New Forum layout April 2018

If you want full context, then you'll need to search these IDs in XenForo source code and check what it does.

Don't do that! The source code is nuts. We should just gather all the confusing phrases together, and I can go through it and give descriptions of each since I've already been through the entire admin panel (which has lots and lots and LOTS of options).

I don't have access to the XenForo language file.
I created a gitlab account and installed OmegaT but 'Download Team Project' with the URL posted by @Altair gives me 'This URL appears to be invalid', it's probably French anyway and I'm about German.

I don't have access to the XenForo language file.
I created a gitlab account and installed OmegaT but 'Download Team Project' with the URL posted by @Altair gives me 'This URL appears to be invalid', it's probably French anyway and I'm about German.
Send me your gitlab account (username or email) so that I can add you to the project. By the way, @luc is already working on translation into German so you may want to coordinate your translation.

I cant make Omega T working. See the attached screenshot . This is what i get after i tried to follow the instructions posted here.

Here's mini HowTo for translating XenForo language files in OmegaT:

1. Download and install OmegaT
2. Download and install Okapi Framework plugin for OmegaT (current version). If you didn't install OmegaT plugins before, search online.
3. In OmegaT go to: Options -> Preferences -> Tag processing. Change "Regular expression for custom tags" to "\{.+?\}" (without quotes).
4. Create new project in OmegaT. Copy XenForo file to source folder.
5. Download attached archive. Unzip it somewhere inside the project folder.
6. In OmegaT go to: Project -> Properties -> File filters. Check "Make the file filter settings project specific". In filters list find and click "XML files (Okapi - XML filter)". Click "Options". Check "Use the following parameters file", choose unzipped file. Close all dialogs and reload the project.

After that you should get clean segments in OmegaT editor. HTML and {text} tags should be recognized and protected by OmegaT. After translated document is created it should be fixed to use CDATA notation for element values, but it's not your headache as a translator.

I don't understand if the XenForo file is the same as the Attached file.
I guess it is not, but where can I find that Xenforo file then.
I am missing something here?

Attachments

• screenshot-1.jpg
    screenshot-1.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 6
Still have problems with OmegaT. Now it is some Java problems I think. I have the latest Java 8 installed.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 10
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

:lol: If you don't do that kind of thing when programming, you go mad.

Either that, or the only people who would ever want to program anything are already crazy...
:whistle:

Hi, I don't know if we have an estimated deadline in this project (I guess not :-)), but just in case I report that I'm doing the Spanish translation and my speed is around 200-300 segments every day :-[ . I am now near to segment 1000, so I guess that I might be finishing in the best of the cases more or less in 15-20 days.

What about the forum guidelines shown on registration? Are the ones in the language files the correct ones and are actually used? Because there are already german translations, but they are for a version that seems to be a bit different that what is in the xml file.

I started with Macedonian translation. As I can see I am the only one who will translate this to Macedonian.
I don't even know if it is wise to do Macedonian translation because not many people need that language translation, but I will try to do it.
It will go really slow because I don't have much time. Anyone who wants to help with Macedonian translations is welcome.

What about the forum guidelines shown on registration? Are the ones in the language files the correct ones and are actually used? Because there are already german translations, but they are for a version that seems to be a bit different that what is in the xml file.

I wouldn't worry about translating that since I don't think there's a way to change the language from English until after you're registered. Besides, it's a LOT of text to translate...

Back
Top Bottom