Men's Health

And they don't seem to be in any great hurry to get it done, (unlike my situation).

I think you got lucky. My testicle is about the size of a lemon now, at least four times bigger than the healthy one. But I’m on the UK NHS and when the consultant told me the plan of action and I asked him how long, he said “Very soon. Next week, either Monday or Thursday,” so that’s soon for them and I think they’re going as fast as they can. People wait months to get CT scans over here. They got me mine in 48hrs.

I think you got lucky. My testicle is about the size of a lemon now, at least four times bigger than the healthy one. But I’m on the UK NHS and when the consultant told me the plan of action and I asked him how long, he said “Very soon. Next week, either Monday or Thursday,” so that’s soon for them and I think they’re going as fast as they can. People wait months to get CT scans over here. They got me mine in 48hrs.
True. I was fortunate enough to have company funded private health cover. Anyhow, all the best

The same book mentions problems with the testicles being related to "loss of a child" and/or "loss of a parent".

Just want to tell a story about this.

Even though loss of a child and loss of a parent can apply to me (although the child was a pet), there is also an ongoing situation with my dad. Testicles, masculinity, testosterone and sperm are obviously relevant to that.

My dad and I became more and more distant over the years. It started because I lied to him about something. I found out that he found out I’d lied. So it was a ‘he knew that I knew that he knew etc.,” type situation.

So that created the initial distance between us. Then, subsequent events created more distance. I harboured resentment for various things. We didn’t talk.

Last year, he emailed me. He said it had been a long time since we spoke and asked if there were problems between us.

Having not spoken to him for so long, and having lost any fear that a child might have of rejection by his parent for being open and even critical of them, I laid it all out and told him many of the issues I had with him and the way he had been in certain situations that caused me to not want to talk to him.

But I also told him that the biggest problem was the lie I’d told, that he had discovered, how I was ashamed of it, and how it was the starting point of our problems. And then I wrote, “it’s like it became a cancer between us, that grew and metastasised.”

A few months later, he told me he had lung cancer (which has now spread to his other lung, his liver and other places), and I went to visit him. We are on better terms now, but there are still things between us that are triggering for me. However, I have to a great extent accepted them, and love him regardless. We spoke today and I explained the situation with my testicle and we had a good chat.

I’ve just thought it interesting ever since, that I used the cancer analogy when we got back in touch last year, and then it turned out the reason he’d contacted me was because he had it, and now I have it, in my testicle, one of the physiological representations of masculinity.

Since starting this thread, it also hasn’t been lost on me that the abbreviation of ‘testicular cancer’ is my forum name.

What a strange world we live in.

Last edited:
Just want to tell a story about this.

Even though loss of a child and loss of a parent can apply to me (although the child was a pet), there is also an ongoing situation with my dad. Testicles, masculinity, testosterone and sperm are obviously relevant to that.

My dad and I became more and more distant over the years. It started because I lied to him about something. I found out that he found out I’d lied. So it was a ‘he knew that I knew that he knew etc.,” type situation.

So that created the initial distance between us. Then, subsequent events created more distance. I harboured resentment for various things. We didn’t talk.

Last year, he emailed me. He said it had been a long time since we spoke and asked if there were problems between us.

Having not spoken to him for so long, and having lost any fear that a child might have of rejection by his parent for being open and even critical of them, I laid it all out and told him many of the issues I had with him and the way he had been in certain situations that caused me to not want to talk to him.

But I also told him that the biggest problem was the lie I’d told, that he had discovered, how I was ashamed of it, and how it was the starting point of our problems. And then I wrote, “it’s like it became a cancer between us, that grew and metastasised.”

A few months later, he told me he had lung cancer (which has now spread to his other lung, his liver and other places), and I went to visit him. We are on better terms now, but there are still things between us that are triggering for me. However, I have to a great extent accepted them, and love him regardless. We spoke today and I explained the situation with my testicle and we had a good chat.

I’ve just thought it interesting ever since, that I used the cancer analogy when we got back in touch last year, and then it turned out the reason he’d contacted me was because he had it, and now I have it, in my testicle, one of the physiological representations of masculinity.

Since starting this thread, it also hasn’t been lost on me that the abbreviation of ‘testicular cancer’ is my forum name.

All the best, TC, will keep you in my prayers. And good on you for doing that excavation of stuff with your Dad. Ideally now that you've brought it more fully into the light, the process of dissipating the shadows will get easier. Or at least the conflict will diminish in energy, and something new will come from all of this for you. Take care!

Well, let's not go too crazy now. It's also simply the abbreviation of your name, and it's not like you're a walking cancer or something!

Just keep in mind that the onset of physical disease doesn't always mean you did something "bad" or wrong. Sometimes it happens as you start to resolve some long-standing issue, or because the issue is already resolved and you are sort of "grooving" into a new way of being.

If there is some symbolism, I'd look at when the issue started and then what changed (possibly over a period of many years).

And then of course we have the Covid nonsense and the fact that we're all being genetically engineered against our will... :umm:

You also need to try to be as optimistic and positive in the sense of "I'm gonna move forward!" so you don't live in the past and let it get you down too much as you go through the physical procedure. Anxiety and worry are natural, but too much can be crazy-making.

I think some people need to focus more on their weaknesses because they don't see them, while others focus too much on their weaknesses and beat themselves with them. Balance is good. Otherwise you never get anywhere.

In any case, we're all praying for the best outcome!
:hug:

Will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers T.C. and i trust the operation will go well :hug2:.

Just to share my experience. In my teens i played a lot of sport and trained daily and suddenly one day i had a lot of my pain in my right testicle and minor swelling. It turned out to be testicular torsion and i had to undergo surgery at 17. I remember clearly the operation because it was not done under GA but under an Epidural so i was awake and aware the whole time.

Even at 17 - surgery "down there" felt quite scary - and it can get you a bit down. Try not to let it get to you ( i know its easier said than done) and Scottie's advice is great - as we have to keep looking forward and moving on as time is always a great healer :

You also need to try to be as optimistic and positive in the sense of "I'm gonna move forward!" so you don't live in the past and let it get you down too much as you go through the physical procedure. Anxiety and worry are natural, but too much can be crazy-making.

I think some people need to focus more on their weaknesses because they don't see them, while others focus too much on their weaknesses and beat themselves with them. Balance is good. Otherwise you never get anywhere.

In any case, we're all praying for the best outcome!
:hug:

Same here TC, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for the upcoming surgery. :hug2:

You’ve had a lot going on and it could just be as Scottie mentioned above, you’re resolving some long-standing issues & this is your body’s way of dealing with them. I’m always curious to see what those issues may relate to, either in Louise Hay’s list from her book You Can Heal Your Life, and also German New Medicine for the underlying biological conflicts of various illnesses. Not saying either have the whole banana, but just a possible different viewpoint.

May it all go smoothly and please keep us posted.

Thank you for sharing what you are going through, TC. I will also keep you in my prayers if that is alright with you.

Your story regarding you and your father shows how hard it is and how important it is for most of us to deal with unresolved issues/energy in close relations. I am glad you are connecting better now.

Have you considered visiting a homeopath to find a remedy that can strengthen/prepare you for what is to come? I have seen from personal experience how the right remedy can help with the mental part in challenging times.

I wish you the best and am sure you will grow from this experience.

Back
Top Bottom