Session 15 October 2016

Thanks very much for the session- I have been reading with interest all the comments, and makes me realize how lucky we are to have this Forum.

As to the "election" - I do not vote myself, have not for decades- I cannot help feeling we in the US are sitting on the proverbial powder keg waiting for the spark...it won't matter who "wins" we and the rest of the world will be in for it.

Joe said:
Laura said:
As for the Hillary/Trump thing, it seems hard to grok any rational purpose to bringing Hillary down from inside her own organization; or that it would be permitted by the war hawks or media which are obviously totally behind her.

Maybe the people trying to bring her down are within her own organization, but not acting in any official capacity, i.e. someone (or several people) with a grudge. They pass the info to wikileaks and it's out. There's not much they can do about that. I also think there's a large dose of wishful thinking going on here. The establishment figure they can secure the win for Hillary by manipulating voters with "anyone but Trump" and their connections within most of the mainstream media.

Maybe I'm placing too much faith in the average American voter, but it seems to me that it's at least possible that a lot of people in the US are aware or feel, at some level, that they're being manipulated by being 'forced' to vote for Hillary because "anyone but Trump".

As the adage goes, no matter who we vote for government always gets in. I wonder which government they were referring to.Would this explain what's really going on with this election?

Found recently at Zerohedge.com,
"Say hello to America’s shadow government.

A corporatized, militarized, entrenched bureaucracy that is fully operational and staffed by unelected officials who are, in essence, running the country, this shadow government represents the hidden face of a government that has no respect for the freedom of its citizenry.

No matter which candidate wins the presidential election, this shadow government is here to stay. Indeed, as recent documents by the FBI reveal, this shadow government—also referred to as “The 7th Floor Group”—may well have played a part in who will win the White House this year.

To be precise, however, the future president will actually inherit not one but two shadow governments.

The first shadow government, referred to as COG or Continuity of Government, is made up of unelected individuals who have been appointed to run the government in the event of a “catastrophe.” COG is a phantom menace waiting for the right circumstances—a terrorist attack, a natural disaster, an economic meltdown—to bring it out of the shadows, where it operates even now. When and if COG takes over, the police state will transition to martial law.

Yet it is the second shadow government—also referred to as the Deep State—that poses the greater threat to freedom right now. Comprised of unelected government bureaucrats, corporations, contractors, paper-pushers, and button-pushers who are actually calling the shots behind the scenes, this government within a government is the real reason “we the people” have no real control over our government."

No mention of the third possibility so far, the Consortium. Could the argument be made that elections are a circus designed to keep the masses placated and distracted from what's really going on? I think so. The article has links to Bill Moyers' site (_http://billmoyers.com/2014/02/21/anatomy-of-the-deep-state/ ) which goes into a little more detail on the topic and the rest of the posting above can be found at these links,

The Path To Total Dictatorship: America's Shadow Government And Its Silent Coup
_http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-24/path-total-dictatorship-americas-shadow-government-and-its-silent-coup
Submitted by John Whitehead via The Rutherford Institute,
_https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/the_path_to_total_dictatorship_americas_shadow_government_and_its_sile

But wait! It gets better. Also recently found at Zerohedge,

"Executive Orders For Sale": Leaked Email Shows Hillary Auctioning Off 'Laws' To The Highest Bidder
Authored by The Daily Sheeple's Melissa Dykes vis SHTFPlan.com,
_http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-25/executive-orders-sale-leaked-email-shows-hillary-auctioning-laws-highest-bidder

Are we in the Kali Yuga yet?

Laura said:
I think it is interesting how many people are hearing or sensing strange nocturnal creatures; perhaps it is a sign of the veil thinning.

On that topic, I had a strange experience like that several days ago here in NM. I went after dark to a place that has a sort of positive energy vortex, but this time it was just creepy. I haven't seen anything there, other than smelling something like rotten eggs and having a strong sense that something is going on there. The dogs were also barking all around the neighbourhood.

