Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

for the Samozdrav,
from Samozdrav site, 20$ off when I order two(158$), and free shipping, but paypal does not work.
on ebay they all come from the Ukraine or Belarus, more expensive and shipping is ~25$
on Amazon, even more expensive, and they will not ship to my address (I guess they prefer other Canadian addresses eh Glenn?)
I might get the one from ebay-Belarus
I added it to the cart just to see, and it came up free shipping and no tax. So not sure why you would have a problem. It is more expensive than the other sites though. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Yes, I did manage to get the oxygen flowing just fine, eventually. I find the unit too claustrophobic as it is smaller than the one I originally tried out a couple of times last year and it has much smaller windows. For me, it is a real challenge getting in and out on my own. There is usually no-one there to help me zip in. Basically it gives me more stress than relief.

As in any therapeutic undertaking we sometimes need to adjust it to our own suitability and this just does not feel like a good fit for me. I'm good with most supplements, for example, and not others so I take what helps instead of sticking to strict protocol. I can spend an hour in the FIR sauna at 50 degrees and not break a sweat, usually going to sleep instead. We are all different.

I am sorry to hear this, Stellar. I hope you find someone to sell the unit to if it's not a good fit for you. If however it's the claustrophobia aspect that makes you want to give it up, you are not alone, a few of us had to go through it. It was a very negative experience for me too at first, you can read my account about it here and how I worked through it. In fact, when I was thinking about giving up altogether, it occurred to me that if I made it through the fear, I'd be doing it not just for me but to be able to help anyone else with the same problem in the future. If I can help you in any way, let me know! :cheer:

BUT, if you have already read my post and you still feel as you do, discard the above.

In all honesty, I'm also just a little tired of fussing over this worn and tired old physical body; it doesn't seem so important to me any more. :-) I'll probably just stick to the basics and continue to take one day at a time.

Even if not with HBOT, do not stop fussing over your "worn and tired body" yet. If anything, it needs your love and care more when worn and tired :hug2:

Not so good news from China on oxygen concentrators.

I recently established a very promising contact with a Chinese producer of soft HBOT chambers. They have a 2.0 ata soft chamber. Will report more on this when I have more information available. It may take a while as China is in spring break festival and holidays.

The bad news, as per a sales manager, is that Chinese households are now buying oxygen generators like crazy since the covid restrictions were lifted. Even though these home use devices are different from the ones used for HBOT chambers, the huge demand binds staff and production capacities. As of now, it is already difficult to get quotations for the oxygen generators. Longer delivery times are also to be expected. Whether prices will be affected remains to be seen.

About the Samozdrav, I posted some information about (in this same thread) in May, you can parse it for some links + on the next post i tried (but results is horrible) to translate the PDF from russian to english and attached it ... it remains "readable" and i think it's a good summary or lecture for anyone who want to know the theory (at least popularised one) behind the usefulness of this device and the role of the CO2 in the blood in regard to the good delivery of the O2 to the cells.

Here's the link :
+ the next post with the PDF attached

If someone can succeed to better translate the document, i mean, mainly in regard the graphical glitches you can see, or maybe find an official translated one, it may be interesting to post it here.

I still haven't ordered one but now i'm wondering if i should not quickly do it before they run out of stock 😅

Generally I ignore the message and click advanced. you will see a link to go there in the bottom of Advanced text.

It is there in the amazon US too for $110.00 here is the link

On the company website is $89.00. Since cost difference is not too much amazon may be better as it is easy to return ror demand service, if needed.
That particular one is
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

There is another one that looks like the same thing but there are only 2 left in stock at $103.

Samozdrav Breathing Training Device

I am not sure how the Samozdrav works on the CO2 capacity. If it is just working to expel more CO2 there are other devices that may help at a lower cost.

Here is one that is less expensive and compact:

The Breather has adjustable inhalation and exhalation resistance settings. I see it is the same one that @Fallen_735 found.

The Breather.png
5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, great for building lung capacity!
Reviewed in the United States on May 2, 2021
Verified Purchase
This little gadget is a wonderful tool to build your lung capacity. As a nurse, I am wearing a mask almost 12 hours a day and recently went to my yearly physical only to find out my CO2 was borderline high. This means you are not exhaling strong enough and CO2 is left in your system. A couple of days into the treatment I could feel myself taking deeper breaths and exhaling a lot stronger and being a lot more cognizant of my breathing. I would highly recommend this to anyone with issues of lung capacity. I use the breather twice a day and bought the case. It is a well-built system that is not as large as the incentive spirometer and therefore easy to travel with. The dials let you increase the resistance as your lungs get stronger breathing in and breathing out. Anyone post-COVID would benefit from this device and lung exercise.

I have found the Samozdrav ventilator on Ebay (around $100 with the shipping cost) but mostly coming from Belarus. It would take longer than 12 business days to arrive, depending on customs. Since the US has sanctions against Belarus, all major couriers, FedEx, UPS, US Postal Service, DHL, all suspended service. So don't think it would or could arrive. They may pop up via places like Kazakhstan, which is not sanctioned. They may even be available in pharmacies off the shelf in places like Serbia, Croatia, Armenia? India? Maybe? Will keep an eye out.

For sure Amazon will not be restocking these anytime soon. :-(

Upon further research it seems like the devices I found on Amazon are different. The “Samozdrav”consists of two chambers and a capnometer, according to this description from:

The breathing device consists of two chambers directly connected to the breathing tube. The inner chamber allows you to regulate the physical load on the body. The outer chamber and glass jars used as an additional outer chamber are necessary to increase the concentration of carbon dioxide and reduce the concentration of oxygen in the inhaled air mixture. Depending on the volume of the external chambers, the composition of the inhaled air mixture is regulated (the larger the chamber, the more CO2). A liter glass jar is used.

In addition to the device, the kit includes a Capnometer - a simple device for measuring the level of breathing and the corresponding concentration of CO2 in the blood. It is a fixed volume plastic bag with two flaps. For measurement, the bag must be filled to its full volume with normal breathing. According to the filling time (1-4 min) according to the table, you can determine the intensity of breathing and the concentration of CO2 in the blood.

In fact, according to the readings of the capnometer, you can determine the degree of a person's predisposition to a stroke or heart attack.

As a rule, the intensity of breathing decreases by 2-3 times after 6 months of training.

I have found the Samozdrav ventilator on Ebay (around $100 with the shipping cost) but mostly coming from Belarus. It would take longer than 12 business days to arrive, depending on customs. Since the US has sanctions against Belarus, all major couriers, FedEx, UPS, US Postal Service, DHL, all suspended service. So don't think it would or could arrive. They may pop up via places like Kazakhstan, which is not sanctioned. They may even be available in pharmacies off the shelf in places like Serbia, Croatia, Armenia? India? Maybe? Will keep an eye out.

For sure Amazon will not be restocking these anytime soon. :-(

I tried to find out if the device can be bought in Croatia, but it seems that it is not available here. I tried with Google and DuckDuck for Serbia, but also without results.

Ark and I took a week off just to see how it would feel and I was getting tired of getting up early to be in the chamber early every day. Plus, my stomach was giving me fits.

No noticing of losing anything during that week, but I DID feel like I was both more energetic and less energetic at the same time.

When we started back on Monday, my ears had to be conditioned all over again. Very painful on Monday, fine today.

But, in the meantime, Gaby discovered another interesting thing that might work very well in concert with HBOT. It's called Samozdrav breath training device.

https://samozdrav.com/

Here is the users manual for the gadget:
https://samozdrav.com/about-breathing-complex/manual/

Now, the thing is, it is supposed to confer all its benefits without also doing HBOT, so for some of you who can't do HBOT for one reason or another, might want to try this. It's certainly about 100 times cheaper!

I looked at the website and it seems that it just works by inducing hypoventilation -- essentially it forces you to under-breathe and cause your CO2 levels to rise. It seems like a rip-off to me. You don't need to pay $80 for a device that that forces you to under-breathe, since there are a number of breathing techniques you can learn for free which will train your body to tolerate and maintain higher CO2 levels naturally. One of these is box breathing (a 5 second box breath means a 5 second inhale, 5 second hold at the top, 5 second exhale, 5 second hold at the bottom, 5 second inhale, and so on), using a count of seconds that you're slightly uncomfortable with but able to tolerate, and doing that 15 minutes a day while increasing the count each week or month as you improve. Konstantin Buteyko and Patrick McKeown (who wrote The Oxygen Advantage and The Breathing Cure) have built careers around correcting people's breathing disorders (Buteyko even facing his fare share of persecution in the Soviet Union).

I looked at the website and it seems that it just works by inducing hypoventilation -- essentially it forces you to under-breathe and cause your CO2 levels to rise. It seems like a rip-off to me. You don't need to pay $80 for a device that that forces you to under-breathe, since there are a number of breathing techniques you can learn for free which will train your body to tolerate and maintain higher CO2 levels naturally. One of these is box breathing (a 5 second box breath means a 5 second inhale, 5 second hold at the top, 5 second exhale, 5 second hold at the bottom, 5 second inhale, and so on), using a count of seconds that you're slightly uncomfortable with but able to tolerate, and doing that 15 minutes a day while increasing the count each week or month as you improve. Konstantin Buteyko and Patrick McKeown (who wrote The Oxygen Advantage and The Breathing Cure) have built careers around correcting people's breathing disorders (Buteyko even facing his fare share of persecution in the Soviet Union).

Actually, it appears to do what removing the mask in the HBOT does: induces a sort of paradoxical hypoxia which then stimulates all kinds of reactions in the body involved with repair and regeneration. Gaby can explain it better, but I don't think it is a ripoff at all.

First dive today. Macy Pan unit arrived fast from China. Wish I had bought 10l/min instead of 5 but still good. Pretty easy to get together and well packed. My ears popped a bit on decompress but not bad. Of course it's only 1.3. I'm glad I got the 90cm width because I'm not small and I have bit of room in there. Very difficult to get in and out of and I needed help to get it zipped properly; Not easy to try to do solo, FYI, my attempt at a solo dive resulted in the bag inflating but it couldn't get to Pressure due to insufficient seal. 1 dive down, a billion more to go 😄

I wrote a summary here: Session 10 December 2022

Certain breathing exercises like the ones that Patrick McKeown promote (via Mercola, etc) may have the same effects, but the device was designed for older and sick people who might not learn so easily the subtleties of breathing exercises. With the Samozdrav, there's also some oxygen coming in along the CO2, it's not like breathing through a closed bag. There are similar concepts like inhaling carbogen (which consists of oxygen and 10% CO2) after an eye stroke in order to improve blood flow while maintaining the oxygenation of the retina by preventing the oxygen‑induced vasoconstriction.

I find the concept of the Samozdrav useful because if you do certain breathing exercises incorrectly, you can potentially have more harmful effects. The device is designed for a build up training in 4 stages. It also comes with a method to calculate your blood CO2 levels.

Marketing differs in each country, but the real cost of the device is probably much less. It's a few pieces of carton and plastic designed in a specific way. The French distributor sells it for 60 euros or so.

I bought mine in France from this site:
quant-essence.fr/produits/126-samozdrav.html
Thanks for the link Zak ! Just ordered one -luckily I can understand and speak a bit of french - very simple and straight forward to order-deliver by DHL- should be here within 5 days (im in EU).
I wrote a summary here: Session 10 December 2022

Certain breathing exercises like the ones that Patrick McKeown promote (via Mercola, etc) may have the same effects, but the device was designed for older and sick people who might not learn so easily the subtleties of breathing exercises. With the Samozdrav, there's also some oxygen coming in along the CO2, it's not like breathing through a closed bag. There are similar concepts like inhaling carbogen (which consists of oxygen and 10% CO2) after an eye stroke in order to improve blood flow while maintaining the oxygenation of the retina by preventing the oxygen‑induced vasoconstriction.

I find the concept of the Samozdrav useful because if you do certain breathing exercises incorrectly, you can potentially have more harmful effects. The device is designed for a build up training in 4 stages. It also comes with a method to calculate your blood CO2 levels.

Marketing differs in each country, but the real cost of the device is probably much less. It's a few pieces of carton and plastic designed in a specific way. The French distributor sells it for 60 euros or so.

France distributer also EU - i ordered --its on its way to ireland !

E R

Back
Top Bottom