Potential Food and Energy Shortage Across the World

it is not uncommon that people make fires indoors. Hour own house almost burned down, because africans at the ground floor back in 2012 set a fire in their apartment. We also have extremely large amounts of firearms in our wider neighborhood of Stockholm-Rågsved. When I think of how all the youngsters, suddenly without any mobile phone distraction, have no food, no water, will roam around in the area with guns... I do get a quite wobbly in my legs.
What you say is a recipe for disaster. The worst place you can be is a big city, bigger the population bigger the danger, especially if you say there are many foreigners and many weapons like in many western cities, that religious, class, ethnical hatred that is kept under surface is going to explode thanks to multiethnicity. Police can not control even now some stockhlom jungle neighbourhoods if I am not wrong so guess what will happen when it gets serious when today you have many brain dead young people. I would not stick in that kind of place for long if having other options and would bug out. We live in a half animal world and that side is dominating, lest we not forget that.

What you say is a recipe for disaster. The worst place you can be is a big city, bigger the population bigger the danger, especially if you say there are many foreigners and many weapons like in many western cities, that religious, class, ethnical hatred that is kept under surface is going to explode thanks to multiethnicity. Police can not control even now some stockhlom jungle neighbourhoods if I am not wrong so guess what will happen when it gets serious when today you have many brain dead young people. I would not stick in that kind of place for long if having other options and would bug out.

*hm* for many people moving isn't an option really.

I mean I can understand when people do not leave their place - especially when the SHTF very sudden, very quickly... it just isn't an option then. But there are many situations, which do not really favor to move somewhere else.

My approach is one-step-at-the-time (and trying to prepare as good as i can, but without getting sucked into obsession). I am not trying to outline the worst case scenario - but I do think about it, of course. Yet, I will try, not to bind my soul to fear and only worst outcomes - because I don't believe we can control everything, and, everything that can go wrong (plus i want to keep the doors open for the unexpected, which sometimes saves the day / situation in surprisingly, unexpected, often better ways than predicted).

With that being said, of course I think of many ugly scenarios including the really bad ones. Perhaps I do that in order to prepare and strengthen my psyche, just in case when it get's really bad - so that i don't break part when it really gets bad... for real. My hope is, that it might help others in times of need - because it isn't just about survival in terms of water and food - it is also about the state of psyche in people during great distress.

Within the daily life routines, deep down inside, while playing through many scenarios which come to me from within in periods - I am trying to groom/train/strike a balance in me; between the different opposing parts; such as ego vs heart, boy vs mature man, coward vs practical guy, fear vs courage, arrogance vs humbleness, naivety/stupidity vs wisdom, STS vs STO.

What I get to learn from this is... that yes, i still have plenty of STS in me - and that denying is no option. But I also see STO in me. So, it is like a inner journey, a "fight", a place of negotiation, a road... trying to find a stable balance, in order to prepare for much worser times in case those happen.

I understand where both of you are coming from @Corvus and @XPan.

Sometimes when I am down in the dumps a bit I do think of the risks and dangers of western society spiralling out of control and turning into a disaster area. But most of the time I think of the role that I could play, considering my age, my situation and so on. The Survival Medicine Handbook (see our thread) prepares those people who wish to become the medics of their friends, families and communities when the world as we know it ends. That book really made me think about this role and as I am interested in Health and Wellness I started purchasing a first aid kit, together with all kinds of books dealing with medical issues, herbs, essential oils, homeopathic and Bach flower remedies and so on. (Plant remedies are not very expensive, but they could come in very handy.)

I don't know what the Universe has in store for me, but I can prepare in all kinds of ways, so I can be of help to others.
With that being said, of course I think of many ugly scenarios including the really bad ones. Perhaps I do that in order to prepare and strengthen my psyche, just in case when it get's really bad - so that i don't break part when it really gets bad... for real. My hope is, that it might help others in times of need - because it isn't just about survival in terms of water and food - it is also about the state of psyche in people during great distress.
Absolutely! And as the Cs said we are not here just to survive, but to save others (paraphrasing).

The reason I bought some Bach flower remedies is because they are very gentle but effective remedies against all kinds of psychological issues. The same goes for some essential oils that may have a positive effect on the psyche. But this is just me and what I am interested in. Anybody who would want to, can think of expanding their skills and knowledge in order to help the people who need it (except psychopaths). My two centimes.

I don't know what the Universe has in store for me, but I can prepare in all kinds of ways, so I can be of help to others.
My feeling as well, @Mariama. I have gathered - and continue to gather, knowledge, skills, and items that could be of aid in helping those in my household, neighborhood, and town; in that order. Being there when needed or asked is one of the best things I think I can do when our society and world crumbles under the PTB and their machinations. Preparing mentally and physically by doing the Work strengthens us for the time to come.

📖 💕

Ok, then it seems to be a good idea to order the book "The Survival Medicine Handbook" - Thank for the tip, Mariama :flowers: A good way for me to start up more seriously. It is now in my basket, just waiting for the next salary ;-) on it's way.

Both German Amazon.de did have it as well the Swedish Amazon.se - albeit with a lot confusion, strange high prices (up to 250 €) and apparent fakes with missing pages / bad quality prints :scared:. Perhaps I should order via Amazon.de, because the Swedish Amazon, is a hellhole in terms of what they "offer"; with things that sometimes obscurely priced (at times up to 2000 % more than what is common), especially from some Chinese sellers.

On question; is "The Survival Medicine Handbook" in color or black & white ?

Does anyone know a good book on plants & herbs (to be used for medicine & food) which grow in the typical surrounding "around the house", preferably European oriented ? A kind of homeopathy oriented book with how identify and to-do's.

I've looked several times at Amazon, but got terribly lost among the offers - because when I read the reviews, they don't really give me a good hint on what is really useful... I've always wondered what our house plants can do, but I know absolutely nothing... 💕

Does anyone know a good book on plants & herbs (to be used for medicine & food) which grow in the typical surrounding "around the house", preferably European oriented ? A kind of homeopathy oriented book with how identify and to-do's.

Something strange just happened.

Right before i wrote my entry here, i spoke with my husband in the kitchen about herbal plants and possible books to learn more about remedies etc - and then right after - Facebook sends him a recommendation link to .... "book of herbal remedies net". WTF ?! It's like being haunted by Alexa (which we don't have).

That's just awful !!!

well my husband is a guy who despite all our discussions, uses Google, clicks on "yes", goes constantly Facebook with all the whistles and bells, and most likely also approves that Facebook is "listening" via his iPhone - which is sad given that we often talk about security and abuse - and then this happens. It's almost like asking for it :rolleyes:

That's just awful !!!
It truly is. I once requested my data from Google and found out that there were parts of my company's confident conversation between shareholders transcribed in files labeled as "Google Assistant Triggers". Of course, I'm not a high-profile person, but imagine what they can do in the context of politics and "control files". We ceded surveillance powers from the government (via lawful interception) to corporations, exactly what The Great Reset is about. The worst part is that we hardly can do anything about that. On Android, you can try to flash firmware without (most of) the Google services, but you still don't know if microphone hardware can be accessed or not via the cellular provider's network. You can be more sure with certain models that have semi-open hardware designs, but none of the SoCs have open-source firmware, so yeah, we volunteered for 3D implants as well it seems ;)

There's a good thread by Kim Dotcom on Twitter on that matter:

Kim Dotcom... Isn't he a german super wise guy in terms of hacking ?

I will sit down and seriously contemplate what to do in the future with our digital devices. I may buy or build a sort of double faraday cage, in which all devices are being put, when serious conversations are being held. For the time being, there is supposedly a setting in the Facebook app, where you can turn off offline activity being recorded. (not that I trust in that, but for the moment, i made my husband disable those microphone settings both in-app and in the iPhone).

Kim Dotcom... Isn't he a german super wise guy in terms of hacking ?
I know the guy from the Megaupload service, he made a fortune but also had some problems with the law. He tweets some sensible things, I can imagine that the one I've linked is mostly true. I've been working in 3GPP for a while, and every operator has a "lawful interception" interface. This basically enables the government to simply redirect all your mobile traffic to some arbitrary location, without too much hassle.
I will sit down and seriously contemplate what to do in the future with our digital devices. I may buy or build a sort of double faraday cage, in which all devices are being put, when serious conversations are being held. For the time being, there is supposedly a setting in the Facebook app, where you can turn off offline activity being recorded. (not that I trust in that, but for the moment, i made my husband disable those microphone settings both in-app and in the iPhone).
I guess we can accept the fact that this happens, be aware of that and move on. Simply not talking about tax evasion tactics in presence of those devices, etc. ;) Of course, I exaggerate, but the infrastructure for surveillance is widely deployed and ready. "Belong or starve":
Session 16 October 1994 said:
Q: (L) What is the meaning of the number 666 in the book of Revelation?

A: Visa.

Q: (L) You mean as in credit card?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Are credit cards the work of what 666 represents?

A: Yes?

Q: (L) Should we get rid of all credit cards?

A: Up to you.

Q: (L) Would it be more to our advantage than not to disconnect ourselves from the credit system?

A: Isn't just credit also debit.