Thank you for the incredible session yet again! I'm really intrigued/frightened by the high strangeness events that seem to be appearing more frequently to everyone on the forum. For the past 2 months, I've been obsessing over high strangeness lore lately via podcasts, Youtube channels, John Keel books and articles on Sott. The little mothman that you encountered is incredibly freaky and I'm glad no one decided to investigate while it was "teething" on the tree outside! I'm sorry to hear about Timethoes and Alana's dog and wish you both the best! Thank you all again for the session and I hope you all can stay safe as the weirdness ensues!

I got caught up on this thread today. Thank you for this session, it was really information packed! I'm sorry to hear about your dog Timótheos and Alana, and hope your knee recovers quickly Laura! Take care everyone! :)

Neil said:
Ultimately the totalitarianism that would be required to maintain Trump's grip would not be so much different than that being planned by Hillary's globalists, the difference is in the execution, and people may be more inclined to believe in Trump's particular brand of it. I don't know if this is more amenable to 4D goals or not, and as the Cassiopaeans said, there are too many variables to speculate if any of this will even happen.

Regarding the 4D STS goals and what some others in this thread have indicated about same, it sounds like the ideal for 4D STS would be to bring about circumstances where people accede to totalitarian controls as freely as can be arranged. Though a Hillary presidency may ultimately bring about the same kinds of controls, if the public is not as generally willing to go along with it then those "energies" are less available to 4D, whereas with a Trump-based outcome, if there's more support behind him (as the C's may help to indicate) then that would be more of a success for 4D as it would show that people are more willing to consent to totalitarianism via Trump.

Laura said:
(L) Doesn't matter. The people hate Trump less than Hillary.

(Joe) That's what we don't know. Right now, what are the odds that Trump will actually win?

A: Good.

I've been grappling with how to approach the upcoming electing for a while, bearing these kinds of things in mind, and I think Kika may have the right idea.

Kika said:
In the elections, we are giving up our freedoms and our rights, and therefore the duties and obligations (obviously some kind of laziness, "my problem go to someone else") to decide on our lives and the lives of our children. This right and our freedom we give to someone (anyone, everyone who managed to get to the end, to vote, corresponding to the purpose and intent), we give our consent.
Coming out to the polls and vote, agree and commit ourselves to listen and obey the commands and laws that will make these persons.
Therefore, the subsequent protests and appeals have no effect, an agreement was made and it should be respected.

In choosing to vote for someone to act on our behalf, we're essentially committing to that individual and their ambitions/goals. I know that a common sentiment when it comes to voting is to the effect of, "if I don't choose X, things'll be even worse under Y", when that's really just implicitly agreeing with whatever "X" is all about.

Neil said:
On the tattoo issue, I've always considered them a bit unnatural and I am usually quite wary of people who have them because they make me uncomfortable. In the past I've tried to ignore or suppress it because I wanted to be tolerant and thought it was some kind of "conservative bias" resulting from growing up in a small town in the American South. Now I wonder if there were some psychic impressions attached to them that I couldn't quite resolve but nevertheless felt. To me tattoos were a form of "branding" and by getting one you were essentially owned by whatever idea that tattoo represented. There are some women who had roses or butterflies which were ok, but I didn't think they really added anything to her body. Most of the time the artwork seems kind of degenerate and not really pretty at all.

I once briefly toyed with the idea of getting a triskelle tattoo in my late teens when I was going through a sort of Celtic phase. My conscious intent was to get the tattoo to identify and align with that energy. In the end, the thought of what it might look like in 40 years and my objection to the thought of being "branded" made me reject the idea.

The tattoo subject is an interesting one. I too once toyed with the idea of it, but never committed to it. People get tattoos for all sorts of reasons, with the essential act underpinning the act being that one is aligning oneself with certain kinds of realities in a (semi-)permanent fashion. While we might ultimately outgrow certain realities, maybe tattoos serve to anchor us to them?

The Cs know that if trump is elected he WILL try and change foreign policy either he has tried it as president in the future or on a different timeline.

Thank you all for an awesome session and discussion.
Laura
The main purpose of singing and reciting to them [our crystals] is for YOU to get in tune, not to charge or re-charge the crystals. That is to say, if everyone is doing it, it produces frequency resonance. that feeds through the crystals to each and every member of the network.
I have been thinking of my crystals this way--as sort of communicators to stay connected with each others and the Cs.
I remember that old technology radios used crystals somehow in the transmission of signals--is that right?

Neil
Ultimately the totalitarianism that would be required to maintain Trump's grip would not be so much different than that being planned by Hillary's globalists, the difference is in the execution,
which is why I have decided to vote my conscience for Jill Stein and go on the record as choosing neither of the current evils. Hopefully doing so will contribute a little to creating some media discussion that perhaps finally enough people are ready for a change from the two party system--which, if it came to pass, would ultimately also be corrupted and controlled by the PTB. :( I guess we should write-in "The Giant Comet" after all to ensure any real change, but I am pretty sure it will arrive eventually without our "help."

The discussion of our 2-D companions was touching. It comforts me to hear how the Cs are aware of and value even the smallest entities. Sorry for your loss Timethoes and Alana--take care.

shellycheval said:
Neil
Ultimately the totalitarianism that would be required to maintain Trump's grip would not be so much different than that being planned by Hillary's globalists, the difference is in the execution,
which is why I have decided to vote my conscience for Jill Stein and go on the record as choosing neither of the current evils. Hopefully doing so will contribute a little to creating some media discussion that perhaps finally enough people are ready for a change from the two party system--which, if it came to pass, would ultimately also be corrupted and controlled by the PTB. :( I guess we should write-in "The Giant Comet" after all to ensure any real change, but I am pretty sure it will arrive eventually without our "help."
Since I work for county government, I usually vote because I have skin in the game so to speak. If you're going to vote, might as well fill in all of the boxes or someone else will. I considered voting for Trump, since it seems he will be used as a force for good in the grand scheme of things more or less unconsciously, but I maintain that in any sort of sane world someone like Trump would be nowhere near the presidency. So I saw Jill Stein as a symbolic vote for sanity, for whatever that's worth.

I don't see how Trump can do what he wants without declaring himself king, which in itself might not be a bad thing. There have been discussions in the past about how monarchy is the most efficient form of government, IF you can find a good king. If not, it is the worst. Putin and Xi are aware of this and have been consolidating power in order to clean out the psychopaths to the point that their countries are effectively constitutional monarchies, in my opinion. I'm sure that Trump is watching and this ties into his plan to "drain the swamp." Nothing will rally the masses behind you more than dragging the oppressors through the mud on the way to a public hanging. At this point I would expect the globalists to crash the world economy and blame it on Trump to try and distract attention from themselves and regroup. Some may end up shooting themselves in the foot though, because Trump has warned about the Fed rigging the economy and is expecting it to crash. There was a meme to "hang the bankers" in 2009, and if Trump can channel that anger to criminally prosecute some executives at the megabanks, the masses will worship him. If Trump isn't assassinated by that point, he may have some degree of protection, because the PTB would risk making a martyr out of him, starting a revolution and leading to the very real possibility that they might be dragged out of their mansions and strung from the nearest lamppost if they can't get to their secret bunkers in time. Amidst the backdrop of economic collapse and political infighting, Trump may have enough credibility to make himself King if he is still standing and "draining the swamp," but the most intelligent power brokers will stay in the shadows to manipulate Trump. All of that would be good and welcome, but here is where things take a wrong turn. Assuming that the Cassiopaeans' Beast of Revelation timeline still has validity, there's supposed to be some kind of cashless society implant type thing as a way to manage the economy post collapse. It would seem King Trump gets subsumed into the system somewhere along the line. They will play him and mold him into something they can use.

Putin might be smart enough to "save" him if he really wanted it, but it would require Trump to admit that he knows nothing and accept something of a subservient position where he just accepts Putin's policies and adapts them for American politics. Not likely behavior from a narcissist.

Neil said:
[...]
Since I work for county government, I usually vote because I have skin in the game so to speak. If you're going to vote, might as well fill in all of the boxes or someone else will. I considered voting for Trump, since it seems he will be used as a force for good in the grand scheme of things more or less unconsciously, but I maintain that in any sort of sane world someone like Trump would be nowhere near the presidency. [...]

Yes it is very strange that we have gotten to a point, that actually voting for a obviously pathological person (be it narcissistic, or worse) maybe could be considered to be a good thing from a broader perspective, because it increases the chances that the system will collapse faster through that grand stupidity "on top", while making it clear to most of the world what US and their shadow people really are, through smart actions of people and networks in key positions that have a conscience and are willing to use this to the advantage of humanity.

That whole situation is utterly and completely bizarre.

Yes, bizarre, but beautifully so... I'd say about 100 x.... X's and O's... don't you think? Imagine moving to a sane country after growing up here and getting used to all this crap... now that would be totally bizarre! :scared:

I'm just catching up the discussion here and it's been really interesting.

Jennifer said:
Thankyou for the session everyone, Alana and Timotheus I am so sorry to hear about your puppy I hope you are both ok.

I found it very interesting what Andromeda said about dreams and past memories coming up, last night I sang and read to my crystals and had a dream about some people from my past, maybe 5/6 years ago that I had hurt, in the dream I got to see what I did, but had the opportunity to apologize to them. Ever since I received my crystals I have noticed that I can remember my dreams in more detail and they seem to have more depth to them.

Thanks again :flowers:

I see that many other members have been having this kind of experiences regarding people/issues from the past. I've been having the same. For me it is as if memories have been coming up from times and situations in the past, but they seem to come up in different way, as if they bring more understanding, forgiveness and also lessons that can be learn from each of them.

I also had a dream similar to the one you tell. It was about a group of girlfriends at school and it was truly amazing to me because it was almost if I dreamed about each of the them and saw them from a different perspective which I could never see before. I saw them in a more compassionate way, as if I could understand where they where coming from when they did some things that hurt me, and so I could understand and forgive them. And I could also understand how I could have hurt them in some instances. It was a liberating dream.

Alana said:
Anam Cara said:
What is distressing is the thought that it was because of our mismatched frequencies that resulted in his untimely passing. He was only 6 months old and I wonder what kind of long and happy life he might have had if his was paired with a more suitable family. It goes to show how a lack of awareness can quickly turn to disaster and we must bear responsibility for that.

I don't think you ought to feel too guilty about this Tim. Hugs to you and Alana :hug2:. It does seem to raise the issue as to what our real intentions are in making such decisions perhaps? Is it to make us feel wanted and needed or are we truly acting in the best interests of the pet concerned? It may take a period of time to determine if there are any incompatibility issues (mismatched frequencies), then the lesson would seem to be in finding a new home for our pet, despite any sense of attachment we may feel towards it?

Ysus said:
Thank you for the session and so sorry to hear about the dog's passing. Interesting that you both thought of taking the dog back initially. Reminds me to pay attention to warning signs, which often occur early in situations.

Yes, we did both voice on a couple of occasions at the beginning that he might have been more than we could handle, but instead of listening to each other and this internal voice, we listened to the other one that said, "we will try harder, if we are presented with this challenge we have to face it, it is perhaps another lesson we have to learn". Thinking of taking him back was felt as doing him disservice. But it was disservice to him that we kept him, because we did not consider the real needs he had or that we would not be able to meet them. A lesson still.

adam7117 said:
As you well know, our existence here, by its very definition is filled with lapses of awareness and this is how we learn and grow. Otherwise, we would be in a different density. Those lessons are valuable and may even help others in their struggles - in fact, this is happening right now and your lesson is having an impact on the rest of the group; we are all learning from this.

That's the only thing that gives me some hope from this event. It is an invaluable lesson, a lesson I don't wish on any of you. I am very sad to hear that two of our members also face now a similar situation. I only hope that you all learn along with us, and if our very painful lesson prevents such a situation from happening again, then our puppy's untimely death was not in vain.

Thank you all for your support. :hug2: :love:

I'm so sorry for your loss Alana and Timótheos, I can imagine what a sad experience this is and certainly a hard lesson to learn. But it's true, thanks to this very sad experience, we all have a little more awareness on something that we could not imagine (or at least I couldn't).

Since I read the session, I have been wondering whether I'm a good match for the new puppy I've got or not. And what you wrote above rings a bell for me. I've been wanting to have a dog for a while, but I always thought that considering how busy I am and that I live in a very small place, it wouldn't be good for a dog to live with me. After some time of considering the idea, I finally decided that I wanted a dog and so I was looking for one and I started scanning some websites where people offer dogs for adoption. I decided to wait some more, but then I saw the picture of a puppy with a sign saying "adopt me, I'm already big", and I decided I wanted to adopt it.

Honestly, I doubted from the very beginning, because I still doubt that a dog can be happy in a small place with a busy person that won't be able to play all the time and all that. Sometimes I still feel that way, although she seems to be quite happy. She's 2 months old and has been with me for 3 weeks, yet, she lets me know when she wants to go potty from the very beginning, she sits when I say sit and stays when I say stay. She's very friendly with everyone, especially children, but she's very afraid of other dogs. She's super affectionate as well.

But still, I can't help but wonder if it is the right place for her. I've been thinking that, even though she learns quite fast and she seems to cause little trouble, she does ask for attention and I start to worry about being able to give her the attention she needs. Then I say "ok, this is just a challenge that I must deal with and I will learn something valuable", just as you said. Also, she's so young, she will require more attention now that she's a puppy and that's part of the experience. Another thing, I tend to be a worrier, so sometimes I think I'm just worrying too much... she's fine. But, again, how do we know for sure?

So, considering this, I think this lesson it's also about learning to "read" the subtle messages in reality. What I realise is that it is indeed very difficult because many things get mixed up. I my case, my worrier tendency can be at play, but it can also be awareness that in fact it isn't the best place for her. Then emotions get mixed up since we become attached and we want to try to give the best we can. Well... I guess that can be extrapolated to many other areas of life where it becomes hard to see things as they are because we aren't aware enough... and this is where networking is sooooooo important. So this is one of the things I'm already learning thanks to this experience with Leia, my puppy, and your experience. Still trying to figure out what is best, though.

I hope that you find the right companion for you. :hug2:

Pashalis said:
Laura said:
Eboard10 said:
Laura said:
As for the Hillary/Trump thing, it seems hard to grok any rational purpose to bringing Hillary down from inside her own organization; or that it would be permitted by the war hawks or media which are obviously totally behind her. Well, I was thinking back over some things the Cs said and some things that Ra said a long time ago. Cs basically said that the turmoil that was coming was designed to get people to accept totalitarian dominance. Ra said something about it being necessary for the masses to CHOOSE and that the STS have to manipulate acceptance to come out openly. Something along that line, anyway. Maybe somebody can find the passage. So, what if Trump is that totalitarian ruler that the masses have to choose en masse? What if it is Hillary who is the "really bad choice" that is being put up next to Trump to make him look good? Rather than Trump being put next to Hillary to maker HER look good?

I dunno. It just all seems like something very deeply evil is going on.

Yes, it's hard to see it that way when the mainstream media keeps on demonising Trump so much. The only way I see them supporting Trump is that his overt personality and straightforward talk about "delicate" topics will drive a lot of media attention which can add to all the current distractions and let the players behind the scenes continue with their imperialistic plans, or so they think. Maybe the war hawks still prefer Hillary to win but think that if Trump were to become the next President they can keep him in line by blackmailing him if necessary. Just a thought.

Well, I thought about that awhile and since the whole country is pretty disgusted with the PTB, maybe this is the way that 4D STS has planned it? Maybe it's like Protocol 12 about the press, only here about politics: they create the opposition that appears in all ways to be legit, but in fact, is just as controlled as the ones we know about.

I don't know if I made that entirely clear, I just don't think that Trump is as much of a thorn in their flesh as they make him out to be. And if the masses, of their own free will, elect him, knowing everything about him that we know, they they have ASKED for whatever comes afterward: blatant fascism, possibly rule by fiat.

I also get that feeling. I think what it comes down to is what Pierre posted here. It is a battle for our minds, or more explicitly for our sanity. I mean the situation has gotton so bad in the US (and the rest of the western world, at least), that we are on a point now where people actually start to rally and believe in a guy like Trump (although there is plenty of evidence that points to a quite pathological person) because they think that this is a good decision in order that Killary doesn't get (s)elected.

Although that might be partly true, since the empire can be more easily exposed by a guy like Trump "on top", I think it is fairly dangerous to watch his speeches, debates and actions without a detached point of view, since you start to find yourself getting pushed to root for a guy like that.

I personally would never in good conscience vote for Trump, let alone support anything he says, since it seems to me that this election is designed (from 4D maybe) for people to excuse and support pathology on a mass scale, and/or as you suggested above, support the totalitarian rule.

Just look at "his" vice president "choice" Mike Pence. He is obviously a typical neocon type person, like Dick Cheney. That says a lot IMO.

If it is essentially a battle for our minds and sanity (which it very much looks like), we should IMO be very careful on what we actually "support", excuse or root for there. It might even be a big soul/energy hunt we witness there, that is designed to lure people into a pathological mindset, that is best described by Lobaczewski in his book "Political Ponerology".

So from my standpoint, the best approach is to watch that election show from a position, as detached as possible from the outside, as a sort of experience or experiment of mass indoctrination of people and to make sure that I don't fall for it as well, since in the end what is at stake probably is my conscience, sanity and soul. Probably also the lives of many innocent people are at stake as well. So I really can't and won't support, or get lured into, that trap.

Pashalis said:
Neil said:
[...]
Since I work for county government, I usually vote because I have skin in the game so to speak. If you're going to vote, might as well fill in all of the boxes or someone else will. I considered voting for Trump, since it seems he will be used as a force for good in the grand scheme of things more or less unconsciously, but I maintain that in any sort of sane world someone like Trump would be nowhere near the presidency. [...]

Yes it is very strange that we have gotten to a point, that actually voting for a obviously pathological person (be it narcissistic, or worse) maybe could be considered to be a good thing from a broader perspective, because it increases the chances that the system will collapse faster through that grand stupidity "on top", while making it clear to most of the world what US and their shadow people really are, through smart actions of people and networks in key positions that have a conscience and are willing to use this to the advantage of humanity.

That whole situation is utterly and completely bizarre.

I agree.

It's another lesson of how much careful we must be and to check ourselves before jumping into conclusions. I was one that was starting to think about the idea that if Trump wins, things could get better than if Hillary wins. But then I read Laura's post about the possibility of Hillary being used to make Trump win and it does make sense to me. It all seems so confusing but when you see it from that perspective it actually makes some more sense... yet we still can't jump to conclusions, so we must "wait and see"... and either alternative seems to be better than the other in reality.

Divide By Zero said:
I was explaining the dynastic cycle and the dragons (comets) that come about the end of a cycle and I had a confusing time loop come up.

We have the cycles, coming up to where corruption is rampant. Then the comets come and clean house, for the birth of a new cycle.

It's been known that there is a 7200 year cycle with 3600 and 1800 year mini cycles as found in history / ice cores etc.

There's a set cycle of time when the Oort Cloud brings swarms of comets into our area. That is set in time.
However, somehow humanity mirrors this at the right time- becomes corrupt and brings its own destruction.

That was kind of confusing. If societies brought it upon them, how did it time with these cycles? Coincidence? I don't think so...

Remember the experiments on humans with electromagnetism? They could get people to go crazy in an isolated room, messing with the electrical fields.
Same for animals who can sense a storm or earthquake before it happens (due to electrical/magnetic changes).

The electric universe theory states that the universe is NOT electrically neutral. Bodies have charges and discharges in interactions with other bodies.

So, if this cycle comes about and brings electrical (and in result magnetic and ?gravitational? changes), the cycle itself could be inducing this chinese dynastic cycle! So, perhaps it's the environment that allows for this manipulation and corruption to build up and come to the boiling point as it has and will happen.

I don't see how it connects to the 309,000 year grand cycle though. But what a thought, that the cometary cycle could be the cause of the growing insanity and disconnect in this world! Like the movie Inception has kicks to exit dreams, could this cycle be a "kick" out of this dream we call 3d for those aware and listening?

Very interesting questions and remarks DBZ. It makes me think of the concept of General Law. Maybe this is how it manifests in a way. It's as if everything is actually connected throughout the cosmos and this cycles happen for a reason... maybe it is about recycling, expanding, contracting... Some move on, some stay, some get recycled. I don't know. These are ideas that are hard to grasp for me, but it's what I thought when reading your post.

Thanks for the session!!

Yas said:
Since I read the session, I have been wondering whether I'm a good match for the new puppy I've got or not. And what you wrote above rings a bell for me. I've been wanting to have a dog for a while, but I always thought that considering how busy I am and that I live in a very small place, it wouldn't be good for a dog to live with me. After some time of considering the idea, I finally decided that I wanted a dog and so I was looking for one and I started scanning some websites where people offer dogs for adoption. I decided to wait some more, but then I saw the picture of a puppy with a sign saying "adopt me, I'm already big", and I decided I wanted to adopt it.

Honestly, I doubted from the very beginning, because I still doubt that a dog can be happy in a small place with a busy person that won't be able to play all the time and all that. Sometimes I still feel that way, although she seems to be quite happy. She's 2 months old and has been with me for 3 weeks, yet, she lets me know when she wants to go potty from the very beginning, she sits when I say sit and stays when I say stay. She's very friendly with everyone, especially children, but she's very afraid of other dogs. She's super affectionate as well.

But still, I can't help but wonder if it is the right place for her. I've been thinking that, even though she learns quite fast and she seems to cause little trouble, she does ask for attention and I start to worry about being able to give her the attention she needs. Then I say "ok, this is just a challenge that I must deal with and I will learn something valuable", just as you said. Also, she's so young, she will require more attention now that she's a puppy and that's part of the experience. Another thing, I tend to be a worrier, so sometimes I think I'm just worrying too much... she's fine. But, again, how do we know for sure?

So, considering this, I think this lesson it's also about learning to "read" the subtle messages in reality. What I realise is that it is indeed very difficult because many things get mixed up. I my case, my worrier tendency can be at play, but it can also be awareness that in fact it isn't the best place for her. Then emotions get mixed up since we become attached and we want to try to give the best we can. Well... I guess that can be extrapolated to many other areas of life where it becomes hard to see things as they are because we aren't aware enough... and this is where networking is sooooooo important. So this is one of the things I'm already learning thanks to this experience with Leia, my puppy, and your experience. Still trying to figure out what is best, though.

I think that one of the most important things to do before getting a pet is to decide what you want, expect, and can give in the pet-human relationship. Then, think logically and coolly about the kind of dog that fits in that slot. You need to consider space available vs the size and energy of the dog. You need to consider your time available and how much you are at home. How much energy do YOU have to give?

Some people seem to have some "self image" fantasy of themselves and their trusty dog of one sort or another... maybe they read about such a dog in a book, or saw it in a movie, or somebody else had such a dog and it looked good. So, they imagine themselves with this type of dog without giving one minute of thought to the reality.

The worst thing I see over and over again is people trying to make house pets out of hunting type dogs. Herding dogs are great family dogs if you have the space for them. They don't do well in apartments or small places. They like to have work to do.

There are some very small dogs that are able to entertain themselves a good deal if provided for, that are okay in small places where the person has minimal time and energy to give, but still, the dog needs a person to BE THERE too. If you can't be there, don't torture a critter by locking them up alone in a house or apartment all day.

Remember that a pet is a companion - that means keeping each other company. So figure out what you like and do and find the dog that is the right fit.

Back
Top Bottom