Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

I don't think so. EU will only ban certain Russian banks from swift. Not Russia's total economy.
What about the central bank sanctions? I like your optimism @bjorn but I'm not seeing how this all ends? Ukraine won't be neutral unless Russia leave their forces there and even then the fighting will continue. "Might" doesn't always mean the mighty will get their way. Russia is literally being cut off from Europe with each passing day and it's not like the sanctions will be lifted anytime soon - they will only be increased. There's no going back for Russia and it's literally facing a union of countries that are now united "against" it in a very open way.

@bjorn how do you see all these ending?

The other thing to mention is the people in Western Ukraine won't pivot to Russia even in the event that Russia destroyed the Ukrainian military. We've already seen for ourselves some commentators here in the forum from Western Ukraine and we've seen the mindset. I don't think Russian military will break that mindset which is resoundingly anti-Russian.

Guys, things aren't shaping up nicely - quite the opposite. Someone say what Russia has gained over the last 3 days other than display its military capabilities? What about what it has lost? I say it is appearing to have lost more than it has gained today - like, there's no going back? They can't just return their military to Russia and say that's it - the EU/USA/Canada/Australia and all similarly aligned countries will not let it go, in fact the opposite, it's now open season!

Maybe it was all inevitable and it didn't matter if they did or didn't do anything.

Is it premature to think we are going to get a wider war because Russia won't see any other way out or the "alliance" against Russia will try and pull something crazy and decisive off? I hope it all ends well really because I'm not keen on some 21st century war between all these countries.

@bjorn how do you see all these ending?

Do you also mean the war?

The Russians are currently advancing faster than the Americans did during the Iraq War in 2003. And this terrain is more difficult. Also on paper, the Ukraine army is stronger.

Many expected the Russians to do a blitzkrieg. But seems like they really do give the Ukrainian army the option to surrender. In contrast, the Americans in 2003 did go ''All out'' and bombed anything suspicious.

The Russians avoid using heavy artillery. Because as soon as you deploy that, you destroy entire cities.

What about the central bank sanctions?

Russia is a central part of the global economy. It is impossible to cut them off. But if they do, I expect a lot of friction within the Empire. Because Europe will be hit the hardest. And without Russia, we can only last that long. Perhaps the US-led empire will even fall apart.

Interesting, I now have access to the RT website. Was it a glitch, I don;t know, because it was early morning here in Canada, where i live. It made me think of the heavy handed approach of Chyrstia Freeland, using the Truckers to suppress information streams. Maybe she overstretched her authority as a NWO puppet, and her emotional connection to Ukraine, like some kind of nodding doll, all eager to comply. Again overstepping, and demonstrating her face, and the reach of AI into the intrusion of our lives.

My thoughts.

Do you also mean the war?

The Russians are currently advancing faster than the Americans did during the Iraq War in 2003. And this terrain is more difficult. Also on paper, the Ukraine army is stronger.

Many expected the Russians to do a blitzkrieg. But seems like they really do give the Ukrainian army the option to surrender. In contrast, the Americans in 2003 did go ''All out'' and bombed anything suspicious.

The Russians avoid using heavy artillery. Because as soon as you deploy that, you destroy entire cities.

Russia is a central part of the global economy. It is impossible to cut them off. But if they do, I expect a lot of friction within the Empire. Because Europe will be hit the hardest. And without Russia, we can only last that long. Perhaps the US-led empire will even fall apart.
But the mindset of a huge chunk of Ukraine is now anti-Russian and this won't change. Just taking over a country with your military doesn't equate to victory in the long run - see USA as an example.

I'm not seeing what the grand plan is from Russia - is anyone? All I'm hearing is that there's some master plan that is beyond our ability to perceive or comprehend. We heard all these during the US elections and Trump lost! I don't know, I'm just a simpleton so I'll wait and see - no other choice anyways.

I just have a bad feeling about all these now - sorry for the negativity but there needs to start being good news soon otherwise that's a sign things are most definitely going south and we normal people will have a big price to pay!

Russia has been shoring up gold and has a huge natural gas reserve. You can't eat dollars in the end, and even burning dollars won't keep the fire going that long. In that vein I think Russia having all that natural gas will prove to be worth much more than gold.

Also don't forget China, who can also come in for a surprise economic attack if the rest of the world doesn't get their priorities straight.

The US and Europe cutting off Russia? Nah, I think Russia and China will cut off the rest of the world and do just fine. They will have the last laugh.

Europe, if it comes to sense, will even outlast the US, because we over here have long since given up our manufacturing and exporting, instead we rely 99.5% on the rest of the world. We're also geographically disconnected from the world, save for Canada who is also now a laughing stock, and South America, who I'm sure will soon realize they are better off without the US.

But the mindset of a huge chunk of Ukraine is now anti-Russian and this won't change. Just taking over a country with your military doesn't equate to victory in the long run - see USA as an example.

There is still Eastern Ukraine.

Putin said that the goal of the operation was to 1) disarm and 2) to denazify Ukraine. As soon as these goals are reached, the bulk of the Russian army will leave and he will let the new Ukrainian army fight their own anti-Nazi war. Russian special forces and air support will remain.

I'm not saying it is going to be easy. I think Ukraine will be flooded by well-armed criminal gangs and Nazi insurgents for years to come.

OSIT.

I'm not seeing what the grand plan is from Russia - is anyone? All I'm hearing is that there's some master plan that is beyond our ability to perceive or comprehend. We heard all these during the US elections and Trump lost! I don't know, I'm just a simpleton so I'll wait and see - no other choice anyways.

I just have a bad feeling about all these now - sorry for the negativity but there needs to start being good news soon otherwise that's a sign things are most definitely going south and we normal people will have a big price to pay!
Well for starters it's been 3 days and it's not a total war on the russian side yet... i think it's autosuggestion coming from nowhere that professional russian troops should have finished this in 48 hours or less i just don't we know.

Guys, no one is cutting anyone off and doing just fine. This is an interconnected system! Don't be mistaken, the US and EU are powerful as hell and are well versed in destroying other countries - in fact they have a proven track record of this. Tomorrow better bring some good news and this nonsense between all these countries better stop! There needs to be some diplomacy.

Well for starters it's been 3 days and it's not a total war on the russian side yet... i think it's autosuggestion coming from nowhere that professional russian troops should have finished this in 48 hours or less i just don't we know.
The problem though is that it doesn't look like it'll matter if Russia actually wins militarily or if it can actually do it. What does winning militarily mean practically in this situation? Taking Kiev? Destroying all strategic military places in Ukraine? I'm not sure any if these will constitute victory in the long run.... Again, what's the plan?

The problem though is that it doesn't look like it'll matter if Russia actually wins militarily or if it can actually do it. What does winning militarily mean practically in this situation? Taking Kiev? Destroying all strategic military places in Ukraine? I'm not sure any if these will constitute victory in the long run.... Again, what's the plan?
I don't know, but I understand you... negotiate maybe? Ukraine surrender for now?... If things get more difficult, Russia may well give certain parties an ultimatum.

When I learned of Putin's decision to put the church back in the centre of the village, I had also learned of the death of a very good old friend at the dawn of his 80th year, through his son.
Among my condolences, I told him that I became friend with his father quite easily because he was a man of his word, who kept his word and showed it.
And such men I had not come across much in my life.
I am grateful to him for having been such a man, because in front of him, I was able to make constructive exchanges, which raised me towards a better fulfilment.

In the end, the same is true of Vladimir Putin, as a man and as a president.
I do not know who gave him this inspiration, this will, and above all this sensitivity and knowledge.
Among many others, I am grateful to him for standing up at the right moment to say that there are still men in this world who have values and their words, and that these words are accompanied by real and authentic actions, not vain and hypocritical, just to occupy space and fill it with noise and chaos, with consequences opposite to what was promised.
This is both a great joy and a great grief. A photon might say that it is a state of great "griefoy".

The media outbursts, and the political posturing can be summed up in these words from Putin:

(In French)
"When I was a kid we used to say to each other when we were arguing at playtime 'he who says it is the one who is'. This is not a coincidence, it is not just a childish saying, it has a deep psychological meaning. We always see our own traits in others, and we think they are like us in reality."
Roughly in summary:
"What you say comes back on you," Vladimir's response when Joe had called him a killer.

Back
Top Bottom