Israel-Palestine War: Hamas Breaks Out of Gaza, Israel Responds With Genocide

In yesterday’s Mercouris video, he summed up an article from the Financial Times which said that Iran’s strike against Israel has been heavily brokered and co-ordinated with the US and Israel.
Makes sense and perhaps that's what happened. But there's that fact that you mention that knowing Israel they can act differently. As a nation, they are like the neighbourhood criminal who doesn't follow the rules. Or like the toxic family member around whom everyone else needs to walk on eggshells because they might go crazy at the least provocation.

So maybe Iran expects that they'll be even now an that will be it. And maybe Israel even agreed to it. But will it really comply? The temptation to get the US involved by escalating might be too much.

That's the sense I am getting from it as well, there will be condemnations and sanctions and a few attacks in retaliation, but I don't think it'll be a massive escalation... could be wrong and wishfully thinking, but I am not getting the sense that this will escalate further.

Let's see how it all evolves.

I may be wishfully thinking as well but I agree with these assesments. The sense I get is it is a contained theatre of war (with minor escalations) and despite of the volatility of some of the psychopathic actors in it (bloodthirsty Bibi + fanatical religious faction) which can be contained, it will not become a major clash between Israel and Iran. The reason possibly being that there is no intent to militarily make a stand against the horrific crimes in Gaza, no conscious choice to open such a front by Iran like Russia did in Ukraine

Last edited:
Makes sense and perhaps that's what happened. But there's that fact that you mention that knowing Israel they can act differently. As a nation, they are like the neighbourhood criminal who doesn't follow the rules. Or like the toxic family member around whom everyone else needs to walk on eggshells because they might go crazy at the least provocation.

So maybe Iran expects that they'll be even now an that will be it. And maybe Israel even agreed to it. But will it really comply? The temptation to get the US involved by escalating might be too much.

Yeah, and my guess is that Iran knows this about the Zionists. I don't think they would have carried out this operation and then naively thought that was the end of it. That's kinda like Putin trusting the Minsk accords. Who knows what it'll be like in this case. At least if I was Iran, I would probably have military contingency plans, and be prepared for a larger conflict, sanctions, terror attacks, Mossad, etc.

Iran launched around 150 ballistic missiles, in two waves, which already hit their targets. That's much more serious than still traveling drones. I think that there wasn't agreement in this atack. Possibly, there will be more ballistic missiles after the swarms of drones saturate and exhaust the Israeli air defence. Drones are dangerous by themselves, but that depends on their number. It should be hundreds of them, if not thousands.

Yeah, that doesn't really describe the situation. The main target was one or two military/airbases in S. Israel. Ramona being one. At least one of those bases was hit with a few ballistic missiles with relatively small warheads.

That's about it. Most of the drones were probably without warheads, i.e. decoys.

Israel spent about $1 billion on AD missiles to shoot them down.

Iranians are happy "the Zionist regime got a smack"

Iranian govt. is happy that the people are happy.

Israelis are happy their air defense kept them safe.

Israeli govt. is happy it got more propaganda material and support from the world, especially the US in the form of more money.

American govt. is happy to distract Americans from the problems in the USA.

Everyone wins, even the Palestinians, because tonight was the first night in 6 months that Gaza wasn't bombed by Israel.

Joe are you suggesting though that this attack has been agreed at the higher levels as acceptable?
It is also interesting that this attack happened on a weekend when the stock markets are closed, presumably to prevent sharp falls. I suppose Iran may be doing this more for China and Russia, rather than Western stock markets though. Or maybe Iran did reach a secret agreement with the US on "acceptable escalation", including the timeframe.

It is also interesting that this attack happened on a weekend when the stock markets are closed, presumably to prevent sharp falls. I suppose Iran may be doing this more for China and Russia, rather than Western stock markets though. Or maybe Iran did reach a secret agreement with the US on "acceptable escalation", including the timeframe.

Remember also that we have the working assumption that the death of Solemani was agreed to beforehand.

The level of cynicism and theater - around war in particular - among the political class would blow most people's minds.

Hand wringing and pearl clutching and hysteria is for the great unwashed. They like it when people respond in that way. Makes them more easily corralled and maneuvered in a particular direction. At the very least it's a great distraction from matters of much more significance for the people.

So are the brics countries working together to weaken USA/Israeli/NATO on a long term plan without escalating into all our war. Thinking they'll destroy themselves from within.
I'm trying to get my head round the scripted part. The west's control is is weakening. The Ukraine conflict has been costly and hasn't had the desired outcome. The Houthi's have caused issues supporting the Palestinians with the shipping blockade.
The Israeli/middle east is another front that the west cannot afford to escalate. I realise there is more to it than that!!
I find it hard to understand how the brics countries/Iran can strike deals with USA/Israel knowing they will not adhere to any agreements made.
Unless the Iranians are willingly sacrificing certain individuals as in the Syrian embassy incident so they gain intelligence such as CIA/mossad operatives revealing themselves? Or the people killed aren't that important in the grand scheme of things
Bibi and Israel don't appear give a flying **** what anyone else thinks. Just think it's a dangerous game to be played with Israel.

Remember also that we have the working assumption that the death of Solemani was agreed to beforehand.

The level of cynicism and theater - around war in particular - among the political class would blow most people's minds.

Hand wringing and pearl clutching and hysteria is for the great unwashed. They like it when people respond in that way. Makes them more easily corralled and maneuvered in a particular direction. At the very least it's a great distraction from matters of much more significance for the people.
I was thinking about Solemani's death while making my last post. So the middle eastern populations are as easily manipulated and controlled as the western ones?

It was such a serious attack that Israel has asked for sanctions against Iran.

Israeli Foreign Minister: "We need to classify the Iranian Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist organization and impose effective sanctions against Iran"

:lol:

So are the brics countries working together to weaken USA/Israeli/NATO on a long term plan without escalating into all our war. Thinking they'll destroy themselves from within.

I suppose that's their plan. But not so easily implemented. Changing the world order is risky business, not least for BRICS countries.

I'm trying to get my head round the scripted part. The west's control is is weakening. The Ukraine conflict has been costly and hasn't had the desired outcome. The Houthi's have caused issues supporting the Palestinians with the shipping blockade.

The desired outcome of Ukraine was to make money for Western, especially US, defense contractors and their political friends. Mission accomplished.

The Israeli/middle east is another front that the west cannot afford to escalate. I realise there is more to it than that!!

Yeah, can't afford to escalate because they all want to maintain control. You can't have a major and real war in the ME and not expect things to go pear-shaped for all. It could conceivably reduce govt. control over populations.

I find it hard to understand how the brics countries/Iran can strike deals with USA/Israel knowing they will not adhere to any agreements made.

We're not talking about economic deals here, and we're not talking about BRICS, but Iran and the US and Israel. Those 3 have a real requirement to coordinate.

Unless the Iranians are willingly sacrificing certain individuals as in the Syrian embassy incident so they gain intelligence such as CIA/mossad operatives revealing themselves? Or the people killed aren't that important in the grand scheme of things

Not sacrifice so much as to accept it as part of the business.

Bibi and Israel don't appear give a flying **** what anyone else thinks. Just think it's a dangerous game to be played with Israel.

Yeah, Israel is a bit of a wild card, but at the end of the day, the power player just want to maintain power and control.

Back
Top Bottom