New book: American Heart of Darkness

I have noticed that sales of my book have gone up, especially in the last week. There is no doubt that you folks are responsible for this, and I want to thank all of you so much. I really do appreciate it! The word is getting out that we should not have abnormal, evil, people running the world.

Re: New book: American Heart of Darkness - Our Challenge

I noticed that PP is still selling fairly well on Amazon, and I have noticed more and more that people are getting interested in this subject. I went to a writers group last night and it became a hot topic of discussion, Ponerology that is. One writer was a school psychologist that really got interested. She was particularly interested in U.S. connections to the rise of Nazism before WWII and the coming together of both Nazi and U.S. fascists after the war. The discussion went on for over an hour and it was very interesting. Some of the fiction writers, which tend to be intuitive, even got into it. It was very impressive, and it gave me hope that this subject is becoming more and more of interest.
This interest and getting the word out is going to be critical in the future. I have carefully studied global environmental and economic models and they come to the same conclusions. No one knows exactly how all of this will fall out, but it is clear that we are on an unsustainable path. There is a saying that goes something like this: "Things that can't go on forever, don't go on forever." The global systems are crashing right now. There are mass migrations of animals and people from the hotter and dryer regions to cooler and wetter ones. By 2043 major regions will be uninhabitable, which will put intolerable strain on the resources of the inhabitable regions.
It is my opinion that this cannot be stopped, but it can be managed to lessen the suffering and chaos. As always, the ruling class either does not see this or does not understand the ramifications of it. Most of all they will believe that they are somehow exempt from the consequences of their disastrous decisions. It will be up to the people, us, to know and understand what is happening and what to do about it.
This is our challenge.

Re: New book: American Heart of Darkness - Our Challenge

Robert Kirkconnell said:
I noticed that PP is still selling fairly well on Amazon, and I have noticed more and more that people are getting interested in this subject. I went to a writers group last night and it became a hot topic of discussion, Ponerology that is. One writer was a school psychologist that really got interested. She was particularly interested in U.S. connections to the rise of Nazism before WWII and the coming together of both Nazi and U.S. fascists after the war. The discussion went on for over an hour and it was very interesting. Some of the fiction writers, which tend to be intuitive, even got into it. It was very impressive, and it gave me hope that this subject is becoming more and more of interest.

Good to hear. That's been my experience, too. People seem open to the idea. Whether they take that idea and DO something with it is another matter, however. Hopefully enough people can learn who will then be in positions to actually make a difference.

This interest and getting the word out is going to be critical in the future. I have carefully studied global environmental and economic models and they come to the same conclusions. No one knows exactly how all of this will fall out, but it is clear that we are on an unsustainable path. There is a saying that goes something like this: "Things that can't go on forever, don't go on forever." The global systems are crashing right now. There are mass migrations of animals and people from the hotter and dryer regions to cooler and wetter ones. By 2043 major regions will be uninhabitable, which will put intolerable strain on the resources of the inhabitable regions.

Sott.net has been focusing on these angles for years, too. One of the things we've looked at closely is the meteor/comet fragment problem and its possible connection with environmental factors. You can check out Laura's comet series on the sott page (also published in book form as "The Apocalypse"), as well as her latest book, Comets and the Horns of Moses. (You might also enjoy Sott Talk Radio, linked at the top of the sott page -- these topics have been discussed a lot on past shows, and come up regularly.) You're right, though, things don't look good in the immediate future. The Chelyabinsk explosion was probably just the beginning, then there is the danger of a new ice age. Any way you slice it, big changes are ahead.

The meteor/comet connection is a new one to me. I will need to check into it, because I have taken several advanced environmental science courses and never ran into it. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just don't know anything about it. I will be writing about environmental issues in the future, and this is interesting. Thanks.

Robert Kirkconnell said:
The meteor/comet connection is a new one to me. I will need to check into it, because I have taken several advanced environmental science courses and never ran into it. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just don't know anything about it. I will be writing about environmental issues in the future, and this is interesting. Thanks.

It's a subject that, for the most part, has been much ignored. Laura has written extensively about it, both prior to and in her latest book Comets and The Horns of Moses (which focuses on the history of comet-Earth interactions and also - among other things - how these have given rise to religions, belief systems, and cultural practices). I'll give a very brief and sketchy overview of the general idea, and then a link to read up on it and find citations of the research it is based upon:

Much of the research comes from Victor Clube and Bill Napier, who traced a number of contemporary comet streams to the break-up of a giant comet long ago - following which its more dangerous streams have periodically collided with the Earth and caused major catastrophes.

Among many other sources often referred to are Firestone, West and Warwick-Smith. The Nemesis Hypothesis also plays its part - the idea here is that of a twin sun (brown dwarf in a very eccentric orbit) which periodically travels through the Oort Cloud and hurls comets into the inner solar system - though the basic idea does not depend on this. (There are other possible explanations for the periodic entry of new comets into the inner solar system.)

Evidence from hard sciences point to common (occuring a few thousand years apart), very widespread disasters that often destroy several major civilizations at once. Mainstream archaeology (and the specializations dealing with different civilizations), on the other hand, is generally stuck in a uniformitarian dogma, wherein no sudden, abrupt, wide-ranging events can ever occur. Hard evidence from geology, dendrochronology, and carbon dating is routinely dismissed within mainstream history.

There is a also the viral question, with research pointing to comets as a source of microorganisms that survive entry into the atmosphere. When it comes to several major plagues thoughout history, comets are at present the only known explanation for how a new viral plague could have spread to several places faster than people and animals can travel: the pathogen (or new viral DNA soon combining and giving rise to the disease) came down through the atmosphere.

Apart from the books, there's a series of articles on SOTT about the (very wide and general) subject. The following quote from astronomer Victor Clube, from a report commissioned by the U.S. Air Force, gives the big picture - keeping in mind that today we have the "War on Terror" instead of the "Cold War":

"We do not need the celestial threat to disguise Cold War intentions; rather we need the Cold War to disguise celestial intentions!"

You may also want to look into the American Meteor Society's reported events, which show an exponential increase in incoming fireballs and atmospheric explosions since 2005. According to Clube's models, we have entered a "dangerous time", and the current evidence appears to fit this.

Psalehesost, Thanks for the taste of what all this is about. I vaguely recall running across the idea that life on earth could have come from comets and meteors that had impacted for instance Mars and blasted matter into space. And that it was possible for microbes and/or viruses to survive both the above scenario and reentry through earth's atmosphere. Again vaguely I recall that it was possible for micro organisms to travel between galaxies in the same fashion. I mean, why not? There is so much that we just do not know along with so much that is known and kept from us for what I consider ridiculous reasons.

With so much to research and explore it blows me away that the resources of the world are mostly squandered on destruction. We have our most talented people doing exactly the wrong things. I don't exclude myself from this either. I was military for 27 years and in the final analysis what we did was kill people and break things. We were very good at it, and actually the world would have been better off if they would have paid me my salary to stay home and do nothing. At least I would not have been wreaking things and driving back and forth to work polluting the planet. When you add the figures up this is not a ridiculous idea, and especially true when you consider the likes of George W, Donald Rumsfeld, and the rest of the pathocracy players.

That said, I have found some of the most wonderful people one can imagine in some of the same places where one can also find evil. And right now they are having a rough time of it. The better they are the worse they are being treated, and this I think is a global phenomenon. Of course, we need to support them and I think it is going to make a world of difference some day. Thanks again for sharing the ideas.

Re: New book: American Heart of Darkness - Operation Paperclip to Dealey Plaza

When looking at Macro-social evil since WWII, it seems that the JFK assassination is the "Rosetta Stone" of understanding American Pathocracy. A critical path of events led from Wall Street to Dealey Plaza that began with Wall Street's financing and support for the Nazi regime. This is well documented if not well known. Allen Dulles' legal work for I.G. Farben, manufacturer of the poisonous gas Zyclon B used in the gas chambers is one of these events.

Other supporters of the Nazis were Ford Motor Co. and General Motors whose vehicles made Blitzkrieg warfare possible, and cannot leave out IBM without which the Holocaust would have been impossible. Toward the end of the war Dulles was also instrumental in setting up the Ratlines through which thousands of history's most brutal criminals escaped. In fact, they not only escaped but were put in charge of major institutions in the U.S. The first director of NASA was Wernher Von Braun the Nazi SS officer who routinely eviscerated POWs working on the V-2 project when there was resistance. Other Nazis took charge of the USAF School of Aerospace Medicine, the army's chemical and biological warfare division, and profoundly influenced the American Psychological Association and the American Psychiatric Association.

Joseph Mengele went first to Argentina and then to other counties in South America spreading murder and mayhem. Author Carol Rutz reports that Mengele was flown into the U.S. and Canada where he tortured children to create Manchurian candidate assassins in mind control programs. She was one of them. Klaus Barbie also went to Argentina and other countries where he created the now vast drug trade. He also started the notorious militias that commit mass murder and used drug money to fund them. Sound familiar? This is where the Contras, et. al. came from.

Nelson Rockefeller looted the wealth of Europe after WWII and hid the money in Eva Peron's accounts. He stole tons of gold some of which was taken out of the teeth of death camp victims. It is hardly a coincidence that Allen Dulles, fired by JFK for lying to him about the Bay of Pigs fiasco, ended up on the Warren Commission. In fact he ran it from the back seat. He should have been a suspect in the investigation, not in charge of it. Another member was John Jay McCloy who was the High Commissioner for Germany after the war where he saw fit to pardon most of the Nazis sentenced at Nuremburg. Yes, he was one of Dulles' cronies.

These are only some of the connections of macro social evil to the JFK assassination. I went into many more in my book.

Thanks for the information. I didn't know that Mengele went to Canada?! Do you know where? All this is very disgusting. It makes me almost sick even if it happened in the past but there is no past, there is only one long and suffering present, a nightmare so hard to confront.

Re: New book: American Heart of Darkness - Fascism in America

Hi loreta!! Really nice to hear from you. Yes, Mengele was flown into Canada to "administer" to children sold into CIA mind control programs. Carol Rutz, author of A Nation Betrayed was one of the children he tortured. One of the places that Mengele operated was at McGill University, Montreal, Canada. These programs were largely funded by the Rochefeller Foundation under such headings as "brain research" for the "betterment of mankind...."

These so-called philanthropic foundations are nothing but a way for ultra rich families to keep their wealth in the family without paying taxes on it. Further, the money is used to fund activities to make sure that the family stays in power and that no one dare threaten their position. Even today, they divide the American people by funding projects in one ethnic part of a city and then let that start a big fight with other ethnic groups -- something like you giving candy to only one of your kids and then letting the others try and take it away. This is what Obama was doing for entities in the Ford Foundation in Chicago as a "community organizer."

Carol went into more than enough detail to convince me that as incredible as it may seem, these programs certainly did exist. She and I communicated back and for on this subject while I was writing about it. Her recovery from an absolute nightmare in living color is a profile in courage in itself. I covered the way in which all of the above was created, by whom, and how it was funded in my book on pages 402 to 420. The story is profoundly ugly but Carol and I know that it has to be told. Everyone that reads her book and also mine always says that they were "deeply disturbed" by the information. Yes, we intended them to be.

I believe it is imperative that we know where we are and how we got here before we begin to figure out where we need to go. America is lost in a wilderness it does not understand, and this has to change. As activist/comedian Dick Gregory once said "When you go from darkness to light, it hurt your eyes..." but is it not better to be able to see?

Another surprise is the money in the bank accounts of Eva Peron. She is perceived by many people (not by me) as a Saint. Lately a biography of her was made and again, she was a very good person, near the populace, the very poor people of her country. But eh! she was the spouse of Peron, a dictator. So...

It is interesting to see how people perceive others and what they are in reality. People seem incapable of seeing as things are, That's why it is so important a forum like this one. It is something so thrilling to see reality as it is.

I read some years ago a book that explain about the gold of the Nazis: "The Swiss, the Gold, and the Dead" by Jean Ziegler.. In this book I learned a lot about how Franco helped in many ways Hitler. And other things, also. Maybe you know this author? He is very criticized but we know why. ;D

Re: New book: American Heart of Darkness - Perceptions

Maybe we do not see things as they are because we are only seeing the shadows of reality, like Plato's Allegory of the cave. I was in the presidential airlift wing for four years and many public people were very different in person from their public image. Hubert Humphrey had the reputation as the "happy warrior" and so forth, but off stage he was a handwringing, nasty, worry-wart. He fretted constantly, and his wife used to tell him, "Hubert, just shut up...! Gotta go now. More later.

This writer has been thinking about macrosocial evil lately, and what has brought this to my attention is the deliberate dismantling of the U.S. government's support structure for the American people. It is much more pervasive than most of us know. It is not only food stamps, Social Security, Medicare, public education, and everything else that we know about, and lately I have run into some under-the-radar issues, so to speak.

Federal funding for student aid is one of these. About twelve years ago federal assistance for student aid averaged about 40 percent. Today it is about 17 percent. In a few short years our government, controlled by the pathological Wall Street bankers, has virtually unfunded our higher education students and also our collective investment in our future. The predictable results are that students are forced to take out more student loans from the very same banksters that unfunded student aid in the first place. Student loans are now number one on the loan default list with the predictable results on our youth that did exactly what we told them to do to better themselves and society. Again, the U.S. is punishing our best and rewarding our worst.

Add to this the fact that this is more of the American people's tax money that is being diverted from creation and constructive investment of our future to destructive objectives that do the opposite. This year's discretionary spending budget shows cuts in virtually every constructive area such as education, food programs, and the like, to increases in so-called "defense" and "national security" spending. CIA drone and NSA spying on the American people programs seem to be doing just fine while our best students are bankrupt because they cannot pay back student loans. And even though they are bankrupt, we notice that our children cannot get bankruptcy relief for these loans. It is against the law!

The predictable results of this up-side-down democracy where aid to dependent families has become aid to dependent corporations is not a product of "unintended consequences." It is our government diverting constructive investment to destruction and we shall reap exactly what we sow... It is also a portrait of macrosocial evil.

Note: The above is also inspiration for the title of my next book: American Heart of Darkness, Vol. II: Macrosocial Evil in the Post JFK Era. Hmmmm...!!

Yes, the whole thing is very disturbing. Lobaczewski points out that when a pathocracy emerges, it destroys everything and that it is like germs that do not realize that they will be burned or buried in the ground along with the body they are killing.

Trying to understand psychopathy in order to understand this Bizarro World they create has occupied quite a number of us for the past dozen years or so. I've sort of distilled it down to their inability to really conceptualize space and time outside of themselves.

I've touched on these issues in a couple of articles:
http://www.sott.net/article/227222-The-Golden-Age-Psychopathy-and-the-Sixth-Extinction

My speculation about one of the possible origins of psychopathy comes toward the end of the above though the whole thing is sort of important since one dot leads to another.

And: http://www.sott.net/article/154258-A-Structural-Theory-of-Narcissism-and-Psychopathy

I highly recommend Carl Frankenstein's "Psychopathy;: A comparative analysis of clinical pictures" http://www.amazon.com/Psychopathy-comparative-analysis-clinical-pictures/dp/B0006AW38Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384367991&sr=1-1&keywords=psychopathy+frankenstein

It's not that well known, but it's darn good because he even talks about juvenile psychopathy which may be why it has been sort of marginalized.

Re: New book: American Heart of Darkness - Haplogroup X

Thank you so much, Laura, for sharing this info. In researching my book, the stark contrast between the Native Americans and the European settlers was overwhelming. By comparison the Europeans were emotionally disturbed, and virtually the entire bunch displayed psychopathic behaviors. Even their farming methods were destructive and exploitive by comparison to the natives. Revisionist history has blurred the lines so as to assign profoundly disturbing characteristics to the Native Americans that simply were not there, even by the accounts of the settlers themselves. This was the big question mark in my mind, why?

Psychopathic traits in Neanderthals is an interesting concept. I got a crash course in understanding Mitochondrial DNA when I had mine tested and it came back one of the rarest of all, Haplogroup X. The only populations where X is common are the Algonquian speaking Native Americans where it is about 25 to 30 percent of the total population. Some tribes run as much as 50 percent. In modern Europeans it is roughly 2 percent, depending on whose research you are looking at. Another population where X is more frequent are the Roma or more commonly known as the Gypsies.
I am certain that Haplogroup X came to the Americas, across the Northern Atlantic, from Europe before it was Europe. This presents some interesting possibilities. Could this population have been devoid of Neanderthal DNA, and would that explain the probable nonexistence of psychopaths in the population? Something to think about.

Re: New book: American Heart of Darkness - Haplogroup X

Robert Kirkconnell said:
Psychopathic traits in Neanderthals is an interesting concept. I got a crash course in understanding Mitochondrial DNA when I had mine tested and it came back one of the rarest of all, Haplogroup X. The only populations where X is common are the Algonquian speaking Native Americans where it is about 25 to 30 percent of the total population. Some tribes run as much as 50 percent. In modern Europeans it is roughly 2 percent, depending on whose research you are looking at. Another population where X is more frequent are the Roma or more commonly known as the Gypsies.

Where does it say it is common in Roma. The two populations I read about say it was more common in the Druze and Altaians. (See "Mummies of Urumchi" for possible details about these peoples.)

Robert Kirkconnell said:
I am certain that Haplogroup X came to the Americas, across the Northern Atlantic, from Europe before it was Europe.

Or escaped to Europe after the Deluge.

Robert Kirkconnell said:
This presents some interesting possibilities. Could this population have been devoid of Neanderthal DNA, and would that explain the probable nonexistence of psychopaths in the population? Something to think about.

From what I have read, the neanderthal trace is found everywhere EXCEPT Africa! So much for "out of Africa" theories. This is odd, too, since Neanderthals are not found everywhere. But, obviously, all that is speculative.

As for the NA population being devoid of psychopathy, not likely. Read Grondine's "Man and Impact in the Americas" for some hair-raising legends of cannibalistic gangs way back when in good old North America. I would say that the legend of the Wendigo/witiko is a tale of psychopathy.

What is interesting is how most NA societies ultimately chose to deal with such types: exclusion from the tribe and abandonment or shoving them off an ice-floe amongst the Eskimos. Obviously, such a practice over a long period of time would reduce the occurrence. Also, "diagnosing" such types is easier when people live in tribal groups and everyone knows everyone from infancy.

See the movie "Fast Runner" for a pretty clear example of psychopathy emerging in a small tribe of Eskimos and how they dealt with it.

Back
Top Bottom