Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

Quotes don't seem to be dropping in... anywhoseit... I'm currently thinking that @ 1.3atm I will need over 200hr at Pressure. Lifelong asthma and allergies. Family has history of both bone and blood cancer, as well as lung issues (pulmonary fibrosis, perhaps also a recessive cf gene, though I'm not doing gene testing), peripheral neuropathy and other foot issues. I have a rather large bone spur on my dominant big toe which has significantly impacted my ability to walk, along with sciatica and dorsal compression syndrome: my father was flat footed. I do use infrared sauna and that helps some, but it could be I have also been low oxygen most of my life. I tossed my inhalers at 19, currently 40. Diagnosed with Osgood schlotter's 30 Years ago which may have also effected blood flow to lower extremities.

Given all of what you're working on, 200hrs @ pressure sounds like a great goal to start with. Please do keep us in the loop with how you're doing.

My health issues have gotten worse and worse since about 2017/18 and it has been really depressing thinking it was just downhill. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. 🙏 I am hopeful and not super depressed for first time in awhile. Fingers crossed. I will report back when I receive the unit and put it together.

Amen to that!

• Cancer 2.0.24 ATA FOR 60-90 minutes
  • Motor Vehicle Accident/TBI 1.5 ATA-1.75 ATA for 90 minutes
  • Stem Cell Induction/Anti-Aging 2.4 ATA for 90 minutes
  • Cognitive Decline/Dementia 1.5-1.75 ATA for 60-90 minutes
  • Radiation Damage 2.4 ATA for 90 minutes
  • Sudden Hearing Loss 2.0-2.4 ATA for 90 minutes
  • Lyme Disease 2.4 ATA for 90 minutes
  • Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2.4 ATA for 60-90 minutes
  • Peripheral Neuropathy 2.4 ATA for 60-90 minutes
  • Post Concussive Syndrome/TBI 1.5-1.75 ATA for 60-90 minutes
  • Exercise Recovery/Sports Injury 1.5-2.4 ATA for 60-90 minutes
  • Ulcerative Colitis/Crohn’s Disease 2.0-2.4 ATA for 60-90 minutes
That's interesting, these are time lengths per session, the treatment would be the number of sessions, which is not given here.
My understanding is that the HBOT sessions are cumulative in their health effects, and so with a 1.5ATA you would have to do more sessions, perhaps at least twice as many, to get relatively the same affect. The caveat is that at 2ATA the oxygen is probably being forced deeper into the body than it would be at 1.5ATA. I realized it is not just the skin we're talking about, but also inside the mouth and sinuses, esophagus, lung interior, ear drums,...

It depends whom you ask.

Some HBOT centers are going well above 2 bar. For example this one:

Condition/Pressure/Time

• Cancer 2.0.24 ATA FOR 60-90 minutes
  • Motor Vehicle Accident/TBI 1.5 ATA-1.75 ATA for 90 minutes
  • Stem Cell Induction/Anti-Aging 2.4 ATA for 90 minutes
  • Cognitive Decline/Dementia 1.5-1.75 ATA for 60-90 minutes
  • Radiation Damage 2.4 ATA for 90 minutes
  • Sudden Hearing Loss 2.0-2.4 ATA for 90 minutes
  • Lyme Disease 2.4 ATA for 90 minutes
  • Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2.4 ATA for 60-90 minutes
  • Peripheral Neuropathy 2.4 ATA for 60-90 minutes
  • Post Concussive Syndrome/TBI 1.5-1.75 ATA for 60-90 minutes
  • Exercise Recovery/Sports Injury 1.5-2.4 ATA for 60-90 minutes
  • Ulcerative Colitis/Crohn’s Disease 2.0-2.4 ATA for 60-90 minutes
Hi broken.english!
This treatment centre gives values in absolute pressure. 2.4 atmosphere = roughly 2.4 bar which is safety limit as I understand related to decompression. Higher pressures would require longer decompression times which extend time of the procedure and cost. Plus maybe there is for the same reason relatively less research related to health to back up use of higher pressures.
My 2 cents :)

Hi broken.english!
This treatment centre gives values in absolute pressure. 2.4 atmosphere = roughly 2.4 bar which is safety limit as I understand related to decompression. Higher pressures would require longer decompression times which extend time of the procedure and cost. Plus maybe there is for the same reason relatively less research related to health to back up use of higher pressures.
My 2 cents :)

Hard to say. I am not aware of any statistics on pressure values and considerations behind those values.

So we are doing our legwork and try to connect the dots. Same procedure as always.

As many have noted, if you have read this thread, all kinds of issues come up in the beginning days of the therapy, most notably, extreme tiredness and possibly shortness of breath in some situations, simply because the body repair systems have been initialized and are working very hard. Just take it easy, do the therapy, rest as needed, don't think you are superman all of a sudden. That will only come after 60 or more sessions.

Possible. I take mucosan (ambroxol) every night for another issue, so I get regularly cleared of mucus.
Why not guaifenesin? What is ambroxol? Just curious. I take guaifenesin sometimes for mucus build-up and it works well.

After some sessions with my HBOT, I have decided that it is not for me and I would like to sell the whole unit. Preferably to a member in Australia (I am in Adelaide) to save on the cost of transport and waiting for delivery.

I paid a little over $7K for the zoy-tech unit. I am only asking for $5K which can be made in 2 payments; 1/2 on picking up the unit and the other half in a month or so. The rest of the value I leave up to the buyer to donate to FOTCM over, say, a few months, as they see fit.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

I'm in US, not Australia, and with packing and shipping logistical issues, I truly understand your preferring to work with an Australian. Nonetheless, do you have info on the model, size, etc., so I can at least check it out on their website and get an idea as to shipping costs etc if no one local to you responds?
It's a 1.5 ATA soft chamber (white) with 2 in 1 oxygenator & cooler, a 5L oxygenator, several masks including the nonrebreather.

It is the same as in this vid, except the oxygenator is a compact version as can be seen in the background to the right of the frame with a grey/white colour at the beginning of the demo.

My main concern in distant (overseas) shipping is the potential damage to the unit and possible customs fees which can be several hundred dollars. I cannot guarantee its safe transport and I would not like that to happen as it is a substantial amount of money for most.

The reason I primarily offered to Aus members is that on the east coast some members live closer together and there is a potential for some to buy it as a share purchase, making it more affordable. I hope that helps.

After some sessions with my HBOT, I have decided that it is not for me and I would like to sell the whole unit.
Hi Stella - I remember you where having lots of technical problems with the unit. Did you manage to get the oxygen flowing?
I know you have decided to sell it, but I am curious as to why? Where the sessions uncomfortable? How many did you try?

Hello everyone!

First of all I want to say thank you for all the information provided in this forum thread. This is extremely helpful.

We are now waiting for the Macy Pan HBOT and it stuck on customs clearance in Portugal as it is real evil.

I want to ask you for a help, cause its now holiday season in China and nobody replying me from Macy Pan. Maybe you have some special docs from the list for share with me ? Im trying to prevent the parcel going back to china....

Thank you in advance for any help...
Alice

Uploading Documents

• You must present the purchase order of the product(s) and the respective proof of payment.
    Purchase order includes: name of the importer and seller, description of the content, unit value, total value, value of the freight (if it has been paid)
  • Import of electrical equipment [IC87]
  • It should be presented when we are dealing with the import of electrical equipment intended for use in installations, whose rated voltage is between 50 V and 1000 V, in alternating current, or between 75 V and 1500 V, in direct current.
    If the material to be imported is not included in the one described above, you must provide the declaration on letterhead with the characteristics of the product and the reason why it is not included in the Directive.
    Declaration of conformity on electrical equipment issued by the manufacturer, as well as CE Marking (Directive 2014/35/EU).

• Import of machines and quasi-machines [IC78]
  • The EC declaration of conformity (Directive 2006/42/EC) must be presented, the CE marking must be wagered and the instruction manual in Portuguese or English must be presented.
  • Import of electrical and electronic equipment [IC115]
  • A "EU" declaration of conformity, issued by the manufacturer or the supplier not based in the EU must be submitted and must have the CE marking (Directive 2011/65/EU).
    It applies to equipment intended for use with a nominal voltage not exceeding 1000v for alternating current and 1500 Volts for direct current.
    If the material to be imported is not included in the one described above, you must provide the declaration on letterhead with the characteristics of the product and the reason why it is not included in the Directive.

Hi Stella - I remember you where having lots of technical problems with the unit. Did you manage to get the oxygen flowing?
I know you have decided to sell it, but I am curious as to why? Where the sessions uncomfortable? How many did you try?
Yes, I did manage to get the oxygen flowing just fine, eventually. I find the unit too claustrophobic as it is smaller than the one I originally tried out a couple of times last year and it has much smaller windows. For me, it is a real challenge getting in and out on my own. There is usually no-one there to help me zip in. Basically it gives me more stress than relief.

As in any therapeutic undertaking we sometimes need to adjust it to our own suitability and this just does not feel like a good fit for me. I'm good with most supplements, for example, and not others so I take what helps instead of sticking to strict protocol. I can spend an hour in the FIR sauna at 50 degrees and not break a sweat, usually going to sleep instead. We are all different.

In all honesty, I'm also just a little tired of fussing over this worn and tired old physical body; it doesn't seem so important to me any more. :-) I'll probably just stick to the basics and continue to take one day at a time.

Yes, I did manage to get the oxygen flowing just fine, eventually. I find the unit too claustrophobic as it is smaller than the one I originally tried out a couple of times last year and it has much smaller windows. For me, it is a real challenge getting in and out on my own. There is usually no-one there to help me zip in. Basically it gives me more stress than relief.

As in any therapeutic undertaking we sometimes need to adjust it to our own suitability and this just does not feel like a good fit for me. I'm good with most supplements, for example, and not others so I take what helps instead of sticking to strict protocol. I can spend an hour in the FIR sauna at 50 degrees and not break a sweat, usually going to sleep instead. We are all different.

In all honesty, I'm also just a little tired of fussing over this worn and tired old physical body; it doesn't seem so important to me any more. :-) I'll probably just stick to the basics and continue to take one day at a time.
I understand the problems you have been having. An alternate treatment that has similar effects is called ten-pass, or it may go under different names. Basically it a process where the nurse/doctor removes an amount of blood from you and mixes it with ozone, and then delivers the mixed blood back to you via an IV drip. It is more invasive than the HBOT, but it does deliver oxygen to your body through your blood. @manitoban has tried it and found it useful. You might be able to find a practionor in your area that does ozone therapy, and will do this treatment.

Hello everyone!

First of all I want to say thank you for all the information provided in this forum thread. This is extremely helpful.

We are now waiting for the Macy Pan HBOT and it stuck on customs clearance in Portugal as it is real evil.

I want to ask you for a help, cause its now holiday season in China and nobody replying me from Macy Pan. Maybe you have some special docs from the list for share with me ? Im trying to prevent the parcel going back to china....

Alice

Uploading Documents

• You must present the purchase order of the product(s) and the respective proof of payment.
    Purchase order includes: name of the importer and seller, description of the content, unit value, total value, value of the freight (if it has been paid)
  • It should be presented when we are dealing with the import of electrical equipment intended for use in installations, whose rated voltage is between 50 V and 1000 V, in alternating current, or between 75 V and 1500 V, in direct current.
    Declaration of conformity on electrical equipment issued by the manufacturer, as well as CE Marking (Directive 2014/35/EU).

• The EC declaration of conformity (Directive 2006/42/EC) must be presented, the CE marking must be wagered and the instruction manual in Portuguese or English must be presented.
  • A "EU" declaration of conformity, issued by the manufacturer or the supplier not based in the EU must be submitted and must have the CE marking (Directive 2011/65/EU).
    It applies to equipment intended for use with a nominal voltage not exceeding 1000v for alternating current and 1500 Volts for direct current.
I have a contact phone number for Macy-pan, maybe not the person you were dealing with, but perhaps worth a try
(from Macy-pan) For urgent cases, please contact me via Tel: +86 18017021620.
perhaps you have a phone number on emails they have sent to you?

Hello everyone!

Alice

Uploading Documents

If they sent it with DHL express they should have provided all the paper work and information for the costums. In fact my sales rep told me if i get any queries from customs to not answer them before consulting with her. It seems they are pretty well versed in how to tackle EU customs requirements and in fact although my country’s customs are pretty strict and nit picking this shipment flew through effortlessly and i got it all the way from Shanghai in 4 days. I was very impressed. The rep was answering emails or texts within minutes even on weekends.

Back
Top Bottom