Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

Perhaps it was already mentioned in some other thread, but tried searching for it and couldn't find it.

First, there was this posted on SOTT last year:

The woke academics running the English Department at Rutgers University are staging a full frontal assault on grammar, somehow managing to implicate the linguistic rules that allow us to understand each other's speech in colonialism.

But this was only the beginning. Now we have this:

At Hull University, a new policy says the requirement for a high level of proficiency in written English can be seen as 'homogenous, North European, white, male, and elite'

Students studying at the University of Hull will not be marked down for poor spelling, grammar and punctuation in exams because it would be 'elitist'.

It comes as lecturers have been told that insisting on good written English discriminates against ethnic minorities and those who went to "underperforming" schools.

The Office for Students wants to reduce the gap between the proportion of white and black students gaining good degrees and cut dropout rates among poorer students.

In response, some universities have been adopting so-called "inclusive assessment", a more flexible scheme first introduced to level the playing field for students with conditions such as dyslexia.

I am all for allowing people with dyslexia to benefit from higher education. And apparently there are methods and strategies that deal with such limitation. But making it a blanket approach appears to be a direct way toward further degradation.

Last edited:
I am all for allowing people with dyslexia to benefit from higher education. And apparently they are methods and strategies that deal with such limitation. But making it a blanket approach appears to be a direct way toward further degradation.
This is their definition of equality: equity. Where everyone is equally dumb and poor.

At least France tries to fight the linguistic craziness. Interestingly enough, French deputy education minister used the same argument of people with learning disabilities, this time saying that inclusive language will make it harder for them to learn French.

The ongoing battle to make the French language kinder to women – or at least take better account of their existence in French society – lost some ground this week as France's education ministry came down against one form of gender-inclusive writing as an existential threat to the language of Molière. But proponents of more inclusive French also made significant gains....

By challenging traditional norms of French usage, inclusive writing makes the language harder to learn, penalising pupils with learning difficulties, the minister, Nathalie Elimas, argued.

“It dislocates words, breaks them into two," she said. “With the spread of inclusive writing, the English language – already quasi-hegemonic across the world – would certainly and perhaps forever defeat the French language.”

Arguments over gender-inclusive language are raging elsewhere in Europe, too.

The RAE (Royal Spanish Academy), which is described in Wikipedia as "Spain's official royal institution with a mission to ensure the stability of the Spanish language", and has influence over the national academies of the rest of the Spanish speaking world, has been opposed to "inclusive language", which just means to "de-gender" Spanish.

When it comes to gender-inclusive language, though, the Royal Spanish Academy says the form is “artificial and unnecessary” because the masculine-plural already encompasses all genders. Rosalía Vázquez, a copy editor in Ecuador, says grammatically speaking, the academy is correct.

Jordan takes the jab, and his fan react with dismay.

"Big Pharma got you doc" from anti-vaxxers tweeting back to Jordan Peterson.

I'm guessing that most of Peterson's millions that have listen to him are resisting this totalitarian takeover, and feeling bewildered at his blind spot (blind spot(s) some of them tweeted 'I learned from you about this, how did you fall for it?' (paraphrased) the tweets are below in the article.

The RAE (Royal Spanish Academy), which is described in Wikipedia as "Spain's official royal institution with a mission to ensure the stability of the Spanish language", and has influence over the national academies of the rest of the Spanish speaking world, has been opposed to "inclusive language", which just means to "de-gender" Spanish.
Can you even imagine how ridiculous it would be to try to degenderize the Romance languages?! OMG will they actually try?? Oh wait-Esperanto here we come!

As an aside, but I believe this is related to the Jordan Peterson’s blind spots that are being discussed here.

Dave Rubin:

Dave was Jordan Peterson’s companion for most, if not all of his lectures. I’ve been watching DR a few times a week and observing his coming into his own groove. He does a good job, and getting bolder in taking sides even swearing a bit. Then today while watching at minute 18:50 he put a Netanyahu video on, then he went off an impassioned monologue about the virtues of Israel, the wonderful dome, and how the Palestinians should just leave, go to Egypt or somewhere. There never was a Palestine. Buffoons are taking the Palestinians’ side. And more! Then at minute 31:40 if the covid came out of china “we’re going to have to deal with that” How can DR not see ‘any’ nuance in the Israeli vs Palestinian saga? Is it a coincidence that both DR and JP have major blind spots? It can be said that we all have a few blind spots, but their blind spots are gargantuan! Or, maybe that the wrong name for what we are witnessing. Video below.

Here's another example of completely faulty thinking. I wonder how their brain doesn't explode from all the cognitive dissonance. :rolleyes:

Amid the disturbing rise in attacks on Asian Americans since March 2020 is a troubling category of these assaults: Black people are also attacking Asian Americans.

White people are the main perpetrators of anti-Asian racism. But in February 2021, a Black person pushed an elderly Asian man to the ground in San Francisco; the man later died from his injuries. In another video, from New York City on March 29, 2021, a Black person pushes and beats an Asian American woman on the sidewalk in front of a doorway while onlookers observe the attack, then close their door on the woman without intervening or providing aid...

The point I’ve made through all of those experiences is that anti-Asian racism has the same source as anti-Black racism: white supremacy. So when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it.

So the author calls "white supremacy" an ideology, and says that it doesn't matter if the attacker is black, he is still a "white supremacist".

Essentially, instead of explaining the attacks as a pathological behaviour that is present in all cultures and races, they themselves emphasis the race component and put an ideological twist on it. It's truly remarkable the level of brainwashing and brain twisting they go through. It's exactly how it is described in Ponerology.

Last edited:
As an aside, but I believe this is related to the Jordan Peterson’s blind spots that are being discussed here.

Dave Rubin:

Dave was Jordan Peterson’s companion for most, if not all of his lectures. I’ve been watching DR a few times a week and observing his coming into his own groove. He does a good job, and getting bolder in taking sides even swearing a bit. Then today while watching at minute 18:50 he put a Netanyahu video on, then he went off an impassioned monologue about the virtues of Israel, the wonderful dome, and how the Palestinians should just leave, go to Egypt or somewhere. There never was a Palestine. Buffoons are taking the Palestinians’ side. And more! Then at minute 31:40 if the covid came out of china “we’re going to have to deal with that” How can DR not see ‘any’ nuance in the Israeli vs Palestinian saga? Is it a coincidence that both DR and JP have major blind spots? It can be said that we all have a few blind spots, but their blind spots are gargantuan! Or, maybe that the wrong name for what we are witnessing. Video below.

The Faultless Israel thing is endemic across most, if not all, YouTube conservative and otherwise level-headed channels.

It seems a little strange to see that people like Steven Crowder are being banished from the platform when they are similarly very pro-Israel. Does that mean the Leftist Mob and Medical Cartels take priority over Israel?

It makes me wonder if Israel's clout is slipping down the power totem pole, or perhaps it's all part of some long game. (Christians just don't seem to be effective if they aren't being fed to lions intermittently. The victim narrative takes many forms).

Though, at this point in the game, I wonder if there even IS a game. Everything is so chaotic that nobody's plans seem to be surviving contact with the enemy -whatever enemy is being faced by whatever army.

Back
Top Bottom