Session 21 September 2024

Thank you for the new session. The discussion was great.
It wondered about acetylcholine and why smokers are less likeable by 4d sts... If acetylcholine is created also when we learn new stuff, then it must be some "creative compound", if 4d sts feeds on suffering and also STS is not creative but entrophic, then it don't like anything what is creative as acetylcholine produced by smoking/learning/creativity :) ? Just wondering, not sure if it is in any way "true".

Thanks for the great session!!

It wondered about acetylcholine and why smokers are less likeable by 4d sts... If acetylcholine is created also when we learn new stuff, then it must be some "creative compound", if 4d sts feeds on suffering and also STS is not creative but entrophic, then it don't like anything what is creative as acetylcholine produced by smoking/learning/creativity :) ? Just wondering, not sure if it is in any way "true".

It's very interesting, the linkage of acetylcholine to mental blocking.. It made me think of - there's a part in Darkness Over Tibet where Illion, after having been living in the underground city for some time, eating their food etc, feels an extreme sort of brain fog. Then when he leaves for a while, goes out into the rain (if I recall correctly), it's like he gets magnetically reset, all the negative influence of that place is washed away and he's suddenly himself again.

Has anyone ever noticed this effect in their lives? I have, a very mild version of it: One side of my family are all a bit mentally unhealthy IMO. Nothing really bad or anything, they're pretty normal... But the other side I'd say are very mentally healthy (and most happen to be tobacco smokers BTW! None of the other side are)... Unfortunately for me, it's the unhealthy side who I live near and see regularly. They're always playing mind games with each other, they are not very self aware, hardly ever light-hearted, very self serious.. After a time of being with them, I find that mood rubbing off on me. It can last for a long time afterwards. Then when I go and visit the other side of my family sometimes, it's like a huge breath of fresh air. My wife and I have notice it every time. Afterwards, we say to each other "ahhh so that's what normal people are like, I remember now!". And for a while, it seems to innoculate us against the murky vibes of the other side of the family - when we see them we are no longer drawn into their world, etc etc... If that makes sense.

C.S. Lewis wrote a similar thing in his novel That Hideous Strength, IIRC. I don't have the quote to hand, will try to find it later if I can find my copy of the book. Basically the protagonist is drawn into the negative influence of a very negative organisation (with roots in C.S. Lewis's version of, basically, 4D STS). Later when he extricates himself from it and is back amongst the positively oriented normal people - his wife and friends - it's like he suddenly wakes up and realises that he hasn't been himself.

So anyway I don't know how acetylcholine works in all this, but this is what all the stuff about mental blocking made me think of. Not sure if it's exactly what the C's mean by "mental blocking", but... you can practise this in every day life when, for example - things I've been doing a lot of recently - you have to deal with serious things like, going into some office to do something official with government bureaucracy, or medical stuff in a hospital, etc - places you go where the vibe is heavy and dark. You can just choose NOT to feel heavy and dark and overly serious when in those places, and it makes it all way easier! Getting outside for a cigarette when you can certainly helps too :)

edit: just read the MENTAL BLOCKING thread and saw the entry from the Cassiopaea Glossary:
[...] Another aspect is to be internally certain and undivided. In aconfrontation, the attacking party generally expects some reaction, either aggression or backing out. In some cases, mental blocking can take the form of giving no response or an entirely unexpected response. The main idea is not to play by the same playbook as the adversary, thus breaking out of a pattern of expected reactions. [...]
Yess! Exactly. And this would make what you said karo, about acetylcholine being related to creativity, make sense. Because I think reacting to a confrontation in, basically, a non-programmed way = creativity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom