Samozdrav Breathing Device - Inexpensive HBOT Alternative?

Ryan

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi All,

Several Forum members (including myself) have purchased Samozdrav devices now, and after discussion in one of the Éirú Eolas sessions, we thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread specifically for information and discussions regarding this device. I've quoted some of the main posts from the HBOT thread concerning this, but if the mods would like to do their magical post reorganisation to move the originals into this thread, the quotes can be deleted.

I had an interesting discussion with my uncle today (kinda my mentor in summary, he's retired biologist)
[..]

2 - Samozdrav ventilator
He bought it a few months before and he's currently in Phase 3. It's a cheap tool that allow you to rectify (usually raise) your CO2 level in one's blood up to normal wich is between 6 to 6,5%. Before he started to use it, he was around 4,5%, and he's now around 5,8% after 2 or 3 months he's doing the protocol (if i well remember)

It's sold in France, it's name is Samozdrav ventilator :

(i posted the post before i finished ... i'm editing to complete, i have 9m left )

There's a small book which is free to download on the page, but it's badly translated from RU to FR, here's the link :
samozdrav-fr.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/FR-Livre-Sortir-impasse-WEB.pdf

I read a good 1/2 of it this last hours.

I searched for the original RU one, or in fact, i found 2 books, but difficult to understand and search using russian alphabet, here are 2 links :
The original book :

One other i found :

In summary, what is the benefit, at least from what i understood is that it help to restore one's level of CO2 in the blood, which enhance its circulation, thus, the oxygenation.
I got the Samozdrav ventilator and read the information about it. Apparently, it was originally developed by Russian scientists and doctors for their cosmonauts. Now it is commercialized for anyone for who needs to improve their health. It does have some contraindications, though. It helps with oxygen utilization in the body, and this is explained by the Bohr effect:

The Bohr effect explains the cell’s oxygen release or why red blood cells unload oxygen in tissues, while carbon dioxide (CO2) is the key player in O2 transport due to vasodilation and the Bohr law. The Bohr law was first described in 1904 by the Danish physiologist Christian Bohr (father of famous physicist Niels Bohr).

What is the Bohr effect in simple terms (for dummies)?​

Bohr effect in healthy people​

The Bohr effect is a normal process in healthy people since healthy people have normal breathing at rest and normal arterial CO2 levels. How does the Bohr law work? As we know, oxygen is transported in the blood by hemoglobin in red blood cells (called “erythrocytes”). How do these red blood cells know where to release more oxygen and where less? Or why do they unload more oxygen at all? Why is O2 released in tissues? The red blood cells sense higher concentrations of CO2 in tissues and release oxygen in such places.
Bohr effect explained: How CO2 helps to release O2

Bohr effect summary. More oxygen is released in those tissues that have higher absolute and/or relative CO2 values. Note that this is true for healthy people who have normal breathing patterns.

More information about the Bohr effect here: Bohr Effect Oxygen Release Explained in 5 Min : Healthy vs. Sick People

Certain breathing exercises like the ones that Patrick McKeown promote (via Mercola, etc) may have the same effects, but the device was designed for older and sick people who might not learn so easily the subtleties of breathing exercises. With the Samozdrav, there's also some oxygen coming in along the CO2, it's not like breathing through a closed bag. There are similar concepts like inhaling carbogen (which consists of oxygen and 10% CO2) after an eye stroke in order to improve blood flow while maintaining the oxygenation of the retina by preventing the oxygen‑induced vasoconstriction.

I find the concept of the Samozdrav useful because if you do certain breathing exercises incorrectly, you can potentially have more harmful effects. The device is designed for a build up training in 4 stages. It also comes with a method to calculate your blood CO2 levels - you are supposed to breathe normally and measure the time it takes you to fill it while your nose is pinched. My CO2 levels are low enough (between 3 and 4).

I tried today and I feel I can breathe better. So I'll keep experimenting and will report back.
I wrote a summary here: Session 10 December 2022

Certain breathing exercises like the ones that Patrick McKeown promote (via Mercola, etc) may have the same effects, but the device was designed for older and sick people who might not learn so easily the subtleties of breathing exercises. With the Samozdrav, there's also some oxygen coming in along the CO2, it's not like breathing through a closed bag. There are similar concepts like inhaling carbogen (which consists of oxygen and 10% CO2) after an eye stroke in order to improve blood flow while maintaining the oxygenation of the retina by preventing the oxygen‑induced vasoconstriction.

I find the concept of the Samozdrav useful because if you do certain breathing exercises incorrectly, you can potentially have more harmful effects. The device is designed for a build up training in 4 stages. It also comes with a method to calculate your blood CO2 levels.

Marketing differs in each country, but the real cost of the device is probably much less. It's a few pieces of carton and plastic designed in a specific way. The French distributor sells it for 60 euros or so.
You can find the instructions for the Samozdrav here:

There are some English videos in their channel:

Those who are undergoing chemotherapy can't do the Samozdrav. Those who had a stroke or heart attack, or had an acute health problem, should wait 3 months from the event before starting.
Ark and I took a week off just to see how it would feel and I was getting tired of getting up early to be in the chamber early every day. Plus, my stomach was giving me fits.

No noticing of losing anything during that week, but I DID feel like I was both more energetic and less energetic at the same time.

When we started back on Monday, my ears had to be conditioned all over again. Very painful on Monday, fine today.

But, in the meantime, Gaby discovered another interesting thing that might work very well in concert with HBOT. It's called Samozdrav breath training device.

https://samozdrav.com/

Here is the users manual for the gadget:
https://samozdrav.com/about-breathing-complex/manual/

Now, the thing is, it is supposed to confer all its benefits without also doing HBOT, so for some of you who can't do HBOT for one reason or another, might want to try this. It's certainly about 100 times cheaper!
I have been using the samozdrav for 9 days now. I was able to notice an amazing improvement in how well I could breathe starting at day 3. I started out at 1 minute and increased by 1 minute each day.

Normally I have issues with allergies that cause asthma and I take medication to keep it in check, but it sometimes takes extra effort to breath in, and I don't even notice it until the effort is no longer needed. I have been doing the hbot semi-regularly and am at about 80 sessions. The biggest improvements I've seen from that have had to do with energy levels, better circulation, and clearer thinking. Which is NOT negligible. I have also noticed that the hbot helped with my ease of breathing to some extent, but not as drastically as I'm getting from the samozdrav. Honestly, my lungs feel like they have been in the sauna and are all warmed up!

The only possible side effect, which may or may not be related, is that I have been having occasional short term headaches for the last couple of days. I'm going to see if I can find out if it's related, but I thought I'd mention it in case someone else gets the same.
If anyone wants one of these thingies but can't get it, we'd be happy to order for you and send it on if you cover the cost of purchase and shipping. PM me if interested.
Hello Andromeda, I rarely get headaches, and with the practice of Samozdrav, especially in the beginning I had "situational" headaches, which went almost unnoticed, as most of my time on the device I am mentally busy reading, seeing the posts on the Forum, petting my cat...

Today I am a month away from the second step, and I have arrived at the practice of one hour a day, half an hour in the morning, and the rest in the evening.
A week ago I had to go back down to half an hour a day due to migraines after the practice, and nausea in the morning (maybe also due to the cold), but indeed an excess of CO2 can lead to headaches.
Our organism really has to adapt as we go along, just like the different campsites at different altitudes for alpinists.

During the half hour of practice, it's often the first few minutes that a small headache arises and ends up disappearing, and towards the end of the half hour, I sometimes feel so good that I'll stay under the mask a little longer.
Whereas when I went from the first stage to the second, before reaching the first half hour, I had nausea during the practice, which I stopped, only to start again the next day, Samozdrav gives you no choice but to be reasonable and listen to your body and its limits!

One thing I have noticed is that since practicing Samozdrav, I have a lot less mucus, now in the morning I have an almost dry cough, and I had to take some NAC to loosen this glue from my lungs.
I keep'on samozdravin'.
In the manual for Zamozdrav, there was:

I stopped reading and looked up the breathing exercises, and here are some points in case anyone else would like to know:

Strelnikova's breathing exercises were developed for singers, but has shown to be helpful for other conditions. This page has images of 12 exercises, which coordinate breath action, (a short inward sniff) with physical movement of a part of the body.
Buteyko breathing exercises were created to improve health. The immediate effect of the exercises are said to be more open airways and improved blood circulation. The webpage of Buteyko Clinic International lists these exercises:

Here are a couple of other English sites: BUTEYKO BREATHING? and There is no health without healthy breathing
On Sciencebasedmedicine one can find an article, that puts the Buteyko techniques down:

But wait a minute, some of these approaches worked well enough to help many people. On that background, the text reads like a recommendation.
Update:

I’m on 10 minutes on level 1 of the samozdrav. I haven’t felt any difference on a day to day basis honestly, however I do feel like it’s easier to breathe and smell the environment (if that makes sense) right after the exercise.

I had 96% blood oxygen before the exercise and it went up to 100% about 25 minutes after. This is probably not scientific since it’s coming from my Apple Watch though but impressive nonetheless.

View attachment 71950

Pro-tip/Note: I would recommend using the mask vs the pipe/straw whatever is called, because saliva starts accumulating in the mouth while breathing. Then an awkward pause has to be made to swallow and not blow saliva down the pipe.
Just tried again before and after the breathing exercise and blood oxigen went from 93% to 99%. Not a scientific test so take it with a grain of salt but still amazing results.

View attachment 71980
Thank you Dredger for this information, and Zak for your testimony.
Yesterday I came to this website by Dr Artour Rakhimov, explaining the science about CO2 and vasodilatation. He says many conditions, diseases can be improved or cured by breathing techniques
He too speaks about the Buteyko:
There's so much information, I haven't yet digested all.

How long did it take yours to arrive? Did you order from ebay?
Yep, I ordered on eBay from the vendor in Belarus and it was shipped on the 19th February, arriving on Monday 6th March, so only two weeks, and ahead of the eBay estimated delivery time.

40FA8737-AECE-4175-9625-3D552F2411D5.jpeg

I started Stage 1 with 10 minutes, average capnometer measurement of 4m 15s, and am up to 14 minutes x 2 sessions per day, as of today.

EE was quite interesting today, as I did a SD session just prior to EE, and definitely felt a more ‘tingly’ sensation around my body afterwards, which I presume was due to increased oxygen uptake as a result of the SD elevating my blood CO2 levels prior to the EE. Looking forward to observing what benefits might be achieved after the full Stage 1 process and then onwards. 👍

I'm on day 18 first phase. Started with 5min then added up 1 min. each day so I'm now at 23 minutes session.
I could also report some slight headaches for 2 days but it may also be due to weather changes in my location and a couple of lousy sleep nights. However, yesterday when my wife unpacked one of those scented candles I could smell it from a couple of meters which was odd for me because my sense of smell was slightly damaged due to the prolonged use of nostril drops I used during times of seasonal allergies. Since I'm suffering from seasonal asthma and milder weather here has pushed vegetation on, I'm hoping that when trees become to full bloom I'm gonna hit at least two full months of using this ventilator and see whether or not are there any improvements.

if the mods would like to do their magical post reorganisation to move the originals into this thread, the quotes can be deleted.

Hi @Ryan

You did a great job in including all the pertinent posts. So I don't think that it will be necessary to reorganise those posts.

Maybe you can add a note in the thread that you found those posts saying that there is a new thread just for that subject.

Thanks for this new thread.

Thanks @Ryan!

Just what I need I believe. My breathing has been off for a long time now. I meditate almost every day and do EE when I find the motivation. I think this device can be of help. I just ordered the same as you showed in your picture.

I will report back when I start to use it and follow this thread to read what you guys are experiencing. Thanks again :-)

Thank you Ryan! It's a good idea to open a specific thread.
I got mine from a seller in France, but I stopped using it as the mask smells bad (heavy plastic smell), not the same as yours, mine is a transparent plastic so I assume the plastic material is different. I can use the mouth piece though.

Now I consider the DIY breathing device, which costs nearly nothing, as you do it yourself with easy to find pieces.

Moreover, in his book, Dr A. RAKHIMOV explains
- breathing physiology in easy to understand explanations.
- and in his ebook, he gives many other tips and advices. He also speaks about Buteyko method. Many of his tips are complementary to the breathing device.

Here is his website: Breathing Slower and Less: The Greatest Health Discovery Ever - Normal Breathing: The Key to Vital Health
And the e-book: Normal Breathing Digital Store - Amazing DIY Breathing Device (Kindle MOBI Format) : do-it-yourself device and numerous tips on general health, backed by science.
No need for a capnometer. There is an easy natural way without using any device to mesure your oxygen (oxygenation test): It's included in the book.

It's indeed a good alternative to 1.5 ATA HBOT:
- HBOT increases O2 in your cells by forcing (ambiant pressure in the chamber) arterial oxygen being delivered in cells
- Breathing device increases delivery O2 from your arteries to cells by vasodilatation. Vasodilatation is induced by CO2, the most potent and natural vasodilatator. It's more natural that being under pressure in a chamber.
You have more chance to treat a Raynaud disease for example. It's a disease where your arteries are permanently constricted. O2 can't get into cells (not in decent amount) if your arteries (especially distal ones) are constricted.
HBOT can do wonders, but I'm not convinced that 1.5 is enough for diseases. It's surely good for wellness or for middle ear airing.
- interesting for those who have phobia (claustrophobia) that prevents them from going in HBOT. And no need to electricity.

In France there's the "Bol d’Air Jacquier" sold on organic trade fairs which is just an overpriced nebulizer (1 600 to 4 500 € lol) but it is sold to be used with "Orésine" which is essential oil of Landes pine (pin des Landes) or Térébenthine du Pin.

The argument of the whole system is in this sentence:
The organic Oresin used is rich in alpha and beta pinenes. It is composed of unsaturated aromatic molecules that offer the possibility of an additional chemical bond to oxygen.

In Térébentine Wikipedia page I don't see that at all:
Turpentine contains an essence rich in terpene carbides, alpha-pinene, beta-pinene and resin acids. It is used medicinally as an expectorant, balsamic (which acts as a balm), urinary and pulmonary antiseptic (in combination with eucalyptus and benzoin) and as an external revulsant in biomedical research.

So I was wandering, do Turpentine can help to bond with oxygen? @nature do you have an idea?

Just a quick question, I cannot find any mention of Samozdrav on Amazon. Found 2 mentioned on e-bay, one from Armenia and another from Ukraine. :huh: Has anyone ordered from any of these countries and did you experience any difficulties?.
Thank you Ryan for setting up this Thread and for everyone's experiences of trials and errors.

Just a quick question, I cannot find any mention of Samozdrav on Amazon. Found 2 mentioned on e-bay, one from Armenia and another from Ukraine. :huh: Has anyone ordered from any of these countries and did you experience any difficulties?.
Thank you Ryan for setting up this Thread and for everyone's experiences of trials and errors.
From which country are you looking for it?

I also couldn't find one on amazon.de.
But ebay.de had several offers (Ukraine/Belarus/Armenia and Lettland)- just ordered mine via ebay.de from Lettland.
I've ordered from Ukraine and Lettland before and usually it's a quick delivery in Europe. In the end it depends on the seller though.

samozdrav online kaufen | eBay

From which country are you looking for it?

I also couldn't find one on amazon.de.
But ebay.de had several offers (Ukraine/Belarus/Armenia and Lettland)- just ordered mine via ebay.de from Lettland.
I've ordered from Ukraine and Lettland before and usually it's a quick delivery in Europe. In the end it depends on the seller though.

samozdrav online kaufen | eBay

I think you'll have to look for a device being shipped with a handbook in English.

So your choice of ordering from Latvia could be preferable, but since a third of Latvians do speak Russian a multi-language handbook may not be necessary.

Back
Top Bottom