Japan - 8.9 Earthquake - Fukushima Meltdown

[quote author=c.a. ]
:shock: This is all so convoluted it's beyond comprehension.

FAIRWINDSASSOCIATES
Gundersen Gives Testimony to NRC ACRS: Thursday May 26, 2011
http://fairewinds.com/content/gundersen-gives-testimony-nrc-acrs?
[/quote]

Just finished watching Arnie speak to the NRC ACRS and have paid attention to his weekly communiqués since the Japanese disaster. If Arnie knew the basis of Ponerology, he would know what he is up against. Yet, as an engineer, under his professional scope of practice, he at least has the patience and discernment to call this body on their blindness and deaf ears. It was mentioned in his opening address that he had submitted at one time his application to the NRC ACRS. It seems clear that they did not want him then and they do not want him now to voice, however, they can’t dismiss him, but they can limit him to 5 measly minutes and garble the transmission to boot. :(

Received this open letter link buy email tonight and thought this mothers words need to be echoed.

http://kymkemp.com/2011/05/27/sad-letter-from-a-fukushima-mother/

Sad Letter From a Fukushima Mother
27 May

A Tokyo-based business, economy and technology reporter for The New York Times, HirokoTabuchi, received the following letter from a mother worried for her kids’ health living in Fukushima.

Letter from a Fukushima mother

When Tomoko-san, a mother of two in Fukushima City, heard from an NGO worker that I was going to be in Fukushima to report on a story about radiation levels at local schools, she was kind enough to volunteer her time to speak to me – and handed me this letter. I promised to translate it and share it with you. So here it is:

To people in the United States and around the world,

I am so sorry for the uranium and plutonium that Japan has released into the environment. The fallout from Fukushima has already circled the world many times, reaching Hawaii, Alaska, and even New York.

We live 60 kilometers (37 miles) from the plant and our homes have been contaminated beyond levels seen at Chernobyl. The cesium-137 they are finding in the soil will be here for 30 years. But the government will not help us. They tell us to stay put. They tell our kids to put on masks and hats and keep going to school.

This summer, our children won’t be able to go swimming. They won’t be able to play outside. They can’t eat Fukushima’s delicious peaches. They can’t even eat the rice that the Fukushima farmers are making. They can’t go visit Fukushima’s beautiful rivers, mountains and lakes. This makes me sad. This fills me with so much regret.

Instead, our children will spend the summer in their classrooms, with no air conditioning, sweating as they try to concentrate on their lessons. We don’t even know how much radiation they’ve already been exposed to.

I was eight years old when the Fukushima Daiichi plant opened. If I had understood what they were building, I would have fought against it. I didn’t realize that it contained dangers that would threaten my children, my children’s children and their children.

I am grateful for all the aid all the world has sent us. Now, what we ask is for you to speak out against the Japanese government. Pressure them into taking action. Tell them to make protecting children their top priority.

Thank you so much,

Tomoko Hatsuzawa
Fukushima City
May 25, 20119/quote]

"If Arnie knew the basis of Ponerology, he would know what he is up against."

I think he has some understanding of what he's up against. He said in an interview when he first blew the whistle on the industry in the early 90's, he was promptly fired from his job. My guess is it was from GE since they're one of the few companies involved in nuclear power and is headquartered in Conn. Next came lawsuits which drove him into foreclosure and bankruptcy. This litigation went on for 5 years. He was then "given the option" of settling or more of the same. He settled. It's good to see he has moved on with his life. It's even better to see that he has continued the fight, with the internet as his platform and ally.

After seeing his many interviews and presentations, I think he would benefit greatly if he expanded his sphere of knowledge and expertise. He seemed quite naive in areas outside of nuclear power. His comments about 911 for example showed he's almost as clueless as much of the population.

sitting said:
I think he has some understanding of what he's up against. He said in an interview when he first blew the whistle on the industry in the early 90's, he was promptly fired from his job. My guess is it was from GE since they're one of the few companies involved in nuclear power and is headquartered in Conn. Next came lawsuits which drove him into foreclosure and bankruptcy. This litigation went on for 5 years. He was then "given the option" of settling or more of the same. He settled. It's good to see he has moved on with his life. It's even better to see that he has continued the fight, with the internet as his platform and ally.
After seeing his many interviews and presentations, I think he would benefit greatly if he expanded his sphere of knowledge and expertise. He seemed quite naive in areas outside of nuclear power. His comments about 911 for example showed he's almost as clueless as much of the population.

He reminds me very much of my father. He's also been hit hard for telling his piece... and still he believes people are "created equal". Is that being obyvatel?

He's also an engineer ;D

tonosama said:
@Aya
:) I like farm to, I'm actually born on the farm in Europe, here in Japan I have a garden with vegetables and some fruits.
If I have enough I will send some veggies to you if you wish :)

Thank you for your kindness, tonosama.

rrraven said:
hi Aya have you considered wwoofing?
http://www.wwoof.org/
WWOOF is a world wide network of organizations.
We link volunteers with organic farmers, and help people share more sustainable ways of living.

WWOOF is an exchange - In return for volunteer help, WWOOF hosts offer food, accommodation and opportunities to learn about organic lifestyles.

WWOOF organizations link people who want to volunteer on organic farms or smallholdings with people who are looking for volunteer help.

as you are not paid you don't need a working visa to wwoof tourist visa will do

Thank you, rrraven. wwoofing is in my consideration too. If I am on a tourist visa, I can stay up to 90 days in most countries. (also it depends on a place)
I can go volunteering but eventually I have to move again to a different place and work. It is not a bad idea, I can find a way as I go along.
I am going to look more deep into the website.

Parallax said:
Sad Letter From a Fukushima Mother
27 May

A Tokyo-based business, economy and technology reporter for The New York Times, HirokoTabuchi, received the following letter from a mother worried for her kids’ health living in Fukushima.

Letter from a Fukushima mother

When Tomoko-san, a mother of two in Fukushima City, heard from an NGO worker that I was going to be in Fukushima to report on a story about radiation levels at local schools, she was kind enough to volunteer her time to speak to me – and handed me this letter. I promised to translate it and share it with you. So here it is:

To people in the United States and around the world,

I am so sorry for the uranium and plutonium that Japan has released into the environment. The fallout from Fukushima has already circled the world many times, reaching Hawaii, Alaska, and even New York.

We live 60 kilometers (37 miles) from the plant and our homes have been contaminated beyond levels seen at Chernobyl. The cesium-137 they are finding in the soil will be here for 30 years. But the government will not help us. They tell us to stay put. They tell our kids to put on masks and hats and keep going to school.

This summer, our children won’t be able to go swimming. They won’t be able to play outside. They can’t eat Fukushima’s delicious peaches. They can’t even eat the rice that the Fukushima farmers are making. They can’t go visit Fukushima’s beautiful rivers, mountains and lakes. This makes me sad. This fills me with so much regret.

Instead, our children will spend the summer in their classrooms, with no air conditioning, sweating as they try to concentrate on their lessons. We don’t even know how much radiation they’ve already been exposed to.

I was eight years old when the Fukushima Daiichi plant opened. If I had understood what they were building, I would have fought against it. I didn’t realize that it contained dangers that would threaten my children, my children’s children and their children.

I am grateful for all the aid all the world has sent us. Now, what we ask is for you to speak out against the Japanese government. Pressure them into taking action. Tell them to make protecting children their top priority.

Thank you so much,

Tomoko Hatsuzawa
Fukushima City
May 25, 20119

This is really heartbreaking. I read it and it makes me angry ...again! :curse:
But I want to echo the same thing. I am very sorry for what happened to Japan and how it has been affecting the whole world. I was also a part of people who were ignorant and allowed our governments and cooperation to do what they wanted...it makes me feel empty. We cannot keep letting this happen on goingly. Unfortunately, I think this lady is one of the minority who is concerned about future generations and is aware of the controls and lies of the Japanese government. Actually, I heard that "old people" in Fukushima are rather being quiet than speaking up because they do not want to evacuate.

It is hard to give up their careers, homes, and everything they know.
By the way, my father's is from Fukushima so that Fukushima is my motherland. I read the letter and it remind me big sweet Fukushima peaches.... :halo: not just that, I have a lot of great memories about Fukushima that I can write down about for hundred pages. It is very "un-fortunate" that Fukushima is now known to people around the world - for a bad name.

I deeply hope that at least children can find a way to leave Fukushima very soon.

[quote author=sitting ]

[/quote]

Thanks for some of the background on Arnie, he indeed understands through his experiences the harshness of this world he faces, even to a very large degree the things he is up against. He may even be very intuitive about the ponerogenesis process that this industry has undergone, as many do within their own spheres of work, both big and small. The language and nuances of Ponerology however is something that seem unfortunately little understood, let alone easily applied to the totality of matters in our world. I wonder if people knowing these things earlier in life would have made the same decisions along their life path if faced with pathological breeding grounds in vocation. Perhaps more rational people would have stood fast against its veiled processes - even knowing these things then would be difficult to counteract given the nature of this pathological osmosis. I’m grateful for what Arnie does with his voice, his path, against these odds in telling it how it is.

[quote author=Aya]
This is really heartbreaking. I read it and it makes me angry ...again! :curse:
But I want to echo the same thing. I am very sorry for what happened to Japan and how it has been affecting the whole world. I was also a part of people who were ignorant and allowed our governments and cooperation to do what they wanted...it makes me feel empty. We cannot keep letting this happen on goingly. Unfortunately, I think this lady is one of the minority who is concerned about future generations and is aware of the controls and lies of the Japanese government. Actually, I heard that "old people" in Fukushima are rather being quiet than speaking up because they do not want to evacuate.

It is hard to give up their careers, homes, and everything they know.
By the way, my father's is from Fukushima so that Fukushima is my motherland. I read the letter and it remind me big sweet Fukushima peaches.... :halo: not just that, I have a lot of great memories about Fukushima that I can write down about for hundred pages. It is very "un-fortunate" that Fukushima is now known to people around the world - for a bad name.

I deeply hope that at least children can find a way to leave Fukushima very soon.
[/quote]

This letter would indeed hit hard for you Aya, for which I’m sorry. Fwiw, when you said “ I was also a part of people who were ignorant and allowed our governments and cooperation to do what they wanted...it makes me feel empty.”, I think most around the world looking into a mirror could, if they thought about it, say the same within the realities of what has gone on within their own countries on many levels. Japan was not the first mishap with this foolish nuclear steam endeavor, nor will it likely be the last, which does not make it any easier for the people living in this reality in Japan, both old and young – their pain is first and foremost. It is sad that there are just so many damned ways our sleeping ignorance coupled with our apathy and willingness has allowed government or controls to dictate the irresponsible or horrific. But please do not be too hard on yourself; you and the people of Japan did not build this knowing its flawed limitations when the lies came forth like honey by the people who knew or should have known better.

I hope you and yours and the people of Japan who are most affected can find some peace and relative safety soon. :hug:

[quote author=c.a. ]
:shock: This is all so convoluted it's beyond comprehension.

FAIRWINDSASSOCIATES
Gundersen Gives Testimony to NRC ACRS: Thursday May 26, 2011
http://fairewinds.com/content/gundersen-gives-testimony-nrc-acrs?
[/quote]

after I watched this video I felt the need to send them an E-Mail:

to Mr and Ms Gundersen and Co,

keep up the good work and don't let it get you down when some ignore or attack you (be it conscious or unconscious) !
there are people like my self that are happy to see people like you that are interested in the truth instead of prefabricated propaganda to support a certain believe or agenda that is based on nonsense !
I and others support you and your courage to speak the truth out in the open !
It's worth it.

Thought I'd mention these to see if SoTT might be interested (assuming this is news to anyone).

A possibly interesting site about the Japanese nuclear reactors and the 11 March 2011 earthquake:

http://bravenewclimate.com/2011/03/12/japan-nuclear-earthquake/

It outlines exactly how the Fukushima Daiichi plant (unit 1) was built, what security mechanisms it had, which of them have failed, and what has entered the atmosphere. In essence, the plant accident seems like it will have a bigger impact on the Japanese economy (in terms of recovery and deconstruction costs, as well as power shortages) than it will on the world in terms of leaked radioactive materials. But this is speculation, and some have said they may be exaggerating costs.

----------------------------------

Also, an article about a "world energy crunch" because of nuclear and oil 'going wrong':

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/globalbusiness/8386829/World-energy-crunch-as-nuclear-and-oil-both-go-wrong.html

Bud said:
Thought I'd mention these to see if SoTT might be interested (assuming this is news to anyone).

A possibly interesting site about the Japanese nuclear reactors and the 11 March 2011 earthquake:

http://bravenewclimate.com/2011/03/12/japan-nuclear-earthquake/

It outlines exactly how the Fukushima Daiichi plant (unit 1) was built, what security mechanisms it had, which of them have failed, and what has entered the atmosphere. In essence, the plant accident seems like it will have a bigger impact on the Japanese economy (in terms of recovery and deconstruction costs, as well as power shortages) than it will on the world in terms of leaked radioactive materials. But this is speculation, and some have said they may be exaggerating costs.

----------------------------------

Also, an article about a "world energy crunch" because of nuclear and oil 'going wrong':

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/globalbusiness/8386829/World-energy-crunch-as-nuclear-and-oil-both-go-wrong.html

Taking a look at his site he has a big shiny 'nuclear power yes please' logo, articles about climate change deniers and skeptics. - It's quite clear which side of the argument he is on.

The nuclear article you present the author suggests

1. There is no credible risk of a serious accident.

So, I just wonder in what way you find it interesting?

Hi Pob. Sorry, I should have clarified. It was the actual detailed description of the plant I found interesting and thought others would too. As far as "what side of the argument he's on", I assume you're talking about the "pro vs con" debate? To me that's a no-brainer - the dangers of nuclear power plants are obvious, so I wasn't thinking along those lines. :)

venusian said:
tonosama said:
I know it is bad, but I can't just go back to Europe with my family. Even when it get worst.
About Europe, I saw this here
and I don't know where I will be save. So the radioactivity is probably everywhere.
This video have some info
Nuclear Facts A very clued in professional who will not be bought or intimidated into silence: Dr Helen Caldicott, true to style, tells it as it is. As she sees it, you wont usually hear the truth so listen up.. Nuclear fallout from Japan and Canada, You won't hear this on the news!
So what you guys thinking about if this is not disinformation than what?

Are you asking whether Dr Helen Caldicott is spreading disinfo? I would tend to think not. She has been trying to raise people's awareness of the dangers of nuclear power for many years. You can read on her website some of the research and study that backs up her position.

Watching Helen with her substantial knowledge, on the verge of losing it, plus checking out
_http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/fukushima-prefecture-jp

"Stabilizing reactors at Fukushima by year's end may be impossible, TEPCO says - Kyodo"

I thought: what if they can't cover the plants emission by the end of the year and then other disasters draw resources / forces away from the area, Fukushima may remain emitting forever. No pun intended on already released poison.

The alchemist, who allegedly showed up (before WWII) warning about the power of the atom and Fulcanelli's remark:

Totus mundus in maligno positus est

now gained an entirely new meaning for me.

Add to this the knowledge about Earth effectively being a Lizard chicken coop. I could only think, that the recruiters called many and may have told us at some point that with high probability even the strong won't survive this mission. Only the strongest may survive and they only to bind/anchor the alternate wave on Earth, while the Wave is here to rebalance this realm toward STO so this sector isn't lost again for 300Kyrs.

I can see only this reason. Nothing material - 3rd D. - moves me "in category as things worthy to be saved" anymore just concentrating on this task: Attracting STO/reading the alternate wave.

Maybe soon our whole energy will be taken up by - not by "DO"-ing as now, but just observing the news and remaining non-expired.

Current Up Dates June 5th, 2011: FAIRWINDSASSOCIATES http://fairewinds.com/ :shock:

White House & NRC Recommend 50 Mile Fukushima Evacuation, Yet Insist US Safe With Only 10 Fairewinds' chief engineer Arnie Gundersen emphasizes the need to enlarge evacuation zones around US nuclear plants to 50 miles. Reducing US evacuation zones to only 10 miles during a nuclear power accident compromises public safety.
http://fairewinds.com/content/white-house-nrc-recommend-50-mile-fukushima-evacuation-yet-insist-us-safe-only-10?

Audio and Written Transcript: June 3, 2011

Gundersen Speaks with Chris Martenson on Current Status of Fukushima (Part I)
http://fairewinds.com/content/gundersen-speaks-chris-martenson-current-status-fukushima-part-i

Gundersen Speaks with Chris Martenson on Current Status of Fukushima (Part II)
http://fairewinds.com/content/gundersen-speaks-chris-martenson-current-status-fukushima-part-ii

VIDEO UPDATE: Jue 7th, 2011
CNN's John King interviews Arnie Gundersen about the Hot Particles discovered in Japan and the US. CNN's John King and Arnie Gundersen discuss "hot particles" detected in Seattle and Japan, the cozy relationship between Japanese regulator NISA (Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency) and plant owner TEPCO, and changes at the Fukushima accident site since March. John King and Arnie Gundersen also discuss how TEPCO's acknowledgement today of another error in calculating radiation dose more than doubles the amount of radioactivity to which people in the Northern Hemisphere have been exposed.

http://fairewinds.com/content/cnns-john-king-interviews-arnie-gundersen-about-hot-particles-discovered-japan-and-us

some thoughts that hammer in my mind :

It would look very bad for live on earth when something big happens, like a blackout in large portions of the planet.
can you imagine many atomic plant's burning down and how the world would look like in the future ?
this technology and how it is managed is so ignorand and suicidal it's unbelievable. It's one of the biggest stupiditys mankind has ever seen !

when nothing changes in this regard and something big happens you can say good bye to live on earth :bye: .

