Richard Dolan

Another example of 'disclosure' becoming more mainstream: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20101009_At_Pa__conference__UFOs_are_no_alien_concept.html

At Philadelpia conference, UFOs are no alien concept

By Melissa Dribben
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Karyn Dolan couldn't have been more pleased to be addressing a room full of like-minded believers.

"I love going to conferences," she told the nearly 200 people who had gathered Saturday morning in a meeting room of the Sheraton Hotel in Langhorne to hear her presentation: "UFOlogy vs. Paranormal Research, Completely Different or Two Sides of the Same Coin?"

"Nobody rolls their eyes at me," she said. "Nobody thinks I'm crazy."

The audience murmured and nodded in solidarity.

To be a member of MUFON, the Mutual UFO Network, or to attend one of the conferences like this one that the nonprofit group sponsors every few months, is to know the sting of ridicule.

"A lot of people do believe in UFOs and ghosts but don't want to admit it," said Dolan, host of Through the Keyhole, a weekly radio talk show also available via the Internet.

A healthy agnosticism she understands. But she is tired of all the behind-her-back whispering that she's half a bubble off plumb. Whenever she hears a news report about a sighting, she said, "it is always accompanied with a chuckle. It really annoys me."

Addressing one of the themes of the daylong conference, she spoke of the impossible standards that nonbelievers (otherwise known as debunkers and pseudo-skeptics) set for evaluating the evidence of otherworldly phenomena.

Decades of research have produced solid proof in the form of soil samples and radar disruptions, photographs and corroborated first-person accounts, Dolan said, yet the public continues to ignore reality.

"They will look at a sharp photo and say it's a fake," she said. "Then they'll look at a blurry photo and say it's not a good one. Eyewitnesses are generally ignored, despite their validity in criminal cases."

Nevermind, said John Ventre, state director for MUFON. The truth will make itself known.

"We're getting closer to disclosure," he said, referring to the commonly held belief among members that the U.S. government is concealing the facts and perhaps the physical evidence about extraterrestrial contact.

"Other than a sitting president coming forward and saying this is a real phenomenon, I don't know what else we can do."

Other than hold conferences in which the open-minded can share their knowledge and help spread the word in the hope that eventually the scales will tip, the public will apply pressure, and the secrets will at last be shared.

"You'd be surprised at the people who come to these conferences," said Debbie Dudzinski, 56, an accountant from Valley Forge. "They're not your stereotypical alien freaks."

This was Dudzinski's third UFO conference, she said, and although her family members would never come along, "they don't hold it against me."

She has explained to them that for centuries, even millennia, people have been reluctant to believe visionary thinkers.

"I always thought how Einstein and Galileo were considered 'out there' in their time, then later proven to be correct," she said. "Some things can't be explained, and that's the interesting part."

The morning session covered a wide range of topics: If you are abducted by aliens, should you pray to Jesus as some have suggested, or does that constitute a Christian-centric bias? Has the mutual suspicion among UFO researchers and those who believe in ghosts, spirits, faeries, and/or demons impeded progress in both fields?

And what is the truth behind the case of Betty and Barney Hill, abducted in September 1961 under a waxing gibbous moon in the White Mountains of New Hampshire?

"A lot of us believe that the more research you do, the more documented proof you collect, the sooner we'll have disclosure," said Bob Gardner, chief investigator for MUFON in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Delaware.

Gardner, 43, lives in Northeast Philadelphia and works as an usher supervisor for the Eagles. He became a UFO investigator in 2008 after studying the MUFON manual and passing a test. To qualify, he said, candidates must understand basic scientific principles, soil analysis, and wind currents.

Of the dozens of UFO sightings he looks into every year, Gardner said, about 20 percent are legitimate. The rest, he said, are unfounded. People misconstrue meteors or satellites, dry lightning, or merely figments of their imagination.

Reports of UFO sightings in China have resulted in eight airport closures recently. Speculation about the source of the strange light points to missiles, strobes reflecting off the side of a plane, or illuminated kites, although alien spaceships have not been ruled out.

"You've just got to open your mind," Gardner said.

Few of those in attendance were willing to identify their place of employment for fear that their bosses would reprimand them. Management, said MUFON's Ventre, is concerned that any association with UFOs or the paranormal will tarnish the reputation of a serious business.

Unlike festivals where you can buy blow-up alien dolls and enter foil-hat-making contests, this conference had gravitas. Still, it attracted the inevitable share of odd ducks.

"Do you know anyone who can test these?" one man asked, opening his palm to reveal three pinkish nuggets.

"These are not from Earth. They are harder than diamonds. I shattered a Craftsman hammer on this."

He crouched and placed one on the floor.

"And they balance. Look."

The nugget fell over. After several attempts, he twisted it like a top.

"When they spin they look like liquid."

Not wanting to insult the man, a UFO investigator pretended to be impressed.

"I don't believe a word he said," the investigator whispered later. "You get all kinds of people."

Something is definitely up, and I think they are up to no good:

UK schools doing UFO crash drills
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/216343-UK-schools-doing-UFO-crash-drills

Yeah, my ears have been perked up for about a week now. I can't seem to help feeling that this won't only include the ufo disclosure issue though. :( I guess we'll see.

New article by Rich: http://www.afterdisclosure.com/2010/10/bluebeam.html

Not sure if this fits under this category but seeing as how today/tonight is supposed to be the launch of the bluebeam project, I found this interesting:

Paranormal Activity 2 Sponsors a Global Paranormal Experiment
Posted By : Deth_Banger, Tuesday Oct,12

We received an email today regarding what could be the largest global investigation into paranormal activity ever and you can be involved. Well Paranormal Activity 2 is sponsoring this event titled Paranormal Surveillance and encourages people who believe there is some form of paranormal activity occurring, in your home, workplace, garden shed, anywhere.

As Long as you have a web cam and Internet access, your in! The main surveillance begins tomorrow at midnight October 13, 2010. 00:00 - 06:00.

This all sounds a little confusing, but what you do is you will stream footage live from where ever you have placed your web cam and then your footage will be analysed over night and then republished to the individuals in the morning.

If anything strange is found it will be uploaded to the site for others to view and discuss. This project is huge, the experiment will be using 60 Twitter enabled EMF readers sent to 10 different countries around the world.

Now I'm a novice in all this paranormal equipment and not sure how it really works, but for more information and full instructions on how you can take part, head on over to Paranormal Surveillance.

It will be interesting to see if anyone has any activity but I can also see that a lot of the web cam footage will have to be filtered as there are some people in this world that will abuse the rules and show inappropriate material, but who knows how this will turn out.

So have you ever experienced any paranormal activity? Would you be willing to show the world your home?
_http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_19236.html
also

_http://poststar.com/news/local/article_0667ee2c-d67e-11df-ba01-001cc4c03286.html

Should be interesting.

Well, I'm using today as an excuse to look out the window for most of my time at work :) (Not that I needed an excuse any other day). I know the date was "tentative", and it could be -any- day in October...I'm probably not going to be exceedingly productive this month :)

hehe, all of this is interesting. i found a link to this prediction, got excited/scared, rushed to this forum, and promptly found laura's link to dolan's article. and was immediately defused. thank goodness for the internet, this site, and dolan :)

lord jim said:
hehe, all of this is interesting. i found a link to this prediction, got excited/scared, rushed to this forum, and promptly found laura's link to dolan's article. and was immediately defused. thank goodness for the internet, this site, and dolan :)

One, if not the main reason why networking is so important. Imagine those who heard about the "prediction" and have no one to help make sense of it or put it into perspective? This is happening in little ways everyday. We act as the lighthouse for those seeking their way through the darkness. :)

Re: Richard Dolan on Magick Mind Radio - Aug 14, 2006

Laura said:
I noticed that Rich Dolan has announced that his new book is done and people can "pre-order". He also, once again, made mention of the co-author of this book "Bryce Zabel." Well, I hadn't really wondered too much about it before, but I decided to look and see who this guy is (I initially thought he was just some UFO researcher who was into "disclosure"). So, I had a look and found out that the guy is a pretty well-established member of the MSM. Doesn't mean he can't be a nice and honest guy, but the possibility for that being so is not good. Have a look and tell me what ya'll think:

Apparently Dolan is not the only one being targeted for vectoring:

Bryce Zabel:
As I write this -- in the summer of 2010 -- more people than ever before believe that unidentified flying objects are physical, structural craft from somewhere that isn’t here.

I’ve worked on several UFO projects before, like Dark Skies, Taken and Official Denial. I keep coming back to this subject because there’s an underlying truth to it and the best accounts make for global stories that international audiences will embrace when done well.

So, for over a year now, I’ve been working to identify and option some of the most compelling, current books I’ve seen on the subject. I’ve picked six of them, and even written one of my own, with an eye toward developing them across multi-media platforms in order to tell this out-of-this-world story through the eyes of down-to-Earth people. These are the book properties under option:

1. •UFOs and the National Security State, 1991-2012 by Richard M. Dolan (2012)
2. •A.D. After Disclosure: The People’s Guide to Life After Contact by Richard M. Dolan & Bryce Zabel (Publish Date: September 23, 2010)
3. •Witness to Roswell by Donald Schmitt & Thomas Carey (Updated, 2009)
4. •UFOs and the National Security State, 1973-1991 by Richard M. Dolan (2009)
5. •Captured! by Stanton T. Friedman and Kathleen Marden (2007)
6. •Top Secret/Majic by Stanton T. Friedman (Revised, 2005)
7. •UFOs and the National Security State, 1941-1973 by Richard M. Dolan (2002)

Each of these books is tied into development of specific projects, some of which are combined or used as springboards. Thanks, and watch the skies!
_http://www.ufosoverhollywood.com/

Since Dolan and Friedman are probably the most well-known and credible of all serious UFO researchers, it looks like Zabel has been assigned the task of neutering/vectoring their excellent research into propagandized pablum for the masses.

As to Zabel's loyalties, I think we need look no further than his unabashed and thorough endorsement of the official 9/11 myth, referring here to “bullshit-crackpot theories about how the U-S government attacked itself:” _http://www.moviesmackdown.com/2008/09/united-93--vs-.html

Referring to Oliver Stone's "World Trade Center" movie, Zabel says it uncharacteristically has "no crazy conspiracy theory at its core," a back-handed slap at Stone's "JFK," a ground-breaking achievement for those who care about truth and the movie that was my first big wake-up call.

Apparently, the opportunity to get his work on TV was just too enticing a notion for Dolan to resist and was apparently the "carrot" that Zabel used to obtain Dolan's collaboration on their "After Disclosure" book project. :(

Re: Richard Dolan on Magick Mind Radio - Aug 14, 2006

rawtruth said:
Apparently Dolan is not the only one being targeted for vectoring:

Bryce Zabel:
So, for over a year now, I’ve been working to identify and option some of the most compelling, current books I’ve seen on the subject. I’ve picked six of them, and even written one of my own, with an eye toward developing them across multi-media platforms in order to tell this out-of-this-world story through the eyes of down-to-Earth people. These are the book properties under option:

1. •UFOs and the National Security State, 1991-2012 by Richard M. Dolan (2012) 2. •A.D. After Disclosure: The People’s Guide to Life After Contact by Richard M. Dolan & Bryce Zabel (Publish Date: September 23, 2010)
3. •Witness to Roswell by Donald Schmitt & Thomas Carey (Updated, 2009)
4. •UFOs and the National Security State, 1973-1991 by Richard M. Dolan (2009)
5. •Captured! by Stanton T. Friedman and Kathleen Marden (2007)
6. •Top Secret/Majic by Stanton T. Friedman (Revised, 2005)
7. •UFOs and the National Security State, 1941-1973 by Richard M. Dolan (2002)

Each of these books is tied into development of specific projects, some of which are combined or used as springboards. Thanks, and watch the skies!

The first one is not even written and published that it is already a most compelling.... :jawdrop: :huh:

Newest article by Richard Dolan:
http://www.afterdisclosure.com/2010/10/critical-thinking.html

Facts Still Matter (More Than Ever)
Critical Thinking About UFOs in the Social Media Age

Among the “UFO crowd” these days, it's the trend to disparage the collection and investigation of UFO reports themselves. We live in the age of Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, smart phones, and instant information. Why, then, bother to interview witness after witness to ask the same old tired questions just to prove they saw something unusual: “if you held out your fingers at arm’s length, how large would the object have been?”

Besides, we already know UFOs are real, right? So why bother meticulously going over old news? Let’s move on to more interesting issues, like the ET agenda, figuring out the cover-up, or the coming New World Order.

In fact, I do spend a good portion of my time on those very issues. But there is a danger in forgetting the importance of the nuts and bolts, so to speak, of the field.

The recent spate of interest in Project Blue Beam has got me thinking about this. The Blue Beam meme, which had percolated at a low level for over a decade, morphed in the last week into a viral campaign that basically scared the living shit out of quite a few people.

Facts Still Matter

Spreading fear has become so easy. After all, we have Facebook, that addictive purveyor of friendships, online games, and rumors of all stripes. Any and all claims can be copied and pasted and posted and commented and liked to our collective heart’s content. If it's not a fast enough blast, there's always Tweeting.

In the ramp-up to Blue Beam’s supposed arrival, we were treated to a barrage of YouTube links (mostly via Facebook), which featured one particular person warning us to be prepared for the Great Event. No need to go into details and bring more unwarranted attention to these people. They are always around, always willing and able to invent all manner of claims – and there are always people willing to believe what they say.

Say anything you want, don’t worry about supporting your statements with facts or actual research, and then spew out your message. It’s curious and a bit disturbing, that these people believe they actually are doing real research. In truth, most of them have no idea what real research is. Research is hard, it is specific, it takes time.

Research is not “I heard this from a friend of mine who heard this from a scientist in Russia.” Research is not “it’s obvious -- look it up, I’ve given you all the facts.” Research is not “it’s on the sites of Alex Jones and David Icke.”

Talk is cheap. Literally, it’s free. It costs nothing, nothing at all, to make a claim. My dad, a retired police officer, has always framed the issue with the forthright statement that “money talks, bullshit walks.”

It’s true. If you have something to say, back it up. Really back it up. Otherwise, please take a walk.

The problem is that wild, unsupported claims can and do spread so much more easily today than they could twenty years ago. Today, claims and videos and even conversations can go viral. Not everyone believes these things, but over the past week, several people personally expressed their own fears to me that, just maybe, there really might be a major event that would disrupt and wreck everything in their lives. Maybe, they wondered, that all these rumors had some truth in them.

Now, we do live in dangerous, tumultuous times. I happen to think that there are great challenges and difficulties ahead for us. Of course, we must keep in mind that this has always been the lot of humanity, and we have faced many catastrophes in our history. In order to be ready for any future difficulties, we need genuine information, not rumor. We need to be able to discern actual facts from groundless claims and general grandstanding.

For any of these rumors, any of these endless series of predictions that clog our pages and cloud our cognition, we all have several solutions at our disposal.

The most important thing is to remember to ask some basic questions: What is the source of the claim? What is the nature of the evidence? Is it possible to fake the evidence? Does the purveyor of the information appear to have a particular axe to grind -- a particular viewpoint to promote? What is the structure of the argument? How strong is the logic? Are there any missing pieces to the argument? Are there any unstated assumptions that might be affecting the person’s viewpoint? Is there a prior history of such a claim being made? Are there any refutations out there, and if so how strong are the refutations?

We all have the ability to ask these questions. As we ask them, again and again, we become better at answering them.

Especially because this is not only the Age of Facebook, but the Age of YouTube, traditional investigation has shown itself to be not some vestige of long ago days, but more important than ever. None of us can be everywhere all the time, and not even the web can give us instant answers to many of the questions we will ask. For it’s one thing to post a video to YouTube. Anyone can do that with full anonymity. Many people are reasonably capable at creating fake UFO videos; a few are really good at it.

On October 13th, the day of the Blue Beam non-event, we learned that the people of downtown Manhattan were treated to a UFO display. It even made the local news and appears to have been very interesting. Some people claimed that the objects high in the sky were balloons, one person said it was a group of parasails, others wondered if they were real UFOs, and a few immediately claimed this was part of Blue Beam (to which I would say, if THAT was the Blue Beam event, then we have little to worry about).

Then, we find that a local elementary school apologized and said the display were escaped balloons from their teacher's engagement party.

If you want to know how many UFO reports there are every year, a good place to start is the National UFO Reporting Center. For the Year 2009, a total of 4,767 reports were posted, which translates to more than 13 per day. This year, statistics are available through the end of August (2,749 so far), giving the slightly lower rate of about 11 per day. Of course, most of these are never thoroughly investigated.

The point is, if you want to predict a UFO sighting to occur on any day -- any day whatsoever -- you will be (drumroll please......) correct!

What is needed to investigate these events – as it has always been – are people willing to go to the scene, talk to witnesses, check with aviation authorities, collect evidence, and prepare an analysis. This takes time, always time. Doing it right does not coincide with the demands of instant gratification, and cannot allow one to keep pace with the frenzy of a viral event on the web. But there is no other way to do it right.

Which takes me to my final point on all this. Predictions, I think, have become the bane of not simply UFO culture, but alternative culture in general. Since no one seems to enjoy happy predictions, it’s only the scary ones that ever gain much traction. Again, I am not saying bad things can’t and won’t happen. But we need to keep a rational head when confronting these claims.

So, the next time you are encountering the End of the World:

* Take a slow, deep breath.
* Read or listen carefully – and critically.
* Make sure you are receiving actual evidence.
* Be skeptical.
* Be slow – not fast – to react.

If you are one of those people who just can’t live unless you repost someone else’s crazy talk, THINK carefully about what you are doing. You do not need to be part of the problem. You really don’t.

Finally, remember that you have the powers of reason in that brain of yours. You can use it.

I just love it when people are emotionally driven to appeal to cherry-picked reason and facts.

It's interesting that Dolan can appeal for authentic research while glossing over the work of Vallee and Keel, where the research was rigorous and included everything that accompanied the phenomenon.

It seems that they're trying to get on the John Stewart show.

_http://www.afterdisclosure.com/2010/11/stewart-colbert-vote.html

Spiral Out said:
Newest article by Richard Dolan:
http://www.afterdisclosure.com/2010/10/critical-thinking.html
{snip}

Well, Dolan has done a lot of hard work in the 'UFO' field for years and I'm kinda getting the impression that he's getting a bit huffy over all the attention the 'B.S.' gets, as compared to his work.

But who is to blame for "all that"?

In the '80s and '90s I read about reported sightings and saw pictures and video and I wasn't the only one who was getting tired of it all. Tired of never seeing any physical evidence or any pics or video that could show a clearly distinguishable object despite the technological wizardry and sophistication of cameras and video equipment.

It was the "Ultra-Terrestrial" perspective that made the subject interesting again and that's what the social reality or conventional perception needs more of, OSIT.

If Dolan had come to me with his stuff then, I would have told him to take a hike until he could come up with something else. The problem would not have been that I doubted him; but, to put it bluntly, the only thing I could think to do with the info is to have some fun with it and 'push it around' the social circles the way everyone else did (and still does) as just one method of relating to others, such as what's happening on the social networking sites today, OSIT.

Back
Top Bottom