Samozdrav Breathing Device - Inexpensive HBOT Alternative?

I have a sense that buying from this site will not be an option in the near term.
Well, that´s depressing...

I bought mine from Amazon, is that possible for either of you? Ebay?
There is none on Amazon.de :-( I did check i.e. eBay but, IDK, they look fake to me... 🤷‍♀️ ...or maybe I´m overthinking this.... 😅

Otherwise eBay is a good option for ordering from Germany.
In the end, I´ve ordered it now from the site mentioned in the first thread posted here by Ryan:
Interestingly, it has free delivery to Germany! And you can pay with PayPal (among other things). ;-)

In the end, I´ve ordered it now from the site mentioned in the first thread posted here by Ryan:
Interestingly, it has free delivery to Germany! And you can pay with PayPal (among other things). ;-)
I contacted this website following Joe's recommendation , they have excellent service and shipping is free for all EU.

There is none on Amazon.de :-( I did check i.e. eBay but, IDK, they look fake to me... 🤷‍♀️ ...or maybe I´m overthinking this.... 😅

Yes, I ordered from that site as well. Documentation in French, but it is not really needed anyway due to information here and other sites. I received it less than two weeks after ordering.

Mine arrived today shipped from Lettland and bought via eBay. It's a different brand from Russia and comes with a manual in English. Shipping 6 days to Germany.
It's looks exactly the same as the one others posted. But best thing is the name "Cosmic Health'. :cool:
There were shipping costs though so the french option would probably be the better deal.

Attachments

• IMG_20230317_154838065.jpg
    IMG_20230317_154838065.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19

I got mind from there, arrived in a couple of days.

Received my Samozdrav last evening. Started out by testing the 'Breathing Intensity Meter' and was able to fill the bag in 39 seconds which is off the charts, so will test again this weekend first thing in the morning (as instructed) to get a more realistic reading. Started out at 5min on stage one last night and this morning. I felt a mild improvement in breathing shortly after each session. Looking forward to continued use. I have the 1.5 HBOT but I have not had anytime to use it lately so very much glad to have this device on hand to keep the improvements coming!

I've been using it for over a month now, but don't have much to report as of yet.
I also used it for a month, and didn't notice anything, except for breathing better immediately after sessions, as Miracle reported. I had to stop using the Samozdrav for a while and resumed a few days ago. At the same time I have started taking a few supplements that help with blood circulation and cell uptake and oxygenation, and I will see whether that helps against persistent fatigue, shortness of breath and tightness of chest and so on (after Covid?):

So, the Samozdrav can't hurt!

Started out by testing the 'Breathing Intensity Meter' and was able to fill the bag in 39 seconds which is off the charts, so will test again this weekend first thing in the morning (as instructed) to get a more realistic reading.
It makes a big difference doing it first thing in the morning, even before getting out of bed. Even when just resting during the day, it can take only a minute or two to fill the bag, whereas directly after waking up, it can take 4-5 minutes. I think it has to be done before cortisol and adrenalin levels increase after getting up in the morning, as that has a significant effect on the regulation of breathing.

To continue my personal report, I'm now about a week away from beginning Stage 3, and have done 54 days in total. The effect is subtle, but there does seem to be a level of improvement in my breathing overall. Stage 2 adds noticeable extra resistance compared to Stage 1, so I think there will be definite further improvements once I complete Stage 4. After beginning Stage 2, I noticed my average capnometer measurement had increased by 27 seconds, so this device could prove to be a boon for those who suffer from sleep apnea or breathe shallowly during sleep.

The Samozdrav is easy to use, and the exercise can be performed while engaged in other activities; good news for those who like to multitask! I also bought a pulse oximeter (blood oxygen measurement device, you can get one for under $30) and found that my SpO2 would increase from 96-97% up to 99% for about a minute after a session (although not during the session, interestingly). So, it seems there are both short and long term improvements to be gained by using the Samozdrav.

Interesting to read other people's experiences so far as well; thanks everyone who's contributed! I'll post a further update when I begin Stage 4.

I would like to thank Ryan for opening this thread, I had been researching for a while and got the information of this device but I did not dare to buy it because it seemed a bit "mechanical", I must confess that the thread and my shortness of breath motivated me and finally yesterday the Samozdrav arrived from the French site, it took almost a week and everything was fine.
I am glad to have it and I hope to be able to adapt to the use and to be able to report results. Thanks again,👍

There is the following video (in Russian) that I recommend to everyone who would like to learn more about the principle behind Samozrav, its history and other related things. It is in Russian and no subtitles, but there is an auto-translate option. I checked and the translation isn't ideal, but it still understandable.

And this is a summary with time stamps:

01:28 Who are our guests
02:00 What Samozdrav device is based on
05:43 Blood CO2 levels
11:03 Buteyko Method of Surface Breathing
15:07 Why is carbon dioxide so important
17:36 The organ with lots of carbon dioxide
18:55 Hyperventilation of the Lungs
22:05 Why we recommend the Samozdrav machine
25:06 Consequences of Pure Oxygen and Carbogen Breathing
28:30 Principle of operation and design of Samozdrav
33:00 Recommendations for Training with the Device
36:34 Testimonials
42:10 Life Span
46:40 Proper Training Stress
48:18 Curing illnesses with the device
53:55 Rehabilitation after surgery
55:52 The problem with scientists' understanding of physiological processes

Dr. Mark Sircus devotes two chapters to carbon dioxide in his book Sodium Bicarbonate, but I found this article discussing CO2 on his website, which belongs here in this thread IMO :-) .

We need to cut the crap about CO2 and begin to realize that our life and health depend on enough levels of CO2 in the blood and tissues. Carbon dioxide is a nutrient as well as a product of respiration and energy production in the cells and its lack or deficiency is of itself a starting point for different disturbances in the body.

Carbon dioxide has many protective functions including increasing Krebs cycle activity, which is the key to health and the greatest way of avoiding cancer, which happens when Krebs cycle activity slows down in the mitochondria, so fermentation has to make up the difference. Importantly, CO2 also inhibits toxic damage to proteins.

Carbon dioxide is a harmless, colourless, non-toxic, natural gas that is the key link in the carbon cycle of life. In the presence of a large amount of carbon dioxide, the hemoglobin molecule changes its shape slightly in a way that favors the release of oxygen.

Increasing carbon dioxide inhibits lactic acid formation thus helps control systemic acidification, which decreases oxygen utilization. CO2 has been found to lead to the better coordination of oxidation and phosphorylation and increased the phosphorylation velocity in liver mitochondria. Any way we put it CO2 is the key to oxygen, to life, to health.

“The end product of respiration is carbon dioxide, and it is an essential component of the life process. The ability to produce and retain enough carbon dioxide is as important for longevity as the ability to conserve enough heat to allow chemical reactions to occur as needed. Carbon dioxide protects cells in many ways. By bonding to amino groups, it can inhibit the glycation of proteins during oxidative stress, and it can limit the formation of free radicals in the blood; inhibition of xanthine oxidase is one mechanism (Shibata, et al., 1998). It can reduce inflammation caused by endotoxin/LPS, by lowering the formation of tumor necrosis factor, IL-8 and other promoters of inflammation (Shimotakahara, et al., 2008). It protects mitochondria (Lavani, et al., 2007), maintaining (or even increasing) their ability to respire during stress,” writes Dr. Ray Peat.

“The suppression of mitochondrial respiration increases the production of toxic free radicals, and the decreased carbon dioxide makes the proteins more susceptible to attack by free radicals. The presence of carbon dioxide is an indicator of proper mitochondrial respiratory functioning. In every type of tissue, it is the failure to oxidize glucose that produces oxidative stress and cellular damage,” Dr. Peat adds, and then concludes, “A focus on correcting the respiratory defect would be relevant for all diseases and conditions (including heart disease, diabetes, dementia) involving inflammation and inappropriate excitation, not just for cancer. Carbon dioxide has a stabilizing effect on cells, preserving stem cells, limiting stress and preventing loss of function.”
Over the oxygen supply of the body carbon
dioxide spreads its protecting wings.
Friedrich Miescher
Swiss physiologist, 1885

“The German cancer researcher Dr. Paul Gerhard Seeger[1] demonstrated in 1938 that in most cases cancer starts in the cytoplasm, the jelly-like outer part of the cell, and especially in the energy-producing mitochondria. Here food fragments are normally oxidized in a series of enzymatic steps called the ‘respiratory chain’. Seeger showed that in cancer cells this respiratory chain was more or less blocked, especially at the site of the important enzyme cytochrome oxidase. Without it the cell can produce energy only anaerobically like a fungal cell. This is very inefficient, and the resulting overproduction of lactic acid adding even more acidity to usually an already acidic body. In 1957 Seeger also successfully transformed normal cells into cancer cells within a few days by introducing chemicals that blocked the respiratory chain.

Without enough oxygen, the electron transport chain becomes jammed with electrons. Consequently, NAD[2] cannot be produced, thereby causing glycolysis to produce lactic acid instead of pyruvate, which is a necessary component of the Krebs Cycle.

In general, we tend to assume that cancer cells are generating energy using glycolysis rather than mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation, and that the mitochondria were dysfunctional. Advances in research techniques have shown the mitochondria in cancer cells to be at least partially functional across a range of tumour types. However, different tumour populations have different bioenergetic alterations in order to meet their high energy requirement meaning the Warburg effect is not consistent across all cancer types.[3] Cancer does not translate into annihilation of cells mitochondria however it does mean the cell are fermenting because of compromised oxidization.

CO2 has Antioxidant Properties​

Normal arterial levels of CO2 have antioxidant properties. Indeed, a group of Russian microbiologists discovered that "CO2 at a tension close to that observed in the blood (37.0 mm Hg) and high tensions (60 or 146 mm Hg) is a potent inhibitor of generation of the active oxygen forms (free radicals) by the cells and mitochondria of the human and tissues" (Kogan et al, 1997). Dozens of studies have shown that modern "normal subjects" breathe about 12 L/min at rest, while the medical norm is only 6 L/min. As result, blood CO2 levels is less than normal.

As we have seen arterial hypocapnia (CO2 deficiency) causes tissue hypoxia that trigger numerous pathological effects. Cell hypoxia is the main cause of free radical generation and oxidative stress and CO2 deficiency in the blood is one of the main causes of hypoxia (low oxygen).

Having a normal level of CO2 in the lungs and arterial blood (40 mm Hg or about 5.3% at sea level) is imperative for normal health. Do modern people have normal CO2 levels? When reading the table below note that levels of CO2 in the lungs are inversely proportional to minute ventilation rates, in other words, the more air one breaths the lower the level of alveolar CO2.

http://www.smashwords.com/extreader/read/328732/18.4/tmp_a9b7f0200c45361d96a235452d685d58_d67Fwe_html_59f9c10.jpg

Dr. Lynne Eldridge and many others have noted most modern adults breathe much faster (about 15-20 breaths per minute) than what would be considered a healthy respiratory rate. Respiratory rates in cancer and other severely ill patients are usually higher, generally about 20 breaths/min or more. Meaning the general population is driving down oxygen available to cells opening the door to increased incidences of cancer. Heavy metal and chemical toxification of the cells further impede oxygen with nutritional deficiencies are the slam dunk that leads to cancer.

Oxygen availability to cells decreases glucose oxidation, whereas oxygen shortage consumes glucose faster in an attempt to produce ATP via the less efficient anaerobic glycolysis to lactate. This is much of the basis of oxygen therapy in cancer and a full range of other diseases because most chronically ill people, if not all, are having a hard time with both oxygen and its perfectly mated gas, carbon dioxide. In cancer treatment this comes with the bonus of stimulating the immune system’s cancer killer cells.

Perfectly Normal Until it's Cancer​

We can take some lessons from our muscles when they are worked hard. When the body has plenty of oxygen, pyruvate is shuttled to an aerobic pathway to be further broken down for more energy. But when oxygen is limited, the body temporarily converts pyruvate into a substance called lactate, which allows glucose breakdown—and thus energy production—to continue. Even in healthy athletic individuals, when we put the muscles to great challenges oxygen levels fall temporarily showing us what happens in cells when they are oxygen starved.

In cancer the change becomes permanent. Cancer cells will continue with fermentation of glucose and the production of lactate even in the presence of oxygen though some evidence that some cancer cells, especially young cancer cells can be reverted back to normal cells if they can be provided enough oxygen and enough opportunity to detoxify.

Lactic acid in our tissues is a cause of biological problems for many reasons principle among them is the fact that lactic acid displaces carbon dioxide. The main features of stress metabolism include increases of stress hormones, lactate, ammonia, free fatty acids, and fat synthesis, and a decrease in carbon dioxide. Lactic acid in the blood can be taken as a sign of defective respiration, since the breakdown of glucose to lactic acid increases to make up for deficient oxidative energy production.

Glucose can be metabolized into pyruvic acid, which, in the presence of oxygen, can be metabolized into carbon dioxide. Without oxygen, pyruvic acid can be converted into lactic acid. The decrease of carbon dioxide generally accompanies increased lactic acid production.

The ability of lactic acid to displace carbon dioxide is probably involved in its effects on the blood clotting system. It contributes to disseminated intravascular coagulation and consumption coagulopathy, and increases the tendency of red cells to aggregate, forming "blood sludge," and makes red cells more rigid, increasing the viscosity of blood and impairing circulation in the small vessels. (Schmid-Schönbein, 1981; Kobayashi, et al., 2001; Martin, et al., 2002; Yamazaki, et al., 2006.)

Lactate and inflammation promote each other in a vicious cycle (Kawauchi, et al., 2008).

Low thyroid leads to low production of
carbon dioxide and wastage of glucose.
Dr. Ray Peat

Carbon dioxide protects cells in many ways. By bonding to amino groups, it can inhibit the glycation of proteins during oxidative stress, and it can limit the formation of free radicals in the blood; inhibition of xanthine oxidase is one mechanism (Shibata, et al., 1998). It can reduce inflammation caused by endotoxin/LPS, by lowering the formation of tumor necrosis factor, IL-8 and other promoters of inflammation (Shimotakahara, et al., 2008). It protects mitochondria (Lavani, et al., 2007), maintaining (or even increasing) their ability to respire during stress.”

Carbon dioxide has a stabilizing effect on cells, preserving stem cells, limiting stress and preventing loss of function. Carbon dioxide can be used to prevent adhesions during abdominal surgery, and to protect the lungs during mechanical ventilation.

Enough carbon dioxide is important in preventing an exaggerated and maladaptive stress response. A deficiency of carbon dioxide (such as can be produced by hyperventilation, or by the presence of lactic acid in the blood) decreases cellular energy (as ATP and creatine phosphate) and interferes with the synthesis of proteins (including antibodies) and other cellular materials.

Bicarbonate to the Rescue​

https://drsircus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/livro3.jpg Sodium Bicarbonate: Nature's Unique First Aid Remedy

For hundreds or even thousands of years, the therapeutic value of carbonated mineral springs has been known. Baking soda is the wonderful medicine it is because it gives us instant access to more CO2 without exercise and without slowing down our breathing. Either stomach acid or lemon added to bicarbonate turns baking soda instantly into carbon dioxide.
FWIW.

I have been translating the Samozdrav user manual into Spanish to understand it better, since I could not find it on the web, and I have decided to make a pdf version for those who are interested, if there is any error please let me know and I will correct it.

Attachments

• Manual Samodrav ESÑ.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom