Session 10 February 2018

Thank you for a great session! :flowers: So many things to ponder!

Laura said:
It's always astonishing to me how little knowledge of real history and archaeology and sociology and psychology biblical experts actually have. That is changing somewhat, but for most of the mainstream theologically committed types, it's not.

So true!!!

Came across this in Peterson's 'Maps of Meaning' and thought of this session:

As regards the process for the transmutation of metals into gold, attested already in Chinese alchemy, it accelerates the temporal rhythm and thus contributes to the work of nature. As written in the 'Summa Perfectionis,' an alchemical work of the sixteenth century, "what nature can perfect in a vast space of time we can achieve in a short space of time by our art." The same idea is expounded by Ben Jonson in his play 'The Alchemist' (Act 2, Scene 2) The alchemist confirms that "lead and other metals... would be gold if they had time"; and another character adds: "And that our art doth further." In other words, the alchemist substitutes himself for Time.

goyacobol said:
Raintree said:
Nienna said:
Q: (L) Well, they said the power for changing reality lies in the belief center of the mind. But then they also said something about emotions. Emotions that are limiting, and then emotions that help to progress... So, maybe the belief that one needs to cultivate - if any - is the belief in unlimited possibilities AND also in the benevolence of the universe and the process. Maybe that's what it is?

A: Yes yes yes!

This is really important, or so I think! Very powerful and something to strive for.

I think so too. Not sure how I ended up watching this video while reading, pausing, and then continuing reading this session today, but I never thought Jim Carey would say something similar to what you have bolded above and the notion of intending and receiving from the universe what you need in your life (his bike example) summarized at about 23 minutes into the video.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnNHzhhVaiU

Thank you for sharing this session.

Thanks Raintree. Who would have thought Jim Carey could find something so close to what we are finding. Of course his early years were not without struggles as most of us realize can be a way to learn and grow if we take a different perspective.

For those that prefer reading, I believe this is the Jim Carey quote mentioned by Raintree:

22:34
I had a substitute teacher from Ireland in the second grade they told my class during morning prayer that when she wants something, anything at all, she prays for it and promises something in return and she always gets what she wants.

Well I'm sitting at the back of the classroom you know, thinking wow my family can't afford a bike you know, so I went home and I prayed for him and I promised I would recite the rosary every night in exchange. Broke it, broke that promise... but two weeks later I got home from school to find a brand-new Mustang bike with a banana seat and Easy Rider handlebars. Yeah, from fool to cool. My family informed me that I had won the bike in a raffle that a friend of mine had entered my name in without my knowledge whatsoever.

So that type of thing has been happening to me ever since. As far as I can tell it's just about letting the universe know what you want and working toward it while letting go of how it comes to pass. Your job is not to figure out how it's gonna happen for you but to open the door in your head and when the door opens in real life just walk through it. And don't worry if you miss your cue because there's always doors opening they keep opening. And when I say life doesn't happen to you it happens for you I really don't know if that's true, I'm just making a conscious choice to perceive challenges as something beneficial so that I can deal with them in the most productive way. You'll come up with your own style, that's part of the fun.

Oh and why not take a chance on faith as well. Take a chance on faith, not religion but faith, not hope but faith. I don't believe in hope. Hope is the beggar, hope walks through the fire and faith leaps over it. You are ready and able to do beautiful things in this world and after you walk through those doors today you will only ever have two choices: love or fear. Choose love and don't ever let fear turn you against your playful heart.

Courageous Inmate Sort said:
goyacobol said:
Raintree said:
Nienna said:
Q: (L) Well, they said the power for changing reality lies in the belief center of the mind. But then they also said something about emotions. Emotions that are limiting, and then emotions that help to progress... So, maybe the belief that one needs to cultivate - if any - is the belief in unlimited possibilities AND also in the benevolence of the universe and the process. Maybe that's what it is?

This is really important, or so I think! Very powerful and something to strive for.

I think so too. Not sure how I ended up watching this video while reading, pausing, and then continuing reading this session today, but I never thought Jim Carey would say something similar to what you have bolded above and the notion of intending and receiving from the universe what you need in your life (his bike example) summarized at about 23 minutes into the video.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnNHzhhVaiU

Thank you for sharing this session.

Thanks Raintree. Who would have thought Jim Carey could find something so close to what we are finding. Of course his early years were not without struggles as most of us realize can be a way to learn and grow if we take a different perspective.

For those that prefer reading, I believe this is the Jim Carey quote mentioned by Raintree:

I had a substitute teacher from Ireland in the second grade they told my class during morning prayer that when she wants something, anything at all, she prays for it and promises something in return and she always gets what she wants.

Well I'm sitting at the back of the classroom you know, thinking wow my family can't afford a bike you know, so I went home and I prayed for him and I promised I would recite the rosary every night in exchange. Broke it, broke that promise... but two weeks later I got home from school to find a brand-new Mustang bike with a banana seat and Easy Rider handlebars. Yeah, from fool to cool. My family informed me that I had won the bike in a raffle that a friend of mine had entered my name in without my knowledge whatsoever.

So that type of thing has been happening to me ever since. As far as I can tell it's just about letting the universe know what you want and working toward it while letting go of how it comes to pass. Your job is not to figure out how it's gonna happen for you but to open the door in your head and when the door opens in real life just walk through it. And don't worry if you miss your cue because there's always doors opening they keep opening. And when I say life doesn't happen to you it happens for you I really don't know if that's true, I'm just making a conscious choice to perceive challenges as something beneficial so that I can deal with them in the most productive way. You'll come up with your own style, that's part of the fun.

Oh and why not take a chance on faith as well. Take a chance on faith, not religion but faith, not hope but faith. I don't believe in hope. Hope is the beggar, hope walks through the fire and faith leaps over it. You are ready and able to do beautiful things in this world and after you walk through those doors today you will only ever have two choices: love or fear. Choose love and don't ever let fear turn you against your playful heart.

Thanks for that transcription, Courageous Inmate Sort. I thought that was clearly something that the C's have propounded on. Work hard at what you're aiming for but at the same time, believe that the outcome is not limited by anything, especially not what you think/want it to be.

bm said:
Courageous Inmate Sort said:
<snip>

Thanks for that transcription, Courageous Inmate Sort. I thought that was clearly something that the C's have propounded on. Work hard at what you're aiming for but at the same time, believe that the outcome is not limited by anything, especially not what you think/want it to be.

Same here Courageous Inmate Sort. I just shared this with a young person in my family who is going though an "Inmate" situation. I wonder how many people Jim Carey may help by telling his story. He is a genius in more ways than comedy I think. His art is interesting too for me.

Thank you for sharing this session, it is really important to feel the joy of our eternal spirits.

Even if the world seems to crumble around us, the events can be lived in an whole different state of mind, if we can get "into the flow".

Here is a well done documentary about discovering and locating a past volcanic eruption which affected almost all continents.

_ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrzOU03p8dA

Super Volcano That Can Destroy Earth Documentary 2017

After discovering a few mass graves where over 4000 people were buried situated in the London area. These people died of hunger after a deadly famine following a very cold period between 1258-1260, with disastrous weather and crop failure .

After investigating the possible location of a massive volcano which could have caused such disaster, they arrived at identifying it on a small island in Bali's vicinity. The ashes of this volcano assembly were spread over 450 miles around and the gases and particles were retrieved even from the Greenland's ice core samples.

It was indeed a whole planetary event.

Thank you for an interesting session. So much to ponder and and a lot that makes sense.

One of the things being the bit about preverbal.

Laura said:

(L) And I think that comes back in a funny sort of way to this “Healing Developmental Trauma” book. One of the problems of early trauma is that children come to believe that the universe is not a safe place or it's scary. They just get completely wrong ideas which lead to thought errors. That's something that's preverbal…

(Pierre) And very limiting.

(L) And those are the kinds of things that probably the neurofeedback can fix more easily than anything else because those are things that produce certain brain waves that persist over time. There's no other way to get to them because you can't TALK your way through something that's preverbal! You can get into some kind of body therapy and spend years with a therapist, but why do that when you can just go directly and change the brain waves? And if you change brain waves, the brain's going to change. Right?

I was one of those who stayed preverbal for a long time and only at the age of four (apparently) was able to speak. Before my parents were able to understand me, my older sister was able to understand me and translate my mumblings. My sister who was four years older treated me like her doll, taking care of my wants and needs, but most likely also made me conform to her want. Some behaviour half a year ago from her side opened up my eyes to some life choices and patterns of mine and also why I later as a young adult chose a woman very much in charge of the show apart from being well and truly senior to me in years.

Laura mentioned body therapy and 25 years ago, when I had a number of such sessions, the therapist mentioned that I 'hit' on to some preverbal stuff. The body therapy helped perhaps a little to change it, but nothing ground shaking. Mindfulness and self-correcting these faulty thinking patterns has been helpful though taken a long time and I am looking forward to try NeurOptimal sessions to see if it will boost the rewiring of some brain circuits.

(L) And those are the kinds of things that probably the neurofeedback can fix more easily than anything else because those are things that produce certain brain waves that persist over time. There's no other way to get to them because you can't TALK your way through something that's preverbal! You can get into some kind of body therapy and spend years with a therapist, but why do that when you can just go directly and change the brain waves? And if you change brain waves, the brain's going to change. Right?

Thank you for this super interesting session!

This quote remember me of something I did when I was kid. I suffered from migraine attacks and the only that can alleviate were taking dypirone, the pain was so strong that made me cry. Sometimes I'd lie in bed, or a carpet and started to feel my body and played with the feeling of pain, I changed something in my mind by trial and error, I can actually do it, but it is not easy to describe how that procedure feels, and the pain gone away almost completely. It needs concentration and keep the mind in that state for enough time. It is like changing a radio station. It is specially effective to headaches, not so much in another kind of pain.

(Joe) Are they really suggesting that this whole radical leftist ideology is going to go to an extreme in Western society?

A: Like the Nazis, they will try.

I almost sure that I read I don't know where, that Nazis were going to reincarnate now as individuals of the "opposite polarity" for karma reasons, and that makes sense related to the leftist radicals behaviour. Was It maybe told by Ra?

(L) Well, they said the power for changing reality lies in the belief center of the mind. But then they also said something about emotions. Emotions that are limiting, and then emotions that help to progress... So, maybe the belief that one needs to cultivate - if any - is the belief in unlimited possibilities AND also in the benevolence of the universe and the process. Maybe that's what it is?

Thanks for that special session.
Thanks for the French's translation.

Thank you for this awesome session as there is a lot to think of, indeed!

This idea of Space-Consciousness continuum looks terrific to me as I sometimes thought that "time" - as the word with the meaning we know of it - could just be a figure de style with no real intrinsic state, so to say. Or in other words, "time" would be a symbolic word as words can be (and often are) symbolic, just as symbology looks like a key/language/information to body/mind medicine, for example. I'd like to share here where these "thoughts" led me to.

From my point of view and after all these years reading, discovering, experimenting, sharing on many ways, the feeling I get "today" is that I learned (and still am) to see, watch, understand in larger and bigger ways and sometimes further on, sometimes painfully, sometimes pleasantly but these painful and pleasant things would be then, in this way of thinking of it, subject to "time"/Consciousness. They are painful or pleasant at some given "time"/state of my Consciousness. They are less painful or pleasant with time passing on, as painful or pleasant emotions tend to settle down over time (with surely more settle down over time for painful ones, as it is how works our two systems (fast & slow).

Following my thoughts, what the "state of my Consciousness" would be should depend on one specific state - at a given time to put it in other words - of one specific psyche partly or mostly ruled by emotions and beliefs (context?) AND should depend on specific readings (information access) possibly leading to get a more or less good picture (surely never perfect, even more surely blurred most of times, always submitted to change) of Reality as it is, which amounts to saying that for us it's all about control of emotions along comprehension of information in order to decode it. And how decoding anything if our psyche is bogged down, as it appears that it is the case for most of us all around the Earth though at different levels?

So, indeed, working on the self, reading & Co, doing our best each day, give the ability to open mind, still with limitations due to beliefs - some profounds, others flushing with the surface, the whole depending on who we are and which level of "time"/Consciousness we reach on - but understanding this that way is a start from my point of view, and we have to start somewhere I guess. Anyway, it does not mean that this give us ability to understand something in its all, far from that as it's rather impossible as Joe said, but it's like opening "doors" that, to me, I didn't even know there existed. "Nowadays" or in the actual "state of my Consciousness" I can see some of these doors that I was not able for most of them to see before - and did not even suspected their existence themselves at the time! -, while many are still hide to me "now" or in the actual "state of my Consciousness". But at least, I do understand that there are many of them - possibly infinite! - and I guess that evolving as human is also (in a kind of analogy) about finding these doors, and an Ariadne's thread could be there too, linking doors between themselves as a key maybe? Doing so (working on the self, reading & Co) offer new perspectives in a specific field until we get that these new perspectives might also apply in other fields of search/comprehension, as everything appears to be linked. Then, more perspective and maybe new doors to open. Maybe some doors, even if visible should not be open? I don't know.

Is our ability to see/open these "doors" related with our state of Consciousness in a given "time"? Is it even a good approach of understanding it? Anyway, thinking that in this perspective might means that one of our aim is to find these doors out by pursuing the experimentation on the self, opening mind, focusing and standing-back alternately - in order to not respectively get entangled in a limited space or lost in immensity - and most of all, applying what we learned/understood as Laura and other's said here and there.

That's a signal send to the Cosmos/Cosmic Field/Cosmic Mind/Cosmic Information Field and then to all of us at the end, whatever the way we choose/can/are able to doing so at a specific moment in "time". I'm talking here about personal involvement time in sharing informations in several ways, and by following the same idea than previously, this "involvement time" would be subject to modification depending of "time" (as quantity of), and how many we have in our plate.

Writing the previous sentence and read it again led me to self-observation that I surely wanted to say that I "sometimes" - and then "somewhere(space)" in actual "state of my Consciousness"? - may have regret not being able of more sharings here on the forum or by other way; On the other hand, I have much more on my plate today than before and as it is all benefit for my family "today" and consequently to "the not searched aim" myself, (thanks to the forum member's advices in the FOTCM private section).

With that in mind in order to not get in conflict with myself, I had to be able to recognize that this "too few sharing" I do feel "sometimes" (somewhere in my Consciousness) nowadays, and IF compared to what it was a couple of years before, is what it has to be "now" and for a good purpose, which was and still is the better suggested choice I ever have to do and this choice I've done changed my daily life and relationships among family's members: we still are in progress in that matter and it's very instructive and fulfilling to learn putting beloved/other's needs at the top of my own's. Conflicts have frankly diminished and there is more respect, comprehension and action of love among us than before.

Reading you here even if not sharing myself nowadays for lack of time, reading recommended books and more and keep a little time to stay close from Sott's News, and the day is over, but I go to sleep with the satisfaction that I do the right thing to do even if that mean being less active here or there as I feel like I occupy now the place that is mine among my family (thank you again to the forum!). And doing so I feel like I am growing-up step by step along my beloved one's (and it's not always easy but easy is not about learning, right?), and knowing this growing-up has no end and that path is full of danger, I remain deeply grateful to Laura, team and members for being who you are. :flowers:

I hope this personal digression is not off topic. :/

MK Scarlett said:

This idea of Space-Consciousness continuum looks terrific to me as I sometimes thought that "time" - as the word with the meaning we know of it - could just be a figure de style with no real intrinsic state, so to say. Or in other words, "time" would be a symbolic word as words can be (and often are) symbolic, just as symbology looks like a key/language/information to body/mind medicine, for example. I'd like to share here where these "thoughts" led me to.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "no real intrinsic state". If time is equivalent to consciousness in some way, that would make time/consciousness the most intrinsic state possible, IMO. At the most basic level, consciousness is experience: the sense of existing as a being in the world. In the recent interview between Jordan Peterson and Iain McGilchrist, McG said he's working on a book around the idea that there are no "things", only processes. That idea tracks back primarily to Alfred North Whitehead (and some peeps like William James and Henri Bergson before him), who developed "process philosophy" as a way of reconciling science with religion and other basic human experiences like truth, values and consciousness.

His basic idea is that there is no "matter" - that's merely a scientific abstraction (same as what Collingwood thought). All there is is processes, which have an objective "pole" and a subjective "pole". The objective pole is what we experience as objects in space (atoms, molecules, chairs, other people, our own bodies). The subjective pole is the individual, subjective experience of being. Whitehead was a panpsychist. He argued that everything has some level of consciousness, even particles and atoms. They too are processes - they have some rudimentary level of experience and actualize possibilities like position in space, interactions with other atoms, etc. And a process is the most fundamental type of experience: in every "instant" of time, the mental pole is presented with all possibilities which it can manifest. These possibilities are determined to a large degree by what possibility was manifest the instant before. If an particle is a proton one moment, chances are pretty darn certain it will continue to be a proton in the next instant.

Basically, what we experience as the past are prior actualizations of possibilities. The present is the moment of actualizing possibilities. In that instant - or process - our mental pole has access to memory of previous objective/subjective states and to future possibilities, one of which it actualizes. The future is the totality of the possibilities open to us in our present state - virtual futures.

That's the bare-bones, super-simplified version, but if anyone's interested in a more detailed treatment, David Ray Griffin goes over all the details in his book on the problem of consciousness: Unsnarling the World-Knot. But basically, our experience of time comes down to our experience of existing - of being aware/conscious. At least, that's my understanding of what Whitehead was saying!

MK Scarlett said:

Rather then looking at time as being "symbolic" of something it might be more accurate to look at time as a condition and limitation of our perception of a higher space. Our perception of time (that is, the way in which we experience this higher space) could change in accordance with different factors such as our states of consciousness (the type and quality of energies working thru us in the moment), our breathing, and other factors. So its not that this higher space is not real, there is something there. It's just that that the way we experience it thru our body is limited and we experience/perceive this higher space with limitations and conditions that we call 'time'. For example, we experience 'time' with conditions such as, we experience it as sequence of moments going in the direction of increased probability, we experience it as irreversible (the condition of before/after), we experience it in terms of the law of conservation of energy and so on. So, imo, I guess you can say that 'time' is a condition/limitation of our perceptual apparatus regarding how we perceive a higher space and we call this limitation of our perception 'time.'

Laura said:
Q: (Pierre) So what is so special in Laura that makes her have an influence on random events like the color of the cards?

A: Born that way.

Q: (Artemis) Maybe she's born with it...

A: Genetic endowment for PK.

Q: (Artemis) And there have been really weird times where I was looking for something in my room, and I realized I was holding it in my hand and I know I wasn't holding it before. I was weirded out by that, and I think it's related maybe.

A: It is genetic coding.

Q: (L) Well... The question I have - and I'm not sure that I ever really asked it in such a direct way, or if it was ever really answered - is: What is a Semite?

A: Central Asian genetic type formed from two main lines.

Q: (Chu) Which lines?

A: Kantekkian and Homo Sapiens.

(Artemis) Are we Semitic?

A: Yes

Thanks for the session Laura and Team, the above hit me right between the eyes.

Guess that means I've got to put another dream post together now..........

This'll be fun :(

Love from Down Under

J

Approaching Infinity said:
MK Scarlett said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "no real intrinsic state". If time is equivalent to consciousness in some way, that would make time/consciousness the most intrinsic state possible, IMO.

Yes, thank you for asking and pointing out to me what might not be clear in what I wrote previously. Thought they could have the same meaning at the end, I was "opposing" words "time" & "Consciousness" in one way: The first looks more like a 3rd Density concept and the second one as an objective existence. That does not mean "time" has no value to me per se, just that "time" as we perceive it is not equal to "Consciousness". So, to me, "Consciousness" has the most intrinsic state possible, while "time" has value only in 3rd Density.

Let me try again: My meaning was that "time" as we conceive it has value only in 3rd Density as we need it in order to evolve in our own environment; then, if it has objective value only in 3rd Density (for what we know now, but it could be more than that), then it's not a whole in itself from the enlarger Cosmic point of view. Then "time" is a concept which allow us to navigate through Space via Consciousness in 3rd Density. What I understand is that "Consciousness in Universe" (Cosmic Mind) has an objective value as a whole, not "time". "Time" here in 3rd Density is like a tool, a way to understand and navigate our 3rd environment. That's why I used the idea of "symbolic" word but it was maybe a mistake.

It's rather difficult to put in words kind of concept I barely understand myself, it's a good exercise anyway!

kenlee said it better in his own way than I would have, thanks!

kenlee said:
MK Scarlett said:

Rather then looking at time as being "symbolic" of something it might be more accurate to look at time as a condition and limitation of our perception of a higher space. Our perception of time (that is, the way in which we experience this higher space) could change in accordance with different factors such as our states of consciousness (the type and quality of energies working thru us in the moment), our breathing, and other factors. So its not that this higher space is not real, there is something there. It's just that that the way we experience it thru our body is limited and we experience/perceive this higher space with limitations and conditions that we call 'time'. For example, we experience 'time' with conditions such as, we experience it as sequence of moments going in the direction of increased probability, we experience it as irreversible (the condition of before/after), we experience it in terms of the law of conservation of energy and so on. So, imo, I guess you can say that 'time' is a condition/limitation of our perceptual apparatus regarding how we perceive a higher space and we call this limitation of our perception 'time.'

Approaching Infinity said:
At the most basic level, consciousness is experience: the sense of existing as a being in the world. In the recent interview between Jordan Peterson and Iain McGilchrist, McG said he's working on a book around the idea that there are no "things", only processes. That idea tracks back primarily to Alfred North Whitehead (and some peeps like William James and Henri Bergson before him), who developed "process philosophy" as a way of reconciling science with religion and other basic human experiences like truth, values and consciousness.

His basic idea is that there is no "matter" - that's merely a scientific abstraction (same as what Collingwood thought). All there is is processes, which have an objective "pole" and a subjective "pole". The objective pole is what we experience as objects in space (atoms, molecules, chairs, other people, our own bodies). The subjective pole is the individual, subjective experience of being. Whitehead was a panpsychist. He argued that everything has some level of consciousness, even particles and atoms. They too are processes - they have some rudimentary level of experience and actualize possibilities like position in space, interactions with other atoms, etc. And a process is the most fundamental type of experience: in every "instant" of time, the mental pole is presented with all possibilities which it can manifest. These possibilities are determined to a large degree by what possibility was manifest the instant before. If an particle is a proton one moment, chances are pretty darn certain it will continue to be a proton in the next instant.

Basically, what we experience as the past are prior actualizations of possibilities. The present is the moment of actualizing possibilities. In that instant - or process - our mental pole has access to memory of previous objective/subjective states and to future possibilities, one of which it actualizes. The future is the totality of the possibilities open to us in our present state - virtual futures.

That's the bare-bones, super-simplified version, but if anyone's interested in a more detailed treatment, David Ray Griffin goes over all the details in his book on the problem of consciousness: Unsnarling the World-Knot. But basically, our experience of time comes down to our experience of existing - of being aware/conscious. At least, that's my understanding of what Whitehead was saying!

I will have to go deeper in what you wrote because it sounds very interesting to me as it and it resonates with something inside me (maybe Laura's videos such as A Course in Knowledge and Being: Differential Diagnosis in Spirit Release - Part 2).

Thanks for the inputs both of you! :)

https://youtu.be/gPckPsROtBs

One can check out the whole playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6A5636AF74D4C560

Back
Top Bottom