Session 6 July 2024

Perhaps is not so much a black and white thing. Maybe the question would be: how much of a “system B” in a person can be separated from the system A? Because, the 2 systems always are going to be present in some capacity whether someone have or don't some type of inner experience. Maybe someone who doesn’t have a type of inner experience could have the 2 systems almost combined?

The book basically has the general idea of the observation of these 2 systems acting together and by observing this in ourselves, we can take more control of our “programs”, in detecting how your act or react to things, which system takes control or not depending which situation.

One of the things, could be for example an automatic emotional reaction to something without really consciously taking control over it, and following that example; would be like when someone takes food away from you and your system A reacts from it, anger, trying to take it back, etc but your mind (system B) might be thinking; why is he/she doing that? How dare “him/her”?, perhaps some people don’t rationalize the “why that happened” but only see it as “that just happened” and that’s it, OR perhaps someone can rationalize what happened but just to a minimal level. So there could be a clue in there..

I don’t think a person who it’s not able to have any type of inner experience would be able to observe and for that, detect and separate these 2 systems ever.

But on this subject, there is another book I was beginning to read but stoped a while ago because started reading other books (I need to get it together :lol:) but reminds me of Hurtbult’s work somehow, the name of the book is The Road to Character by David Brooks. You might also want to check that one out.

That book focus on how to build your character by analyzing your inner personality, weakness and struggles, but if we translate that to the bigger picture, it may have clues on perhaps how people who can’t experience any type of inner struggles, build their personalities or “character” to survive.
This reminds me of what a religious book says about turning the other cheek ( keeping its reading according to the tradition) , and , that i long have suspected to be mostly mis-read, ie that humans are 3 centered , and , those are 2 centered , thus , not " turning" , more like "moving with another center" , as such avoiding the weeping , but able to prevent those that wil gnash teeth. makes sense ?

Back
Top Bottom