Karmic and Simple Understandings.

Remember, those who really know what they are talking about can write so that a 12-year-old can understand what they are saying because they understand what they are saying. So don't be intimidated by them. So many, many posts by everyone here have value whether we, who are posting, think they do, or not. If they are not, we are usually told so and that helps us to learn and grow. It's a win-win situation.

Thanks for this, Nienna, very good advice in your words here. I actually internalise this idea too, in that in order to really understand things I condense ideas and words so my own inner kid can understand things too, I don't want any parts of my soul to miss out on good info. It's a very good habit to get into.

I'd like to just say something about what I quoted above.

First, not everyone who appears to be a greater mind is one. They may look like they are by their verbose posting styles, but that doesn't mean there is any high intellect involved. Remember, those who really know what they are talking about can write so that a 12-year-old can understand what they are saying because they understand what they are saying. So don't be intimidated by them. So many, many posts by everyone here have value whether we, who are posting, think they do, or not. If they are not, we are usually told so and that helps us to learn and grow. It's a win-win situation.

Second, I'd like to remind everyone that what is important in doing the Work is the Striving. Here's what Laura had to say about it:

Laura posted this after a particular session she was impressed with and all of the information contained within it. What I quoted above is a ways down the post. However, the whole post is quite interesting, as is all of Laura's posts.
I agree. Correlation does not imply causation.

However, there are certain circumstances in that distinction from generalization has benefits.
One could easily explain quantum physics' principles to a 3-year-old child by hiding a piece of candy in one of the two hands shown to a kid and stating that there is candy in one of the hands, asking the child to point out where it is.

Although the basic principles of quantum mechanics, such as the aforementioned so-called "entanglement" might be understood just like that, its detailing and scientific study have the potential to benefit society as a whole, thus being beneficial and sometimes required to present more technical information.

Reading this thread has been a real learning experience, I have to say. There's been much for me to mull over in the 'ole noggin, so thank you SlipNet for starting me down that road.
For my part, I'm not sure that I could speak to the idea of 'Karmic' understanding; simply because I don't really know what it would mean for me to have a 'Karmic understanding'. I can grasp the idea (even if I can't verify it) that, on some level, I have chosen this particular life experience with it's symphony of lessons to be learned. But I suppose, at this point, that remains an abstract idea.
So, whilst mulling over the idea of 'simple understandings', I kept coming back to something Laura said near the start of the thread:

For me, the most profound lesson of my life was that I think according to my programming. Everybody does. And programming can get in the way of truth. To learn how to see reality AS IT IS became a goal - and it isn't easy. Along with that came many "simple" things, including the truth about relationships and so much more.

To me, these few sentences sum it up. Yep, I definitely think according to my programming. I've been able to identify one or two (often after-the-fact, frustratingly), the chief of these being a 'worrying about how others judge me' programme that seems to like running on an almost endless loop.. :rolleyes:. But, the more I recognise these programmes, the more determined I become to see reality as it really is and not according to my programmes. And no, it certainly ain't easy..!
With that said, the current Covid hysteria seems to be really useful in terms of trying to see according to reality, and not according to programming. All around me, I see many folks in heightened states of anxiety thanks to the 'official Covid narrative'; an anxiety which seems like a mass activation of programming. To keep trying to see the situation for what it really is has given much opportunity to 'do battle' with my own programming.

My tuppence..

For my part, I'm not sure that I could speak to the idea of 'Karmic' understanding; simply because I don't really know what it would mean for me to have a 'Karmic understanding'.

Karma, as I understand it, is simply put a process of cause and effect. Whatever you go through, be it in this life or former ones, can linger and leave you with unacknowledged and un dealt-with issues. I don't really have any ideas of who I was in former lives, but I've worked on the programs I can understand in the here and now. Keep at it, work on your issues, and things will become clearer as time unfolds.

But, the more I recognise these programmes, the more determined I become to see reality as it really is and not according to my programmes. And no, it certainly ain't easy..!

That's the spirit! Seeing the world and yourself as it truly is can enable you to work on and deal with whatever turns up in your mind. It isn't easy, but then nothing worthwhile in this life ever is. It's strange, but as this world plunges ever further into totalitarianism, the more emboldened in my efforts I feel. Perhaps this is the ecstasy that the C's referred to in the transcripts? You have to know your limits until you reach them, and then perhaps the "glass ceiling" can be broached. As has been referred to, there is no limits to what we are capable of, so we should always strive to rise.

