-iodine that received the name of - blue iodine.

Blue iodine was discovered several times. For the first time the scientist from Leningrad V.O. Mokhnachev tried the drug on himself during the Great Patriotic War, when had severe bacterial dysentery. And in the 50s he participated in testing the drug effect on a big group of people suffering dysetery, colitis and enterocolitis of moderate and high severity in the medical hospitals of Leningrad.

Stool of patients taking at that time blue iodine, stabilized in the first 5 days since the beginning of treatment. A bacteria clearance of the intestinal tract occurred on 5th -10th day. Excellent results! The daily dose of the drug for those patients was 500 g. It was spent 7 daily doses for the treatment of each patient. It often happens that higher doses of drugs are used in the treatment of acute and chronic intestinal infections. It should be mentioned that Mokhnach V.O. himself increased the dose of blue iodine up to 1500-2000 mg per day.

People know about healing properties of blue iodine as they personally experienced magic properties of this drug numerous times. Indeed, having antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal effects, it helps to treat the most serious diseases, which cannot be treated even with fashionable imported drugs.

Alcohol and aqueous solutions of iodine are known to every person from childhood. We use them throughout our life as an effective antiseptic for the treatment of wounds. But its toxicity makes it unsuitable for intake in large doses. On the contrast, the blue iodine is non-toxic.

Theoretically, we can assume that the complex of the blue iodine drug halogenates (iodizes) DNA and RNA, containing viruses, both inside and outside of the cell due the mechanism of recognition and due to specific chemical interactions. This happens by means of the substitution of a hydrogen atom in groups of purine and pyrimidine bases which composep DNA and RNA containing viruses. New agents being synthesized due to halogenation any longer don’t have properties of the virus.

The ability of iodine easily penetrate to the cell membrane makes the drug especially valuable for all infections, which pathological process take place in the intracellular structures.

Blue iodine kills dysentery bacillus within three days, but it is necessary drink it up to seven days. Of course, dysentery is a very dangerous disease and demands medical interference. But blue iodine may save your live until arrival of doctors.

Blue iodine is iodinated starch. The compound of iodine with starch neutralizes its toxic properties in regard to human cells and animals, enhances it for pathogens (Usefulintestinal microflora of the gastrointestinal tract is also not subjected to "murderous" effect of iodine blue), so blue iodine does not cause poisoning and can be consumed in large doses.

Besides when administered, starch, being part of the drug, coats stomach ulcers and other affected places of the gastrointestinal tract, creating a protective layer that helps to rapid healing. Iodine stimulates activity of the pancreas, which is the protector of our body.

Blue iodine is simply irreplaceable in cases of acute and chronic diseases of infectious nature.

Blue iodine kills dysentery bacillus within three days, but it is necessary drink it up to seven days. Of course, dysentery is a very dangerous disease and demands medical interference. But blue iodine may save your live until arrival of doctors.

Blue iodine is used at the treatment of stomatitis, stomach ulcer, and nonhealing wounds, conjunctivitis and diarrhea with blood, colitis and enterocolitis, tonsillitis, various kinds of poisonings and burns.

Irrigation of the large intestine with blue iodine prevents the processes of decay, causes a local bactericidal action.

Blue iodine is the best remedy in cases of chemical poisoning and burns.
Blue iodine is daily administered as enemas of 50 grams within a week in cases of the ulcerative lesions of the large intestine.

Blue iodine improves elasticity of blood vessels, which allows to recommend it for the treatment of not only effects of stroke. Blue iodine helps to normalize high and low blood pressure. In addition, due to its the sedative properties, it can be taken as a depressant. It treats thermal and chemical burns, especially when there is no possibility to provide urgent medical assistance.

Depending on the severity of condition it is recommended to do syringing within seven or ten days in cases of gynecological diseases of inflammatory nature. Simultaneously with the syringing it is necessary to take 1-2 tablespoons of blue iodine.

One third or even a half of a glass of blue iodine can be taken on an empty stomach in cases helminthic invasions. Blue iodine is safe even at bathing of eyes of infants.

Healing blue iodine rejuvenates the body. Blue iodine is quite compatible with remedies of traditional medicine. For example, a combination of blue clay and blue iodine is effective in the treatment of indigestion. It is well known that clay has a wonderful property to pull toxins out from the body. On this reasons the interaction of these wonderful traditional remedies is very successful.

In the normal reaction of the body you can safely gargle the throat in cases of tonsillitis, taking 2-3 sips of blue iodine.

In cases of conjunctivitis, 2-3 drops of a specially prepared solution (1 teaspoon of blue iodine dissolved in 10 tablespoons of warm distilled water) can be instilled in eyes in the morning and in the evening within a week. Many patients take a glass of the drug, mixed with fresh juice for better taste, 2-3 times a day before a meal, in cases of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract .

There is a pharmaceutical drug iodinol prepared on the basis of polyvinyl alcohol. Iodinol is also blue iodine. It is also is an excellent antiseptic, non-toxic, inexpensive and a very stable product that can be stored for a long time. The main active substance of iodinol is molecular iodine, which has antiseptic properties. Polyvinyl alcohol is a high molecular compound, a synthetic polymer which gives as a same intensively blue color reaction with the solution of iodine-iodide, as a natural polymer starch.

The content of polyvinyl alcohol in iodinol slows isolation of iodine and prolongs its interaction with tissues of the body. It also reduces the irritating effect of iodine on the tissues. Doctors recommend to use it in cases of chronic tonsillitis, conjunctivitis, purulent edemas, trophic ulcers, septic wound and burns, for disinfection in surgery and gynecology.

In the Russian Federation there was patented a composition for the treatment of dermatomycosis (%): Iodine - 1,6-4,1; Potassium Iodide - 2,9-7,3; polyvinyl alcohol - 8,3-13,4; ethyl alcohol – 14,7 -36,7; glycerin - 3,1-5,0; water - up to 100,0.

The invention is related to medical drugs, in particular to drugs based on iodine. It may be used for the treatment of dermatomycosis such as trichophytosis, microsporia, favus in humans and animals.

The well known treatment of dermatomycosis that includes Miconazole and Clotrimazole creams, medications for the treatment of skin as Chlorhexidine and Eliconazole, as well as lime sulfur and antifungal drugs for oral administration.

The Institute of Emergency in Leningrad has conducted a research on the introduction polymers-iodine like amyl iodine and iodinol in the treatment.
Long-term studies of the properties of aqueous solutions of iodine with starch, polyvinyl alcohol, polyvinylpyrrolidone showed that the biologically active form is a part of the polarized molecule I2 and oxyanions IO-, precisely iodine in a positive monovalent form with the degree of oxidation +1.

In the human body, under the influence of iodide oxidase, nonreactive iodide anion inert coverts into physiologically active I+1. A blue coloration and antiseptic properties of iodine-containing substances are related with exactly this form of iodine. The connection between biological activity of halogen compounds and their coloring is proved in this way.

Widely used drug Lipiodol was developed by the Guerbet laboratory in Paris. It is poppyseed oil, 38% of which is iodine. The drug is deposited in the skin and is slowly absorbed into the blood. One capsule of Lipiodol contains 200 mg of iodine.

The Institute for Scientific Research attached to Emergency hospital named after N.V. Sklifosovsky together with the Department of Medical Purpose Biopolymers of the National Scientific and Research Experimental Institution developed a medical composition that contains an immobilized biocompatible copolymer of iodine which has expressed bactericidal properties. The drug contains 1.5% iodine and was named yodopor.

Yodpolikom, film-forming polymer containing iodine, is used for cleansing preparation an operational field. The concentration of iodine in the form of a film is 33%. In comparison with alcoholic solutions of iodine, Yodpolikom doesn’t irritate the skin. After a cleansing preparation of a surgical field, yodpolikom dries on the skin within 1-2 minutes, forming a solid thin film of brown color, which is insoluble and unwashable in water. The film, besides the hermetic nature and its bactericidal properties , provides a complete bacterial impermeability for a long time (more than one day), and it can be easily removed with alcohol and gradually washes away within 3-5 days.

Due to the ability of Yodpolikom to form a antibacterial film, the drug can be recommended for treatment of postoperative sutures, in the period before and after removal of skin sutures. At that the use of gauze bandage is not obligatory.

Iodine containing substances can be ionic and nonionic. Ionic substances increase the osmolarity of the blood and the plasma. In some cases, they may cause allergic reactions dangerous to the lives of patients. The use of non-ionic contrast agents reduces the risk of complications, and in spite their cost they are much more commonly used for parenteral administration.

Contrast iodine-containing substances may be fat-or water-soluble. Fat-soluble drugs have a higher viscosity and are slowly absorbed by tissues. On this reason they are used only for sialography and hysterosalpingography. The water-soluble drugs with quick absorption, can be used instead barium sulphate for the study of the gastrointestinal tract, if patients have contraindications to the use of barium.

Considerations:
At the present time, polymers-iodine are widely used in the treatment of iodine deficiency diseases.

The first sign of iodine deficiency in the body is extreme tiredness, fatigue, irritability, feeling of weakness in the morning. It is necessary to take blue iodine in case of manifestation of these troubling signs. It will help to improve health and maintain a good mood. Blue iodine charges the body with energy that it makes possible easily to refuse from coffee and strong tea.

It is not recommended to take blue iodine 1-2 tsp, 2 times a week for the "prevention of iodine deficiency,": the researches of V.O. Mokhnach showed that a low concentration of blue iodine allows disease-causing microbes in the human body to develop strains which are resistant to its action. V.O. Mokhnach had an individual approach to the treatment of different disease with blue iodine: he treated dysentery giving patients 100 ml of blue iodine 5-6 times a day, and in case of cholera he gave 3 l (!) of the drug per day.

It is better to take it daily not less than 5 tbs within 5 days a month for the prevention of iodine deficiency.

There are following general rules for its intake. If the thyroid gland is healthy it is necessary to take 8 tbs 1 time per day, approximately in 30 minutes after a meal drinking after with drinking jelly: to take it for 5 days and after to have a beak for 5 days or to drink it every other day. Seriously ill people need an individual dosage (1-3 teaspoons), the duration of taking of the drug is individual.

The maximum permissible dose of blue iodine should not be more than 4 teaspoons. The maximum daily dose of blue iodine for an adult is 7-8 teaspoons. This dose should be increased gradually, increasing the dose on 1-2 teaspoons per day. At that it is necessary to drink blue iodine after with milk or drinking jelly.

Blue iodine is absorbed in the upper small intestine within a half an hour and then it gets to the thyroid gland through the bloodstream. This is an important advantage of blue iodine compared to iodine salts.

Also the comment in the end :
Is Blue Iodine Sugardine? Newport 6 years ago 7,447

Newport
This is a reply to # 2,019,098

Links on Sugardine from an old post below:

Sugardine, Not blue, Purple.. by Newport 3 mon 305
Newport Sugardine, Not blue, Purple..
PM Newport
Date: 9/11/2012 12:16:45 AM ( 3 mon ago )
Hits: 308 Size: 773 char.
URL: Sugardine, Not blue, Purple.. (Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team) 9/11/2012 1983866

Iodine changes color when absorbed by Starch, actually the Glucose in starch. Therefore the similar reaction with White Sugar . Exact color is temperature dependent, but while searching for that info:

The use of sugar as a vehicle for iodine fortification in endemic iodine deficiency.
The use of sugar as a vehicle for iodine fortification in endemic iodine deficiency. - PubMed - NCBI

Sugar and Iodine for Bedsores
Sugar and Iodine for Bedsores - The People's Pharmacy

Sugardine
American Farriers Journal Special Management Report #1...
http://www.soundhooves.com/PDF/_Sugar_dine.pdf

Thank you, Starshine. That is a lot of interesting info, and with your article I was able to learn how to properly spell Mokhnach's name in English, so I used that and also found this article, again translated from Russian:

However, in recent years, publications began to appear, in which it was uncontested that my recipe for cooking s.i. is not good and what should be prepared as it was done by V.O.Mohanach. Let's understand. Opponents assert that with my method of cooking iodine under the influence of boiling water completely loses its healing properties. Mohnach, however, prepared a starch kissel separately and only after its cooling added iodine there.

Where is the truth? The truth is that iodine is not afraid of heating, but overheating. When overheating, it really loses therapeutic properties, so if the preparation of s.i. it becomes discolored, and I warned about this in my articles.

My recipe and recipe for Mokhnach have their pros and cons. So, the recipe of Mokhnach completely eliminates the discoloration of cv, but at the same time it turns out not quite homogeneous (homogeneous) preparation: in the glue, there can remain undissolved droplets of iodine, burning the mucous membranes. But my recipe along with the plus - the homogeneity, has a minus: when it is cooking, there may be discoloration, so it is necessary to prepare it again, and discoloration is associated not only with overheating, but also with the missed lifetime of the used iodine.

Today I offer readers an improved recipe for cooking, which is largely devoid of these disadvantages.

Pour into a enamelled mug (250 ml capacity) 150 ml of water, bring it to boil and pour 50 ml of cold water with starch dissolved in it (1 teaspoon with the top), stirring there. The resulting paste will cool to 50C (it is possible and up to room temperature, but then the homogeneity will deteriorate). In 50 ml of warm water dilute 1 tsp 5% iodine solution and, thoroughly stirring, pour in a paste. Blue iodine ready. It is stored in the refrigerator, usually 15-20 days, and is as long as it retains an intense dark blue color.

That makes sense since iodine evaporates at high temperatures.
But she doesn't use citric acid and sugar, which others suggest for taste and prolonged storage, which might be needed since 250 ml of this solution would last 50 days, if you take one teaspoon (5 ml) per day.

And since one teaspoon has 100 drops of Lugol's, that means that you would take an equivalent of 2 drops of Lugol's per day, if you take one teaspoon of blue iodine. They recommend protocol of 5 days intake and then 5 days off, but they are also taking much higher doses than one teaspoon. I don't know how much is that useful. I would rather try smaller doses.

Of course, from our previous research, we know that salted water is also important in any iodine protocol.

Back
Top Bottom