Recommended Books: Discussion

hlat

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
There's a duplicate entry under "14. Caesar" for "Escape from Evil7.13 - Ernest Becker"

Ant22

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi Christine,

I tried to copy and paste one of my kindle books and it does not work.
I mean that I can not even copy one single page from my Kindle's web application.
Apparently there is a way to copy and paste text from Kindle but it is rather fiddly and can be used for personal purposes only:

_Copy-Paste Text from Kindle Books to a Word Document – Help Center
_How to Read Mobile Phone Text Messages Online

I found an easier way to copy and paste from Kindle: apart from the actual Kindle device every book and PDF can be read on a mobile or laptop application and unlike the device, it is possible to copy and paste text easily from the apps. If I need to quote a Kindle book, I open it in a desktop or mobile application and just paste it into Word, Notepad or directly here on the forum. It works the same way as copying from any other document and the CTRL+C/V shortcuts work in Kindle apps too.

Each copied text will automatically have the name of the author, title, page and publisher indicated at the end of the pasted section, which I presume is Amazon's way to comply with copyrights. For example, here's a random text copied from Shahak's book which I happen to have open on my desktop Kindle app:

The persistent attitudes of classical Judaism toward non-Jews strongly influence its followers, Orthodox Jews and those who can be regarded as its continuators, zionists. Through the latter it also influences the policies of the State of Israel. Since 1967, as Israel becomes more and more ‘Jewish’, so its policies are influenced more by Jewish ideological considerations than by those of a coldly conceived imperial interest.

Shahak, Israel. Jewish History, Jewish Religion: The Weight of Three Thousand Years (Get Political Book 5) (p. 119). Pluto Press. Kindle Edition.

hlat

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
While Miss Manners Minds Your Business is not the exact recommended book, I enjoyed it as it validated my division of work life from personal life and my disdain of forced financial contributions for office gifts and meals.

Top Bottom