Lost Love

Relationship issues seem to be coming to the fore for a lot people around me these days. Lots of breakups happening, a curious thing.

What you are describing does not sound like a soul mate connection. Potentially a karmic issue or a previous life connection maybe. But this does in no way justify not living life with integrity. Actual Love does not destroy life. There is a huge learning and healing opportunity for you now. I know it is unbearably painful, just face it, turn and face it, face yourself and the actions you have taken. Figure out the highest and most loving step you can take today. For you and your family. Love supports and gives, it does not have any need to feed on anyone or anything.

It seems like you are getting some good feedback here. Relationships are the hardest aspect of our lives it seems. We can be reduced to our worst selves and also elevated to our best selves. We have to choose.

Last edited:
Did you tell your wife as well?
Yes, i told her at the beginning of the affair with the other one that i see no future for us and that we should separate. Unfortunately she didn't want to admit it.

Strange, when she later said, she'd feel like a prostitute.
I think she just wanted me for herself. I suspect jealousy. Which she was. It was probably meant to be an indirect request that I break up immediately with my wife.

PTSD creates all kinds of problems later in life..
Not only did she have a bad childhood where she didn't experience love, but her mother was raped in front of her (as a child) by her father.

Sorry, I don't believe this.

I try to say what I think without hurting your feelings.
Please bear with me but on some patterns I might have a different outlook due to my job which is in psychiatry.
To me the lady clearly shows a pattern of behaviour which can be attributed to borderline personality disorder. I can't diagnose her but her behaviour is some indication.
I do think she had a bad dream where she loses me. I don't think she invented it.

So obviously you still slept with your wife. Why did you do this?
It wasn't intentional. At least not by me. She had "woken me up" in the middle of the night. We hadn't had sex in a long time before that.
That's why she got pregnant, because I wasn't fully awake.

That's horrible. Sounds like a big mess to me. I still want to meet the woman who's happy about an abortion.
It wasn't my wife who was happy about the abortion. It's was my affair. Because she thought that I definitely don't leave my wife when she's pregnant. She behaved normally on the phone with me...then cried at her girlfriend.

Borderline behaviour. She gives you all kinds of ambivalent and contradicting messages.
She was also acting weird. On the one hand she was happy to see me and after we had sex and lay in bed together she kinda got so depressed and felt like a concubine.
She also told her current boyfriend about me and that we work together.
Then of course he got jealous.
When she broke up with me, she told me in the same breath to break up with my Wife. Asked me to break up several days after she broke up.
She also wanted us to remain friends, but I refused.

...when she wanted to act out her sexual fantasies?
That's what she said after our argument.
Before that she only saw herself as a concubine.

I agree, no love but obsession and mind gaming.
Why obsession an mind gaming?

There are indeed signs of borderline in her behavior.
But I always thought borderline patients couldn't have lasting relationships. I don't know anything about self-harm or suicide either.
No unusual drug use either, although several of her ex-boyfriends were dealers.

She is traumatized because of her bad childhood without love and with her mother being raped.

But it's possible that she idealized me. She "raised" me from zero to a hundred. And then let me fall again.
And her ice-cold behavior after that, up to the moments when she always wanted to know if I was happy. What does that mean?

I noticed that she needs special attention from men. She is also one who reacts jealously when a woman gets more attention.

Also that she is guided by her fears.

She always portrays herself as a victim and believes that others are to blame.
She also thinks I'm to blame for our breakup. It's partly true, but there is no innocent party in a dispute.

I am attaching a letter from her that she gave me last April.

Unfortunately, this is in German, which you would have to translate via Google.

Attachments

• 13.04.21_Brief.pdf
    539.2 KB · Views: 11
Unfortunately, I no longer feel love for my wife.
I thought I met my soul mate the way she treated me.
She was always on her cell phone, waiting for me to call her. Always worried about me. Wanted to have me with you all the time.

I found the proximity very pleasant. I was happy

I want to let her go too. Unfortunately I need help with that. I can't do it myself.

OMGosh give this thread a one-way ticket to “The Swamp”! (Rather than the innocent and random sounding “What’s on my mind”.)

This sounds like it will take a lifetime to fully comprehend, a ton of sincere work on the self, and throw in some therapy. The comments of Gottathink pretty much nail it. Maybe take up the cross of the obviatel if you are up to it. But it sounds like you really need to work on understanding yourself better. And do consider the effects your actions will have on others.

“I wasn’t fully awake”. No kidding. That pretty much says how we get into these situations: by sleepwalking through life. Oh well, she wanted you and you were half asleep so you are not responsible. Brother, that says it all. That’s what we do: feign innocence when we do not take responsibility for life.

But it's possible that she idealized me. She "raised" me from zero to a hundred. And then let me fall again.
And her ice-cold behavior after that, up to the moments when she always wanted to know if I was happy. What does that mean?

Like Tauriel said, Borderline Personality Disorder. It's so obvious to anyone who has just an idea of what BPD is. Read up on it.

Other than that, I agree with the rest of the feedback you received: from your own words, I don't read anything that indicates that love was ever involved in this relationship or the relationship with your wife. It doesn't sound like you know what love is. You sound immature, portray yourself as the "victim" of these two women, when you are the one using them both to meet your needs without any consideration for their well-being.

A great way to "get over" your affair would be to focus on yourself and take responsibility for everything that happened in your life so far. Why did you marry your wife if you did not love her, or if you thought you did at first, in what ways did you let your marriage down? Why did you get involved with a woman who is obviously very traumatized and sick herself, and what do you gain from remaining obsessed with her?

These are just some examples of the questions you can ask yourself, that will help you see that where you are is the result of decisions and choices YOU made along the way. Perhaps you started this thread because something higher in you wanted you to receive a shock that would finally awake you from this "sleepwalking through life", as BHelmet astutely observed. In that regard, starting this thread was the best thing you have ever done for yourself. I believe that you can do it, it is up to you.

Isn't it liberating to realize that it is all up to you? :-)

I think that you should ask yourself are you asking for help to understand your experience and feelings who go along with it or you just want your ex-lover back. If this is the first I will gladly share many information that I gathered through my life about this issue.

There's excellent book The Molecule of More and show on Sott.net in which is perfectly explained how dopamine influence on our thinking and acting. And one of the good examples is falling in love.

Our brain is programmed to crave the unexpected and to fantasize about a future where all possibilities are possible. And when something, including love, becomes known, that excitement is lost and new things begin to attract our attention. And so it goes round and round.

Kako i koliko dopamin utječe na naš život (article is written on Croatian language but you can easily translate with Google)
The novelty that triggers dopamine does not last forever. When it comes to love, the loss of passionate romance will always happen in the end, and then comes the choice. We can move on to a love that feeds on the daily respect of that other person here and now, or we can end the relationship and go in search of another emotionally turbulent ride. Choosing a dopaminergic rush requires a little effort, but it ends quickly, like the pleasure of eating a delicious cake. Love that lasts shifts the emphasis from anticipation to experience; from fantasy about everything possible to engagement with reality and all its imperfections. The transition is difficult, and when the world offers an easy way out of a difficult task, we tend to accept it. Therefore, when the firing of dopamine in early romance ceases, many relationships cease.

Off course that could be Love bite like others mentioned before and you can read about it here. Good thing in reading about Love bite and the realization that such a thing is possible (IMO) is that you become aware how much is important that you are working to become the coachman of your vehicle and you don't let the river of life carry you alone. For me those information removed the "magic spell" that I had about person that "I was in love" then. Off course, there is big question, are we truly want to know the truth or just to find a way to bring back person of our desire.

Also, it's important that we learn our lessons (if that's why we're here) to learn to love someone (just one person when it's a matter of romantic love), to taking care about him/her and devoted our self to this relationship and learn to live Here&Now.

And we must not forget free will, which is the most important. If your lady decided to leave you than (especially if you said you love her) you must let her go. And her happiness (with or without you) should be priority.

One last thing, that I realize many times in my life. When you look retrospectively in your past maybe you will notice that you met some women that was so amazing in those moments but now you see them with different perspective and you feel now that you're actually quite happy that things with didn't end "well" for you guys.

Often the idea of soulmates etc. is simply a way to lie to ourselves. In reality if you are disordered, traumatized and not whole, and have not worked on yourself, you will not meet a soulmate or even recognize her if you did.

I recommend you look into Trauma bonding, seek counselling/therapy for your issues, and do everything you can to learn about yourself and why you act in certain ways, rather than just spinning narratives after the action. Take care of your health, fitness, interests, hobbies. Have a mission and purpose in life greater than just a romantic partner. And hopefully come to some understanding and lessons from all this.

1650618391612.png

1650618414946.png

What ist lovebite? Can anyone expane it?

I can understand why you think it has something to do with dopamine. But is it possible that nine months later I'm still releasing dopamine and can't forget her?

I'm also pretty sure that my affair has psychological problems, but I can't say whether it's borderline. Maybe easier.

I subconsciously know that after nine months in her new relationship, she won't come back to me. If she really loved me, she would have given us a second chance.
I can also tell from her behavior that she is a bit "disturbed".
nevertheless, one somehow still has the hope that things will get "better" and that she might still realize that she loves me.

I also want to end the affair. How can I focus on myself? As soon as I try to think like that, the memories of the good times come flooding back.

Last edited:
Yes, i told her at the beginning of the affair with the other one that i see no future for us and that we should separate. Unfortunately she didn't want to admit it.
And so you just went along. You see no future and went back anyway.
think she just wanted me for herself. I suspect jealousy. Which she was. It was probably meant to be an indirect request that I break up immediately with my wife.
And you just went along.
It wasn't intentional. At least not by me. She had "woken me up" in the middle of the night. We hadn't had sex in a long time before that.
That's why she got pregnant, because I wasn't fully awake.
Come on! This really belongs in 'The Swamp' as BHelmet suggested.
Why obsession an mind gaming?
If you haven't got a clue by now any way of explaining seems to be closed.
There are indeed signs of borderline in her behavior.
But I always thought borderline patients couldn't have lasting relationships. I don't know anything about self-harm or suicide either.
No unusual drug use either, although several of her ex-boyfriends were dealers.
Read up on BPD as Alana suggested.
BPD.
I noticed that she needs special attention from men. She is also one who reacts jealously when a woman gets more attention.

Also that she is guided by her fears.

She always portrays herself as a victim and believes that others are to blame.
BPD.
I am attaching a letter from her that she gave me last April.
Why did you attach this letter? This is not about her but about you.
On top the letter is a long-wided accumulation of platitudes, imo and Lisa would probably not be too happy that you share her conversation in a forum for the world to read.

Other than that, I agree with the rest of the feedback you received: from your own words, I don't read anything that indicates that love was ever involved in this relationship or the relationship with your wife. It doesn't sound like you know what love is. You sound immature, portray yourself as the "victim" of these two women, when you are the one using them both to meet your needs without any consideration for their well-being.
Alana pointed out the gist of all this quite beautifully..
I'm out.
Your answers do not indicate that you listened to or contemplated any of the feedback given to you.

Back
Top Bottom