Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Have you tried vitamin C to tolerance, drinking high doses of Lugol's, or drinking sodium bicarbonate?

I am just doing liposomal Vitamin C packets a few times a day. I have powder, but would have to combine it with BS to make it less harsh on my teeth. I took 8 drops of 2% Lugol's this morning, which is 20mg. I may go for 25mg and see how that goes.

I just got my PH strips yesterday so I didn't have time to get a baseline. I had taken a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate before bed and then another in the middle of the night. When I woke up and tested today, I was 7.25. So I may have been even more acidic before starting. I plan to go near 8, as Laura recommended.

I have powder, but would have to combine it with BS to make it less harsh on my teeth.
Yes, and consider buying sodium ascorbate next time.

I took 8 drops of 2% Lugol's this morning, which is 20mg. I may go for 25mg and see how that goes.
I routinely take 10 drops of 2% daily. When I feel under the weather, I often will increase to 20-30 drops of 2% and take that once or twice a day.

When I woke up and tested today, I was 7.25.
Saliva or urine? For me, urine is typically much lower than saliva.

Hi 3D Student,
An article was posted on Sott with a protocol for using iodine in your sinuses that may be helpful. It was written for fungal related chronic sinusitis, but I'v'e found it very effective for clearing out bacterial infections.

I'd suggest you start with the lower number of Lugol's drops and see how it feels. It can burn pretty badly when you first do the wash on sensitive sinuses. I did them 3 times a day for 3-5 days depending on how clear my sinuses were. I hope it works for you and you get better soon. :flowers:

About 6 months ago, I discovered a form of sinus wash that I call a sinus bath. It is quite different from the Neti pot but is based on a similar idea. In my 17 years of practice, I have found that this technique works extremely well when combined with the aforementioned therapies.

To prepare the sinus wash, fill a 6-qt bowl with warm water, and add 2 tablespoons of sea salt. In the water, place 4 to 6 drops of tincture of iodine that contains potassium iodine and iodide. Wait 2 minutes; during this period, clean the hands and face well. Next, take a deep breath, hold it, and lower your face about 1 in into the water. Relax and keep your face in the water for 5 to 10 seconds. Blow bubbles from your nose slowly. Lift your face out of the water and towel dry. Blow your nose into a tissue. Repeat the process 2 to 3 times. Once comfortable with this procedure, move to the next level.

At the next level, open your eyes and blink a couple of times after you have submerged your face. Then, close your eyes and keep them closed. Blow bubbles through your nose as before and then try to draw some of the solution up into your nose and back out again. Try to perform 3 of these "sniffs" in and out during each 5- to 10-second facial bath. You may taste saltiness in the back of your throat or may have some of the solution come through to your mouth. This is normal; simply expel it into the sink. Dry off, and blow your nose into a tissue. Repeat the process until the nasal passages are clear.

While looking for information about iodine, I stumbled upon an interesting booklet on one of the polish forums. It was written in 1929 by Zdzisław Szpor. The author uses iodine tincture instead of Lugol's solution. It's curious that he supposedly has understood the role of iodine during some kind of psychic experience. He writes about dosages and gives some examples of patients recoveries. One chapter is about the treatment of animals.

It was interesting to read something regarding the iodine protocol written a hundred years ago. The booklet is really short. Here's a synopsis as well as some translated quotes.

Chapter 1 is the author's genesis of his iodine application.

In January 1915 he applied himself iodine tincture internally for the first time because he suspected to be infected with cholera. A while after application he got a fever. The next day he felt completely healthy. Later he used iodine tincture to treat various conditions with success and never became seriously ill since then.

In 1917 he had a severe fever because of frostbite wounds and allegedly had a kind of psychic experience then. He reflected on his health and it was then that he understood the role of iodine.

After 1918 his friends and acquaintances began to use iodine tincture as recommended by him. They reported back exceptional successes in healing all possible contagious diseases. Whenever iodine tincture was applied according to his exact rules, results were always positive. He didn't know of any negative experience.

Since 1919 he tried to interest doctors with his experiences and observations but without success. Except for the few, who gave iodine a try and were impressed with its effectiveness and started to use it as the first cure for patients with contagious diseases.

In 1920 his article regarding iodine - "Jak uniknąć choroby" (How to avoid illness) - was printed in the "Słowo Polskie" newspaper. As a result of the article, some doctors allegedly wanted to bring a lawsuit against him.

Chapter 2 consists of general remarks about his reasoning and understanding of what's going on in a body when iodine tincture is applied.

He says that iodine tincture applied internally, as soon as the first symptoms are observed, forces the organism to react faster than in normal conditions during illness. Iodine tincture applied in a later stage of the disease is also forcing the organism to adequate defense but the exhaustion of the body may be too high to fight the illness in the first attempt.

Later he points at the importance of proper nourishment and warmth. He gives some examples of what to eat during illness.

Chapter 3 is about proceeding in case of the first symptoms.

He advises applying a 10% iodine tincture in a dose of up to 2 drops on every ten kilos of the patient weight. He gives two examples: for about 60kg adult man, 6 - 12 drops. For about 20kg child, 2 - 4 drops.

He says the smaller dose is for people that have never used iodine before and it's easier to trigger a reaction in their bodies and the larger dose is for people that used iodine lately or are in a weaker condition.

He advises that before iodine application patients avoid drinking anything and urinate as much as possible.

Shortly after the application of iodine tincture patient gets a fever. It shouldn't be interrupted in any way. The patient mustn't drink any liquids and should avoid cold. It's best to be accustomed to it gradually.

He says that anyone who follows the steps will recover in a few minutes to a few hours.

Chapter 4 is about the treatment of the flu, pneumonia, measles, scarlatina, smallpox, typhoid fever, and dysentery.

He says that in such cases it's advisable to apply iodine tincture more carefully (0,5 - 1 drop per every ten kilos of body weight) and observe the patient. If there is no reaction for up to 2 hours, iodine tincture should be applied again in the dose up to twice as much as the previous one.

Chapter 5 is about consumption treatment.

He says that iodine tincture should be applied in the dose of 1 - 2 drops per ten kilos of body weight. Every time the fever comes back the new dose should be applied. This should be repeated until no fever will appear for at least 4 weeks. Later, the iodine tincture should be applied every 4 weeks until there won't be any fever after the application.

Chapter 6 is about the treatment of the weak and handicapped kids.

He says that iodine tincture should be applied in one dose every 4 weeks according to the previously mentioned protocol until the application will stop to cause fever.

Chapter 7 is about sore throat treatment.

He advises preparing a mixture of 4 drops of glycerine and 1 drop of normal iodine tincture. Patients should spread the mixture on their throats using a brush and avoid swallowing for 3 minutes. The procedure should be repeated until the sore throat will be cured.
The pain should disappear after 1 - 4 applications.

In chapter 8 he says that iodine tincture is effective in other conditions as well. He mentions stomach problems and women problems but says that he has too little experimental material in that matter to write more.

Chapter 9 is about the most interesting examples of recoveries.
One woman had three daughters. Iodine tincture was taken by two younger, the older refused to take it and died. The younger ones recovered until the second day. The doctor diagnosed them with typhoid fever.

An iodine tincture was applied to a 14-year-old girl with scarlet fever before the arrival of the doctor. She got such a high fever so the doctor, anticipating the worst, did not show up again despite the promise. Brought back after two days, he was surprised by her rapid recovery.

A junior high school student with typhus who had been given iodine tincture before the doctors arrived, recovered very quickly. Doctors considered the disease very light and without a crisis because they did not know that the crisis was accelerated artificially.

A junior high school student with scarlet fever, healed in three days under the influence of iodine tincture, fell ill again within 8 days. It was probably a repeated infection, from which he also easily recovered after taking iodine tincture.

In one house, a maid and a 3-year-old boy fell ill with dysentery. The mother gave iodine tincture to the boy, the maid did not want to take iodine tincture and went to the hospital. The doctor that visited the boy, was delighted, claiming that he had not yet encountered such mild dysentery. The boy recovered in three days and then went to the garden and ate a few plums which, however, did not hurt him. The maid came back from the hospital after three weeks, very sick and said that every third patient of the hospital was taken to the cemetery.

In one house, the boy fell ill with scarlet fever in his father's absence. A neighbor invited by his mother gave the child iodine tincture and told the mother to send for a doctor in the morning. However, this proved superfluous because of the child's excellent condition. Meanwhile, the father returned but his other son fell ill with scarlet fever too. The father objected to the use of iodine tincture and brought a doctor. When the mother timidly offered to give the child iodine again, the doctor objected. The other son died.

A friend of mine told me that in a certain home, a teenage girl who was in the last stage of tuberculosis learned that, according to doctors, she would not survive even 2 weeks. My friend advised the girl to take iodine tincture with appropriate instructions. I rebuked her at first, but after reflection, I oversaw the matter myself. After about a year and a half, I met my friend and found out that my intermediary patient is alive and feeling better. Later I had no opportunity to find out anything about her.

An approximately 20-year-old woman came to me as a consumptive (she had a hemorrhage of more than a liter, and several outbreaks of infection were found on X-rays), asking me to instruct her about my treatment method. She went to Zakopane, where apart from medical treatment, she used rigorously my curative. After a few months, she returned, recognized by the doctors as completely healthy.

About 80 years old man fell ill with focal pneumonia. My colleague visited him in sickness. Once he came, he found the sick man lying in agony abandoned by the doctors because they thought that within 2 hours he will be all over. In agreement with the nurse, he was given an iodine tincture. He lived for about a year and a half and cursed those who did not let him die because the injury caused by a long-term illness had permanently chained him to his bed.

From hundreds of examples that I could cite, I chose the most typical. With the best intentions, I cannot cite any bad results, because I have not heard of such.

Chapter 10 is about animal treatment.
In this respect, I had much less experience. However, wherever I know, iodine tincture has been used in the same ratio to body weight as in humans, whether to mammals or birds, it has always been extremely effective. Interesting cases include the following.

The dog suspected of rabies because of his behavior, as well as because it was known that he was fighting the dog with rabies, was given a piece of sausage poured with iodine tincture. First turned away from it but ate it later after a moment of reflection. This dog has recovered.

The canaries of my acquainted breeder began to die rapidly. Each very sick canary, whom I forced to eat a piece of bread moistened with milk, on which the pencil dipped in iodine tincture left a visible mark, recovered in minutes and even seconds.

A purebred German Shepherd Dog, who was suffering from a severe canine disease, after applying iodine (I was not told how), recovered quickly.

Iodine for calves and foals is best given in their mother's milk, for cows and horses with bran, flour or bread, for poultry in dough made with iodine tincture, and then divided into portions so that the iodine content corresponds to the weight of the poultry.

Chapter 11 consists of closing remarks.

He says that he tried to stick with facts and explains why he didn't mention any of the patient's or doctor's names. He encourages to try the protocol but also points out that the outcome can be positive only when the experimenter familiarizes oneself with the content of this booklet and strictly adheres to the protocol. Not only in regard to iodine but also other recommendations.

Hello. First of all, thank you for having this forum with all its topics. Thanks to Laura, Gaby and all the many people from whom I can learn so much. Especially about iodine I have a question.
I have read a lot in this forum and about iodine and I thank you for all this valuable information and book tips. Thank you thank you thank you. I have only a short experience with iodine and will gladly share my future iodine here. The first week I took only 12.6 mg iodine, together with all co-factors and salt water. Then I dosed higher for 3 days, to 120mg, and tolerated it very well. The liver and gall bladder detoxify significantly, but with Taraxacum and Alphaliponic acid I can support this well. No problems otherwise. Feel very well. I would like to take the 12.5 mg daily and - as a push once a week - dose higher, to 400 mg. That would be 64 drops of Lugolsch solution, i.e. 16 glasses of Lugolsch water plus the additional recommended 48 glasses of water without iodine. I cannot drink that much. I'm a little bit sensitive in my stomach. I'm not very good with liposomal vitamin C either. I don't have such a good stomach acid, rather a little too little.You could still order Ioderal 50, but they are really gigantic and I have a hard time swallowing and 8 of these tablets are hard on my stomach. Yes, I want to take this and if necessary I will go through with it.
But I ask you now: How do you take these higher doses? Do you have any tips or tricks?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version), sorry for bad english

Hello. First of all, thank you for having this forum with all its topics. Thanks to Laura, Gaby and all the many people from whom I can learn so much. Especially about iodine I have a question.
I have read a lot in this forum and about iodine and I thank you for all this valuable information and book tips. Thank you thank you thank you. I have only a short experience with iodine and will gladly share my future iodine here. The first week I took only 12.6 mg iodine, together with all co-factors and salt water. Then I dosed higher for 3 days, to 120mg, and tolerated it very well. The liver and gall bladder detoxify significantly, but with Taraxacum and Alphaliponic acid I can support this well. No problems otherwise. Feel very well. I would like to take the 12.5 mg daily and - as a push once a week - dose higher, to 400 mg. That would be 64 drops of Lugolsch solution, i.e. 16 glasses of Lugolsch water plus the additional recommended 48 glasses of water without iodine. I cannot drink that much. I'm a little bit sensitive in my stomach. I'm not very good with liposomal vitamin C either. I don't have such a good stomach acid, rather a little too little.You could still order Ioderal 50, but they are really gigantic and I have a hard time swallowing and 8 of these tablets are hard on my stomach. Yes, I want to take this and if necessary I will go through with it.
But I ask you now: How do you take these higher doses? Do you have any tips or tricks?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version), sorry for bad english
16, 48 glasses of water with/without iodine? Is that a typo? Did you mean drops?
I can tolerate 100 mg of Lugols (5%, 16 drops) in one glass of water.

