Keto recipes

Yas said:
I checked another pot of fat bomb I made, and it actually turned out to be great!

So here's a picture of it. Is that what it is supposed to look like?

Yes, good job! But careful with the amount of cocoa you put in. We only add enough for flavoring (2.5 Tbsp for the amount of fat bombs I posted last), in order to limit the carbs. Here is a picture of ours from this morning so that you can see the difference in color. The yellow ones are lemon, the others cocoa-coffee flavored.

(Yes, that's a quadruple batch! But bare in mind that we are 14 people here, so that is enough for 3-4 days).

Also, if you want it to be creamier, add a bit more water at the end and blend with a hand blender. Yours looks a bit more solid than ours (but that's a matter of taste). Did you use too much gelatin, maybe? (If not, then it's due to having added so much cocoa powder.)

Attachments

• DSCF1458.JPG
    DSCF1458.JPG
    727 KB · Views: 451
  • DSCF1460.JPG
    DSCF1460.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 446
The Keto-flan custard has been a real help for me. Especially when traveling. I can take some with me in a container when I'm in airplanes and airports. You can ususly find meat at airports but it's hard to get enough fat. And when I have a short layover I don't have to worry about lunch because the custard can easily replace a meal.

I've been making mine with 1/3 coconut oil, 1/3 butter and 1/3 grass fed beef tallow. I still use coconut milk because it agrees with me and I like the taste but I don't use any xylitol, just Stevia extract so the carbs are minimal. I get more than enough xylitol chewing xylitol gum to get rid of smokers breath around non smokers.

Chu said:
Yas said:
I checked another pot of fat bomb I made, and it actually turned out to be great!

Yes, good job! But careful with the amount of cocoa you put in. We only add enough for flavoring (2.5 Tbsp for the amount of fat bombs I posted last), in order to limit the carbs. Here is a picture of ours from this morning so that you can see the difference in color. The yellow ones are lemon, the others cocoa-coffee flavored.

(Yes, that's a quadruple batch! But bare in mind that we are 14 people here, so that is enough for 3-4 days).

Also, if you want it to be creamier, add a bit more water at the end and blend with a hand blender. Yours looks a bit more solid than ours (but that's a matter of taste). Did you use too much gelatin, maybe? (If not, then it's due to having added so much cocoa powder.)

Thanks Chu!

I didn't use gelatin powder at all! I used bone broth :D

It was:

1/2kg of Lard
7 egg yolks
a cup of water
a cup of bone broth
stevia to taste
2 tblsp of cocoa (yes it is a lot! :/ )
1 tea spoon of cinammon

I didn't have vainilla this time so that's why I didn't add that.

I wanted to post a picture just for reference, i aint saying this looks impressive, but it is so delicious of a morning!

My trick for making it is:
Warm up the Butter, Lard, Coffee in a pan.
Once it has melted and is WARM (not hot) i 'temper the eggs'. Spoon enough of the mixture into the bowl of yokes, 1 spoon at a time giving it a quick mix. (with coffee it will become browner)
Once you've added enough to 'dilute' the eggs,
Pour it back into the pan (which is still luke warm), put it onto the heat and immediately use an electric hand whisk stirring round the pan waiting to see the 'steam' rise from the surface (which should be a minute or 2), as soon as i see that, i tip it into a pint glass and...voila! :P

I've realised that it's successful when there is a thin film of custard-like-stuff on the bottom of the pan, and the pint glass is hot to the touch. The above has taken any of the guess work out of 'getting it just right' and the only scramble i get is the white bit that is attached to the yoke.

"fat bomb, fat bomb, your my fat bomb" (to the tune of tom Jones)
Espresso/Coffee
4 Egg Yokes
75 - 100g butter
35g Lard
1 tsp Xylitol (not essential)

serve with 1-2 rollies.

I had the fatty, walked 2 hours for some errands in the blazing sunshine and had a broth for lunch and after a decade of eating just before bed, i'll be ready for dinner by 8pm (a miracle), and i don't think i could've done it with such ease with out ol fatty. I've still got quite a bit to change in my routine, and i will, but this is just great.

On my walk i stopped randomly at a prison farm shop. i discover of all the (local) farmers shops, supermarkets etc, this is the only place that can guarantee GM-free fed produce! Insane. Even more so having read that most UK stores - including M&S - can no longer guarantee GM-free Fed produce...

Added: i had to come up with the above 'tricks' because when making it, the lard 'froth top' would froth too soon because of the electric whisk and it actually then needed a glass of it's own. Now it's like 50/50 :D

Attachments

• fat bomb fat bomb.jpg
    fat bomb fat bomb.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 345
Chu said:
Yas said:

Well, I think I put too much cocoa in my cocoa recipe, as I do at the same time cocoa and vanilla fat-bombs... I will do my fat-bomb with less cocoa on the next time, as I've made my last one on yesterday, because... I eat some everyday (more vanilla than cocoa)! :lol:

For the lemon one, I tried with some drops of essential oil of lemon. My daughter suggested to me to maybe use real lemon juice. I will try on the next time, as it was good, but it could be better, I guess, or at least, different. The main thing about essential oil of lemon is that when you get your spoon in the mouth, the lemon taste comes after the others tastes, which is "interesting" as flavour sensation.

I also thought that because time for strawberries/raspberries will come soon (I expect...), we could try some with red fruits... Must be very tasteful, isn't it? :dance:

Thanks Chu for the pictures by the way, they give me some ideas... for organizing my own fat bombs. ;)

itellsya

that looks exactly like what im drinking right now....
made the fat bomb and broth from pig feet made separately.
put a few big spoon fulls of broth and fat bomb into a blender added coffee and ice
blend it up its very nice i dont eat again for hours
thanks for the recipes everyone

Over at Maria Emmerich's site ( __http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/ - author of Keto Adapted ) I found a recipe for a twist on hollandaise sauce and it is very good! The way I make it in small batches is like this:
  • half an avocado
  • 2 tablespoons of melted butter
  • juice of half a lemon
  • dash of water to make it a bit more fluid

Toss that in a cup and use a hand blender to purée.

That is basically the same as her recipe except she doesn't add any additional fats.

Goes great on an egg, or bacon, etc.

monotonic said:
We ran out of xylitol. Is there a version someone can recommend using Stevia or maybe no sweetener at all?

I use Stevia and I put something around 1/32 to 1/16 of a tea spoon.

All the other things are similar.

I finally made my first fat bomb cooking experiment tonight. It is too late to eat some tonight, but about 5 servings are chilling in the frig. I'm a bit of a klutz in the kitchen and true to form dropped the thermometer into the mixture at a critical time/temperature and so when I added the egg yokes in the mixture it was too hot. :lol: The mixture curdled. I cursed. :evil: Added the water as instructed earlier in the thread and used an electric hand mixer to smooth it back out, etc and will give my creation a taste tomorrow!

Yas said:
Chu said:
Yas said:

Thanks Chu!

I didn't use gelatin powder at all! I used bone broth :D

It was:

1/2kg of Lard
7 egg yolks
a cup of water
a cup of bone broth
stevia to taste
2 tblsp of cocoa (yes it is a lot! :/ )
1 tea spoon of cinammon

I didn't have vainilla this time so that's why I didn't add that.

That looks wonderful, Yas! Nice touch with the bone broth ;)

How many servings did you get out of it with the above ingredients?

I made the custard with just stevia and no xylitol. It had an offputting stevia taste but wasn't sweet at all!

Have been doing the fat bomb with lard and butter recently, works very well.

Then I tried to do it with grass-fed beef tallow - big disappointment! It separated in the fridge despite have been nuked in the blender a lot, so I had beef tallow at the top with a soup at the bottom.

I cannot recommend it at all!

:D

nicklebleu said:
Then I tried to do it with grass-fed beef tallow - big disappointment! It separated in the fridge despite have been nuked in the blender a lot, so I had beef tallow at the top with a soup at the bottom.

That happened to me as well. Still, it tasted pretty good :P

Gaby said:
nicklebleu said:

That happened to me as well. Still, it tasted pretty good :P

Taste was good, agreed, but the texture was waaaay off!

Back
Top Bottom