server Issues / Can't access SOTT

Oxajil said:
Seems to be up for me now. Fingers crossed! Either way, they seem to be working on it, hopefully it'll be all fine again soon!

Was up for a couple of minutes and down again.

This problem has been intermittent for several hours.
On again, off again, on again, off again ....

Jury is still out...

Waiting again for feedback from hosting company.

The person who looked at it thinks it was hacking, but I suspect hardware failure. I think they are checking again for hardware problems, and that's why it's up and down.

Lumiere_du_Code said:
Yes, I have the same

I get those same screens when I try to go to Sott. I would change any password you entered into that ASUS login.

FWIW, I scanned the site on virustotal:

Attachments

• sottscan.jpg
    sottscan.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 157
Sott.net went down while i was reading it - had few tabs opened and suddenly small window with message something like "update AVG security toolbar" popped up. Usual "Yes" and "No" buttons were present there and i clicked "No" gladly since, I thought, that was never enabled on me Notbook :-[ , and than my browser collapsed totally :huh:...

Interesting today i've received strange Email sent from address composed from my firstname.lastname@harbourlines.com titled:

"June, by which time the fighting was too far inland to be covered by the ship's guns." noted as spam...

British and German trenches. Ludmilla Andrew have recorded complete CDs with
Geoffrey Tozer, as has Caroline Vitale with Peter Baur.
In the end, the king marries a human woman, though keeping a platonic friendship
with the mermaid. Next years Bowman's Best would be one of the best Bowman sets
ever.

Cryptic ha? :umm:

I checked harbourlines.com and looks like fake one with some spelling glitches maybe cover for cyber attacks FWIW

It was backup for a few minutes... There appeared to be a hardware issue that may have involved hacking, so they fixed that, but it still just went down again.

Well, I'm not sure what to do at this point, and it's 3am and I can't think. So, SOTT will stay down for now.

Ya'll get on FB and Twitter and inform the masses.

More fun tomorrow!
:shock:

I hired a tech from elance one time who de-hacked a site for me. He did a great job and I think he charges a flat fee, $100 if I remember correctly. He tracked down the source of the hack and helped me fix it too. I could put you in touch with him if you need help.

If there's anything else, if you end up needing help to restore articles or something, I can help.

Mr. Scott said:
It was backup for a few minutes... There appeared to be a hardware issue that may have involved hacking, so they fixed that, but it still just went down again.

Well, I'm not sure what to do at this point, and it's 3am and I can't think. So, SOTT will stay down for now.

Ya'll get on FB and Twitter and inform the masses.

More fun tomorrow!
:shock:

Will do, thanks for the updates!

Sott.net is redirecting to a foreign login page that I have never seen before

screen cap attached

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2014-08-26 23:15:36.png
    Screenshot from 2014-08-26 23:15:36.png
    144.6 KB · Views: 146
Aiming said:
Horseofadifferentcolor said:
Wu Wei Wu said:
Theseus said:
Going to Sott.net I get a strange login page with ASUS in top left hand corner, please login to access the device :huh:

Same problem. At first it something like "Access Denied" and something about me not accepting cookies, but now it's gone to the Asus Login screen.

I also had the Asus login screen for Sott.

Same for me.

Me too :(

Might be a good time for everyone to also be on the lookout for interesting/weird things happening in the world and report them on the forum. If this is intentional, it may be a way to keep something from being noticed - whether natural or man-made. And SOTT is the only one truly paying attention these days!

Edit: If your sott.net login/pass is the same as your forum login/pass, and you tried logging in on that asus page, maybe it's best to change passwords on forum and sott (when it's back).

It may or may not be related, but the first time today that I posted on "Putin`s fans page" I got a weird screen telling me I had no mobile access or something to that effect. I was using a desk top as usual.

I have noticed to, that my computer has been excruciatingly slow the past few days, for instance when typing a full word it will appear on my scream one letter at a time very,very slowly and I have to wait for it to catch up before I can continue.

It may be that all things "Putin" are heavily monitored right now?

Back
Top Bottom