Israel-Palestine War: Hamas Breaks Out of Gaza, Israel Responds With Genocide

Israel and USA voting Against was more or less to be expected. Interesting and kinda awkward/strange was that out of all European countries, 4 that voted Against - Austria, Croatia, Czechia and Hungary - were the ones that cca a century ago comprised the most of the late Austrian-Hungarian empire. What's that about? 🤔
Sorry but I hadn't seen your post when I posted basically asking the same question.

Last edited:
There are some countries that are not in Zionist camp, but for economic/internal political "reasons" chose to abstain. Even Ukraine also abstained after all the public statements in support of Israel.
I appreciate what you are saying, but I am still confused that countries like Hungary, the Czech Republic, Austria and Croatia should choose to oppose the resolution. What was their rationale for doing so? Perhaps Forum members who live in these countries may have more knowledge about their governments' reasons for voting against the resolution.​

Anyone who has the means should seriously think about stocking up on some extra fuel (petrol/diesel and/or gas). Any significant conflict that involves Iran and other gulf nations and the US/Israel will almost inevitably impact the production and supply of oil globally, leading to a large spike in prices and then shortages.
Extra fuel? Thank God our wonderful government anticipated this crisis and transitioned us to the electric gender by zapping us with electric cars, electric stoves, smart fridges, even smarter washing machines, digital water meters, bitcoins, cell towers, self phones, online hospitals; you name it, we are permanently gazing into soul-piercing LED lights while ingesting nanobot-infused veggies from our virtual reality headsets.

What a time to be alive!
All we need is a well-placed thunderbolt to get back to the Stone Age.

Thank you Schwabby, our beloved WEF oracle, for making crises more sustainable.

I watched tonight a fascinating discussion on GB News between Neil Oliver (one of my favourite historians) and Colonel Douglas MacGregor - see:

Macgregor is probably repeating much of what he has said already in recent days about the conflict but his military and economic assessment of the situation from an American perspective is quite sobering. It is well worth watching too for the impassioned speech Oliver makes at the top of the interview, which Macgregor seconded.​

I appreciate what you are saying, but I am still confused that countries like Hungary, the Czech Republic, Austria and Croatia should choose to oppose the resolution. What was their rationale for doing so? Perhaps Forum members who live in these countries may have more knowledge about their governments' reasons for voting against the resolution.​
Every body knows that there will be diplomatic lobbying happens before these types of UN voting. But each country has to make choice between their own official position ( foreign policy that is in line with country's political situation) and lobbying power (threats etc.). Not all votings are actionable. In this case, it is teeth-less and Israel doesn't care in any case and busy with war. So every body voted or abstained according to what they thought safe for their country according to public sentiment which suits their political needs.

It looks to me Public sentiment around the world is pro-palestine despite all the propaganda MSM spits out.

The former French prime minister, Dominique de Villespin, who opposed the Iraq war was interviewed yesterday. I found most of the interview on Telegram, translated into English apart from the first 2 minutes. He talks about looking for an enlightened diplomatic solution on Palestine instead of senseless revenge, which only furthers the problem. It is nice to see somebody in the West seeing things more nuanced than the usual black and white.

Here is the interview.

And here most of the translation (Telegram channel, Geroman):
All the comments of this program are very similar to what you say. So I will listen again the program and see if I change my point of vue, that was very negative when I listened to him. Everyone find him an excellent diplomat, very human and intelligent. So I will listen again to this man. Thank you! :-[

Actually, Colonel MacGregor has mentioned that both Hamas and Hezbollah have large operations in Mexico, so your suggestion is not far fetched at all.
The F16 has a range of about 300 nm. It would be lucky to get to DC from Venezuela (assuming a return trip). It is not going to attack locations in Syria flying out of Venezuela or Mexico.

If actual US F16s attacked locations in Syria the other day, then they flew out of locations that were fairly close. If they were Israeli F16s, then that is understandable.

Andy Devine, Twilight Zone: Hocus Pocus and Frisby.😂
View attachment 83955View attachment 83956
I have a confession to make. It wasn't the wonderful Andy Devine who played the US pilot riding the bomb in Dr Strangelove but the cowboy actor Slim Pickens instead (see: Slim Pickens - Wikipedia). This kind of mistake is what happens when you post late at night. Quoting from Wikipedia:​

Dr. Strangelove

Pickens played B-52 pilot Major T. J. "King" Kong in 1964's Dr. Strangelove. Stanley Kubrick cast Pickens after Peter Sellers, who played three other roles in the film, sprained his ankle and was unable to perform in the role due to having to work in the cramped cockpit set. Pickens was chosen because his accent and comic sense were perfect for the role of Kong, a cartoonishly patriotic and gung-ho B-52 commander. He was not given the script for the entire film, but only those portions in which he played a part.

He also said, though, that working with Stanley Kubrick proved too difficult due to Kubrick's perfectionist style of directing with multiple takes for nearly every shot, especially with the climactic H-bomb riding scene, which was done in just over 100 takes. :-O

I can't help feeling that it may have been Peter Sellers who influenced Stanley Kramer to end the movie with the wonderful Dame Vera Lynn singing We'll Meet Again. That certainly would fit with Sellers' sense of humour.

The F16 has a range of about 300 nm. It would be lucky to get to DC from Venezuela (assuming a return trip). It is not going to attack locations in Syria flying out of Venezuela or Mexico.

If actual US F16s attacked locations in Syria the other day, then they flew out of locations that were fairly close. If they were Israeli F16s, then that is understandable.
Just to clear up any confusion, my response had in mind the original point about the danger to the US of drone attacks:

Drones will be the nightmare of U.S., as we can see in the Ukrainian conflict they fly by hundreds if not thousands on the battlefield.
Like a modern slingshot weapon... used to tease the giant.

Maybe from here... or is it too far away ?

Mass drone attacks launched against the US from Mexico by Hamas and Hezbollah are certainly feasible and their operatives may even penetrate into the United States in the event of an all out war, given how porous the US-Mexico border is these days now that Biden is President. Indeed, Colonel MacGregor addressed the concern of the vulnerability of US installations to attack from within America in one of his recent interviews. He was not convinced there would be enough trained manpower to guard them all adequately in the event of a major war.​

I have a confession to make. It wasn't the wonderful Andy Devine who played the US pilot riding the bomb in Dr Strangelove but the cowboy actor Slim Pickens instead (see: Slim Pickens - Wikipedia). This kind of mistake is what happens when you post late at night. Quoting from Wikipedia:​

Dr. Strangelove

Pickens played B-52 pilot Major T. J. "King" Kong in 1964's Dr. Strangelove. Stanley Kubrick cast Pickens after Peter Sellers, who played three other roles in the film, sprained his ankle and was unable to perform in the role due to having to work in the cramped cockpit set. Pickens was chosen because his accent and comic sense were perfect for the role of Kong, a cartoonishly patriotic and gung-ho B-52 commander. He was not given the script for the entire film, but only those portions in which he played a part.

He also said, though, that working with Stanley Kubrick proved too difficult due to Kubrick's perfectionist style of directing with multiple takes for nearly every shot, especially with the climactic H-bomb riding scene, which was done in just over 100 takes. :-O

I can't help feeling that it may have been Peter Sellers who influenced Stanley Kramer to end the movie with the wonderful Dame Vera Lynn singing We'll Meet Again. That certainly would fit with Sellers' sense of humour.

You are correct sir! It was indeed Slim Pickins!
The ol’ Number 6

That is a curious list of countries voting against a ceasefire. The USA and Israel are a given but I am surprised at countries like Hungary (whose premier has just visited Putin and faced an angry reaction from EU and NATO allies for doing so), the Czech Republic, Austria and a number of Pacific island states voting against the resolution. Can anyone explain this? Most of the countries firmly in the Zionist camp chose to abstain.​

I too found the inclusion of Hungary in that list both strange and disturbing. What the actual f**k Orban??🤯

From Western Rifle Shooters Association – "This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.” – VADM James Stockdale, USN . They do a pretty good job of war coverage (good memes too!). Matt Bracken was a navy Seal who wrote some pretty good books about what might happen twenty years ago that are looking mighty prophetic today.

And the Kissinger quote was from Sept. 2012. He was only off by a year. What does he know, and do all the major players also know it? What is the real game here?

Attachments

• 12fb3e3c4bab52f1-1-1024x862.jpeg
    12fb3e3c4bab52f1-1-1024x862.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot-2023-10-28-at-7.39.31-AM-843x1024.png
    Screenshot-2023-10-28-at-7.39.31-AM-843x1024.png
    604.4 KB · Views: 50
  • kssinger-quote.jpeg
    kssinger-quote.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Every body knows that there will be diplomatic lobbying happens before these types of UN voting. But each country has to make choice between their own official position ( foreign policy that is in line with country's political situation) and lobbying power (threats etc.). Not all votings are actionable. In this case, it is teeth-less and Israel doesn't care in any case and busy with war. So every body voted or abstained according to what they thought safe for their country according to public sentiment which suits their political needs.

It looks to me Public sentiment around the world is pro-palestine despite all the propaganda MSM spits out.
I note what you are saying but do you think then that the Hungarian, Czech, Austrian and Croatian UN ambassadors when voting against a humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza, which basically was a vote giving the IDF carte blanche to continue its genocide, were reflecting public sentiment in these countries? I would be very surprised if that were the case. Were they possibly the subject of threats made behind the scenes by Israel or the USA. That may make more sense to me. However, the position they took still seems odd given that countries which are far more openly pro-Israel, like Britain and France (who have even sent forces to the region in support of Israel), abstained.​

Back
Top Bottom