I took 1 gram (1000 mg) per day in four doses of 250 mg for a period of 2-3 weeks. I don't have a sensitive stomach but I can't drink such huge doses only with water - I took them mixed with full fat milk, ~1 dcl/dose. But, milk is a not an option for a lot of people, so that's a limited solution. Lugols is easier on the stomach if you eat a fatty meal before, but it can be hard on the throat.
I know some people use it transdermaly - maybe try rubbing it on the skin of arms, legs and belly.

I don't think you should go to such higher doses for general health @Stern . And if you have a particular health issue that makes you think these doses are necessary, I wouldn't recommend doing so without a knowledgeable practitioner that can guide you through it with the proper tests and follow ups.

If you read the whole thread, you'll see that those doses weren't recommended at all (unless I've missed it), and in fact, the standard recommendation is to go slowly and increase the doses little by little because people react to it differently depending on their current health status and several other factors.

Is there a particular reason you want to take 400mg of Iodine?

If you read the whole thread, you'll see that those doses weren't recommended at all (unless I've missed it), and in fact, the standard recommendation is to go slowly and increase the doses little by little because people react to it differently depending on their current health status and several other factors.

Stern is planing on taking 12.5 mg and to "pulse dose", something that is even recommended.
I must add, that we don't have information that very high doses (over 700 mg) cause problems. People often experimented on smaller doses (below 500 mg) and reported problems.

My experiment with high doses of Lugols is not over yet because I stopped briefly because of a blood donation, but it went like this:
- started with 100 mg and within 20 days reached to 1 gram (1000 mg);
- was on 4x250=1000 mg for 16 days (drank it with milk);

- discomforts: stomach bloating (salt loading really helped), very mild allergy symptoms, running nose, pimples on back and butt and scalp;
- benefits: overall I felt better than on low doses - mysterious left quadriceps inflamation/pain went away, a little better cognitive performace, super easy waking up in the morning, slept a little better, better selfcontrol, more motivation;
- I stopped suddenly to 12 mg, felt tired for 2 days and then superpowered for 3 days, now I feel probably same as I did before high doses.

Have in mind, that I have been taking iodine 4 years before this high doses experiment, religiously!

I plan to return to hight dose experiment and report back.

Hi Stern and wellcome to the forum! It is customary for newbies to introduce themselves in the dedicated section

Don't forget to check out Tips and advice for Newbies and the Forum Guidelines, if not yet done.

You might also want to read through the Diet and Health and EE-Breathing Program threads as well as the Recommended books: List and Guide. You also might be interested in the Knowledge and Being video made by Laura. It serves as an introduction to some of the concepts discussed here on the forum.

Note that there are some "off limits" areas to the forum that are restricted to all but active forum participants, and we ask you to please keep the noise down. You will also not be able to edit or delete your posts until you reach a minimum of 50 posts. In that respect, it pays to use the "Preview" button prior to posting your message so that you can see how your post will look to others.

Finally, there is so much information on this forum that before beginning a new thread or asking a question on a subject, it is recommended to use either the quick search function at the top of the page or the more advanced search function on the menu function.

Please note that on each section of the forum, you will see a sticky topic at the beginning of the list of topics. This sticky topic called "Important threads - Name of the section of the forum" contains all the important threads that should be read by all members.

For members interested in delving deeper into the material, check our Comprehensive Guide for the Serious Reader and download the Casswiki pdf. It is a very useful resource that can be used when you encounter concepts/terminology that you may not be familiar with. Also, if you're not aware of it, the Signs of the Times news page is an excellent place to get your news.

I'm a little bit sensitive in my stomach. I'm not very good with liposomal vitamin C either. I don't have such a good stomach acid, rather a little too little.

I had low stomach acid problems until I started taking Allithiamine at 100mg. Thiamine deficiency will cause this and other digestion symptoms as well as worsen food reactions. It needs to be taken with thiamine cofactors, and for stomach acid production it is important to take it with zinc. Read this thread: Thiamine (Vitamin B1) - A common deficiency in disorders of energy metabolism, cardiovascular and nervous system dysfunction . If this is your problem then you will probably find the thiamine helps in other ways as well.

Dear Yas.
Thank you. You're right, of course, and everyone should think first. Every body is different and it is important to take care of yourself. I have informed myself well and really read the complete iodine forum and would like to destroy inflammation foci and detoxify bromide with the weekly push dose. And it seems to be working.

Back
Top Bottom