Session 16 April 2016

suelarue said:
Thanks so much for another interesting session! :flowers:

Q: (Galatea) Why do people get migraines?

A: Defect in brain signaling.

Thanks for this question. As a frequent migraine sufferer, I'd be interested to know what causes the defect in brain signaling, and if there is anything we can do to correct or prevent it.

I wonder if drinking more salt water might help. Have you tried that? The idea being that salted water is a better conductor of electricity.

suelarue said:

Thanks for this question. As a frequent migraine sufferer, I'd be interested to know what causes the defect in brain signaling, and if there is anything we can do to correct or prevent it.

I can only talk about my own personal experience with migraines but I found that cutting out sugars, alcohol and refined carbs does the trick. Once I changed the diet to the point of not craving carbs anymore, the strong migraines I had been having on a regular basis for most of my life had completely disappeared, apart from the odd 1 or 2 ones I get every year from highly stressful situations, but they tend to be quite light and short lived. My 2 cents.

Joe said:
suelarue said:

I wonder if drinking more salt water might help. Have you tried that? The idea being that salted water is a better conductor of electricity.

Thanks, Joe. Yes, I do drink salt water in the morning when I get up (about 1/2 tsp of celtic sea salt), but maybe more would help. I stopped drinking it in the afternoon when I stopped the iodine since I had very similar reactions to what you experienced. I do believe there is a hormonal component to my migraines since they greatly increased once I started menopause, so it would seem that hormonal fluctuations can have an affect on brain signaling. :(

Thank you very much for another interesting and inspiring session! And for the interesting comments that already ensued :flowers:

Session said:
Q: (Galatea) Why have we all been so exhausted lately? And not just us, but people all over the world?

A: Earth changes bring many changes to humans that are energetic.

Interesting! I have been feeling pretty exhausted lately. Rather ascribed it to life changes - like a recent move into a new flat share and re-orientation on professional perspective. But many underlying themes I carried around with me for long time surfaced more as well - they want to be dealt with now. Else they give me headaches, tension in neck and shoulders and drain more energy. The last couple of weeks the feeling was like having had to push harder in order to keep my composure. But I do EE more regularly and also POTS in the form of seed meditation, with seven seed words - "focus" being one among them, but also "faith". Also, more smoking has been of help to me (before that, I smoked rather rarely).

When the "Valley of the Shadows" was mentioned, like Turgon it also reminded me of Psalm 23 which I had to memorize as a kid. Also, this phrase especially: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
The "rod and staff" I interpreted as the knowledge and network we have to help us trough individual and collective difficult times. In this vein I think we are the ones who bring forth the love and help the Cs mentioned - for each other and therefore also for ourselves. The thought, not to be alone in this "Valley of the Shadows" makes it less shadowy already :)

suelarue said:
Joe said:
suelarue said:

Thanks, Joe. Yes, I do drink salt water in the morning when I get up (about 1/2 tsp of celtic sea salt), but maybe more would help. I stopped drinking it in the afternoon when I stopped the iodine since I had very similar reactions to what you experienced. I do believe there is a hormonal component to my migraines since they greatly increased once I started menopause, so it would seem that hormonal fluctuations can have an affect on brain signaling. :(

I thought I'd throw this personal family migraine experience out there for anyone suffering from migraines.

My daughter started with migraines at the age of three. We went through the usual elimination of certain foods with the result being no foods were found that might seem to trigger these headaches. We looked into allergies, and came up negative on that also. At one point we did "try" some medication, but that did not work and as she was so young I was afraid of what might happen over long-term use.

Well, my daughter (who is now 36) would get these 'cluster headaches' that would strike in the middle of the night and last until either she vomited OR I could gently rub her back and talk softly to her telling her that she was a strong girl and the headache was leaving........ I was a very frustrated mom and was at a loss to come up with a solution for my girl. The headaches would usually strike one night each week.

At the age of 12, my young perfectionist (and she was that - frustrated when she could not do what she immediately set out to accomplish) was also one who hated to cry AND not only that, she could never stand it when I got sad or cried. So frustrated was I that on this particular night, after watching a movie with a couple of sad moments and having my daughter jump from her seat, stamping her foot saying "this movie is really stupid" I knew that I had to do/figure out something to help her. As I went to bed, I saidto my subconscious/guardian angel, that I would dream of what was the root cause of her migraines.

Surprisingly, in the morning, while cooking breakfast, something came to me in this weird flash of information. And, I then told my daughter that when she finally learned to CRY, she would be free of her headaches.

Within the year, her dad and I separated. She was terribly upset and angry with me. But this situation triggered something in her and She Began to Cry. And she cried a lot over the next few years. Since that time, she has rarely had a migraine. And if she does, she is able to overcome the pain in a few hours at the most.

So personally, I think that there can be multiple reasons for someone's medical issues. But I am going to tell her about the salted water -- just in case she ever needs to have an option, if a headache strikes.

Thanks for the information.

Thank you for the session. It was funny that I was in the Denver Airport today with time to spare. I bought 7 small crystal points Quartz, 3 amethyst , 2 Brazilian amber and citrine that I plan to clear and charge with Reiki. An hour or two later I read the session. How serendipitous! Life has been fun and working out in interesting ways lately. Lots less dropping stuff but I still do feel clumsy. Really watching my actions without so much prejudice. I feel like I am on the "right" track. And enjoying life moment by moment. I try to allow life to happen and flow by keeping an attitude of acceptance and gratitude. I feel more loving to the life I experience around me.

Thanks for the session everyone! :hug: As usual great info with just the right timing!

I was wondering though how would I know which type of crystal would be best for me? I ran a quick search and came up with this (http://www.peacefulmind.com/testyourself.htm). Would something like that be good enough or is this just newagey type stuff do ya think?

Back
Top Bottom