M.M.S. Miracle Mineral Solution and Jim Humble

Hi shuzammy, and welcome to the forum :) We encourage new members to introduce themselves in the Newbies section -- just a bit about yourself and how you found us. You can take a look at other posts there and see how others have done it.

It is quite an interesting sequence of recent events. First, the FDA finally acts with a warning about MMS, reported at http://www.sott.net/articles/show/212938-FDA-Warns-Consumers-of-Serious-Harm-from-Drinking-Miracle-Mineral-Solution-MMS

This warning closely coincides with Gabriela Segura's carefully documented deconstruction of Jim Humble's MMS claims, in the new Dot Connector Magazine, Issue #10. That article has now been made available to all as a pdf download from the Dot Connector website. It is a powerful tool to present to those who are under the illusion that MMS is a "miracle cure".

You can find this here: http://www.thedotconnector.org/DCM10-mms.pdf

Or here: http://www.thedotconnector.org/mag/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=18

Mods: I was not sure whether on not to leave the above links active.

Rabelais said:
It is quite an interesting sequence of recent events. First, the FDA finally acts with a warning about MMS, reported at http://www.sott.net/articles/show/212938-FDA-Warns-Consumers-of-Serious-Harm-from-Drinking-Miracle-Mineral-Solution-MMS

This warning closely coincides with Gabriela Segura's carefully documented deconstruction of Jim Humble's MMS claims, in the new Dot Connector Magazine, Issue #10. That article has now been made available to all as a pdf download from the Dot Connector website. It is a powerful tool to present to those who are under the illusion that MMS is a "miracle cure".

You can find this here: http://www.thedotconnector.org/DCM10-mms.pdf

Or here: http://www.thedotconnector.org/mag/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=18

Mods: I was not sure whether on not to leave the above links active.

Kudos for this well written and rather convincing article re MMS. Now I have something I feel I can send to those few I know who are selling it and taking it...they might not be open to hearing this, but it can't hurt to send this out.

My question is, why trust FDA? I would rather trust the Dot Connector and any other well researched article! I don't think it speaks well to think that all of a sudden the FDA has 'come around' to seeing the dangers of MMS. When one reads this article on the FDA's endorcement of GMO's, then one has to ask WHY would the FDA debunk MMS? What is the real reason???
Here is the GMO article, scroll down to "Highjacking the FDA to promote GMO's"
http://www.naturalnews.com/029325_Monsanto_deception.html

SolarMother said:
My question is, why trust FDA? .... When one reads this article on the FDA's endorcement of GMO's, then one has to ask WHY would the FDA debunk MMS? What is the real reason???

Maybe the FDA would like to use M.M.S. to cast doubt on other health supplements.
Or maybe there is no agenda, and they do give the truth from time to time.

I recently posted the SOTT, FDA MMS Warning article on a forum which is owned by a hometown friend of mine. We also have a banner ad there. The post immediately pulled a couple of Humble clappers out of the woodwork.

I then posted the link to Dr Segura's Dot Connector article, with the suggestion that it should be read before experimenting with MMS. One clapper, with a smattering of chemistry in his background, chose to perform a diversionary "soft" debunking. It is educational to watch this dynamic in action. If interested, the thread can be read here:

_http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.net/forum/index.php?id=240615

curious_richard said:
SolarMother said:
My question is, why trust FDA? .... When one reads this article on the FDA's endorcement of GMO's, then one has to ask WHY would the FDA debunk MMS? What is the real reason???

Maybe the FDA would like to use M.M.S. to cast doubt on other health supplements.
Or maybe there is no agenda, and they do give the truth from time to time.

Hmmm...no truth from the FDA is my 2 cents worth!

My question is, why trust FDA? I would rather trust the Dot Connector and any other well researched article! I don't think it speaks well to think that all of a sudden the FDA has 'come around' to seeing the dangers of MMS. When one reads this article on the FDA's endorcement of GMO's, then one has to ask WHY would the FDA debunk MMS? What is the real reason???

you don't think this logic applies to SOTT?! all of a sudden, SOTT 'comes around' to seeing the dangers of MMS ... right around the time that it is revealed that Jim Humble will be speaking at a conference that Laura will be speaking at and that he has got his own, similar religion going. it's not like the evidence against MMS has only just been discovered - it has been debunked by any medical professional who has come across it. I was warning an old friend of mine - who was an avid supporter of this site until the MMS thing blew up - about the dangers of MMS since he got hooked on it from this site. The scary thing is, he was going around town with MMS, and giving it to anyone who would listen. I hear he even advised a nursing mother to give it to her baby in its formula. when questioned about the safety and effectiveness of MMS, he would always refer to this thread and how lots of people are using it here with lots of health benefits. He was also advising a woman with cancer to avoid traditional treatments and consider treatment with bicarb - because cancer is a fungus?!!!!!

well, needless to say my old friend no longer reads this site ... he doesn't like to talk about it though - i mean the amount of time, money, and friends he lost it's no wonder.

i just find it unbelievably hypocritical and dishonest the way this has all gone down and think it reveals most readers of this site to be yes-men who can't see that the emperor has no clothes. the irresponsibility of the forum moderators and laura herself in letting this quack pseudo-science gain traction amongst her readers almost borders on criminal negligence.

Received this interesting email today. Once bought a bottle of MMS last year and I must have been put on the company that produces MMS' mailing list. Never have gotten any emails before. Here is a copy of the email.

----- Original Message -----
From: "PGL International, LLC" <Recall@projectgreenlife.com>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 6:10 PM
Subject: URGENT: MMS Product Recall Notice

URGENT: MMS Product Recall Notice

Dear Customer,

You are receiving this email because our records indicate you may have purchased a product called "MMS" from our company at some time in the past.

Following discussion with FDA officials, Project GreenLife is effecting an immediate voluntary recall of its sodium chlorite solution product labeled "MMS Professional - Miracle Mineral Solution - Premium Water Purification Drops".

Questions and answers on voluntary recall of Project GreenLife's sodium chlorite product:

Q. What products are affected by this recall?

A. Sodium chlorite solution, labeled as "MMS Professional - Miracle Mineral Solution - Premium Water Purification Drops" distributed by PGL International, LLC. This product comes in a 4 oz green plastic bottle. This recall is for all lot numbers.

Q. Why was this product recalled?

A. PGL International, LLC is initiating this voluntary recall because of safety concerns raised by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in regards to chlorine dioxide. As a precautionary measure, the company is recalling all sodium chlorite product, effective August 13, 2010.

Q. What should I do if I resell or have ever resold this product?

A. Quit selling this product and inform anyone you have sold this product to in the past by sending them a copy of this recall communication.

Q. What should I do if I have some of this product?

A. The FDA recommends that consumers stop using this product. Further distribution or use of any remaining product should cease immediately. If you have any unused product, you may seal the container and return it to the address provided below. Shipping account information will be provided upon request. PGL will work with all customers to make them whole.

If you have any questions or comments, please email recall@projectgreenlife.com.

PGL International, LLC
2533 N Carson St Ste 1991
Carson City, NV 89706
www.projectgreenlife.com
TOLL FREE PHONE: 888.349.9428

Change Subscription:
http://sub.ezinedirector.net/?fa=m&s=116131752&c=964948009

Cancel Subscription:
http://sub.ezinedirector.net/?fa=r&id=116131752&c=964948009

I threw out the bottle I had when I read the SOTT article and read the thread on MMS. Never used it.

The point that really gets me is this.
PGL will work with all customers to make them whole.

What is this supposed to mean, make them whole??? :scared:
Maybe they are being sued?

Bluestar said:
What is this supposed to mean, make them whole??? :scared:
Maybe they are being sued?

Just received the same email. I'm guessing it means they will refund your money, but I'm not sure. It's odd wording. I also thought the "Shipping account information will be provided upon request." was strange, so I emailed them and asked for it.

Valis said:

you don't think this logic applies to SOTT?! all of a sudden, SOTT 'comes around' to seeing the dangers of MMS ... right around the time that it is revealed that Jim Humble will be speaking at a conference that Laura will be speaking at and that he has got his own, similar religion going. it's not like the evidence against MMS has only just been discovered - it has been debunked by any medical professional who has come across it. I was warning an old friend of mine - who was an avid supporter of this site until the MMS thing blew up - about the dangers of MMS since he got hooked on it from this site. The scary thing is, he was going around town with MMS, and giving it to anyone who would listen. I hear he even advised a nursing mother to give it to her baby in its formula. when questioned about the safety and effectiveness of MMS, he would always refer to this thread and how lots of people are using it here with lots of health benefits. He was also advising a woman with cancer to avoid traditional treatments and consider treatment with bicarb - because cancer is a fungus?!!!!!

well, needless to say my old friend no longer reads this site ... he doesn't like to talk about it though - i mean the amount of time, money, and friends he lost it's no wonder.

i just find it unbelievably hypocritical and dishonest the way this has all gone down and think it reveals most readers of this site to be yes-men who can't see that the emperor has no clothes. the irresponsibility of the forum moderators and laura herself in letting this quack pseudo-science gain traction amongst her readers almost borders on criminal negligence.

I don't think that is an accurate assessment Valis, but I'll let others more knowledgeable speak to this.

If you bought MMS, I would hold on to it and store it in a dark place. If you ever need to clear some drinking water of unwanted critters, put a few drops in water held in a clear container and let it sit in the sun for a bit. The sun will make it drinkable again less the live critters.

Valis said:
you don't think this logic applies to SOTT?! all of a sudden, SOTT 'comes around' to seeing the dangers of MMS ...