With that said, the current Covid hysteria seems to be really useful in terms of trying to see according to reality, and not according to programming. All around me, I see many folks in heightened states of anxiety thanks to the 'official Covid narrative'; an anxiety which seems like a mass activation of programming. To keep trying to see the situation for what it really is has given much opportunity to 'do battle' with my own programming.

I'm a UK resident too, and it is sad to reflect on how meek the people have surrendered to the Gov dictates. That's cultural programming for you. So many people have this almighty fear of death, but as Catherine Austin Fitts said recently, there are worse fates than dying, such as being a meek slave, ripe for the slaughter. Yes, there has been protests, but people need to find that resolution and determination within to still live as robustly as we possibly can. We literally have nothing to lose in trying. I live with anxiety, have done for years, but just the other day I made a breakthrough, recalling the words of Caesar; "Be true to your own nature and fear nothing".

That's the most inspiring thing to happen to me in this life. Truly a piece of "Karmic, simple" advice! Good luck on your journey!

I don't really have any ideas of who I was in former lives, but I've worked on the programs I can understand in the here and now

Thank you SlipNet; I think that says more clearly what I was trying to express! The lessons and choices that I'm presented with here and now are what need to be dealt with - and there are plenty!

It's strange, but as this world plunges ever further into totalitarianism, the more emboldened in my efforts I feel

Yes, I take your point. I'm grateful that I haven't slipped into the confluence of the creeping totalitarianism, but I sometimes struggle with a feeling of despair in the face of what is so clearly happening around us. There's this strange sense of having a front row seat to watch the Evil Magician at work, getting so many
ripe for the slaughter

In this regard it has been helpful to keep in mind the central idea of free will, though I'll admit that accurately applying the idea becomes very nuanced when faced with loved ones who so belligerently try to manipulate me into the views fed to them by the control system. Still, as you say, the effort to try is worthwhile, and therefore not easy!

the words of Caesar; "Be true to your own nature and fear nothing".
I thank you for these simple words from Caesar and shall try to keep them in mind.

I think Karmic and simple understandings are not so simple when I seem to be predominantly stuck in a linear time-concept. It's hard to break out of it but I think I'm slowly seeing that separate events and chains of cause and effect can run in parallel to each other. So if something happens to me or if I'm dreading something happening in the future at work or some other area, it may not be because of what I think it is but connected to something else altogether.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I thought what has been posted here was brilliant, full of little insights here and there which filled my heart with bits of courage and motivation to move on with my life. I haven't posted much that is valuable and helpful for others in a while if I ever have. In any case without ranting further I'm thinking that this would be a good time to say whats been stuck in my heart for a little while now regarding where my life seems to be headed currently. Well, it does seem to me like I'm on something like a weird and crazy ride on a school bus with the "wheels of the bus going up and down", a song that's been playing in my head for a while now.

I came back on the forum from an urgent need to Network. I saw someone this morning with a nice T-shirt with this word on it. So I'm also here trying to find my place within all of "this". I hope I'm not adding too much noise. I just want to get to the truth of this, of my situation, and hopefully help others see that it is not so bleak and that there can be a way out of this mess we are in. So I'll start by saying that, the difficulties that life poses to us are challenges that should be within our abilities to handle - that's what I seem to recall from a lot of previous threads and discussions that I've read. The other thing is no matter how painful the experience is at the time, it's likely not going to be a perpetual state of affairs, rather it is actually part of a larger process which we are simply embedded in and need to go through as lessons for which we may fully learn in the future. Yet to avoid being further caught in the pain of unnecessary suffering caused by unlearnt lessons or lack of knowledge- I guess the universe behooves us to be proactive and gain the knowledge needed to transcend whatever spot of suffering we are in and move forward from there. If the suffering is too great there are also other cures available including making moves to change our environment, our situation to something that is more suitable, what I'm thinking is a change in job- tough in this Covid-19 lockdown with economic disaster looming, but I can put in the effort and see what comes out of it, though it may not, of course, be the answer to my ills- it could be me just trying to escape something more deeply embedded in my psyche which will then never work.

Not sure where I'm going with this but to say that I'm feeling very lost and alone, stuck in a bubble of my own making. One wonders how to get out of it to connect back to the core of life and to connect back to the source or Cosmic Mind. Seems like every effort I make is destined to fail spectacularly one way or other. Don't mean to be a damper on anyone, just stating how I feel about this situation I guess. Not able to move past 3D lessons quick enough is normal I suppose since that's where I need to learn my lessons. Hopefully things will get better as they eventually will as the days pass and a light is seen at the end of this particular tunnel (difficult project at work).

Stubbornness and not seeming to know how to "do what is asked" is perpetuating or seems to be creating the ruts that keep me in place. I find myself doing silly things and not being able to focus on tasks a set myself to do being distracted by things that seem more pressing or important. Maybe what is needed is just more discipline, more focus and more tenacity, but "more" can just be a mechanical thing that doesn't solve a situation that rather requires specific knowledge input and someone who is able to see the situation for what it is and is then able to see the correct actions required. I seem not to have the knowledge I need to perform my job tasks correctly and effectively, but the burden seems so great that I don't know where to start each day, instead finding myself circling in a constant cycle of unproductive efforts that lead nowhere, while at the same time seeing the errors that I've made in the past with nothing left to do but regret, which constricts the flow, so I try to move forward while always having to take two steps back.

So, what's the point of this rant then? I wish it wouldn't devolve into this again but I guess that to survive in life requires that we are useful to somebody beginning with ourselves. Gaining the skills required to get to a place where we can be that person. Seems like a long and difficult road yet so I hope I can make it somehow, and I hope others are making the best use of their time here as well. Maybe I just need to get some rest and try to do better tomorrow, be someone who is responsible for helping themselves.

Birthing a soul ain't an easy path and could take lifetimes I realize. Yep, I have my work cut out for me for sure. Thanks for reading and I wish I had better things to say about my life at the moment...

The key things I can distill here is Knowledge, Awareness and Love, and being grateful that I'm given the opportunity to see another day and have another chance at life to change and become a better person.

Thanks for reading this everyone - I'm grateful for you all being here and without the feeling that the group engenders in me and the concepts that I've learned here it would be really REALLY hard for me to keep getting up again and fighting the real fight.

beetlemaniac,

I haven't posted much that is valuable and helpful for others in a while if I ever have. In any case without ranting further I'm thinking that this would be a good time to say whats been stuck in my heart for a little while now regarding where my life seems to be headed currently.
Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts down in words; I hope that you've found some benefit in doing that. Also, I wouldn't jump to the assumption that what you have posted is of no help to others - you'd be surprised!

My general impression from what you've written seems to be largely captured in this:

I find myself doing silly things and not being able to focus on tasks a set myself to do being distracted by things that seem more pressing or important. Maybe what is needed is just more discipline, more focus and more tenacity
You have said quite a bit, generally speaking, about suffering and overcoming said suffering.. without being very specific. Perhaps you're voicing a general sense of being, as you say,
on something like a weird and crazy ride
Is it that the source/cause of this feeling eludes you?
I seem not to have the knowledge I need to perform my job tasks correctly and effectively, but the burden seems so great that I don't know where to start each day, instead finding myself circling in a constant cycle of unproductive efforts
What knowledge would help you?

what I'm thinking is a change in job
From someone who has entertained this on numerous occasions, I feel obliged to ask: would a change of job really be the best solution? Are you certain that a change in job would alleviate the state of mind you describe? After all, wherever you are and whatever you do; there you are! Based on my own experience, this is something worth considering before making such a big decision.

I really do wish you all the very best with your efforts to keep moving forwards.

So if something happens to me or if I'm dreading something happening in the future at work or some other area, it may not be because of what I think it is but connected to something else altogether.

I live with feelings of dread too, in my case it's a case of losing my family in the years to come. My parents are in their 70's and I find it very difficult to reconcile my thoughts to the prospect of losing them. I tend to look to the work of Jordan Peterson in this case, he's a wise soul who has looked at the long game, the bigger picture. Whatever transpires in the future we absolutely have to meet these challenges head-on. Try not to stress yourself too much about these fears, I think many people are living with these feelings too without being explicit and acknowledging it. I can't help but suspect that what the future holds will blow our minds, and not in a particularly positive way. As JFK noted, "don't pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger people". I think that is great advice, and one I have tried to take to heart.

Stubbornness and not seeming to know how to "do what is asked" is perpetuating or seems to be creating the ruts that keep me in place. I find myself doing silly things and not being able to focus on tasks a set myself to do being distracted by things that seem more pressing or important. Maybe what is needed is just more discipline, more focus and more tenacity, but "more" can just be a mechanical thing that doesn't solve a situation that rather requires specific knowledge input and someone who is able to see the situation for what it is and is then able to see the correct actions required.

Stubbornness can be a real challenge, again I think this is ubiquitous in our society. How I see it is this; many people I know have "sorted" lives, in that they are happily married, have kids, and hold down solid jobs. I have none of these, and sometimes I feel really envious of the friends I know in this situation. But would these people have the urge to engage with the work on here? I've tested the waters on this, and sadly I have realised that they would not entertain the ideas shared on this forum, they are happy with their lot and to hell with anyone who says anything different. I've lost friends over this, but that's life. We simply have different norms and values, and we are striving for different goals, and good luck to them, they are doing what I never wanted out of life, and vice versa.

Like I said earlier in this thread, parts of me are clustered about needs not being met, and I think this is clearly about not being in a loving relationship. Alas, that ship has already sailed, I can't go back now, I'm on this path of knowledge and I wouldn't change it for anything. I've had many superficial relationships which simply didn't satisfy, and I realise that there is a case of splitting realities between us, and we must go on with our lives without bitterness or resentment. Sure I feel lonely sometimes, but then I come on this network and realise that all of you on here are in a very real sense my new extended family, a realisation which has warmed my soul. The discipline comes with this realisation I think, you reach a certain point and then your values change.

Not everyone is cut out for the "normal life", and it's been a relief to realise this in my case. I used think I was abnormal, now I just realise I'm simply different. Values, aims, interests, the human race is nothing if not infinitely varied.

Birthing a soul ain't an easy path and could take lifetimes I realize. Yep, I have my work cut out for me for sure.

So true! I find this a tough lesson, because I've had a lot of setbacks in life, mainly due to the mental health problems I've suffered. But I wouldn't change a thing even if I could. The lessons are there to be learned, and I'll do all I can to understand these. If it takes me another ten lives to learn what I need then so be it. This is just the first life where I've made substantial discoveries, and I'm sure there'll be plenty more. If it turns out that I'm not ready for 4d life, then I guess I'll just have to accept it and keep on the path I'm on.

Thanks for your thoughts, Beetlemaniac, very thought provoking and I hope you go on and engage with the challenges of the world. As the C's have said numerous times, the lessons simply never end....

Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts down in words; I hope that you've found some benefit in doing that. Also, I wouldn't jump to the assumption that what you have posted is of no help to others - you'd be surprised!
Hi Il Matto,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I think it helped somewhat! I hope it does help others. I tried to go to sleep but had persistent nightmares of people sleeping beside me in my bed, when I tried to struggle he started strangling me, it seemed like it was my brother who was doing it. Maybe it was because of the dinner and banana I ate before sleeping, when I would have normally fasted when things don't go too well at work. In any case I woke up with a previous thought to continue on reading the Wave book 2 (finished re-reading book 1) before and also finish the latest MindMatters episode. Right after that I got a notification that you had replied to my thread.

Is it that the source/cause of this feeling eludes you?
Since we started this new project at work where I've been travelling each day to different sites (mainly water treatment plants) to observe their processes and to ascertain whether they can be retrofitted with renewable energy technology like solar power, I've been going through a series of very powerful experiences one after the other as I was forced to make decisions on my feet to get the ball rolling for my team to make these series of visits a success in terms of data gathering and overall execution. Recently due to Corona, government had initiated another mass lockdown which put a stop to this activity.

But in general it has been something which seems to be related to the Wave I'm guessing. Some kind of internal restructuring process I think? Going into the past mistakes and pains which I haven't addressed and it being manifested as things and events in the outside world, affecting me on a deep visceral level. I'm withholding something from coming out from within and it seems to manifest in physical symptoms such as constipation and bodily sensation and movement, like rapid shaking of the head, followed by cracking sounds at the back of my head near where the spine meets it.

The lockdown after more movement and travelling and subsequent working from home is a repeated pattern and the last time it happened I had edema in my legs, and the edema started happening again last week. This post in my swamp thread explains it pretty well but I don't have any immediate solutions. The edema is not as bad after physical exercise. It has gone down now. I am working at the office this week.

What knowledge would help you?
I guess it would be to do with more knowledge about the project that I'm undertaking, though I think I have most of what it takes already as a general understanding and I'd just need to start focusing on writing the reports related to the site visits we have conducted so far. It just seems like a mountain of work that I'd need to slog through within a somewhat undefined period of time, though the schedule states we have three weeks, yet our site visits have not been completed yet, we may get an extension of time for this.

From someone who has entertained this on numerous occasions, I feel obliged to ask: would a change of job really be the best solution? Are you certain that a change in job would alleviate the state of mind you describe? After all, wherever you are and whatever you do; there you are! Based on my own experience, this is something worth considering before making such a big decision.
Yes, I do think that it might be a good solution, if the environment is structured well enough that I am more clear about my role in the job. Yet, the C's quote is on my mind as well, I may just be wanting to avoid the work which is in front of me to do, it's just that today I was not very clear on my objectives and got distracted with other busy work but still related to this project. I don't know what the priorities are frankly. If I can focus better on what I need to do in my scope first perhaps that would help.

beetlemaniac, I think it doesn’t matter what you take on - anything will do. If you cannot designate any pressing matter, just take something that irks you on a regular basis. That’s step one.

Next step is to take OWNERSHIP of the issue, to ‘make it your own’, not something that is imposed by outside forces, being the environment, the economy, or your boss. You have to start seeing, that it is YOUR responsibility, YOUR problem, YOUR task, and it’s only going to get better if YOU do something about it. That’s the second step.

The third step is to take ACTION, and make things better, one step at the time. It may take time, there will be failures, but you start exploring your options, start experimenting with these to see what works and what doesn’t, and once you find something that works, even a tiny bit, you build onto that, and so forth ...

This may all sound very easy on one hand, and very daunting on another, but I think there is no way around these basic steps. You may call them differently, it doesn’t matter, at the end it’s the progression of AWARENESS -> OWNERSHIP -> ACTION (or any some such similar progression) that will make the trick.

I think you have analyzed (and over-analyzed) your issues enough, now it’s time to put the rubber to the ground - and only YOU can do that.

beetlemaniac, I think it doesn’t matter what you take on - anything will do. If you cannot designate any pressing matter, just take something that irks you on a regular basis. That’s step one.

Next step is to take OWNERSHIP of the issue, to ‘make it your own’, not something that is imposed by outside forces, being the environment, the economy, or your boss. You have to start seeing, that it is YOUR responsibility, YOUR problem, YOUR task, and it’s only going to get better if YOU do something about it. That’s the second step.

The third step is to take ACTION, and make things better, one step at the time. It may take time, there will be failures, but you start exploring your options, start experimenting with these to see what works and what doesn’t, and once you find something that works, even a tiny bit, you build onto that, and so forth ...

This may all sound very easy on one hand, and very daunting on another, but I think there is no way around these basic steps. You may call them differently, it doesn’t matter, at the end it’s the progression of AWARENESS -> OWNERSHIP -> ACTION (or any some such similar progression) that will make the trick.

I think you have analyzed (and over-analyzed) your issues enough, now it’s time to put the rubber to the ground - and only YOU can do that.
Hi nicklebleu,

Thanks for chiming in on the matter - I have been taking ownership of a couple things at work lately, mainly because my boss had asked me to, but since he did I did take responsibility for it and it has been a challenge to cope with.

My first priority in terms of responsibility currently is taking care of a project and leading a team in going for site visits to water treatment infrastructure within the state, and also responsible for performing part of the survey i.e. the one related to solar energy - we are doing a feasibility study to see if these water treatment plants can be retrofitted with renewable energy technologies, one of them is solar energy.

So my team is one of two teams. The other team is being led by another colleague who is generally more knowledgeable than I am about most of these things though I am working on catching up and narrowing the knowledge gap. He is generally also managing the entire project in terms of deliverables and coordination with the client. So I am playing a minor leadership role compared to him.

I think this qualifies as being somewhat aware enough, and taking ownership and based on that responsibility taking the appropriate actions as required. As you suggest though, I am still trying to find my way around this role and finding what works and what doesn't, missing and overlooking certain things only to have it pop up later, and so on.

I have also taken another responsibility on at work which I am trying to juggle with the first by working on it at night after work - though so far not succeeding due to a lack of knowledge and skills, thus I'm learning to do it bit by bit, there is no time constraint and it doesn't seem to be a heavy responsibility so I can use it as a learning experience. It involves working with someone who lives in Greece and is to do with a project schedule.

I hope that clarifies a little, my situation.

Hi beetlemaniac,

It was helpful that you gave a little more detail here - just from reading your last post it seems as though you are in a better frame of mind..?

So my team is one of two teams. The other team is being led by another colleague who is generally more knowledgeable than I am about most of these things though I am working on catching up and narrowing the knowledge gap. He is generally also managing the entire project in terms of deliverables and coordination with the client. So I am playing a minor leadership role compared to him.

I think this qualifies as being somewhat aware enough, and taking ownership and based on that responsibility taking the appropriate actions as required. As you suggest though, I am still trying to find my way around this role and finding what works and what doesn't, missing and overlooking certain things only to have it pop up later, and so on.
thus I'm learning to do it bit by bit

It seems to me from this that you're aware of what the challenges are for you, and it would appear that you know what you need to do (follow nicklebleu's excellent advice!).

Perhaps you have a golden opportunity here to work in what I've heard Jordan Peterson refer to as the 'zone of proximal development'. You may be a little outside of your comfort zone, but being there with a sense of purpose will give much opportunity for growth, development and acquiring new skills.
Also, "treat yourself like you are someone you are responsible for helping" (another good piece of advice from Jordan Peterson).

Another tuppence from me.

Perhaps you have a golden opportunity here to work in what I've heard Jordan Peterson refer to as the 'zone of proximal development'. You may be a little outside of your comfort zone, but being there with a sense of purpose will give much opportunity for growth, development and acquiring new skills.
Also, "treat yourself like you are someone you are responsible for helping" (another good piece of advice from Jordan Peterson).

Another tuppence from me.
Thanks Il Matto for your further input, it's much appreciated.

As a matter of fact and a beautiful coincidence, I was in a bit of a tight situation at work today, and that rule no. 2 from JP's book came to me in fragments so I decided to do a web search on it and found this article:

It came in super useful to reframe my thinking and frankly, just move on with things rather than wallow in the fact that I couldn't finish up something I wanted to finish by lunch time. We had a meeting to discuss the project mentioned above and it went fine. My boss had given us some standing instructions for a video conference meeting with the client this Friday and we're going in prepared. We know what it is we're going to show them which will give us some time to prepare our deliverables for this stage of the project. We have some good leadership and our boss seems to be happy with what we've produced so far.

Let's see what work brings tomorrow. 🙏 :-)

As a matter of fact and a beautiful coincidence, I was in a bit of a tight situation at work today, and that rule no. 2 from JP's book came to me in fragments so I decided to do a web search on it
Well, ain't that something'! I'm not sure if that came to you because you've previously read it, but if you haven't, '12 Rules' is well worth a read.
We have some good leadership and our boss seems to be happy with what we've produced so far.
It sounds like things are back on track for you, which is good to hear. Out of interest, are you still considering a change in job?

See what tomorrow brings (..and face it remembering Rule no.1..!) :cool2:

Well, ain't that something'! I'm not sure if that came to you because you've previously read it, but if you haven't, '12 Rules' is well worth a read.

It sounds like things are back on track for you, which is good to hear. Out of interest, are you still considering a change in job?

See what tomorrow brings (..and face it remembering Rule no.1..!) :cool2:
Hi Il Matto,

At this time, with all the activity in my current job (yesterday was a particularly busy day), it hasn't occurred to me as often as before, to change my job I mean.

Yes, I will be taking your advice and seeing what happens at work today, I just woke up and started reading a bit more for the job though I'll get back on my forum and book reading a bit later. Stand up straight with your shoulders back is one of those things which I also follow as a rule whenever it occurs to me, its particularly useful to remember as I walk to work in the morning. It's probably a good way to set one's attitude up for the rest of the day!

Thanks Il Matto! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom