Role of Crypto/Cybercurrencies in the PTB's loss of control?

Simple question: what if TPB make having a crypto wallet on our smartphones the unique way of paying for goods and services? I feel like this is very close on their agenda and I've been thinking and acting in preparation for dropping my dependency on money for survival things. And at times I doubt and think it's only relevant that I stay alive even if it means having a hard dependency on a device that is used in the agenda for control and world domination.

Simple question: what if TPB make having a crypto wallet on our smartphones the unique way of paying for goods and services? I feel like this is very close on their agenda and I've been thinking and acting in preparation for dropping my dependency on money for survival things.

I think you need to distinguish between cryptocurrencies (like BTC or ETH) and CBDCs (Central Bank Digital Currencies). Both are ‘digital’ and both are hosted on blockchains. But they are fundamentally different - cryptos are decentralized and the validation on the blockchain happens by consensus. CBDCs are ‘hosted’ on a blockchain (maybe?), but they are ‘managed’ by central banks. So there is virtually no difference between fiat money (currency as we have them now) and CBDCs - except that CBDCs are way easier to control and manipulate, or even totally switch off.

I don’t think cryptos proper will ever be a major means of transaction … ever. Their purpose in my view is to prepare the ground in the minds of the populace to better accept CBDCs, the ultimate form of financial control and enslavement.

Read the fine print on your user agreement. You are not a depositor but a creditor of the "bank" and likely low on the totem pole at that.

More than $4B in cryptocurrencies that were deposited in so-called “Earn Accounts” of bankrupt crypto lender Celsius do not belong to the customers that made those deposits, Chief US Bankruptcy Judge Martin Glenn ruled Wednesday.

Instead, those assets now belong to Celsius’ estate, according to the ruling.

There were 600,000 Earn accounts on Celsius worth an estimated $4.2B as of July 10, 2022, according to court documents.

According to Celsius’ terms of use, the company held “all right and title to such Eligible Digital Assets, including ownership rights.” Judge Glenn argues those terms – which the overwhelming majority of Earn customers agreed to – mean that the crypto they deposited in their Earn accounts became Celsius’ property, not theirs.

Their purpose in my view is to prepare the ground in the minds of the populace to better accept CBDCs, the ultimate form of financial control and enslavement.
Yes, how shall we protect ourselves? Am I lacking faith in some way for wanting to build up my ability to refuse using CBDCs if they end up being the only means of payment? Which seems to mean to begin creating a garden productive enough for bartering and for not having to buy veggies from the store using CBDC. Plus withdrawing all money and closing bank accounts?

Today I received several crypto newsletters, all of which are pushing people to buy - big time.
This is what I think will happen:
  1. Economic troubles increase
  2. Crypto will again shoot up
  3. Oops, the economy is 'broken'...
  4. Crypto will climb even more
  5. Oops! Cryptos are 'broken' - massive plunge (very much like Dotcom bubble bursting)
  6. Gov't steps in with CBDCs or some 'quasi-crypto 2.0' to Save the Day®
That's a hunch, but keep in mind that it was my hunch for awhile now and it's quite strong. As I have learned more and more about cryptos, the hunch has been strengthened - not weakened. Most of the time, when I have a hunch like this, I ignore it at my peril. Well, whatever, right? I could be wrong.

Plus, Other Events May Intervene, but given how everything else is going these days, I really don't see cryptos as they exist today 'taking over' or defeating centrally-controlled fiat currencies.

Cryptos are a game, like most things in this world.

Things to be careful of:
  1. Can you get your money out?
    Do not assume that you won't need your fiat account. IMO it's likely that you will, even if fiat changes shape over time - especially if fiat changes...
  2. Beware soft wallets
    If they're hacked, you lose everything
  3. Beware hardware wallets
    Depending on how you use them, you may get screwed. For example, using a Trezor with Exodus is a bad idea since Exodus imposes trading limits and often-ridiculous transaction fees. Using ANY exchange is risky. Many appear to be legit and have lovely fancy-sounding names, but have only been around for a few years. They aren't in it to make you rich...
  4. Don't assume everything will become crypto-ified
    That's what you're supposed to think, so don't.
  5. Hysteria
    If you're one of the people talking non-stop about how cryptos will fix everything and be super-awesome, consider that you drank the KoolAid - or at least act as if you have, and make sure you cover your rear end.
  6. Basic needs come first
    In the event of Total Chaos, you die without food, water, and shelter. Imagine a scenario where you are a 'Bitcoin Billionaire' on digital paper, but you're slowly starving or freezing to death... Oops! Crazier things have happened.
FWIW. I will be extremely happy (and wealthier) if I'm wrong, but alas...

Seems that most of this is coming to pass…

It appears too that Stellar (XML) and Ripple (XRP) are becoming the foundation of Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) with the new ISO 20022 code. ISO, or International Standards Organization, is the authority to which most trade data standards must comply.

However, I question how much decentralization built into XML and XRP will be taken into account with the centralization of CBDCs? Could it even have a positive component to it?

I don’t think cryptos proper will ever be a major means of transaction … ever.
When fiat currencies start breaking down, there won't be many alternatives for long-range transactions.

I agree that it is unlikely that decentralized cryptocurrencies will be used much “officially“, but I do think that they will co-exist with whatever new national currencies will be created - whether gold-backed, CBDCs or just fiat again.

El Salvador is already using Bitcoin as an official form of payment and seems to be doing well, despite the fallen crypto prices. There were quite a few countries that considered doing the same.

How are people going to get their money out?

SWIFT payments network access cut to crypto exchanges
Exclusive: SWIFT payments network access cut to crypto exchanges
By Henry Chia On Jan 21, 2023

An extraordinary decision involving the global SWIFT payments network could have widespread implications on cryptocurrencies.

Asia Markets can reveal banks, including New York’s Signature Bank, will no longer process fiat currency transfers to cryptocurrency exchanges with a value of less than US$100,000 via the SWIFT network, effective from February 1, 2023.

The move will thwart cryptocurrency access to potentially thousands of customers.

One of the first crypto giants to notify users of the development this weekend, has been the world’s largest exchange, Binance.

“The banking partner that services your account has advised that they are no longer able to process SWIFT fiat (USD) transaction for individuals of less than $100,000 USD as of February 1, 2023. This is the case for all their crypto exchange clients,” said Binance.

“Please be advised that until we are able to find an alternative solution, you may not be able to use your bank account to buy and sell crypto with USD via SWIFT with a value of less than $100,000 USD.”

UPDATE: Statement from Binance
In a statement to Asia Markets, Binance has confirmed at this stage it will only be Signature Bank customers affected by the move.

Here’s the statement:

“One of our fiat banking partners, Signature Bank, has advised that it will no longer support any of its crypto exchange customers with buying and selling amounts of less than $100,000 USD as of February 1, 2023. This is the case for all of their crypto exchange clients.

“As a result, some individual users many not be able to use SWIFT bank transfers to buy or sell crypto with/for USD for amounts less than 100,000 USD.”

Signature Bank announced last week that it was in the process of reducing its exposure to cryptocurrencies.

Growing concerns about limiting access to crypto
Although SWIFT (an acronym for the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) is the world’s most critical financial network – facilitating trillions worth of international money settlements daily – it is a somewhat secretive Belgian-based cooperative.

SWIFT was in the headlines following the outbreak of war in Ukraine last year, when the United States and its allies cut off Russia from the network.

Such was the significance of cutting off Russia from the world’s most important financial network, the French finance minister described the move as a “financial nuclear option”.

Why banks involved in preventing SWIFT transfers have moved to unleash would could potential become a ‘cryptocurrency nuclear option’ for millions who don’t have the US$100,000 minimum, currently remains a mystery.

One theory, however, is that it could be a primer to Central Bank Digital Currencies, with Europe’s ECB set to begin testing a digital currency this year, with a full rollout mooted by 2026.

In a recent Capitalist Exploits Insider newsletter by Hedge Fund veteran, Chris MacIntosh, a summary of restrictions that have been proposed by the ECB on digital currency movements was provided.

We note the ideas in the screenshot below are only proposals by the ECB and its members. None have been formalised.

“I’d say bugger all chance they manage to get this implemented worldwide. The world is bifurcating fast as we promised, and with this split comes competition. We are in a war where it’s being fought on all fronts, one of those being finance,” said MacIntosh in the note to subscribers.

“The fact is we’ve a world working towards more decentralisation (folks moving out of cities, for example), secessionist movements globally, and not to mention blockchain technology and various other decentralised networks. This is all taking place while Davos man is attempting to coral us into ‘smart cities’, digital currencies, and so forth.”

More can read from Chris MacIntosh on this topic in the Capitalist Exploits Insider newsletter here.

So there is guy who has been posting quite a lot of info online (reddit and Godlikeproductions). He has some interesting views. A lot of what he states corresponds in a way with the C's. I'll probably dedicate a more extensive post on his views, cause I think it could be worth discussing here.

Anyway, like it sometimes happens on message boards, certain readers of his writings ask him question. There was one kinda obnoxious guy who wanted to know about crypto, because he thought it would or would be Earths (or the Universe's) salvation.

His reaction is on crypto is as follows:

If I answer your question do you promise to stop annoying me about it?

You probably can't figure this out because its branched out in many different directions and it covers subjects I don't really want to share here.

First off, do you know what is actually happening when mining for cryptocurrency? Or are you just jumping on the latest fad, and believing the hype?

To begin with cryptocurrency was not made to challenge the system, it was created to keep those within the system from actually trying to combat black market and mafia activities from being able to track the cash to solve crimes. It easily removed the requirement of having to figure out how to clean their money.

I won't go into what letter agency is behind it, but it was created by one of the letter agencies that is also highly involved with controlling the worlds black market activities, such as the drug trade and human trafficking.

Now in order to get the world wide surveillance and AI systems up and running they needed lots of computing power. So the dark masters of the world created an incentive program to get people to lend their personal computers and other devices into the creation of the AI control mechanisms in exchange for a digital currency.

The original purpose of crypto mining was to give the NWO order enough processing power for its AI systems to run surveillance on everything and run its massive AI programs that are determining the steps of the completion of the NWO.

At the same time, its also creating a trust for a digital currency among the general public, which will make it much easier for them to roll out their world wide digital currency.

If you are participating in cryptocurrency, especially if you mine for it, you are providing the tools not just for human trafficking and other black market organizations to exist, but also the development of the very control systems that will soon enslave you.

The 3-letter agency does not come as a surprise and totally aligns with my views (and I think most people here as well). The part of preparing the world for a digital currency neither. But his take on the mining is quite astonishinf.

I do find it quite hard to believe the PTB would not have enough computer capacit. Even 10 years ago. But I'm curious what you'll think of this hypothesis

So there is guy who has been posting quite a lot of info online (reddit and Godlikeproductions). He has some interesting views. A lot of what he states corresponds in a way with the C's. I'll probably dedicate a more extensive post on his views, cause I think it could be worth discussing here.
You may want to search for Godlikeproductions here on the forum. You will find many posts about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to search for Godlikeproductions here on the forum. You will find many posts about it.
Can't seem to go there, I guess a limited access subforum? I can imagine what the general opinion is about GLP. I have my reservations too, and do believe this is a place that is heavily censored by PTB. Same goes for reddit. But every now and then some genuine interesting topics emerge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't seem to go there, I guess a limited access subforum? I can imagine what the general opinion is about GLP. I have my reservations too, and do believe this is a place that is heavily censored by PTB. Same goes for reddit. But every now and then some genuine interesting topics emerge.

Check out this thread. There is also this article.

There's a new project closely tied with the "crypto world" called nostr protocol. It basically defines an authenticated message relay protocol, that is very simple in design and aims for inability to censor via federation.

In a nutshell, authenticated messages are transmitted via numerous relay servers that basically anyone can host. This means that if for ex. Alex Jones will be banned from posting on hypothetical relay.google.com, he can host the relay himself, or even post in a fan-out manner to tens of other relays (by default users are connecting to multiple relays at the same time); some of them will reject his posts, some of them not, so the net result will be that his messages will be reaching the audience in spite of censors.

Currently, the community has created a few clients for the protocol that resemble Twitter, with added support for BitCoin Lightining tips for posters, which adds an incentive for participation in the network. I wasn't too convinced at first, because federated protocols are very prone to big-tech takeovers (like SMTP), but it works surprisingly well. Since it originates from the "crypto world", the community isn't left-leaning as one could expect from tech projects.

The best client applications that I've found are Damus (iPhone, iPad, Apple Silicon Macs):
Amethyst (Android):

Here’s why Bitcoiners are flocking to Nostr, a social network supported by Jack Dorsey and Edward Snowden​

As illustrated by Elon Musk’s alleged demands for engineers to improve engagement on his tweets, there is a persistent issue with the centralized power held by the companies behind giant social media platforms. Meanwhile, more decentralized alternatives to Twitter or Facebook, such as Mastodon and Nostr, are emerging and providing users with greater control over their posts and personal data. Recently, Nostr in particular has become popular among Bitcoin users and has drawn support from prominent individuals including Twitter co-founder and longtime CEO Jack Dorsey and NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.

But what are the odds Nostr will grow beyond its current, niche user base of devout Bitcoin supporters? Fortune reached out to Dorsey, pseudonymous Nostr creator Fiatjaf, and others to find out more about how the platform works, the issues associated with current social networks, and whether this can be more than a passing fad.

So, what makes Nostr so special? “For me, it’s the simplicity, openness, and speed of development,” Dorsey told Fortune via Nostr direct messaging. “It’s not just about building a social media service, but rather to add resilience and resistance to a multitude of use cases and services. The focus now is on client and social, but the real power is going to be the microapps people build on this and how they seamlessly work together. I don’t see similar projects going after that goal.”

Nostr stands for Notes and Other Stuff Transmitted by Relays, and it’s a single platform for the creation of many decentralized social networking apps. Instead of having separate login details for the likes of Instagram, Twitter, Telegram, and other applications, Nostr users are able to log into decentralized alternatives of these sorts of applications with a single set of credentials and not have to worry about their account getting banned or content being censored. That said, the most popular Nostr apps today (e.g. Damus, Astral, Iris, and Snort) feel extremely similar to Twitter. Notably, Damus became the first Nostr app to get listed on the Apple App Store but was quickly banned in China.

William Casarin, who works on Damus, and Fiatjaf, the original creator of Nostr who received a 14 bitcoin (around $344,000) grant from Dorsey, both pointed to traditional apps being too quick to ban accounts as a key reason for their initial interest in this new social network. Although many notable Twitter accounts have been reinstated since Musk took over the company, there’s nothing preventing the adoption of a future policy that's more restrictive, due to the centralized nature of the platform. “[I was motivated by] people getting deplatformed and the sense that most of the gains made against the established elites with the internet were being counteracted by big tech and governments,” Fiatjaf told Fortune via direct message.

Despite the perceived benefits of Nostr, the key problem new social networks find in terms of competing with the established tech giants comes down to network effects. In other words, the fact that everyone else is already on Facebook or Twitter vastly increases the value of those apps—more users means more content, more connections with others. At the time of this writing, there are roughly 1.1 million total accounts on Nostr, according to one tracker. For comparison, Facebook is approaching 3 billion monthly active users (accounts that login at least once in a month), according to parent company Meta’s most recent earnings report.

In addition to switching costs for users, Nostr also may have technical concerns around account security and the ability to handle a much larger user base while maintaining its ethos of decentralization. Additionally, while it should be noted that it’s still very early days, current apps built on Nostr can be quite error prone.

Nostr has integrated Bitcoin payments, but Fiatjaf said it makes more sense to view the cryptocurrency as an add-on feature rather than an integral part of the platform. This is in contrast to Web3-based social media apps, which often have a heavy focus on the required use of crypto tokens or a blockchain.

“It's not clear to me what Web3 is,” said Fiatjaf. “I see it used to refer to anything ‘crypto,’ i.e., it is a giant scam. But if you're talking about social networks that rely on blockchains, I think these are terrible ideas. And tokens make no sense either. Even if they weren't scammy or perverted all the incentives, they would still be bad as they would add more dependencies and complexity.”

Many of Nostr’s most prominent users were also early adopters of Bitcoin, including Martti Malmi, who was the second developer to work on Bitcoin after the pseudonymous Satoshi Nakamoto. Malmi recently integrated Nostr into his own social media app, Iris, which has led to a massive increase in the number of users for the platform. “I switched to Iris," Malmi added, "because Nostr had basically the same philosophy as Iris and its previous backend but [with a simpler] implementation and bigger community of devs and users.”

According to Malmi, the level of enthusiasm around Nostr is very similar to the early days of Bitcoin with perhaps an even faster speed of development. In terms of how the emerging social network can sustain its current momentum and succeed where past alternatives have failed, Fiatjaf said bluntly: “I have no idea. We probably need a handful of other Jacks.”

Nigerians’ Rejection of Their CBDC Is a Cautionary Tale for Other Countries​

Nigerians are protesting the African country's digital currency and demanding renewed access to paper money, despite government incentives.​

In Nigeria, citizens have taken to the streets to protest the nation’s cash shortage, further objecting to their government’s implementation of a central bank digital currency (CBDC). The shortage came about due to cash restrictions aimed at pushing the country into a 100% cashless economy. Yet, instead of adopting the CBDC, Nigerian protesters are demanding paper money be restored.
The country’s experience strongly suggests the average citizen understands that CBDCs present a substantial risk to financial freedom while providing no unique benefit.
Nicholas Anthony is a policy analyst in the Cato Institute’s Center for Monetary and Financial Alternatives.
It is no secret that CBDCs have been growing in popularity among central bankers, policy makers, and consultancy firms in recent years. Yet, for citizens it’s been another story. When the U.S. Federal Reserve solicited comments on CBDCs, more than two-thirds of the commenterswere concerned about the risks to financial privacy, financial freedom and the stability of the banking system.
Further, CBDCs really don’t add anything novel to the market in terms of benefits for consumers. To the extent people want it, many currencies are available in digital forms through debit cards, payment apps and even prepaid cards. That much should be clear from the abysmal adoption rate in Nigeria, where less than 0.5 % of Nigerians have used the CBDC. To put that number into perspective, more than 50% of Nigerians have used cryptocurrency.

CBDC adoption incentives in Nigeria have failed​

The Nigerian government has unleashed a flurry of tricks to spur adoption but none has proven effective. To its credit, the Nigerian government initially tried to encourage use through modest measures. In August 2022, it removed access restrictions so that bank accounts were no longer required to use the CBDC. Then, in October, it offered discounts if people used the CBDC to pay for cabs.
Yet, neither effort proved to be fruitful. Put simply, Nigerians prefer cash.
Full article 👇

Till the people here and there fight for their rights, there is a hope that PTB plan realization will fall even shorter🙏

Back
Top Bottom