Session 10 February 2018

A: Replace time with consciousness.

I'm reminded of St Augustine's views on the nature of time.

_https://stromatais.blogspot.ca/2011/05/st-augustine-on-time.html

Therefore, Augustine comes to it again and declares that only God can teach him the answer; all this only in the hopes that if he understood “how” God created everything, he might then use his reason to understand “what time is.” In doing all this, Augustine is making the assertion that God is the only being that teaches us from within. He’s in part declaring this, because he needs an answer that gets beyond creation.

It’s this ‘getting beyond creation’ that Augustine comes to next in his thoughts. He addresses the issue of ‘framework.’ By framework I mean {s-t}space and time, the ‘stuff’ of creation. He notices that questions addressed ‘towards’ things of {s-t} which would make sense, become nonsense when addressed ‘about’ {s-t}. This brings us back to what he noticed at the beginning: that he, Augustine, along with all other men, is temporally conditioned. He realized that things made sense for temporally conditioned beings inside the frame work of {s-t}, but that outside of the framework of {s-t} things made no sense. For instance, to ask about the beginning of things ‘in’ time makes perfect sense, but to ask about the beginning of time makes no sense, because it predicates a time before time… which is nonsense. This is why he believed that God, who is not temporally conditioned, who ‘teaches from within,’ would have to bypass his temporal conditioning, so that Augustine could project his assent onto that which God (Holy Spirit) had revealed upon temporally conditioned things, i.e. creation.

From this he constructed a schematic, or rather elaborated on Christian ‘truth,’ by stating that there was a temporal realm and an eternal realm. He had to figure out how things “were” in both of these realms. He postulated, or rather asserted, that the only things which really exist are in the ‘now.’ They’re really real, really happening, really being. The ‘now’ was or seemed to be predicated by the past, and the future was anticipated by the now. Further, the past was collapsible into the present, or ‘now,’ through memory, and the future was collapsible into the present through anticipation. That they could be collapsed meant that they ‘were.’ He explains this by stating that everything that is, was, and will be a ‘now’ is a static point in God’s view in the eternal realm. In this way, God is in all time, and yet timeless.

The things which follow necessarily from Augustine’s conclusions that the only things which really exist are in the ‘now’ and that all ‘now’s’ are static points in the eternal realm is that time is a mental construct designed to measure the non-existent portions of time. Time is a proverbial ‘zero’ designed to give us a set of reference points between events. You can’t measure what doesn’t exist, yet that is precisely what we do with time, if all that really exists is in the ‘now.’

Each ‘now’ is self-destructive and pregnant with the future. I would attempt to improve upon that merely by stating that each now is the “self-destructive child of the past that is pregnant with the future.” But it is self-evident that even this is temporally conditioned, because in the eternal realm, according to Augustine, each “now” is an independent static point.

If we participate with the constructs of the eternal and temporal realms that Augustine lays down, we see that it is inevitable that time really is only a mental construct. This is because if the past ‘is not’ and the future ‘is not,’ then the present is not temporally conditioned, but only a static point. This theory satisfies that God is always creating and never in flux of any kind; He is always creating ‘now.’ And if now is all that exists, then time which includes more than ‘now’ must be a logical construct… like ‘zero.’

What impresses me the most about St Augustine is, his talk of framework bears a lot of similarities to Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, in which he speaks about the "faculties" and how they decode the cosmos--the "thing in itself"--into phenomona we experience. I'm thinking here of both sensory, emotional, moral, and rational faculties. This also bears relation to the concept of Densities as understood as degrees of assumptions about reality acting as organizers for our experience of the world. Augustine believed that time was an illusion, and what we think of as the past, present and future are actually just the extended manifestation of our capacity for memory, attention, and expectation. So the science of history is not about this thing that doesn't technically exist (the past), but (as Collingwood said) about the expanded presence and how and why things are as they are, from a mental perspective -- that of mental thought and initiative.

Edit: more on Augustine and time here: _http://www.gradesaver.com/confessions/study-guide/summary-book-xi-time-and-eternity

What an awesome session, so much food for thought. Thanks for sharing it!

On the topic of right/left and who is the real Hitler, I think it's important to step back from the rhetoric and look at the basics. The line of force usually reveals essence. Even ignoring everything else, the left mobilize behind Killary - a psychopathic criminal - as their leading candidate. For a group that talks about peace, acceptance, inclusion - they chose a warmonger who is antithetical to all of those.

The left swallowed the "russia hacked everything" story without question and evidence. They are trying to legislate (with success in Canada so far) gender pronouns and completely ignore biology and facts on these matters. Their SJW and 3rd wave feminism movements are taking over colleges and brainwashing the students with lies about oppression, racism, patriarchy, gender gaps, sexism, xenophobia, etc. Again, no evidence provided or needed - just that the idea sounds plausible at face value to college students who never thought to check existing research to see if the facts support it. Add to that the violence and terrorism of Antifa who violently prevent free speech, and anything else they don't like.

I think the above is frankly enough. We have a group whose leader is a proven psychopath, who, without any evidence, are blaming a sovereign nation for problems that aren't even real to begin (a reichstag fire of sorts, but we have 9/11 and others so take your pick) and potentially provoking a military conflict, who deny basic facts of biology, who use violence and terrorism to prevent speakers from coming to college campuses, who legislate away reality and place feelings above facts as they also try to enforce their delusional view on everyone else and label anyone who questions them a nazi.

Those are meaningless words thrown around like candy these days. You really gotta look beyond words and thetoric and look at the reality - by their fruits shall you know them. And the fruits there are rotten as hell. And that's the thing about ponerology - the labels change, and often completely reverse as time goes on. To a crazy person it's everyone else who is crazy - and if you're not paying attention to reality, you will not notice how the crazy take over the asylum and call everyone else crazy. You will just assume the words mean what they always did, and you'll be swept away by the sea.

dugdeep said:
<snip>
"The implication is that intervention should not be presumed to be more disruptive than non-intervention," the ARPA report adds.

Statements by Minister of Child and Family Services Michael Coteau clearly signaled the pro-LGBTQ, gender ideology Liberal agenda, critics warned.

Coteau, who introduced the bill, told QP Briefing he sees questioning teenagers' self-identification as LGBTQI or telling them to change as abuse.

"I would consider that a form of abuse, when a child identifies one way and a caregiver is saying no, you need to do this differently," he said.

"If it's abuse, and if it's within the definition, a child can be removed from that environment and placed into protection where the abuse stops."

Taking children away from families who disagree with the dominant LGBTQI ideology. If that isn't Nazi-like I don't know what is.

I agree with you dugdeep. It's the end of parental influence whether good or bad. LGBTQI is taking the place of parenthood.

Here's a Vanderbilt University definitions list for LGBTQI terms:

Definitions _https://www.vanderbilt.edu/lgbtqi/resources/definitions
LESBIAN: Women who experience sexual, romantic, physical, and/or spiritual attraction to other women.

GAY: Used in some cultural settings to represent men who are attracted to men in a romantic, erotic and/or emotional sense. Not all men who engage in same gender sexual behavior identify as gay, and as such this label should be used with caution.

BISEXUAL or BI: A person who experiences sexual, romantic, physical, and/or spiritual attraction to people of their own gender as well as other genders, not necessarily at the same time, in the same way, or to the same degree.

TRANSGENDER: A person who lives as a member of a gender other than that expected based on sex or gender assigned at birth. Sexual orientation varies and is not dependent on gender identity.

TRANS WOMAN: An identity label sometimes adopted by male to female trans people to signify that they are women while still affirming their transgender history.

TRANS MAN: An identity label sometimes adopted by female to male trans people to signify that they are men while still affirming their transgender history.

QUEER: A political statement, as well as a sexual orientation, which advocates breaking binary thinking and seeing both sexual orientation and gender identity as potentially fluid. The term is a simple label to explain a complex set of sexual behaviors and desires. For example, a person who is attracted to multiple genders may identify as queer. Many older LGBT people feel the word has been hatefully used against them for too long and are reluctant to embrace it. “Queer” can be used as an umbrella term to refer to all LGBTQI people.

QUESTIONING: An individual who is unsure of and/or exploring their gender identity and/or sexual orientation.

INTERSEX: Intersex is a set of medical conditions that feature congenital anomaly of the reproductive and sexual system. That is, intersex people are born with “sex chromosomes,” external genitalia, or internal reproductive systems that are not considered “standard” for either male or female. The existence of intersexuals shows that there are not just two sexes and that our ways of thinking about sex (trying to force everyone to fit into either the male box or the female box) is socially constructed.

ASEXUAL: A person who does not experience sexual attraction. They may or may not experience emotional, physical, or romantic attraction. Asexuality differs from celibacy in that it is a sexual orientation, not a choice. People who are asexual may call themselves œace.

AROMANTIC: A person who experiences little or no romantic attraction to others.

HETEROSEXISM: Prejudice against individuals and groups who display non-heterosexual behaviors or identities, combined with the majority power to impose such prejudice. Usually used to the advantage of the group in power. Any attitude, action, or practice“ backed by institutional power that subordinates people because of their sexual orientation.

CISGENDER: someone who feels comfortable with the gender identity assigned to them based on their sex assigned at birth.

LGBTQI ALLY: Someone who confronts heterosexism, anti- LGBTQIA biases, heterosexual and cisgender privilege in themselves and others; believes that heterosexism, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia are social justice issues.

I don't think you can get any more "bodycentric" than this twisted attempt to raise children in an artificial environment. Of course this is just one more example of "control" but at the earliest stages of human life.

Thank you for another amazing session!! I found information about the recently suggested readings to be exceptionally useful. As was the discussion about them during the session.

Laura said:
Q: (L) One thing I noticed about this last little set of books that I ended up on by following my nose... It was like following bread crumbs. I ended up with this Samenow, and then the Developmental Trauma book. It seems to me that these two approaches, which pretty much focus on making the changes in the now and not so much focusing on what's wrong, are probably the most practical expressions of what we have been calling The Work - as in Gurdjieffian stuff – that we’ve ever encountered. It's like we've gone through book after book after book, each one adding a bit to the picture. But this has brought it down to such a simple, practical level that almost nobody can miss it. My feeling is that something very profound is going to come out of this particular little experiment that we're doing.

A: Indeed. All in your group should read these books in order to jump start the necessary processes for achieving receivership capability. Those who have been blocked up to the present will find unblocking therein if they are able to receive.

I'm sorry if I'm nosy but I'm really intrigued by the "following bread crumbs" reference. If it's OK to ask, how specifically did this process happen?

Joe said:
Mandrak said:
In my view, the right movement is much closer to Nazism than leftists. The right movement brings sympathy to Nazism, Fascism, Hitler, hatred of other religions/race, radical nationalism, chauvinism. Right movement has good sides, but there is a bad bottom layer that passes easy, uncritically.

It seems you haven't been paying attention. Today it is the radical left that are closely following the process that led to the rise of the Nazis and the Bolsheviks that led to Stalin and the death of 60 million Russians.

Mandrak said:
Or is it that there will be so many migrants, more numerous than the white natives? Or does this have nothing to do with migrants?
I would love if it is processed in more detail. Perhaps it was clear to the questioners or they just thought it was clear. But if it is clear, I think many need more about it.

Migrants in Europe and the US are being used to manipulate people of conscience and common sense to accept the same radical 'leftist' ideology that gave rise to the Nazis and Stalin. You have to keep your wits about you. The people who today call others 'Nazis' are themselves the Nazis.

I am very interested to learn more about the processes that resulted in all the atrocities of the 20th century. I was wondering what books would be best to read to get a clearer picture of that time?

I already have the Psychopathic God: Adolf Hitler and although I haven't read it yet it seems to be more focused on Hitler rather than the social and political processes.

Ant22 said:
I already have the Psychopathic God: Adolf Hitler and although I haven't read it yet it seems to be more focused on Hitler rather than the social and political processes.

It actually does go into good detail on the social/cultural/political processes in place before and during the rise of the Nazis.

LQB said:
Ant22 said:

It actually does go into good detail on the social/cultural/political processes in place before and during the rise of the Nazis.

Awesome, thank you LQB! I'll read it after HDT I'm still reading and The Righteous Mind that's next in the queue.

Renaissance said:
Instead of racial pride and nationalism, the big fanatics of our day use humanitarianism and compassion as a mask for their agenda.

I have seen in a few comments that there is awareness of something I want to warn: there are problems on both sides (right and left). I think that as people who are in the pursuit of spiritual development we must overcome (transcend) this kind of division and to be more careful.
For example, if someone sees that the "left" exploits compassion for control, he thinks that compassion should be blocked. Without compassion, the soul begins to be oriented more towards STS, more to cruelty.
So, many "rightists" sided with government in Myanmar defending crimes against civilians. They said there was no crime, Western media exaggerated to prepare US attack on Myanmar. Guess what - the United States is in good relations with Myanmar. And in some wars, suddenly war-criminals are good if there are Muslims on the other side. By the influence of the right movement, people lose objectivity and begin to see black and white, to wash the bloody hands of war-criminals. Self-correction does not exist and so mistakes are increasing (racism, vandalism, physical attacks...). Right movement has picked up various suspicious types, bloodthirsty, psychopaths. And no one says, "No, no, that's too much, be decent, be a human being." That is why I want to be out of this and to protect myself from stampede and mass inertia.
Do not forget, fighting for this world, about your soul. That's the main thing. "Oh, the Liberals will captivate the world, we have to stop them at all costs! We need the Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan, butchers, soccer hooligans ..."

"And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?" (Matthew 16:26)

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (Matthew 7)

Mark 13:22 "For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect." (confusion so great that even those who think they know a lot - are deceived)

Some interesting excerpts about the Semites:
Session 7 October 1995:
Q: (L) Okay, what is it about the Semitic genes that was considered to be so undesirable in the creation of this 'Master Race?'
A: Would blemish genetic characteristics inclined to ruthlessness and domination.

Session 24 September 1995:
A: It is not just between the Jews and Celts, if you will take notice. Besides, it is the individual aural profile that counts and not groupings or classifications.

Q: (L) Okay, what about the Semitic and Mediterranean peoples?
A: Each time a new flock was "planted," it was engineered to be best suited to the environment where it was planted. Aryans are the only exception, as they had to be moved to earth in an emergency.
Q: (L) If races are engineered on earth to be "best suited," what factors are being drawn from or considered regarding the Semitic race?
A: They are not engineered on earth, but in Orion lab as all others. They were "Planted" in the Middle East.

Session 31 May 1997:
Q: Was Abraham a Kantekkian or a derivation?
A: Latter. But, so are you.
Q: Were the Jews that were genetically engineered and then planted in the Middle East... what year was this?
A: 130,000 years ago.
Q: Good grief! Have they managed to retain any racial purity for that long?
A: No.

Session 20 October 2005:
Q: (Discussion of who are the Semites) (Galahad) So the real Semites are the Aryans?
A: You got it! (...)
(Perceval) Semites is like Middle Eastern, isn’t it?
A: Is it? Was it?

Thank you for the excellent session! :flowers:

Laura said:
shellycheval said:
Wow is right! A lot of deep info to digest--I will have to read this one over several times to take it all in and give each revelation its due before I start asking questions.
OK, except for one question--what is meant by "moral taste buds?"

I continue to work on the readings and am having NuroOptimal brain training every five days. It all seems very positive for now.
Many thanks Laura and crew for continuing the adventure.

Moral tastebuds is an idea developed by Jonathan Haidt in "The Righteous Mind".

Here is the thread in which the book is discussed.

taratai said:
Thus, new Nazism will spread in the way that the majority doesn't expect - in the name of love and tolerance, accepting differences, helping the oppressed, lead by the young and beautiful into the pink/rainbow revolution of DESTRUCTION OF ANYONE THAT LOOKS AT THEM THE WRONG WAY.

So well said. Thank you Taratai. So much of the leftist ideology is being taught and acted upon in schools and corporate America and they really will seek to destroy you if you have a difference of opinion. I'm afraid the Damore and PragerU lawsuits against Google are just the beginning ... Thank God for Jordan Peterson doing what he is doing.

One interesting thing (out of hundreds) that came out of this session for me requires some explanation.

It was proposed awhile back that perhaps the left is just being used as a tool to provoke the right into violent, militant reaction to destroy Muslims and LGBTQIA. Reading between the lines on this session, including the information gained from reading Haidt, it appears that that hypothesis does not appear as likely as the Progressives themselves being the murder vanguard? I mean the Communists did kill a lot more innocent people in the 20th century than any Reactionary cause ever did... It also makes me wonder why the C's never came out and said that it was the Soviet Union that was the trial run and not the Nazis. The Progressive internationalist establishment (largely under the banner of the NATO Atlanticists) of this day does resemble the bureaucratic Brezhnevism of the mid-to-late Soviet Union.

Ant22 said:
I am very interested to learn more about the processes that resulted in all the atrocities of the 20th century. I was wondering what books would be best to read to get a clearer picture of that time?

The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl

Back
Top Bottom