_http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_JAPAN_EARTHQUAKE?SITE=FLSTU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Jun 18, 6:09 AM EDT

Water cleanup system shut down at Japan nuke plant

By MARI YAMAGUCHI
Associated Press

TOKYO (AP) -- A system to clean massive amounts of contaminated water at the site of Japan's nuclear disaster was shut down Saturday, just hours after it began full operations, because a component filled with radioactivity much more quickly than expected.

Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the tsunami-hit Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant, is investigating the cause and isn't sure when it will restart the system, company spokesman Junichi Matsumoto said.

Fresh water is being pumped in to cool damaged reactor cores, and is getting contaminated in the process. Some 105,000 tons of highly radioactive water have pooled across the plant, and could overflow within a couple of weeks if action is not taken.

In earlier tests, the water treatment system reduced cesium levels in the water to about one-10,000th of their original levels. The system began full operations Friday night after a series of problems involving leaks and valve flaws.

The system was suspended in early Saturday when workers detected a sharp radiation increase in the system's cesium-absorbing component, Matsumoto said. Radioactivity in one of 24 cartridges, which was expected to last for a few weeks, had already reached its limit within five hours, he said.

Japan's March 11 earthquake and tsunami knocked out power to the nuclear plant, incapacitating its crucial cooling systems and causing three reactor cores to melt. TEPCO aims to bring the reactors to a stable cold shutdown state by early January.

The water treatment system is to be eventually connected to a cooling system so the treated water can be reused. But treating the water will create an additional headache - tons of highly radioactive sludge will require a separate long-term storage space.

The Fukushima crisis shattered Japan's confidence in the safety of nuclear energy and prompted anti-nuclear sentiment. But there are also concerns that Japan will face a serious summertime power crunch unless more of its reactors get back on line.

Of Japan's 54 nuclear reactors, more than 30 - including six at Fukushima Dai-ichi and several others that stopped due to the quake - are out of operation.

Economy and Industry Minister Banri Kaieda said Saturday that the rest of the nuclear plants in Japan are safe and their reactors should resume operations as soon as their ongoing regular checks are completed. He said nationwide inspections this week have found that Japanese nuclear power plants are now prepared for accidents as severe as the one that crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi.

Resumption of about a dozen reactors undergoing regular checkups is up in the air amid growing local residents' fear of nuclear accidents. Many of the plants' hometown officials have said restarting any pending reactors would be impossible amid the ongoing crisis.

Kaieda, however, said Japan needs the power. "Stable electric supply is indispensable for Japan's reconstruction from the disaster and its economic recovery," he said in a statement.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency instructed Japanese nuclear operators to improve their preparedness for severe accidents earlier this month and conducted nationwide on-site inspections this week.

The inspections focused on measures to reduce the risk of hydrogen explosions inside containment buildings as one of the lessons learned from the Fukushima crisis, the world's worst atomic accident since Chernobyl.

Japanese nuclear plant operators have already taken other steps to improve accident management since the disaster to maintain core cooling capacity during blackouts.

This article, by Jim Stone raises some interesting questions regarding the Fukushima Quake and subsequent tsunami. The information presented and the logic used seems correct, and I am embarrassed to admit that when viewing the footage of tsunami, I had not noticed that there was visibility no discernible damage to homes or factories on shore. A 9.0 earthquake so close to the Japanese shore should have created a hellish situation before the tsunami even arrived. The author then points out further anomalies of the earthquake data, and what should or should not have happened at the nuclear site. Although somethings are technically difficult for me to research further, generally I tend to side with Jim Stone on his reasoning because it makes sense but I am not a nuclear physicist etc. The article then goes on to speculate that the tsunami was not natural and what might have caused it and thus the cover up of the truth. Interesting that there are Israelis involved and there is a check into _Fairewinds.com spokesman Arnie Gundersen's background and credentials. Some of the speculation is a bit out there, but it is fascinating non the less.

_http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/fukushima.html

He, so far, seems genuine in finding the truth...

_http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/truthproject.html

Back
Top Bottom