No, I don't think. You do? Then something may be wrong with your logic. Didn't it occur to you that something may be wrong with YOUR logic? All of a sudden may be only apparent "all of a sudden". All of a sudden Einstein discovered Relativity. All of a sudden benzen ring was discovered. But was it really "all of a sudden"? Think. Your friend may not like it. You may not like it. So what? Data is all that counts, data and knowledge, knowledge and work, work and research, not personal opinions. How many times should we repeat the same before it becomes clear.

Hi Valis --

Valis said:

you don't think this logic applies to SOTT?! all of a sudden, SOTT 'comes around' to seeing the dangers of MMS ... right around the time that it is revealed that Jim Humble will be speaking at a conference that Laura will be speaking at and that he has got his own, similar religion going.

Indeed, this was the event that caused us to really focus attention and evaluate the entire situation with Humble and MMS -- and it's a good thing it happened. Would it have been better if we had realized that sooner? Of course, and it's regrettable that this wasn't the case. Humble actually has a really good schtick going on where he plays the role of the humanitarian persecuted by The Powers That Be, and this provided a lot of camouflage. However, he was eventually exposed, and we had the chance to correct the misconceptions about the benefits of MMS. I don't really understand your comparison between the FDA and SOTT -- it seems like apples and oranges to me. Remember that no one has ever claimed perfection here, and mistakes are occasionally made. But this thread and associated materials is a clear example of how a mistake is rectified once it has been identified.

Valis said:

Then it is your friend's loss. You seem to be having quite an emotional reaction due to your identification with your friend's situation. In fact, while there were members who gave positive reports about MMS early in this thread, it was never wholeheartedly endorsed in the same way that other practices such as the FIR sauna and abstention from dairy and wheat have been. So to lay the blame for your friend's situation squarely on our doorstep seems to be disingenuous -- moreover, it really doesn't give your friend a lot of credit, because it essentially relegates him to the group of "yes-men" who you describe below.

Valis said:

Have you read what she had to say that a couple of pages back in this thread? Not only are the claims you are making above pretty out-of-proportion to the situation, saying that it's "hypocritical" or "dishonest" isn't even accurate, since both imply a kind of knowledge or intent that was not manifest. It's also clear that you are reacting very emotionally about this, rather after-the-fact, which makes me think that you are motivated to do so now because of your friend's experiences. Perhaps you could have him read this.

Valis said:

you don't think this logic applies to SOTT?! all of a sudden, SOTT 'comes around' to seeing the dangers of MMS ... right around the time that it is revealed that Jim Humble will be speaking at a conference that Laura will be speaking at and that he has got his own, similar religion going.

So let me get this straight. You are saying that, since the FDA has dismissed MMS, and the FDA is known to have a hidden agenda, then Sott.net, having also dismissed MMS, must also have a hidden agenda?

Let me ask you a question. "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

[quote author=Valis] I just find it unbelievably hypocritical and dishonest the way this has all gone down and think it reveals most readers of this site to be yes-men who can't see that the emperor has no clothes. the irresponsibility of the forum moderators and laura herself in letting this quack pseudo-science gain traction amongst her readers almost borders on criminal negligence.
[/quote]

It sounds like you need to find a forum that has a guru that tells you exactly what to think and do and thereby resolve you of any personal responsibility, because you're not going to find that here.

Valis, I've just re-read all of your 12 posts on this forum and I just feel that you are in the wrong bar.

I purchased MMS approx two years ago. I tried it on myself and discarded it. It appears the Humble People are doing a Recall the following is an email that I recieved yesterday----

URGENT: MMS Product Recall Notice

Dear Customer,

You are receiving this email because our records indicate you may have purchased a product called "MMS" from our company at some time in the past.

Following discussion with FDA officials, Project GreenLife is effecting an immediate voluntary recall of its sodium chlorite solution product labeled "MMS Professional - Miracle Mineral Solution - Premium Water Purification Drops".

Questions and answers on voluntary recall of Project GreenLife's sodium chlorite product:

Q. What products are affected by this recall?

A. Sodium chlorite solution, labeled as "MMS Professional - Miracle Mineral Solution - Premium Water Purification Drops" distributed by PGL International, LLC. This product comes in a 4 oz green plastic bottle. This recall is for all lot numbers.

Q. Why was this product recalled?

A. PGL International, LLC is initiating this voluntary recall because of safety concerns raised by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in regards to chlorine dioxide. As a precautionary measure, the company is recalling all sodium chlorite product, effective August 13, 2010.

Q. What should I do if I resell or have ever resold this product?

A. Quit selling this product and inform anyone you have sold this product to in the past by sending them a copy of this recall communication.

Q. What should I do if I have some of this product?

A. The FDA recommends that consumers stop using this product. Further distribution or use of any remaining product should cease immediately. If you have any unused product, you may seal the container and return it to the address provided below. Shipping account information will be provided upon request. PGL will work with all customers to make them whole.

If you have any questions or comments, please email recall@projectgreenlife.com.

PGL International, LLC
2533 N Carson St Ste 1991
Carson City, NV 89706
www.projectgreenlife.com
TOLL FREE PHONE: 888.349.9428

Back
Top Bottom