Ketogenic Diet - Powerful Dietary Strategy for Certain Conditions

I had an interesting short talk with a heart surgeon and a general practitioner that I thought I'd share. They told me they both have been following the ketogenic diet for a short while now and have noticed much better balanced energy levels, and weight loss. The surgeon told me that his concentration has become better during long surgeries. He also told me his pants don't fit him anymore! The GP told me she also feels much better. It's pretty cool that the word on the ketogenic diet (or the word that saturated fats are healthy!) is spreading, and that more doctors are experimenting with it and finding benefits. The only downside is that they also get their fats from dairy products. Perhaps if I speak to them again, I can suggest to look into that if they're open to it.

I had an interesting short talk with a heart surgeon and a general practitioner that I thought I'd share. They told me they both have been following the ketogenic diet for a short while now and have noticed much better balanced energy levels, and weight loss. The surgeon told me that his concentration has become better during long surgeries. He also told me his pants don't fit him anymore! The GP told me she also feels much better. It's pretty cool that the word on the ketogenic diet (or the word that saturated fats are healthy!) is spreading, and that more doctors are experimenting with it and finding benefits. The only downside is that they also get their fats from dairy products. Perhaps if I speak to them again, I can suggest to look into that if they're open to it.

Yeah, dairy is pretty deadly even if a person CAN digest the lactose.

If you have it, it should be only occasionally.

Les fromages sont des produits laitiers, faut-il les supprimer ?...

Cheeses are dairy products, should they be eliminated?.....

Les fromages sont des produits laitiers, faut-il les supprimer ?...

Cheeses are dairy products, should they be eliminated?.....
Oui, les fromages font partie des produits laitiers. c'est mieux de ne pas en prendre. Juste dans des rares occasions.
Yes, cheese are part of the dairy products. Better not take them, just once in a while but better not.

This is not strictly on-topic but I just wanted to say how fantastic the "Diet research of the sott.net forum: A summary of the science background" PDF is. I have been trying to address my physical health/fitness/dietary intake recently and on a whim started reading this earlier. Hours later I am already about a third of the way through it! I thought it might be a bit of a hard slog with lots of science but found it to be a bit of a page-turner instead! It really is very well done. Thank you and congratulations. I have just reached the section on GMOs so shall leave it for tonight as I don't want to raise my blood pressure any further before bed by reading that!

Well, I have cleared out my food cupboards of many of the foods I won't be eating anymore! I am now halfway through the PDF but am going to take a break because it is all pretty upsetting tbh. I always thought the food industry was pretty nasty but now I have no compunction in describing them as unutterably evil. Governments and authorities that should, in theory, be looking out for us are incompetent and corrupt too. The GMO section was just a horrifying read. Still, what is it that the C's say: 'knowledge protects'? There is an awful lot of knowledge in this PDF so I think that I should have my own little personal force field by the end of it! :lol:

I think I may have slipped into keto earlier than I intended to. I am still reading through the PDF and had already decided to give the ketogenic diet a go but I have felt very 'rough' today so wonder if I am experiencing 'keto flu'. Today I have only had 27 g of carbs and the previous two days that was in the 60s. I ate an avocado and some bacon as those help with it, apparently, and they certainly have taken the edge off of it. Hopefully, I am in the adjustment period and will soon be in full keto with all the advantages that that brings. My waistline is certainly looking forward to a new paradigm! :-[

I think I must be in ketosis now as the keto flu stopped a couple of days ago and I am starting to lose weight that had been proving to be very reluctant to go anywhere despite lots of exercise recently and always being in a calorific deficit. Yesterday I had hardly anything to eat as a fried popped round to see me unexpectedly and I felt it was too late to eat by the time they left. I went to bed quite hungry but awoke much less so. I am thinking of having something to eat now but it wouldn't bother me if I had to wait a few hours. Hopefully ketosis is doing its thing and using my ample store of body fat as fuel! :thup: I recently bought a 'smart scale' that tracks body fat percentage. I have no idea how accurate it is but it alleges that about a third of my body is fat! :shock: If that's true then ketosis will have plenty of that reserve energy bank to draw on! I have to say though that as much as I appreciate the weight loss, I very much appreciate the fact that it takes me less time to wake up fully and become compos mentis. My normal state would often be that it would take me quite some time, sometimes hours before I got to that point. Now it seems to be a few minutes. Me likey! This is all very early days for me on a keto diet of course but so far it's looking good :-).

I think there might be 'Foods & Methods' that could be easing & facilitating the transition into 4th Density. Eating Keto-close and losing weight is one of them. Exercise is necessary to detect these bodily changes - if any and how much of what is occurring. Plus exercise is essential to grow muscle and increase mitochondrial = energy output. Getting to higher energy level = getting fitter is essential, "growing more muscle" or just getting muscle-action on, getting your muscles active, if you can't grow muscle mass.

There is another component, I'll seriously start testing next week and I only made this post, because I almost consumed 1000ml of this component laced with Vitamin C of course and I already observed noticeable changes. These not only physiological changes appear to be very compatible and an inseparable friend of the ketogenic diet and getting leaner and stronger in many ways, about which I think I'll need to report here as well ==> by connecting several dots.

Leaner

more energetic = less inflamed = operating on higher energy level

more focused => enhanced brain function

changes in the molecular density in the tissues of:
1. bone,
2. fascia,
3. joint,
4. muscle,
5. skin
still a small percentage, like 1..5%? --> toward what appears to be
Growing a Diamond Indestructible Body for use in 4thD.

So you don't have to guess, because I ain't concealing anything. Just needs thorough testing. But, I feel, had to mention it first, so I'll be able to link this post as "This was the state experienced at the beginning of the experiment." Spinning 3x33 regularly might also be a deciding factor. So I'll come back weekly to see if it was only a delusion, illusion, mis-thinking, mistake, wishful thinking, etc..etc..

Last edited:
I tried the keto diet a year or so ago but didn't stick with it as I failed to learn a sufficient variety of meals to eat and just got bored from eating the same food all the time. However, a few months ago I decided to give the Paleo diet a go as delineated in 'Life is Religion' as the staged elimination of food types would be less overwhelming than a complete and abrupt change. I am glad to say that I have had fantastic results with it! The elimination of dairy was tough for me because for the last 20 years or so I have drunk a massive amount of tea, coffee and hot chocolate, and I used butter a lot in cooking. However, I bought some milk the other day for a planned visitor who ended up taking a raincheck so decided to treat myself to some tea with milk which I had really missed and was craving. To my surprise, I found that it now tastes disgusting to me. Going back to not having milk is going to be easy now.

I was shocked to discover when I checked that I have lost 2 stone in weight over the last year and am almost at the weight I was when I had my Breakdown in 1999. Also, from eating one small meal a day for 20 years I now have an appetite again. I wake up hungry and generally have a late breakfast/early lunch in addition to my evening meal. This is a big deal for me and I suspect it is partly why I am losing weight. I also am sleeping better and not needing so many hours of sleep and generally feel like I have more energy and are more able to cope with life. I shall give the keto diet another go but am currently trying new recipes so I have a greater variety of food to eat and don't drop it like I did before. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :love: .

Dear boys and girls of the C's; I seek your wisdom :-).

I often function as an online shopper for my stepmother and one of her current requests is for a Keto diet recipe book. She is trying to lose weight as she is in her 70s, is overweight, has various health issues and recently had a second stroke. She hopes that if she loses weight then that might disincline a third stroke which may be the nasty one. She is frustrated by online keto sites as the recipes tend to be stuck behind a paywall. This has not been my experience when looking for keto recipes but there you are. Of course, if you have any recommendations for non-paywalled keto recipe sites that would work too! There are a gazillion keto diet recipe books out there as you might expect but without any personal experience of them, I hesitate to recommend any so I hope that you good people may be able to help. I have checked the forum recommended reading list but nothing jumps out at me as obviously fitting her needs.

I have strongly recommended she try the Paleo diet as delineated in 'Life is Religion'. I said I would transcribe that small section and send it to her so she can consider doing that initially or instead. If you feel that this is an abuse of your copyright then please do say. I would just buy her the book and send it to her but she is fully bought into the Lockdown and I don't want to freak her out with anything that is too way out for her :-/.

Much love to you all :love:.

I don't know if your mother has done already some diet changes beforehand and it can a rough walk for her if she hasn't done so, even considering her age and especially when it comes to a ketogenic diet (it can be rough on the heart for example). Paleo diet seems more doable for her imo, although there it can be tough on her too depending on where she is at.

Anyway, here is a topic especially for keto recipes and I don't know any books about recipes:

Back
Top Bottom