Olympic games in Paris (2024)

I am greatly amused and delighted by this outraged heterodirected hysterical madness. Actually ALL these people are handsomely paid to inhale and ingest any and all kind of shit literally including that of guests:-). You can be outraged anytime you want, but they chose it.
Geez, I’m quite shocked by your statement.

Apparently my level of “amusement” or “delight” for the suffering of others, is on a different scale than yours.

These elite “athletes” are someone’s children.

Striving for all they can accomplish, from their level of being, as Gurdjieff would say.

Sure, they are most likely from the category of man number one, physically focused with very limited interest in any “esoteric” subjects or higher intellectual pursuits.
Maybe even from the first levels of new Human beings, organic portals, BUT, they are doing the best they can, with what they have, and who they are.

Perhaps my involvement and friendship over the years with several families of Olympic contestants has made me a sucker, or a a softy, in your opinion, but having seen the dedication, perseverance, commitment and sacrifices these young people and their FAMILIES put into getting them to the Olympic competitions, geez, I feel sad for them, and yes, outraged that they are being subjected to these perverse, cruel and toxic conditions.

And, about the money, and fame....I’m also very aware that the Olympic participants are funded, and backed by corporations and sponsors.
The majority of athletes come from ordinary working class families, and rather than viewing the contestants as “elite”, those young people are truly in bondage to those same corporations, for 10’s of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
Not participating isn’t an option, in my opinion.
They follow their dreams, and then get “owned”.
So, for what it’s worth, there’s my point of view and opinion, at this time.

Geez, I’m quite shocked by your statement.

Apparently my level of “amusement” or “delight” for the suffering of others, is on a different scale than yours.

These elite “athletes” are someone’s children.

Striving for all they can accomplish, from their level of being, as Gurdjieff would say.

Sure, they are most likely from the category of man number one, physically focused with very limited interest in any “esoteric” subjects or higher intellectual pursuits.
Maybe even from the first levels of new Human beings, organic portals, BUT, they are doing the best they can, with what they have, and who they are.

Perhaps my involvement and friendship over the years with several families of Olympic contestants has made me a sucker, or a a softy, in your opinion, but having seen the dedication, perseverance, commitment and sacrifices these young people and their FAMILIES put into getting them to the Olympic competitions, geez, I feel sad for them, and yes, outraged that they are being subjected to these perverse, cruel and toxic conditions.

And, about the money, and fame....I’m also very aware that the Olympic participants are funded, and backed by corporations and sponsors.
The majority of athletes come from ordinary working class families, and rather than viewing the contestants as “elite”, those young people are truly in bondage to those same corporations, for 10’s of thousands of dollars, if not millions.
Not participating isn’t an option, in my opinion.
They follow their dreams, and then get “owned”.
So, for what it’s worth, there’s my point of view and opinion, at this time.
It has multiple tones for me, it all depends on where I view it from. I can lol, be disgusted and disturbed, complacent, outraged, feel deep sorrow, compassion and empathy. I think the best option is to be non participating in my emotions about it all and just watch and observe the feelings that arise.

It has multiple tones for me, it all depends on where I view it from. I can lol, be disgusted and disturbed, complacent, outraged, feel deep sorrow, compassion and empathy. I think the best option is to be non participating in my emotions about it all and just watch and observe the feelings that arise.
I’m also not in any anguish, my emotional gauge is in neutral, and at the end of the day, it’s not “my kid” out there in the sewer River.
That doesn’t mean my heart is hardened to another’s plight.
Bearing witness and acknowledging, having a level of acceptance and empathy for the plights of another’s path, even though I cannot change the free will choice of what they are experiencing, still matters, in my view.

Smile and wave, and deal with what is in front of me.

This is the poster announcing the closing ceremony of the olympic games. It seems pretty obvious that it shows " the fall " and in the bible the Apocalypse 11:8 it's written " And their corpses will be in the square of the great city, which is called, in a spiritual sense, Sodom and Egypt, the very place where their Lord was crucified." So "La cène" as the opening and shows "the last meal" for the 26 : 7 and for the closing, the crucifixion of the christ ?

View attachment 99787
That looks so ominous, lonely, cold, dark. The fall of a light being into a world of darkness.. that's how I would describe that poster.

@Debra
I might have posted about this earlier, but my longtime friend was a professional photographer who toured for years with the Ukrainian gymnastics team. I asked him last year what caused him to stop doing it. This was his reply (it’s in the context of our discussion, so bear that in mind). But yes, he’s well familiar with the subject of what those families endure.

“Yes, I’ve seen all that first hand at the World Championship or European Championship level. It all gets greatly magnified at the Olympic level. And gymnastics, being a judged event, is highly susceptible to numerous improprieties, nationalistic chauvinism and bogosity of the highest caliber. My gymnastic judge friend from Mexico directly witnessed and experienced such things herself and she loved spilling the behind-the-scenes beans to me. I suppose such shenanigans are what drove me away from following all sports the past decade.

I can occasionally look back on with a sense of achievement. I made some lasting international friendships, gained valuable experience, and witnessed some incredible feats of human agility.

Since then the sport of gymnastics changed drastically, and not for the better IMO. I suppose the same can be said of sports overall and particularly the Olympics. Not to mention the changes in the world of sports photography and photojournalism in general, all of which has compelled me to move on to other things.”

*edit to add: He’s currently planning a trip to Uzbekistan: “I need to find out if my gymnastics friend Oksana Chusovitina and her coach are going to the Olympics this year. If so, I may wait till after to visit UZB so I can see them, and I don’t want to bother them while training for the Games.”

Last edited:
I am not sure if this has been posted before, but it was made 4 years ago and it is so epically prophetic lol.

Back
Top Bottom