Ketogenic Diet - Powerful Dietary Strategy for Certain Conditions

Oxajil

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I had an interesting short talk with a heart surgeon and a general practitioner that I thought I'd share. They told me they both have been following the ketogenic diet for a short while now and have noticed much better balanced energy levels, and weight loss. The surgeon told me that his concentration has become better during long surgeries. He also told me his pants don't fit him anymore! The GP told me she also feels much better. It's pretty cool that the word on the ketogenic diet (or the word that saturated fats are healthy!) is spreading, and that more doctors are experimenting with it and finding benefits. The only downside is that they also get their fats from dairy products. Perhaps if I speak to them again, I can suggest to look into that if they're open to it.

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
I had an interesting short talk with a heart surgeon and a general practitioner that I thought I'd share. They told me they both have been following the ketogenic diet for a short while now and have noticed much better balanced energy levels, and weight loss. The surgeon told me that his concentration has become better during long surgeries. He also told me his pants don't fit him anymore! The GP told me she also feels much better. It's pretty cool that the word on the ketogenic diet (or the word that saturated fats are healthy!) is spreading, and that more doctors are experimenting with it and finding benefits. The only downside is that they also get their fats from dairy products. Perhaps if I speak to them again, I can suggest to look into that if they're open to it.
Yeah, dairy is pretty deadly even if a person CAN digest the lactose.

If you have it, it should be only occasionally.

PERLOU

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Les fromages sont des produits laitiers, faut-il les supprimer ?...

Cheeses are dairy products, should they be eliminated?.....

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Les fromages sont des produits laitiers, faut-il les supprimer ?...

Cheeses are dairy products, should they be eliminated?.....
Oui, les fromages font partie des produits laitiers. c'est mieux de ne pas en prendre. Juste dans des rares occasions.
Yes, cheese are part of the dairy products. Better not take them, just once in a while but better not.

This is not strictly on-topic but I just wanted to say how fantastic the "Diet research of the sott.net forum: A summary of the science background" PDF is. I have been trying to address my physical health/fitness/dietary intake recently and on a whim started reading this earlier. Hours later I am already about a third of the way through it! I thought it might be a bit of a hard slog with lots of science but found it to be a bit of a page-turner instead! It really is very well done. Thank you and congratulations. I have just reached the section on GMOs so shall leave it for tonight as I don't want to raise my blood pressure any further before bed by reading that!

Well, I have cleared out my food cupboards of many of the foods I won't be eating anymore! I am now halfway through the PDF but am going to take a break because it is all pretty upsetting tbh. I always thought the food industry was pretty nasty but now I have no compunction in describing them as unutterably evil. Governments and authorities that should, in theory, be looking out for us are incompetent and corrupt too. The GMO section was just a horrifying read. Still, what is it that the C's say: 'knowledge protects'? There is an awful lot of knowledge in this PDF so I think that I should have my own little personal force field by the end of it! :lol:

I think I may have slipped into keto earlier than I intended to. I am still reading through the PDF and had already decided to give the ketogenic diet a go but I have felt very 'rough' today so wonder if I am experiencing 'keto flu'. Today I have only had 27 g of carbs and the previous two days that was in the 60s. I ate an avocado and some bacon as those help with it, apparently, and they certainly have taken the edge off of it. Hopefully, I am in the adjustment period and will soon be in full keto with all the advantages that that brings. My waistline is certainly looking forward to a new paradigm! :-[

I think I must be in ketosis now as the keto flu stopped a couple of days ago and I am starting to lose weight that had been proving to be very reluctant to go anywhere despite lots of exercise recently and always being in a calorific deficit. Yesterday I had hardly anything to eat as a fried popped round to see me unexpectedly and I felt it was too late to eat by the time they left. I went to bed quite hungry but awoke much less so. I am thinking of having something to eat now but it wouldn't bother me if I had to wait a few hours. Hopefully ketosis is doing its thing and using my ample store of body fat as fuel! :thup: I recently bought a 'smart scale' that tracks body fat percentage. I have no idea how accurate it is but it alleges that about a third of my body is fat! :shock: If that's true then ketosis will have plenty of that reserve energy bank to draw on! I have to say though that as much as I appreciate the weight loss, I very much appreciate the fact that it takes me less time to wake up fully and become compos mentis. My normal state would often be that it would take me quite some time, sometimes hours before I got to that point. Now it seems to be a few minutes. Me likey! This is all very early days for me on a keto diet of course but so far it's looking good :-).

Top Bottom