Q: (L) Is that an affirmative.

A: How are you going to do this?

Q: (L) Well, do you have any suggestions?

A: World will soon have nothing but credit and debit have you not heard of this new visa debit cards this is the future of money as controlled by the world banking system i.e. the brotherhood i.e. Lizards i.e. antichrist.

Q: (L) If I don't have a credit card then I don't have to belong to this system?

A: No. You will have no choices: belong or starve.

Q: (L) What happened to free will?

A: Brotherhood aka Lizards aka antichrist has interfered with free will for 309000 years. They are getting desperate as we near the change.

Q: (V) It has always been my nature to rebel against that which I did not feel was good for me. Is rebellion against this system possible?

A: If you are willing to leave the body.

Q: (L) Leave the body as in death, croak, kick the bucket?

A: Yes.

📖 💕

Ok, then it seems to be a good idea to order the book "The Survival Medicine Handbook" - Thank for the tip, Mariama :flowers: A good way for me to start up more seriously. It is now in my basket, just waiting for the next salary ;-) on it's way.

Both German Amazon.de did have it as well the Swedish Amazon.se - albeit with a lot confusion, strange high prices (up to 250 €) and apparent fakes with missing pages / bad quality prints :scared:. Perhaps I should order via Amazon.de, because the Swedish Amazon, is a hellhole in terms of what they "offer"; with things that sometimes obscurely priced (at times up to 2000 % more than what is common), especially from some Chinese sellers.

I've looked several times at Amazon, but got terribly lost among the offers - because when I read the reviews, they don't really give me a good hint on what is really useful... I've always wondered what our house plants can do, but I know absolutely nothing... 💕
Here's an Illustrated Encyclopedia of Natural Remedies I found at Archive.org:

I'm looking for something that will further detail growing the herbs, etc. :-)

📖 💕

Hello Xpan, I just thought i could perhaps offer a few selections. As you pointed out, you would prefer to have use of "environmental surroundings" of your location. To do that, please look up your local Amazon and see what is available for your own plant lore.
If you can purchase a book on what kind of "wild" and available plants growing in your area first, then you would be more familiar with what you could use when spring comes (or grown from seeds if possible).

The Survival Medicine Handbook is an excellent start. One of the authors of this book is Claude Davis. He also published No GRID Survival Projects. This book contains at the end a list of helpful plants that fight viruses: Japanese Honeysuckle, Elderberry, Yarrow, Witch Hazel, Purple Deadnettle, Stinging Nettle, Echineacea, Bee Balm, Aloe Vera, Mints, Mullein, Oregano, Agrimony, Willows, Poplar, Motherwort, Hawthorn, Dandelion, Yellow Dock, Cleavers, Goldenrod, St. John's Wort and Skullcap. He recommends purchasing seeds as much as possible to help out in providing food and medicine in case of emergency.

Next, from this thread of homeopathy, consider " Helping and Healing" by Thomas Haberle. That one is really helpful as well. I personally love it. This title had been suggested from someone in this thread.

The Complete Medicinal Herbal by Penelope Ody from Dorling Kindersley (UK). Fully illustrated, it gives the name of the plant (scientific name), parts used (flowers vs seeds vs leaves or essential oil). Author shows exactly what the plant looks like. Many of these plants do not grow in my area but I have ordered seeds in the past to see if it can be grown in a greenhouse i plan on building soon. The emphasis is mostly European trees and plants.

Herbal antibiotics: what Big Pharma doesn't want you to know by Mary Jones. Most of these herbs she mentions are purchased elsewhere, such as astragalus root, cinnamon sticks or ginger root: unless you grow them yourself. Again, if you can order seeds, or find a health food store near you, you will be ahead of the game.

My favorite i purchased recently is Dare to be a Green Witch (Ehris Urban and Velya Jancz-Urban). It is written by two "witches", a mother and daughter team. It is funny, educational, loads of info and recipes, anecdotes and life stories that we can all relate to. The ladies are living a clean lifestyle with emphasis on good food and appropriate medicinal use for everyday life. Many of the remedies and recipes they provide can be found either in a local health food store or grown yourself (red clover, raspberry leaves, licorice root, spearmint, nettle, etc.). They provide recipes to make your own vanilla extract, Kefir, Kimchi, Kombucha, and many more. Before giving the recipe, they explain what each ingredient will do for your body and what kind of "additive" you'll be avoiding if you purchase already available in the grocery store. Really helpful book.

The Bach Flower Remedies are not familiar to me. First time i read about that. I guess researching this option is next on my things to do for now.

Hope this is helpful. I'm sure the community in this thread will find you helpful titles or websites you can consult. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom