Session 30 August 2014

cheers for the session will definitely try the cold showers like others Ive no fat on me
when i get cold find it very hard to get the heat into me think ill try showers first for a start and move on to a bath
at a later stage.. really do love hot showers who doesn't but some things just have to be done
this will be a great test both physically and mentally

thanks again to all involved shine on and stay safe :cool2:

Alkhemist said:
Anthony said:
A: Connect the chakras for superstrength and resistance.

Q: (Approaching Infinity) Are there any more specific practical exercises we can do to connect chakras?

A: [letters come very rapidly] Talking and working out issues is the way to train the machine. But more than that, it is necessary to master the self and that requires suffering which turns on DNA.

Can someone help me understand this better? Is connecting the chakras the same as working with kundalini?

I'm a bit confused about how talking and working out issues helps connect chakras. I can see how it would be beneficial for the throat chakra, but I don't get the whole connection thing.

Any clarification would be appreciated! :)

Alkemist you are very right when mentioning kundalini. When you connecting chakras you do work with kundalini energy.
If you allow me I would like to share some of the pearls with you: "....Kundalini energy mixes below the Navel at the seat of the Kundalini, descends to the Root Chakra, spirals up Sushumna(the central column of the spine)to the pineal and pituitary glands in the brain, makes a double loop at the Throat Chakra , flows down the Heart Center, Navel and Root Chakra, and returns to its starting point. You can see that there are four cycles of Kundalini at the Vishuddha, the Throat Chakra. These two infinities at the throat chakra lock your words in time and the heavens.This chakra is the most important, though according to all the book knowledge the Ajna, the Sixth Chakra, is listed as most important. But the most important power of a person is the spoken word, both what you speak and how you speak. Ugly words are effective, and praises are effective. The idea of a human is to use grace , not negativity."
All credits goes to Masters- Yogi Bhajan Lecture 1999

I just want to add - look at Kundalini Research Institute...there are answers ..
Sat Nam
:guru:

Hey everyone,
check out "The Wim Hof Method". He is the iceman, he has a training course in cold exposure and the science is and has been done, it is really really interesting.This is from his home page website:
Wim Hof has developed the wim hof method characterized by simplicity and effectiveness. The effects and applicability of this method are being investigated by various scientific institutes, including the Radboud University in Nijmegen (The Netherlands). Initial results have shown that the method appears to affect the autonomous nervous system and the immune system. This means that application of the Wim Hof Method (WHM) may be of particular importance in the fields of public health, sports and at many other levels.

Exploring Wim Hofs website, I think I will get his book, he talks about the health and immune system benefits of cold exposure training as well as human potential transformation. Breathing training is a first step he talks about.
And following a study that concludes extreme temperatures influence the brains state.

Heat Synch: Inter- and Independence of Body-Temperature Fluctuations and Brain-State Alternations in Urethane-Anesthetized Rats
Tara A. Whitten , Laura J. Martz , Anthony Guico , Nicole Gervais , Clayton T. Dickson
Journal of NeurophysiologyPublished 1 September 2009Vol. 102no. 3, 1647-1656DOI: 10.1152/jn.00374.2009

In the present study, although we found that coupling certainly existed, the relationship between body temperature and brain state was not absolute. For example, with certain manipulations we were able to maintain temperature fluctuations in the absence of brain-state alternations and inversely to maintain brain-state alternations in the absence of temperature fluctuations. The finding that state appears to lead temperature fluctuations in the constant-temperature experiments could reflect the fact that when a strong thermal signal is present, temperature can influence the endogenous brain-state rhythm, whereas in the absence of strong peripheral temperature signals, the spontaneous alternations of brain state can influence core body temperature.

I am still looking into the tremoring or shivering, as a goal for cold exposure, but other methods of inducing tremors, there is something to it, is any one interested in this? I can start a new thread if so.

stella maris said:
Alkhemist said:
Anthony said:
A: Connect the chakras for superstrength and resistance.

Q: (Approaching Infinity) Are there any more specific practical exercises we can do to connect chakras?

A: [letters come very rapidly] Talking and working out issues is the way to train the machine. But more than that, it is necessary to master the self and that requires suffering which turns on DNA.

Can someone help me understand this better? Is connecting the chakras the same as working with kundalini?

I'm a bit confused about how talking and working out issues helps connect chakras. I can see how it would be beneficial for the throat chakra, but I don't get the whole connection thing.

Any clarification would be appreciated! :)

Alkemist you are very right when mentioning kundalini. When you connecting chakras you do work with kundalini energy.
If you allow me I would like to share some of the pearls with you: "....Kundalini energy mixes below the Navel at the seat of the Kundalini, descends to the Root Chakra, spirals up Sushumna(the central column of the spine)to the pineal and pituitary glands in the brain, makes a double loop at the Throat Chakra , flows down the Heart Center, Navel and Root Chakra, and returns to its starting point. You can see that there are four cycles of Kundalini at the Vishuddha, the Throat Chakra. These two infinities at the throat chakra lock your words in time and the heavens.This chakra is the most important, though according to all the book knowledge the Ajna, the Sixth Chakra, is listed as most important. But the most important power of a person is the spoken word, both what you speak and how you speak. Ugly words are effective, and praises are effective. The idea of a human is to use grace , not negativity."
All credits goes to Masters- Yogi Bhajan Lecture 1999

I just want to add - look at Kundalini Research Institute...there are answers ..
Sat Nam
:guru:

Hello stella maris,

It may be useful to remember - there are many theories regarding "Kundalini" although none of which seem to be objectively verifiable... so it is difficult for any of us to be certain about something so obscure.

Are you familiar with In Search Of The Miraculous by G. I. Gurdjieff? In this book G mentions the force of "Kundalini" briefly :

"In reality Kundalini is the power of imagination, the power of fantasy, which takes the place of a real function. When a man dreams instead of acting, when his dreams take the place of reality, when a man imagines himself to be an eagle, a lion, or a magician, it is the force of Kundalini acting in him. Kundalini can act in all centres and with its help all the centres can be satisfied with the imaginary instead of the real. A sheep which considers itself a lion or a magician lives under the power of Kundalini.
Kundalini is a force put into men in order to keep them in their present state. If men could really see their true position and could understand all the horror of it, they would be unable to remain where they are even for one second. They would begin to seek a way out and they would quickly find it, because there is a way out; but men fail to see it simply because they are hypnotized. Kundalini is the force that keeps them in a hypnotic state. ′To awaken′ for man means to be ′dehypnotized.′ In this lies the chief difficulty and in this also lies the guarantee of its possibility, for there is no organic reason for sleep and man can awaken."

When I first read the above, I was very interested by what G had said and he seemed to take the opposite stance to everything I had previously read about this mysterious force.
Here is a thread dedicated to "Kundalini" - http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,4154.0.html

I have been doing cool showers for about a week now. Here in Southwest Florida, during summertime, it is impossible to get cold water from the faucet. So, for now, it is cool showers for me. Needless to say, there isn't any discomfort assoiciated with a cool shower in Florida in summer. No shivering either. It is refreshing and a nice change from the usual hot showers.

When the winter months come though, I'll be able to experience the discomfort of a COLD shower!

Thank you for the session Laura and crew.

Haven't posted anything since introducing myself a couple years ago so hello again!

When I started taking cold showers I noticed my face seemed to be making more saliva then usual. Not sure what that means if it is something to be concerned with. Pretty sure I used to get that from swimming but I figured it was from drinking the water at the time. Haven't gone swimming for years now that I think about it. The water only gets down to about 21 c here at the moment which just seems a little cool after the shock wears off. Only have been doing this for a week so far.

Thanks 4 another great session, with all the important as well as the correct questions. Most excellent. And, Learning :grad:

stella maris said:

Actually, no, that is not correct. You are assuming that "connecting chakras" is a self-centered activity when the Cs intend it as a group activity. For example, in discussing how Stonehenge worked in ancient times:

8 Dec 1996
Q: (L) What was the technique used within the circle to
receive the information telepathically? [Planchette spiralled
in, and spiralled out.]
A: Transcendent focused thought wave separation.
Q: (L) OK, so that you're saying that moving in a spiral...
A: The spiral serves to translate message by slowing down the
wave and focusing thought wave transference energy. Utilizes
/transduces electromagnetic waves, the conduit, by breaking
down signal from universal language of intent into language
of phonetic profile. This is for multiple user necessity.
Q: (L) Multiple user necessity implies that a number of people
must do the spiral. Is that correct?
A: No. Must hear and feel and understand precisely the same
thing. The molecular structure of the rock, when properly
sculpted sing to you.

19 Feb 2000:
Q: What was the connection between the Hyperboreans, including the Celts of Britain, I believe, and the people of Delos?
A: Northern peoples were responsible for civilising the Meditteranean/Adriatic peoples with the encoded secrets contained within their superior extra-terrestrially based genetic arrangement. Practice of which you speak was multi-trans-generational habit.
Q: Is it the case that some of them communicated with higher density beings via Stonehenge, and that these communications they received...
A: Stonehenge used to resonate with tonal rill, teaching the other wise unteachable with wisdoms entered psychically through crown chakra transceiving system.

stella maris said:
If you allow me I would like to share some of the pearls with you:

Pearls or poison?

Laura said:
stella maris said:

Actually, no, that is not correct. You are assuming that "connecting chakras" is a self-centered activity when the Cs intend it as a group activity. For example, in discussing how Stonehenge worked in ancient times:

8 Dec 1996
Q: (L) What was the technique used within the circle to
receive the information telepathically? [Planchette spiralled
in, and spiralled out.]
A: Transcendent focused thought wave separation.
Q: (L) OK, so that you're saying that moving in a spiral...
A: The spiral serves to translate message by slowing down the
wave and focusing thought wave transference energy. Utilizes
/transduces electromagnetic waves, the conduit, by breaking
down signal from universal language of intent into language
of phonetic profile. This is for multiple user necessity.
Q: (L) Multiple user necessity implies that a number of people
must do the spiral. Is that correct?
A: No. Must hear and feel and understand precisely the same
thing. The molecular structure of the rock, when properly
sculpted sing to you.

19 Feb 2000:
Q: What was the connection between the Hyperboreans, including the Celts of Britain, I believe, and the people of Delos?
A: Northern peoples were responsible for civilising the Meditteranean/Adriatic peoples with the encoded secrets contained within their superior extra-terrestrially based genetic arrangement. Practice of which you speak was multi-trans-generational habit.
Q: Is it the case that some of them communicated with higher density beings via Stonehenge, and that these communications they received...
A: Stonehenge used to resonate with tonal rill, teaching the other wise unteachable with wisdoms entered psychically through crown chakra transceiving system.

stella maris said:
If you allow me I would like to share some of the pearls with you:

Pearls or poison?

I expected a negative response since Kundalini is a Taboo and it will remain for some time. If it is a pearl or poison it is up to you to discover..experience and practice will take the veil and the fear. For those who are not ready better to wait until they are.One way or the other we will all reach our destination.

stella maris said:
I expected a negative response since Kundalini is a Taboo and it will remain for some time. If it is a pearl or poison it is up to you to discover..experience and practice will take the veil and the fear. For those who are not ready better to wait until they are.One way or the other we will all reach our destination.

:wrongbar: :bye:

Prometeo said:
Thanks for the session.

My question is, with an upcoming ice age who needs cold protocols :P

Or maybe that's why they are needed.

Multifaceted effects Prometeo, if this helps. :cool2: Look out Eboli coming at you.

5 Things Cold Baths & Showers Can Do for You That Hot Ones Can’t

If you're anything like me, your day doesn't start until you've sloughed away your grogginess with a scalding hot shower. That perfectly-heated water can clear stuffed sinuses, relax the muscles, and make pretty much anyone feel squeaky clean. However, a cold shower can do even more for you if you can stand the low temperatures.

Cold Showers Can Help Fight Colds & Flus
According to a study conducted by a group of immunologists and physiologists from the Czech Republic, men who immersed themselves in 57°F (14°C) water three times each week for six weeks uncovered a few changes. Aside from goosebumps, the biggest change the researchers saw was an increase in white blood cells.

With their power to consume pathogens, eliminate bacteria, and fight viruses and toxins, white blood cells keep you feeling your best while boosting your immune system's defenses So, if you're prone to getting the sniffles, try taking a cold dip in the tub, or swap out your warm showers for cooler ones three times per week.

Cold Showers Can Improve Blood Circulation
Though it might feel like your entire body tightens up under the spray of icy water, attempting to crawl inside itself for warmth, that feeling is exactly what makes cold showers so good for you.

When your body is hit with cold water, your veins physically shrink under the skin. This tightening, called vasoconstriction, forces your blood to flow through smaller, narrower spaces at a higher pressure. Your body is trying to keep your most important organs warm, and in order to do so, it needs to get blood moving as quickly as possible.

As a result, your entire body's circulation improves, and improved circulation will keep your body running at its best.

As our bodies attempt to get warm in the chilly water, our immune system kicks into action. As it revs up, more white blood cells are released. This increased number of white blood cells floating through your bloodstream can then help you ward off colds, the flu, and other common sicknesses.

Cold Showers Can Help You Lose Those Extra Pounds

You might already know that shaking your way through a horror flick can help you lose a few pounds, but changing the temperature of your morning shower might help your diet even more. In fact, according to research conducted by Dr. Paul Lee, an endocrinologist at the Garvan Institute in Australia, shivering for just 10 to 15 minutes can offer some of the same benefits as your daily workout.

In addition to helping you shake your way skinny, cold showers also raise your body's good fat. Dr. Lee's research also found that showering in cooler temperatures increases individuals' brown fat while reducing the amount of unhealthy white fat. Unlike calorie-laden white fat, brown fat helps burn energy. While shivering away during your morning shower won't cure obesity, it can help you turn bad fat good.

Shevchuk also believes the shock we feel as cold water hits our skin has something to do with this: "The possible antidepressant effect may also have to do with the mild electroshock delivered to the brain by a cold shower, because of the unusually high density of cold receptors in the skin." With its extra dense and super sensitive nerve endings, our skin registers water's temperature almost immediately when it hits us. As a result, our bodies and brains feel a little jolt.

So, the next time you shriek in surprise at the water's freezing temperature, just remember that two-second event could improve your entire day.
_http://mind-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/5-things-cold-baths-showers-can-do-for-you-hot-ones-can-t-0156221/

3 Edits: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• White Blood Cells Red Blodd Cells Platelets and Plasma.jpg
    White Blood Cells Red Blodd Cells Platelets and Plasma.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Cold-Baths-Showers--.jpg
    Cold-Baths-Showers--.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 287
Prometeo said:
Thanks for the session.

My question is, with an upcoming ice age who needs cold protocols :P

Or maybe that's why they are needed.

Yes, as with coping to have no sugar, coffee or bread ...

M.T.

gottathink said:
I don't think it's shivering. I wonder if the shaking is a neurogenic tremor which is a mammalian stress release response , trauma release exercises bring this on also and my work with clients through a reiki type energy work has been inducing tremors in people over the past year and a half. Have a look at Peter Levines work and that of David Bercelli both have been mentioned in this forum. Neurogenic tremoring is the most powerful self healing tool for stress, pain and tension I have ever come across. Huge complement to EE. Big changes that really are significant, people report feeling calmer, have more clarity and don't get wound up about the things they used to. I have experienced this also.

This is something I've been considering as well. Regarding neurogenic tremors, I found this interesting video on bioenergetic stretches, some of which are designed to induce shaking in order to release what the author calls "neurotic holding patterns". I've checked out a few of his videos, and he seems to base his theory on the work of Alexander Lowen. I'd like to know your thoughts on this kind of self-trauma release, if you have any.

https://youtu.be/zD-3j2g9w9U

Carl said:
gottathink said:
I don't think it's shivering. I wonder if the shaking is a neurogenic tremor which is a mammalian stress release response , trauma release exercises bring this on also and my work with clients through a reiki type energy work has been inducing tremors in people over the past year and a half. Have a look at Peter Levines work and that of David Bercelli both have been mentioned in this forum. Neurogenic tremoring is the most powerful self healing tool for stress, pain and tension I have ever come across. Huge complement to EE. Big changes that really are significant, people report feeling calmer, have more clarity and don't get wound up about the things they used to. I have experienced this also.

This is something I've been considering as well. Regarding neurogenic tremors, I found this interesting video on bioenergetic stretches, some of which are designed to induce shaking in order to release what the author calls "neurotic holding patterns". I've checked out a few of his videos, and he seems to base his theory on the work of Alexander Lowen. I'd like to know your thoughts on this kind of self-trauma release, if you have any.

Interesting you say this is a huge complement to EE. I had one of David Bercelli's videos in my possession a while back and worked on the exercises which certainly do produce pronounced shaking and tremors. The difference between these and my experience with EE is that the Bercelli exercises seemed to produce a decidedly 'external' trembling. I got the impression it was simply the kind of shaking which one experiences after lifting heavy weights. When I do the Ba-Ha portion of EE it feels like the origin of the shaking is very much from the inside and then travels outward if that makes sense.

During Ba-Ha I often notice an internal 'hum' which builds and transforms into full shaking and this of course (well, for me at least) is accompanied by distinct and varying emotions arising which often feel like a powerful release or 'remembering'. I guess I passed off bercelli's exercises as somewhat inferior to the Ba-ha portion of EE as the trembling seemed to just effect the outward muscular system and was lacking both this 'internal' sensation as well as the accompanying emotional experiences attained with EE. Still, I only practiced it once so perhaps it's worth a revisit.

Thanks for the video carl, will check this out.......

Thanks for the answers, bam! it seems cold showers or cold baths do empower the body. I've been trying them lately, and you do feel literally "cool" afterwards.

Btw alkhemist, connecting the chakras is not such a hard concept, and hope you don't take offense as you appear to take as in every one of your reactions to feedback given but, you may want to re-read all that material because it seems you read it without trying to understand it.

Connecting the chakras in group firsts needs to do it internally.

Motor chakra : how healthy your body is, how capable, how tuned to your mind depending on the method you use like exercise, or martial arts, or breathing meditation.

Emotional chakra: I still have my doubts, but it's more or less your level of being, the path you are choosing between STS and STO and how you express that, through your decisions and aims.

Intellectual chakra: The level of information and knowledge vs disinformation, beliefs and assumptions. That is, taking the sulfur out of your inner mercury.

Depending on this inner connection, the capacity for this person to tune with collinear people in a group. I guess when this doesn't happen, it expresses in misunderstandings from this individual with the group, like talking a different language. That's the need for mirrors, so the group helps the individual to tune with them. And that's why there's different circles on esoteric groups: esoteric, mesoteric, exoteric. And all that and more comes in the wave series, and other books from Laura as well from Moura and Gurdjieff.

Back
Top Bottom