M.M.S. Miracle Mineral Solution and Jim Humble

Kimber said:
I purchased MMS approx two years ago. I tried it on myself and discarded it. It appears the Humble People are doing a Recall the following is an email that I recieved yesterday----

Yup, I got that one too. Something is afoot.

ark said:
Valis said:
you don't think this logic applies to SOTT?! all of a sudden, SOTT 'comes around' to seeing the dangers of MMS ...

No, I don't think. You do? Then something may be wrong with your logic. Didn't it occur to you that something may be wrong with YOUR logic? All of a sudden may be only apparent "all of a sudden". All of a sudden Einstein discovered Relativity. All of a sudden benzen ring was discovered. But was it really "all of a sudden"? Think.

yes, it was all of a sudden. if it wasn't, then as soon as you had doubts you should have expressed them to the people you knew on the forum that were taking it. you didn't. that is irresponsible no matter which way you look at it. if you're going to give health advice on this forum, then there is a requirement that you act responsibly and not just emotionally when you feel someone has stolen your idea (re: paleochristianity).

ark said:
Your friend may not like it. You may not like it. So what? Data is all that counts, data and knowledge, knowledge and work, work and research, not personal opinions. How many times should we repeat the same before it becomes clear.

yes, data is what counts ... the data on MMS is not new - it's been out there since MMS became big. if you had done your "work, work and research, not personal opinions" since the beginning, you wouldn't have risked peoples health.

Shijing said:
Hi Valis --

Valis said:
My question is, why trust FDA? I would rather trust the Dot Connector and any other well researched article! I don't think it speaks well to think that all of a sudden the FDA has 'come around' to seeing the dangers of MMS. When one reads this article on the FDA's endorcement of GMO's, then one has to ask WHY would the FDA debunk MMS? What is the real reason???

you don't think this logic applies to SOTT?! all of a sudden, SOTT 'comes around' to seeing the dangers of MMS ... right around the time that it is revealed that Jim Humble will be speaking at a conference that Laura will be speaking at and that he has got his own, similar religion going.

Indeed, this was the event that caused us to really focus attention and evaluate the entire situation with Humble and MMS -- and it's a good thing it happened. Would it have been better if we had realized that sooner? Of course, and it's regrettable that this wasn't the case. Humble actually has a really good schtick going on where he plays the role of the humanitarian persecuted by The Powers That Be, and this provided a lot of camouflage. However, he was eventually exposed, and we had the chance to correct the misconceptions about the benefits of MMS. I don't really understand your comparison between the FDA and SOTT -- it seems like apples and oranges to me. Remember that no one has ever claimed perfection here, and mistakes are occasionally made. But this thread and associated materials is a clear example of how a mistake is rectified once it has been identified.

Valis said:
well, needless to say my old friend no longer reads this site ... he doesn't like to talk about it though - i mean the amount of time, money, and friends he lost it's no wonder.

Then it is your friend's loss. You seem to be having quite an emotional reaction due to your identification with your friend's situation. In fact, while there were members who gave positive reports about MMS early in this thread, it was never wholeheartedly endorsed in the same way that other practices such as the FIR sauna and abstention from dairy and wheat have been. So to lay the blame for your friend's situation squarely on our doorstep seems to be disingenuous -- moreover, it really doesn't give your friend a lot of credit, because it essentially relegates him to the group of "yes-men" who you describe below.

Valis said:
i just find it unbelievably hypocritical and dishonest the way this has all gone down and think it reveals most readers of this site to be yes-men who can't see that the emperor has no clothes. the irresponsibility of the forum moderators and laura herself in letting this quack pseudo-science gain traction amongst her readers almost borders on criminal negligence.

Have you read what she had to say that a couple of pages back in this thread? Not only are the claims you are making above pretty out-of-proportion to the situation, saying that it's "hypocritical" or "dishonest" isn't even accurate, since both imply a kind of knowledge or intent that was not manifest. It's also clear that you are reacting very emotionally about this, rather after-the-fact, which makes me think that you are motivated to do so now because of your friend's experiences. Perhaps you could have him read this.

I thank you for your well-thought out post.

Laura said:
Valis, I've just re-read all of your 12 posts on this forum and I just feel that you are in the wrong bar.

Thanks Laura - it seems to be the common (albeit, emotional) reaction here when responding to criticism - go dig some dirt on the poster. Why would I be here if I didn't find it interesting? Every other board of like-minded people on the internet seems to be able to cope with internal criticism - why can't this one? It would greatly increase the objectivity of this forum and maybe help prevent people being fooled by quack science like MMS.

Perceval said:
Valis said:
My question is, why trust FDA? I would rather trust the Dot Connector and any other well researched article! I don't think it speaks well to think that all of a sudden the FDA has 'come around' to seeing the dangers of MMS. When one reads this article on the FDA's endorcement of GMO's, then one has to ask WHY would the FDA debunk MMS? What is the real reason???

you don't think this logic applies to SOTT?! all of a sudden, SOTT 'comes around' to seeing the dangers of MMS ... right around the time that it is revealed that Jim Humble will be speaking at a conference that Laura will be speaking at and that he has got his own, similar religion going.

So let me get this straight. You are saying that, since the FDA has dismissed MMS, and the FDA is known to have a hidden agenda, then Sott.net, having also dismissed MMS, must also have a hidden agenda?

Let me ask you a question. "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

Let me answer your question: "Mu". But seriously, I wasn't creating a syllogism.

Perceval said:
[quote author=Valis] I just find it unbelievably hypocritical and dishonest the way this has all gone down and think it reveals most readers of this site to be yes-men who can't see that the emperor has no clothes. the irresponsibility of the forum moderators and laura herself in letting this quack pseudo-science gain traction amongst her readers almost borders on criminal negligence.

It sounds like you need to find a forum that has a guru that tells you exactly what to think and do and thereby resolve you of any personal responsibility, because you're not going to find that here.
[/quote]

No, sorry - making assumptionns about what i need is a waste of time. You've never even met me. Attempting to provoke me is pretty immature and an emotional response on your part.

Valis said:
Laura said:
Valis, I've just re-read all of your 12 posts on this forum and I just feel that you are in the wrong bar.

Thanks Laura - it seems to be the common (albeit, emotional) reaction here when responding to criticism - go dig some dirt on the poster. Why would I be here if I didn't find it interesting? Every other board of like-minded people on the internet seems to be able to cope with internal criticism - why can't this one? It would greatly increase the objectivity of this forum and maybe help prevent people being fooled by quack science like MMS.

Valis, there's criticism and there is rudeness and there is lack of information and lack of insight. You aren't criticising, you lack information, and you are rude. This seems to stem from a lack of insight.

ADDED: You say "why would I be here if I didn't find it interesting?" Well, you have found it interesting enough to post 12 times in as many months, so I would say that isn't a lot of interest. And, frankly, we aren't interested in people who just find it "interesting."

Laura said:
Valis said:
Laura said:

Valis, there's criticism and there is rudeness and there is lack of information and lack of insight. You aren't criticising, you lack information, and you are rude. This seems to stem from a lack of insight.

I am criticising - seriously. And if you think I'm being rude, well I apologize - I'm not being rude at all. Maybe you're being a little emotional about my criticisms? Sorry, that is the only thing I can think of.

Valis said:
OK - I criticized so I guess I get banned.

Yes it might be best if you moved along. We're trying to maintain a healthy research environment here and for that we really only need participants that demonstrate at least some emotional maturity and respect for the forum's members.

Kniall said:
Valis said:
OK - I criticized so I guess I get banned.

Yes it might be best if you moved along. We're trying to maintain a healthy research environment here and for that we really only need participants that demonstrate at least some emotional maturity and respect for the forum's members.

wow, didn't see that coming! it is the same line that is used time and time again on this forum to quiet dissent. can't have anyone questioning the assumed knowledge of this site - it might result in poison like MMS being analysed and avoided. anyway - you guys have fun all exploring the tail of the elephant ... the rest of the intelligent world will walk around the elephant and compare notes, not getting emotional and defensive when their precious perspective is questioned.

but don't worry - i am but one of many sleeper agents of dissent on this site. banning us won't help. taking away forum rights won't help. trusting fellow forum members won't help. we are legion. we have technology. we dedicate our mission to Eris - and Infinite Acetate.

Has nothing to do with dissent or criticism, Valis, it has to do with the fact that you did not do your homework. If you read every post in this thread and you still feel the way you feel, then you have a serious lack of insight and external consideration and it will be best for you to just hang out with others who think that is okay.

Valis said:
but don't worry - i am but one of many sleeper agents of dissent on this site. banning us won't help. taking away forum rights won't help. trusting fellow forum members won't help. we are legion. we have technology. we dedicate our mission to Eris - and Infinite Acetate.

Not so much a sleeper agent as a sleep-enducing agent. Either that, or, since you are 'legion', you are some kind of demonic entity. Or, since you dedicate yourself to Acetate, which is is either a salt or an ester of acetic acid., which is used in the MMS protocol, you are one of Humble's new-found devotees.

Either way, you sound like a nut job.

Valis said:

Nut job certainly sums it up. I'd lean more toward delusional, though. Anyone who has the time to be a 'sleeper agent' on a web site in a tiny corner of the internet really needs to get a life. I can't imagine having that kind of time...

The 'trusting fellow forum members' is just hilarious. I think Valis has been reading too many spy novels... :rolleyes:

anart said:
The 'trusting fellow forum members' is just hilarious. I think Valis has been reading too many spy novels... :rolleyes:

Since Valis is from Phillip K Dick, more likely he/she has been reading sci-fi :)

Eris is also the goddess of dischord. Telling? Perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom